[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1) Are you against weed legalization? 2) Have you ever smoked weed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: lite_burn.jpg (34 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
lite_burn.jpg
34 KB, 640x635
1) Are you against weed legalization?
2) Have you ever smoked weed?
>>
>>55319412
1) against
2) many times
>>
>>55319412
>For
>I just did
>>
>>55319412
1) Yes
2) Yes
>>
>>55319412
1. No
2. No
>>
>>55319412
1) No
2) Yes
But I don't smoke it anymore,smoked it once and didn't like.
>>
>against
>smoked yesterday
>>
>>55319412

1) No.
2) Yes.
>>
>>55319412
1. No
2. No
There is no reason to support any policy that fails to provide a net benefit for society.
>>
>>55319412

Is there a rational argument as to why it's not schedule 2?

It clearly has medicinal value now. The law is wrong and should be altered. Schedule 2 makes sense. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>55319412
>1) Are you against weed legalization?
yes
>2) Have you ever smoked weed?
yes

if you can change weed culture
youll get my support
>>
If you think weed should be illegal but alcohol shouldn't, you should shove peen in your ass
>>
No
Yes
>>
>>55320519

>change weed culture

If you made it legal the stigma would go away. Weedfags would be treated more like alcoholics.
Isn't that what you want?
>>
>>55319412
1) yes
2) more than a decade
>>
File: 1340752285589.gif (659 KB, 200x145) Image search: [Google]
1340752285589.gif
659 KB, 200x145
>>55320519
It's not going to change if you keep suppressing it with the law and pushing it underground. Look at how tame /b/ is now that it's more mainstream than ever.
>>
>>55319412
NO
YES
MAYBE
I DON'T KNOW
>>
>>55320591
>everyone who drinks is an alcoholic
>everyone who smokes is a pothead
>>
>>55320591
This.
>>
>>55320499
So why support prohibition?
One could argue that making a substance illicit creates criminals.
Taking into account the negligible effects on public health marijuana legalization would have and the reduction in imprisonment for nonviolent drug offenses, the majority of which involve marijuana, would be a net positive.
>>
>>55320591
>implying wearing a bob marley t-shirt is a stigma in the head of potfags
>>
>>55319412

No, supporter of the movement.
Smoked a few times but not smoking on a regular basis.
>>
>>55320663

Is that not true?

Are you implying that both of us aren't raging alcoholics?

Aren't you also drinking right now?
>>
No.

No.

Weed is only illegal because of William Randolph Hearst and his companies/interests. Hemp was the competitor to his lumber companies/interests and so he went on a crusade to demonize it.

Also the fact that the government can tell you what you can and cannot put into your own body proves that you are not free but instead property of the state.
>>
>>55319412
Smoked it every day for 3 years
I honestly dont think legalization will help, mostly because once its legal its going to be impossible to make it illegal again.
That being said, there are strong arguments saying that it will lessen violent crime and the prison population.
I dont like weed anymore, Ive noticed most smart people grow out of it the way I have. Maybe it will stop being cool once its legal, who knows.
>>
>>55320724
Coffee is booze? And why do you think I'm drinking right now?
>>
>>55320692

the kids who wear bob marley shirts more than once a year really should just gas themselves. I'm a pretty conservative degenerate when it comes to stupid hippy shit like that.
>>
>>55320785

Cause it's monday and neither of us are at work m8.
Unless you shitpost on the job (respect)
>>
>>55320793
Bob Marley made good music and was a friendly guy who wanted to spread a message of peace and love. I don't see what's wrong with wearing his shirt or any other band shirt for that matter.
>>
1) Are you against weed legalization?
No
2) Have you ever smoked weed?
Yes.

I believe in personal liberties provided they don't directly harm others.
>>
>>55320297
Are you a dealer or something? lol
>>
>>55320863

Dude weed lmao
>>
Yes
Yes

I support the legalization of cocaine, heroin (only in government controlled clinics), amphetamines (limited amount may be purchased per month)
>>
>>55320591
>>55320651
>If you made it legal the stigma would go away
because that stopped alcoholics from being assholes and slobs

as soon as you get rid of "420 blaze it"
youll get my support

i myself am a daily smoker
but there is nothing a hate more than a fucking stoner
>420 bruuh blaze it! vape4lyf bruuh muh dank super purple mega wet pussy kush has x times more thc than your shit bruuh

my stance on weed culture is the same for the drinking culture
its shit
>>
>>55319412

No
No
>>
No
No
>>
it should remain illegal because i benefit from drug dealing.

all other defenses are faulty.
>>
>>55320981
I am not open about my smoking weed unless someone asks. You would never know if I didn't tell you.
>>
>>55319412
Yes

Yes
>>
1 For legalization
2 Yes, every few months

I've yet to see an argument against legalization that doesn't have to do with "ew dirty stoners ew".
Seriously, I'm all against degeneracy, but substance abuse is a medical issue, not a criminal one.
>>
>>55320591
>If you made it legal the stigma would go away

Amsterdamfag here

No it wouldnt
>>
1)Legalize for medical R&D but not recreation
2)Yes, for a few years until I deemed it an unnecessary expense and saw how retarded my friends and I had become. People talk about "mind-opening" experiences like meeting gods or connecting to some shared intelligence of all life, but in reality weed drags you down to the intellegence level of your average religious zealot
>>
1) No
2) Yes, but not recently

I don't think it should be decriminalized. I don't think it should be scheduled lower. Just fucking legalize it like alcohol. The medicine argument is shitty and shouldn't have to be used as a crutch to legalize it. It shouldn't be illegal in the first place if we're okay with alcohol. Nobody should WANT medicine that so profoundly alters your cognitive ability. If we want to latch onto the medical argument, then we should encourage growers to minimize THC and maximize CBD in their plants.

