[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terri Schiavo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: terrischiavo.jpg (47 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
terrischiavo.jpg
47 KB, 600x352
Daily reminder that as Governor of Florida, Jeb Bush presided over the starving-to-death of a poor disabled woman, in front of a horrified nation. She wasn't even on a ventilator.
>>
It was death by dehydration I believe (which is standard practice in the medical industry -- they did it to an aunt of mine when she deteriarated to a certain point). Protesters were standing with glasses of water to try to save Shiavo's life.
>>
>>55330353
>life

If you could call it that.
>>
>>55330397

She was brain dead and never left her room, much like the average 4chan user.
>>
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/jeb-bush-terri-schiavo-114730

Jeb's finest hour.
>>
>>55329653
>Be in Metallica "One" situation
>Be kept alive because of feelz

The best part was when people tried to prove that she was fully conscious so should be kept alive like that. I cannot imagine a worse hell. Contrary to what many believe, failing to treat (letting die) is by far and away not the same as killing.
>>
>>55329653
Oh please, she was a vegetable. It was undignified to keep that corpse alive.
>>
>>55330614

> he does it for free
>>
>>55330614
kek
>>
>>55329653
The autopsy revealed most of her brain was decayed to water
>>
daily reminder pure vegetables can have active EEG and feel good neurotransmitters

not your call. better have a living will.
>>
>>55329653

I would want to die in that situation as well.
>>
>>55330397
>>55330614
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked-in_syndrome

She may have had locked in syndrome. Paralysed but still conscious.
>>
>>55330787
>better have a living will.
Yup, this. I don't have any old, decrepit relatives who aren't pretty much ready to go whenever things get bad enough. And there won't be any protesters when that time comes because the end of life paperwork is already done.

Same for their estate, power of attorney, etc. Definitely worth taking the time and money to set all that stuff up.
>>
>>55329653
She had a brain the size of a walnut. There was no saving her. Post the facts if you're going to shitpost.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.