[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should America reinstate the federal assault weapons ban? Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Mini-14.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Mini-14.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
Should America reinstate the federal assault weapons ban? Just think of how many gun-related terrorist attacks have happened since it expired. This is a national security issue.
>>
File: 1447037588971.jpg (42 KB, 547x523) Image search: [Google]
1447037588971.jpg
42 KB, 547x523
>>55329027

For the sake of our species, kill yourself.
>>
File: 1388976590415.jpg (82 KB, 570x691) Image search: [Google]
1388976590415.jpg
82 KB, 570x691
>>55329027

The last time you retards passed an assault weapons ban, you turned assault weapons into the most popular rifles in the country and motivated gun owners into tearing apart gun restrictions at the state level.

So by all means, please try.
>>
>>55329027
In a typical year victimization from mass murders of all types add up to about 1 or 2 per million people and gun policy in general has no statistically measurable impact on homicide in general.
>>
>come n take it
>cold dead hand
>etc
>>
>shall not be infringed

all forms of limitation on gun control can easily be performed through limits on ammunition. The constitution doesn't limit governments control on ammo.

The government could literally outlaw all forms of ammo larger than .22
>>
>>55329027
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>55332043
>Free press doesn't mean the government can't ban ink.
If the federal government goes too far with ammo restrictions the courts or the states will tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>55329027

I think that there should be a law banning the mini 14 for being an ugly cheaply made piece of garbage.
>>
>>55330578
>assault weapons
>semi automatic rifles

these two things are not like the other
>>
>>55333158

Assault weapon is a term defined by the defunct assault weapons ban. They are by definition all semi-auto.
>>
>>55333158
NFA registrations have skyrocketed in the last 20 years...
>>
>>55329027

No. Just no.
>>
>>55332043

Completely wrong. Get fucked.
>>
The government would first and foremost have to define 'Assault Weapon'...which they've yet to be able to do. Second, ammo regulation has to achieve votes, research what happened with the SS109/M185 Steel core nonsense. Third, ANYTHING can be an assault weapon. If I throw a pissed off cat at you with intent to cause harm, it's an assualt and that cat was my weapon. Lastly, a large scale weapons ban would go down about as smoothly as prohibition did.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.