Just forget the medical aspects and make it legal.
>>
>>55321173
Considering that literally everything on earth is related, it's not unreasonable to see a real connection in all living things.
>>
>>55321170
Honestly what stigma is there anyway? Outside of /pol and the police, pretty much no one cares anymore.
>>
1. Against.

2. Yes I have like two years in a row.
>>
>>55321311
many older people and some younger people still think smoking weed is for idiots

But a lot of teenagers smoke weed, I used to as well
>>
>>55319412
1) Nope. The word of illegal is increase its charm.
2) Many times.
>>
>>55321311
Dirty ugly retarded stoners that let that plant be their whole identity are a thing that exists in earnest and its really fucking jarring if you meet one
You'll meet one sooner or later and take this red pill
>>
>>55319412
no and no
>>
>>55321105

me too m88

>>55321170

But you get tourists from countries where its still illegal.

Weed legalization is like communism. You need everyone to do it or it all turns to shit
>>
File: 1361133047364.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1361133047364.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>55321039
Alcoholic consumption increased during prohibition in the US. With that it can be assumed there were more alcoholics. Never mind the violent crime that came with prohibition.
>>
>>55321463
what the fuck are you talking about

why would other countries matter when the people in amsterdam think smoking weed is degenerate?
>>
>>55321414
Alcholics are also annoying. Why are you ignoring the huge amount of people who smoke weed and don't tell everyone they meet?
>>
>>55321516

Well you didn't really explain yourself. I'm just going off your one sentence from the last post.

please don't kill me dutch intellectual
>>
>yes
>yes

>amsterdam
>decriminalized
>smoking weed is still looked up to
>>
Yes
No
I think all drugs, like weed, tobacco, alcohol, heroin, lsd etc, should be treated as one thing. Either legalize it all or ban it all. I think it should all be done away with since it just promotes degeneracy, damages the health of not only the user but also people around them, and adds nothing of value to society.
>>
Can we all agree that we should at least gas the deadheads?
>>
>>55319412
1) Against
2) Yes
>>
>>55321654
>I think all drugs, like weed, tobacco, alcohol, heroin, lsd etc, should be treated as one thing.

You didn't have to tell us that you have no experience with weed twice.
>>
>>55321576
I'm not denying that
but I'm also not denying that there is a culture there of disgusting pot enthusiasts

I said in an earlier post though, that while that culture exists, its really not an argument to not legalize weed
>>
No
no
>>
>>55321654
You advocate total prohibition?

What about prescriptions?

How about sugar, coffee, or aspirin?

How would you implement a ban on alcohol?

How would you avoid the pitfalls of creating a huge new black market?

Why do you think prohibition could ever work?
>>
Overall against. It's fine if they're over 25 but it should be kept far, far away from children. Marijuana is marketed towards kids and most appealing to kids/teenagers and is catastrophic to their mental/social development. Adults shouldn't be penalized for usage unless they smoke before work and it impacts their performance.
Medical marijuana shouldn't be restricted and more research should be funded to develop treatments that don't give a high.

Occasionally in freshman year, 3+ times a week sophomore and junior year, quit as a high school senior
>>
>>55321654
>lumping psychedelics with addictive crap

no

there is a big difference between shrooms, weed, acid etc. and alcohol, tobacco and heroin etc.
>>
>>55321848
You know that making a drug illegal makes it more available to underage kids right?
>>
>>55321846
sharia makes prohibition work
Peter Hitchens is technically right, but the more you ask the power do for you the more you allow the power to do to you
>>
>>55321877
Well come on man what did you expect. He said he's never even tried it and is acting like his opinion matters.
>>
File: nofun2.jpg (89 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
nofun2.jpg
89 KB, 488x516
>>55321654
>adds nothing of value to society

Yes, because people are robots that don't need any form of escapism from their mundane work week.

Society cannot function without people doing mundane jobs and those people need ways to get away from those jobs.
>>
File: Nixon-Jews-Marijuana.jpg (77 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Nixon-Jews-Marijuana.jpg
77 KB, 850x400
>>55319412
>>
>>55321929
Maybe if they were actually reported and punished they'd think twice, but there's no risk to them using currently. They can post about it on the internet as much as they want and no one does anything.
>>
Why do people pretend 420 culture would go away if we legalize it?
>>
>>55321848
>unless they smoke before work

Fucking dropped

Smoking before work is god tier.
You can tune out all the other faggots and just do your job.
>>
>>55322025
"and it impacts their performance"
if they're doing their work then there's nothing wrong
>>
>>55319412
Legalize HEMP
>>
>>55319412
No
Yes, I love weed, anyone who is against legalization should be genocided
>>
>>55319412
no
many years ago I was a regular smoker
>>
>>55322014
Then they would just not post about it. Booze is harder to get than weed because there is a huge black market for weed.
>>
>>55319412
I want it legal.

Never smoked it.
>>
>>55319412

1- Yes
2- No
>>
>>55322025
>I smoke before work because I'm enlightened and can't deal with the ignorant filth that is modern society
>>
1) Yes (Medical use only)
2) No, I dont need it, maybe one day when im like 90 years old
>>
1) no
2) yes
>>
>>55322186
I meant i want to legalize it, medical use only*
>>
>>55321970
>you have to have done drugs to have an opinion on them
>you have to have tried gay sex to have an opinion on it
>you have to have murdered someone to have an opinion on it
>>
>>55322146

*tips pipe*
>>
>>55322186
It's not about needing it. It's about enjoying it. I like going out and drinking with my buddies, do I need to drink? No. What is wrong with you fucking robots?
>>
>>55322309
Well you were remarking on the severity of different drugs when you literally have never tried them. It's a little different than saying murdering is wrong.
>>
>>55319412
1. Mixed feelings on it, guess I'll have to go with yes.
2. No

If I knew it wouldn't effect me I'd be for legalizing all drugs to be honest.
>>
>>55322400
>Well you were remarking on the severity of different drugs when you literally have never tried them. It's a little different than saying murdering is wrong.
It's the exact same thing. You probably just can't into logic because your brain cells are so baked. How is "don't knock it til you try it" valid on drugs but not giving a blowjob? Or are you gay, too?
>>
1. Yes, I'm against it, unless it's for non-psychoactive medicinal use or industrial hemp. Only potheads support recreational legalization.

2. No, I've never smoked or used it in any manner.
>>
>>55322656
Well I don't want to blow a dude because I'm not physically attracted to dudes. This comparison is nonsense. The thing is man, we have the medical literature to say that meth and heroin are worse than weed. I wouldn't be talking about brain cells if I were you.
>>
>>55322749
I'm not a pothead, I support legalization.
>>
>>55322749
>Only potheads support recreational legalization.

Like how only alcoholics support legal alcohol?
>>
>>55322925
>The thing is man, we have the medical literature to say that meth and heroin are worse than weed.
Irrelevant. It's shades of grey. Drunk driving your car into a bus full of children is worse than hitting a pedestrian. Both put you in jail. Raping 20 babies is worse than raping a 13 year old. Both put you in jail. Kidnapping a chick and torturing her for days until she dies is worse than shooting someone in the head. Both put you in jail.
Heroin is worse than weed? Okay, sure, fine. But both should put you in jail.
>>
>>55323260
>"I think all drugs, like weed, tobacco, alcohol, heroin, lsd etc, should be treated as one thing."
>The thing is man, we have the medical literature to say that meth and heroin are worse than weed
>"Irrelevant."

They're different substances, treating them as the same makes no sense. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>55323156

Pretty much.
>>
>>55323156
Or moral crusaders and criminals support illegal alcohol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootleggers_and_Baptists
>>
>>55323493
Well you're wrong. You know that right?
>>
>>55319412
No, I support legalizing weed.
Yes, as a teenager and then later in college, not since then.
It's a recreational drug like alcohol and tobacco, if anything legalizing it will make it mundane so weed culture will finally die.
>>
Yes for legal
Smoked for 41 years.
>>
>>55323260
The substances behave differently, and in some instances have a different delivery system to the body. Heroin can make you physically addictive in a far more nehative way than anybody who may have experienced any kind of weed addiction. That's the main reason Methadone was used to alleviate the symptoms of withdrawal people experience with Heroin. You don't use needles either with weed which with heroin is one way to use the drug which also could lead to needle sharing and the possibility of blood related illness being spread to the users. Heroin also has the potential of overdose whereas weed doesn't. Simply put this is an apples and carrots argument you're making.
>>
>>55323627
Like how legal alcohol killed the drinking culture?
>>
No
I smoked almost daily for about 4 years. I don't anymore though.
>>
>>55322339
Ill need it to enjoy myself*
learn to read like a normal person
>>
>>55319412
1) I'm for decriminalizing, but smoking so called weed culture is worth gasing
2) I'm addicted, but still ain't mental nigger. Also I almost don't drink alcohol.
>>
>>55324169
No one is asserting that they need weed to enjoy themselves.
>>
>>55322093
In a college town, alcohol and weed are equally easy to get for anyone.
>>
>>55324306
College students aren't kids are they?
>>
no
yes
>>
>>55322093
Depends on your local nig/spic population
>>
no
no
>>
>>55319412

1) Marijuana should not be prohibited on a federal level, it should be up to individual states to decide whether to make it illegal or not.

2) A few times when I was a teenager.
>>
Yes, but very rarely.

Might aswell legalize it, since legalization would remove sleazy middlemen and cartel, the weed would be high-quality and governments would actually earn money from it. In my opinion, legalization is long overdue.
>>
>>55320500
It needs to allow for recreational use( there is no reason to take that choice away from people.
>>
>No
>Yes
People smoke marijuana like a motherfucker anyway, I don't see how it could hurt for it to be legal. I've smoked my fair share and while it's fun and all, it's not the greatest thing in the world, and people that have a burning desire to smoke marijuana everyday need therapy like alcoholics.
>>
>>55324363
No, but when you're 18-20 you're not any better off than a kid trying to buy alcohol at a store.
>>
>>55319412

1) Very much for it

2) yes and still do

>inb4 hurr durr useless pothead, i am gainfully employed and buying a house
>>
1. No
2. Yes
>>
>>55319412
No
No
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5965454
>>
File: niggers.png (158 KB, 982x723) Image search: [Google]
niggers.png
158 KB, 982x723
1) Who do you work for?
2) How much do you get paid to make these threads?
>>
>>55323444
They're different substances that different effects on the body and all of them should be illegal. How is this hard?
>>
>>55319412
Yes
Yes
>>
>>55319412
no, i'm pro-legalization

no, and i don't intend to
>>
>>55319412
Here's the deal: we're currently sending money (as a country) to violent drug gangs because we refuse to sell it and tax it in stores here. We're locking people away at public expense so that we can keep paying money to violent drug gangs instead of ourselves. Nationally, marijuana was a multi billion dollar industry in 2014. Just do it already. Why are we going into debt every year in order to collectively tell people we don't approve of their joint at the expense of the all of us? Prohibition is a fucking ignorant concept. All you do is make people want it more. You get them used to dealing in black markets. Remember whiskey? It was good enough to tax, then some Puritans decided that it was unfit for Americans to drink. Alcoholism exploded. Gang violence? Check. And the government wanted to ban guns then, too!!!!! WE LET THEM BAN FULL AUTOS BECAUSE OF GANG VIOLENCE CREATED THROUGH PROHIBITION.

And America, we are dumb enough to do it all again over fucking weed. We won't stop.
>>
>>55319412
Against
>Lookatmyflag.jpg
>>
>>55325366
just posting a powerpoint slide that has facts and a name written on it doesn't prove shit. post your sources
>>
no
yes
>>
>>55326389
>we're currently sending money (as a country) to violent drug gangs because we refuse to sell it and tax it in stores here
then stop sending money

>We're locking people away at public expense so that we can keep paying money
there are way more people locked up for alchohol related crimes

>Prohibition is a fucking ignorant concept.
no its not, it actually worked. sure there were gangs but majority of people stopped drinking

> government wanted to ban guns
guns aren't drugs.

WEED FAGS BTFO LET THE BUTTHURT FLOW
>>
All arguments in favor of legalization are invalid, because they're all made by stoners.
>>
>>55326723
>sure there were gangs

That's an awful mild way of putting it

>sure we gassed 6 million but who didn't, amirite
>>
>>55326474
I'd like to know why somebody is against it. What's the big evil? People have been using it since forever. The pharmaceutical industry gets to push off any destructive mind altering compound it likes for profit. We don't even know if their little pills are safe. Please, show me the person who croaked from smoking too much weed. Did it have devastating effects on your country? Are you opposing not jailing people over a plant on some kind of moral ground?
>>
>>55326723
>no its not, it actually worked

You've clearly never read anything about the prohibition. It didn't work. People would get a trial by jury and the jury members would refuse to convict people despite it being the law. Large areas of the country ignored the law. A law being actively opposed by the people cannot be a law for long.
>>
>>55326975

lol pothead
>>
>>55326975
It makes people Dull. People that blow do not have to face reality. I believe there is enough escapism in modern day society.
>>
>>55326723
Look, canadafag, I'm an AMERICAN. In some way, it's legal in about half the country. FREEDOM actually means something to some people.

And we'll win, canadafag.

People have a right to use substances. We've been doing so for thousands of years. It's a part of the human condition. Cope. It's not your home or your body. Profit. Job creation. Violent gangs lose their lifeblood; money and markets.

And gun rights are the ultimate rights, canadafag.

Somebody sing the Star-Spangled fucking banner.
>>
>>55319412
Yes
Yes
>>
>>55327371

lol pothead
>>
File: 1445328493463.jpg (111 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
1445328493463.jpg
111 KB, 600x538
Give this a watch guys.

It was done very well.

https://youtu.be/xoUr9ET52zg
>>
>>55327371

Muh freedumbs
>>
>>55327209
People have the right to get away from their stress in ways that don't harm others. I get called a lot of things, but dull isn't one of them.
>>
>>55327671
Stress is what motivates people to preform well I do not believe that is something what should be relieved
>>
>>55327670
We have too many fucking rules altogether. We imprison more people than the fucking Red Chinese. "Land of the FREE?" Yeah, I'm free to do things in my home that you don't like. Do you cringe in fear of the dangerous "stoner?" Wanna ban tobacco and alcohol as well?
>>
File: SPURDO_WEED.jpg (73 KB, 680x371) Image search: [Google]
SPURDO_WEED.jpg
73 KB, 680x371
>>55319412
1. Naah, I'm fine with either way
2. Yes, 2 bowels today
>>
>>55327793
Some people don't do well under stress and they have the right to live life on their own terms without the threat of prison. Start a cult if you like, but that's no way to run a nation of supposedly free people. What if I wanted to ban your broccoli? Have guys with guns threaten you for having it? Fair?
>>
>>55327919
Fine by me, I don't use either of those.
>>
>>55319412
Anyone that responded

No
Yes

Should have been locked up and plugged by Jamal when they tried it for advocating that the same thing happens to others.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 439x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 439x454
>>55319412
>Whats the safest drug?
>And why is it weed?
>>
>>55319412
1) Should be legal and taxed
2) Yes and it's crap, so over-hyped it's not funny

Weed is probably less harmful than alcohol BUT I still prefer alcohol because it actually services a purpose as a "social lubricant". All weed does is turn you into a lazy sack of shit who's happy wasting their life watching TV and eating corn chips
>>
File: 1391488101358.png (20 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1391488101358.png
20 KB, 800x750
>>55328005
>benis
>>
>>55328196
Listen I do face the same police system as in America so i do not fear prison or getting shot. What i mean with No weed is that i do not want it to become socially acceptable. Outlawing it does not prevent people from smoking it. But if people think its okay to use they turn into a ambition less horde. If you want proof for this check the average Dutch college
>>
>>55319412
no
no
the fuck should i be against it for? it's less harmful than alcohol, for fucks sake.
>>
>>55319412
>yes
>no
All drugs not used for medical purposes are degenerate.
>>
>>55329516
Then how would you know that unless you can speak from experience?
>>
>>55329630
>what is research
>what is observation
>what is stoner friends telling stories
come on senpai, are you also one of those people that think the earth is flat because you haven't seen it's roundness yourself?
>>
>>55326723
That's funny considering Canada was long complicit in enabling alcohol bootleggers and gangs.
>>
>>55319412
1. No
2. About to smoke one.
>>
>>55329685
Now you're just being childish.
>>
File: spurdo benis.gif (52 KB, 791x798) Image search: [Google]
spurdo benis.gif
52 KB, 791x798
>>55328966
>:D
>>
>>55319412
1. Yes
2. TOO MUCH
>>
>>55326723
>stop sending money
you are aware that the 'sending money' is the purchase of weed illegally, right?
>alcohol related crimes
can't deny that. although the american prison system is fucking retarded
>it actually worked
it really didn't. 'sure there were gangs' is a vast, vast understatement. and even if it 'worked', how does that in any way stand to counter or disprove it being an 'ignorant concept'?
>guns aren't drugs
astute observation. the ban on drugs didn't stop them, either.

>>55330125
ah yes, research and observation sure is childish, i forgot how grown ups base their stance on belief and personal opinion.
for me, personally, it doesn't directly matter, as i don't smoke. however i would like to see it regulated and taxed, it would prove a massive boon to our economy if it were to be legalized, and the risks surrounding it are vastly overplayed.
>>
>>55319412
1) I don't really care either way desu senpai
2) Yes, about twice a month if the mood is right
>>
>No
>No
>>
>>55319412
1) for
2) Yeah, but recently been smoking less (like once every two months)
>>
Legalize all degeneracy so that as a people we understand why it's wrong

Yes 420blazeit what you dont smoke weed wtf is wrong with you
>>
>>55325366
>no sources

Dropped. A PowerPoint doesn't prove shit. Drug abuse is too broad of a term seeing that each drug has different effects on its users. Then again you are a Brazilian so you probably can't see since your head is chopped off.
>>
>>55330370
Are you really from Sweden?
>>
>>55331446
yes. born and raised, as far back as my heritage goes.
>>
>>55319412
1) Yes
2) Yes, and I love it. I smoke way less now though maybe once a month or once every 2 months, preferably after a workout or hike or somewhere out in nature.

I don't like the weed culture though.
>>
File: Stim Med.png (3 MB, 5000x2312) Image search: [Google]
Stim Med.png
3 MB, 5000x2312
I'm for legalizing stimulants and psychedelics.
Fuck weed, dude.
>>
1). No, prefer decriminalization
2). No
>>
>>55319412
No. I want to see it sold from a pharmacy. Not some faggit hippie shoppe.
Quit for many years. Wife has a serious illness and asked me to get her some. We smoked just before dinner.
>>
>>55319412
No, and yes, respectively. However, leave it to the private sector to regulate whether or not you can smoke, dependent on your job. If you have to operate heavy machinery for a living, you probably shouldn't be allowed. If you work in an office all day, then maybe.

I'd also advocate for research into a more accurate drug test that better determines when you last smoked, since 30 days wouldn't cut it for me
>>
im currently high on clonazolam, kratom and weed. Yet only one of these is illegal. The law never made sense but right now feeling this feeling it seems completely absurd that weed is illegaal
>>
>>55332309
Damn, talk about being stoned.
Just reading that makes me feel sleepy.
>>
>>55319412
Yes
Yes, but I think people should be able to decide for themselves what they take and what they wont take. The government shouldnt ban a certain drug (alcohol and/or weed) just because some people die from it or get addicted to it.
>>
1. For medical use, against recreational use. Anything that gets a person high, clouds his mind should be strictly controled or not forbiden. But then again, they want you to be dumb motherfucker who doesnt give a shit when they screw u over, right?
2. Yes
>>
1. no
2. no

>>55332309
>mixing benzos and opioid receptor agonists
full retard
>>
Many stoners would argue that many of these problems are caused by the illegality of marijuana itself - that if weed was legalized, their "hassles" would not be as many. This argument fails on a couple of grounds. First of all, marijuana is not likely to be legalized in our lifetime, or at least the next 10-20 years. The political climate in the US and even the world is such that legalization is political suicide for politicians. So it isn't going to change, and regardless of whether it is a staggering injustice, you have to get used to that fact and work with it. Tilting at windmills does not accomplish much. Secondly, even if marijuana was legalized, stoners would still be getting into all sorts of "hassles" as the nature of the drug causes them to do odd things.

One of the aspects of marijuana use is that when you are stoned, you tend to become more introspective and contemplative. To some extent, this is instructive and "mind-expanding" in that one realizes what one's own motivations in life are (which can sometimes be difficult experience, but one that can be easily forgotten with another bong hit). When you are stoned, however, being around "straight" people can be almost painful. Straight people seem overly demonstrative and loud, and their petty motivations seem to be apparent for all to see. It is almost embarrassing. Stoners are not necessarily as catatonic as they seem, just more subtle in expressing themselves sometimes, as the masks we all wear in daily life are all too apparent to them.

These masks, however, do serve a social purpose. Yes, we all play games in life, putting on an act, trying to be "nice" to people we don't like (well, sometimes, anyway) and being sociable when we don't want to be. We say "Hi, how's the weather" to an acquaintance, when we really want to be left alone. The stoner can't play that game. They appear withdrawn, and thus anti-social. People react accordingly, and it spirals into more and more withdrawal from society.
>>
1)No, most of the friends I grew up with who were 'stoners' are now fucking losers who work full time so they can spend 1/2 their paycheck on weed

2) Yes, I get why people do it, but a lot of people take it too far.
>>
>>55333252
>Anything that gets a person high, clouds his mind should be strictly controled or not forbiden.
Exercise, gambling, gaming, internet use, porn, eating, sex, reading, film, fast breathing, etc all do what you say.
Your mind is full of chemicals altering your consciousness as we speak.

Stop being a tard.
>>
No.
Technically no. But edibles.

>>55320519
Should we ban kale as well?
Since its consumed entirely by faggots?
>>
File: 1350967019178.jpg (32 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1350967019178.jpg
32 KB, 500x628
>>55333384
>First of all, marijuana is not likely to be legalized in our lifetime, or at least the next 10-20 years
>>
No
Yes

We need to legalize marijuana if not because it shouldn't be illegal in the first place but because we could make a shitload of cash on taxes.
>>
>>55319412
1.) No.
2.) Yes until I realized how lazy, stupid and worthless it made me. Every pot smoker I've ever known is lazy, stupid and a worthless human being. Sad part is they don't know it and they argue endlessly about how it's not bad for them. It's pitiful really but it's not my job to fix defective people.
>>
>>55333768
This is fair.
I like you.
>>
yes
yes I keep using it more or less regularly.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>55319412
>against
>plenty

There's plenty of evidence that it does long term harm to your brain. Especially the developing brain. People tend to use it in their teens and it has the potential to make people functionally retarded, less motivated, addicted and fucking annoying.

Hippies will tell you that it has nooo long term effects maaaan. Neuroscience is a rapidly developing field. If you can honestly tell me that you think chronic usage of a psychoactive chemical has no long term effect on neural pathways or brain regions in general you are making conclusions based on what you may perceive to be a dearth of evidence of the damaging effects of cannabis. Just stay tuned, it's not the harmless magical jesus herb that its advocates loudly suggest.
>>
>>55333768
>Limit smoking to once a week, if not two weeks
>Things return to normal, instead of being almost braindead
>>
>>55334571
Have you considered just not smoking weed?
I
>>
>>55334854

Has an alcoholic ever considered just not having another drink?
>>
Cant fuction without mah medical weed
>ty justin
>>
>>55319412

Yes
Yes, I smoke a couple times a month when I don't feel like going out and want to just play video games or watch cool movies and have an early night.
>>
1: Yes, it's degenerate and for losers and pot tokers smell and are losers.
2: No, of course not. See above.
>>
Against for any reason other than medical use, and I mean valid medical use. Not some BS Psychology shit.

No, it's a known toxic hallucinogen so why would I?

>hurr it's harmless
No. Educate yourself.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

>hurr alcohol is worse
To an extent, but that should also be slowly phased out of use. Something akin to the campaign against tobacco use would be beneficial to deal with alcohol. A drugged society is a Jewed society.
>>
>>55334854
The question was "have you smoked." So yes, I have, but I haven't touched it in almost two years.

It's just anecdotal, but I can tell you that at the age of 30, most of my peers that still smoke regularly are fairly retarded. Not all, mind you, but for many it's clearly a major hobble on their life. They, of course, have every excuse in the book for why they're perpetually stoned but it's a sad addiction like any other.
>>
>>55334980
I think so.
>>
>>55320500
Keeping it schedule 1 gives the federal govt a source of income that is completely off the books and unaccounted for and so can be used for secretive and often illegal purposes
>>
>>55334677
If you need to limit the use of something to avoid negative consequences, chances are good that you should just not use it in the first place.

I'm sure if you used meth once a month you would be good, but why use it at all?
>>
Yes
Yes
>>
File: LfH7iiP.jpg (219 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
LfH7iiP.jpg
219 KB, 1024x768
>>55335285
Chemist here.
You're absolutely wrong on most points.
>>
>>55335597
Biochemist here. Nope. Read the literature. It's pretty unanimous that regular marijuana use has long term negative health consequences. Particularly for teenagers and young adults.
>>
File: 1440735233217.jpg (50 KB, 720x488) Image search: [Google]
1440735233217.jpg
50 KB, 720x488
>>55319412
1) No, but I totally understand why people are because
2) I used to smoke all day every day for 6 years straight and I almost destroyed my life. I became totally complacent with the shitty conditions I was living in, my dead end job, and I was fine with being bored at home because dude weed lmao
>>
>>55335695
Women's Studies major here, alcohol and tobacco and fast food and a million other things also have long term health consequences. It shouldn't be the government's job to protect people from themselves.
>>
File: DSC05679.jpg (16 KB, 300x477) Image search: [Google]
DSC05679.jpg
16 KB, 300x477
>>55335695
>biochemist
What field? What is your pharmacological experience?
What type of cannabis? What route of administration? Define "regular use" and quantify these "negative effects" in a factually provable system of measurement, controlling for other factors.
>>
File: 1384240122449.jpg (334 KB, 1500x2300) Image search: [Google]
1384240122449.jpg
334 KB, 1500x2300
>>55319412

1) am for marilization of legauana

2) smoking up right now while shitposting
>>
>>55335699
no wonder the want to push legalization so badly
>>
>>55335812
Actually that's exactly what the government's job should be. Maintaining a healthy society, alongside military defence and international relations, is pretty much the exact point of what a government should be in 2015.

Neurological damage in particular is something to be concerned about because once your neurons die or are permanently damaged, it's game over. They can replace your liver, your heart, your lungs, and your kidneys. They cannot replace your brain.

We live in a society, not some anarchist shithole like Somalia. As such, people have a duty to said society. Using drugs that inhibit your thinking abilities, your working abilities, and your ability to be a functional member of society breaches this duty. As a result, the role of the government is to prevent people from becoming zombies in a drug-induced hallucination as that weakens society as a whole. If everyone was using marijuana, the whole system comes crashing down.
>>
>>55335699

Holy shit man, I'm in the same boat. I stopped smoking at 24, and realized how I haven't gone nearly as far as I hoped in life.

I lost 25 lbs this year, bulked up, I'm trying to open up to people more, and I'm doing some cert programs to increase my value. Weed is fun, but you can't let it make you complacent.
>>
File: Cocaine_-_Kids_Love_It.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cocaine_-_Kids_Love_It.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>55336115
If people did more coke with weed this wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>55335864
>Define "regular use" and quantify these "negative effects" in a factually provable system of measurement, controlling for other factors.
Don't need to. Others have already done the research for us. Science would be pointless if everyone kept doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

PubMed has plentiful articles about the detrimental effects of longterm use (which they define and control for). If you are actually a scientist you wouldn't expect others to spoonfeed you. You would also make an effort to be knowledgeable about a topic before commenting on it.
>>
File: 1383971206994.gif (2 MB, 257x193) Image search: [Google]
1383971206994.gif
2 MB, 257x193
>>55336271
>Don't need to.
Yes you do. We need to know whether you understand the studies you quote or not.
I can and have read these studies. I'm seeing if you did or not.

If you did you will be able to short-sweet it here and tell us the results and methodology used, etc.
Please, answer >>55335864
>>
>>55319412
1) & 2) Bitch I grow weed, take a guess
>>
>>55319412
1)Medical great, and with proper guidance and therapy can work wonders to treat a vast array of social, mental, and even physical ailments.
This, as in the proper strains for the proper use, should be available to any and all who go looking for it.
For recreational use, in the same sense as tobacco/alcohol. Not a damn chance. Random chance of sparking a dormant mental condition/dependency make this a bad idea to give freely to the masses.
2)All the god damn time.
Self medication style. By knowing the strains, and assessing the effects, I've determined that I probably have some sort of anxiety disorder or just some good old fashioned ADHD.
Either way, I'm too anxious to go to a doctor and fight for the legal stuff, so I go random strains and hope for the best.
Wastes a good portion of my income, and the result is that the itch I'm trying to scratch is never quite satisfied.
I have had strains where the result is, "holy fuck, so this is how everyone else feels!". But through dealers hard to get consistency.
>>
>>55320651
I like this analogy
>>
>>55324169
God you must be a sad person
>>
>>55319412
>Yes
>Yes
>>
>>55336420
>Yes you do
Uh, no I don't. I'm not at a conference presenting data. I'm posting on an anonymous Japanese cartoon image board.

>We need to know whether you understand the studies you quote or not.
Which studies in particular? Most scientific papers are rather straightforward so if you're struggling with understanding topics in your specialism that says a lot about your level of understanding.

>I can and have read these studies
I sincerely doubt that, or else you would be aware of the evidence in favour of detrimental effects of long-term marijuana usage. It's bordering on being common knowledge, like the deleterious effects of tobacco and alcohol use.

The most likely reason for that is that you are yourself a user of the substance and personal bias is interfering with your objectivity. This is actually a common problem for marijuana users in my experience, although that is anecdotal and not empirical. Unlike the evidence supporting the dangers of marijuana ;)
>>
>>55333339
>not being able to figure out dosages according to body weight, tolerance, potency ect and have yourself a good fuckin time

who's the retard?
>>
>>55320890
Anton la vey tier ideology
>>
>>55336944
>trying this hard
Kill yourself senpai
>>
1. No
2. Never have, never will.
>>
File: kekekeke!.png (3 MB, 1298x2000) Image search: [Google]
kekekeke!.png
3 MB, 1298x2000
>>55336944
There is no intrinsic harm caused by ANY psychoactive substance.
It all boils down to circumstances. If you had studied pharmacology you would know this.

I don't know what "biochemistry" class you took but you obviously never studied pharmacology.
9-delta-tetrahydrocannabinol is not neurotoxic at any typical recreational dosage.
SMOKING any plant material is unhealthy to lung tissue as burnt organic matter contains carcinogens and inflammatory agents.
Overuse of ANY chemical compound known to man can cause deleterious effects.
Drink too much water and you'll get hypokalemia and hyponatremia, which causes rapid brain swelling, brain damage, seizure, coma, and death.
Better look out!

People like you that put irrational fear into drug use only hurt people, because people don't go out and actually research anything about the drugs they take.
"I heard XXX causes YYY!"
Yeah, whatever. I heard swimming in oceans causes shark bites and drowning by rip current, and swimming in warm freshwater lakes causes brain sucking amoebas.

I bet you think cocaine is dangerous too.
>>
>>55319412

1. Against
2. Never. I also rarely drink and have never been drunk. I don't drink coffee or smoke cigarettes. I consider all non medical drugs to be degenerate.
>>
File: yM7M1jZ.jpg (432 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
yM7M1jZ.jpg
432 KB, 2448x3264
That discussion died fast, tee hee!
>>
I can't believe the amount of nanny-staters in this thread. How fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>55319412

1. I see no reason for it to be illegal. Maybe dumb fuck kids will stop talking about it 24/7 if it stopped being an edgy pass time

2. Yeah. It's alright.
>>
Yes yes
>>
>>55319412
1) no
2) ayyy

cannabis is just fine in responsible moderation. preferable to alcohol in every respect.
>>
File: 1445805300627.jpg (58 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1445805300627.jpg
58 KB, 419x480
>>55337553
>Physically takes the bluepill
>I am so redpill
>>
>>55338156
I don't know if it's even that, more /pol/'s natural contrarian tendencies
>>
>>55319412
no
all the time, it helps me concentrate, I also use it as a performance enhancer when training or playing basketball, and no I am not a basketball american
>>
>>55340135
So you mean high schoolers who sit at that table at lunch or spend all of their college experience in their dorms?
>>
>>55338154
really wish I could do LSD again. It's been over 10 years.
>>
>>55341310
What happened? Heart trouble?
>>
File: 1424375254821.png (315 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1424375254821.png
315 KB, 640x480
>>55341310
was only ever able to get my hands on a single square. could feel it but not enough to really do anything.
will probably never know that feel
>>
File: 1436184942001.jpg (201 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1436184942001.jpg
201 KB, 800x800
>>55319412
Yes. Fuck weed.
I smoked every day for 3 fucking years.
>>
>>55341439
Lost all connections and got a job where I will be fired if anyone found out.
>>
File: 1417905140008.png (290 KB, 428x588) Image search: [Google]
1417905140008.png
290 KB, 428x588
>>55341310
iktfb
lost contact with the one person who could get it for me
but I've also heard nothing compares to the first time so maybe it's for the best
>>
File: Alex_Grey_St_Albert.jpg (269 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey_St_Albert.jpg
269 KB, 802x1000
>>55341781
>>55341835
>>55341668
lol. Look up "AL-LAD", "ETH-LAD", and "1P-LSD" here-
Have fun.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RCSources
https://www.reddit.com/r/researchchemicals
Also, read this thread-
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/745848-The-Big-amp-Dandy-1P-LSD-Thread
And this thread-
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/761505-The-Big-amp-Dandy-ETH-LAD-Thread
And this thread-
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/745105-The-Big-amp-Dandy-AL-LAD-Thread-Part-3

There has never been a better time for psychedelics. EVER.
>>
>>55319606
>>55319723
>>55320519
>>55320638
>>55320765
>>55320986
>>55321119
>>55321625
>>55321742
>>55326297
>>55327425
>>55330264
>>55331767
>>55331995
>>55333048
>>55335103
>>55335554
>>55336769
>>55341771

Literally
im a hypocrite
the post

>do you do X
yes
>should X be illegal
yes

welp heres your ticket

DA FUG, ONLY NIGGERS SHOULD GET TICXKETRS
>>
1) Ok with medical weed for any age and recreational weed for people 18+
2) Like once
>>
>>55342091
yeah I actually have tried AL-LAD, it's close but no cigar, the comedown is grindy as fuck and I wouldn't say it has the introspective self-actualisation quality that acid has
intrigued by the other two I may try one
>>
>>55319412
no
yes
when it's legalized kids will stop smoking it in a degenerate fashion and it will go back to being a party drug
>>
>>55342091
I live in a small town in a state that has a blanket designer drug law. That shit isn't going to fly.
>>
File: 1440949784599.jpg (19 KB, 447x495) Image search: [Google]
1440949784599.jpg
19 KB, 447x495
>>55342410
>ETH-LAD illegal in UK
1p-lsd it is then
>>
File: alex grey2-925x1251.jpg (596 KB, 925x1251) Image search: [Google]
alex grey2-925x1251.jpg
596 KB, 925x1251
>>55342486
>I live in a small town in a state that has a blanket designer drug law.
I live in Florida and almost everything is banned here. Fortunately there's no customs stations between state borders.

Order from Europe, get it flown to the US, it comes in through NYC usually. It then gets shipped to you, and your state won't know a thing.

Fuck the god damn police.

>>55342410
How much did you use? It works wonders when taken WITH LSD or 1P. It makes them far more visual.
>>
>>55319412
1) I'm kind of against legalizing for recreation usage but might be a good thing to raise more tax dollars. I completely support medical usage though.
2) Yes
>>
>>55342960
2 tabs, think they were 100mg each
the visuals were pretty strong, the peak was pretty spectacular it was just the comedown that was unpleasant
but I took them at night so when I first started to trip balls I was getting that thing where you can't differentiate between background objects and stuff right in front of you, and I was on a commercial street with people and cars everywhere, got some pretty bad anxiety worrying what I looked like sidestepping stuff that wasnt there
>>
>>55334529
WEED
>>
>>55331767
>>55342226
I read OP wrong.. because I was stoned.
I'm not even kidding either, been a tough Monday.

I meant

1) No
2) Yes

It should be legal for 18 or 21 year and older and taxed. I would consider it less dangerous than alcohol, there are no known cases of deaths directly linked to marijuana, it is impossible to lethally overdose on it even if you would try. Making it illegal is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>55343272
It should also be more thoroughly researched for medical purposes and a part of the tax money should go to educate young people about the negative long-term health effects that it has on the brain.
>>
File: 1436211698154.jpg (341 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436211698154.jpg
341 KB, 1920x1080
>>55343150
200 mics is pretty low for AL.
Most recommend 300mcg for a good jump.

However, your description sounds about right for a good AL trip.
The comedown is probably just the residual serotonin receptor agonizing going on.

Did you have white flashes in your peripheral vision on comedown and into baseline?
I find some hard cider really helps settle things on the psychedelic comedown.
>>
>>55343656
no it was more just cognitive overload, my thoughts were just going in endless circles when I was trying to sleep and just generally felt a bit ill
I downed a whole bottle of red wine to try and counter which sort of worked I guess
I was out all night and it started when my phone ran out of battery and I had nothing to listen to but my own thoughts
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.