[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait children in the United states actually do the pledge of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 33
File: 069.gif (1 MB, 267x175) Image search: [Google]
069.gif
1 MB, 267x175
Wait
children in the United states actually do the pledge of allegiance every morning?

Like, that's not just a thing from the Simpsons?
>>
>>55315943
We are some rag worshiping mother fuckers.
>>
>>55315943
Used to. Not anymore. The Jews tapped their fedora Atheists and put an end to that in regular practice over the last two decades.
>>
>>55315943
At the school I went to we did the pledge, then we prayed, then we went around and did "special intentions" where each person in the class could raise their hand and have everyone in the class collectively pray for something they request. Cindy, who is sick today, Mark who broke his ankle, etc.
>>
>Europeens constantly boast about their superior social programs and culture
>still not patriotic enough to pledge to their nations flag every morning

I'm kind of disgusted 2bh
>>
>>55315943
I did in 2nd grade, but the school I moved to after didn't do it and no other one I attended did, not even the weird baptist one.
>>
>implying kids pledging to the flag even knew what they were saying or doing

kids are too young to understand shit like pledging allegiance
>>
>>55315943
Of course. It's not required but only illegals and commies refuse to do it.

>>55316031
California should be given back to the Mexicans.
>>
>>55315943
It's cool if you're not proud of your nation senpai you can keep playing second fiddle while we keep running shit :^)
>>
File: pledgeofalliegance.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pledgeofalliegance.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>he doesn't say the pledge every morning
get OUT
>>
>>55316031
Oh dude that sucks,they are thinking of making our schools to stop saying prayers cause it might offend those fedora tipping faggots. Cause you know it's TOTALY harmful to pray that god will keep us safe.
>>
>>55315943

Yes, we actually take pride in our nationalism and we aren't keks like yurop.
>>
>all these replies
Why would you need to zombify yourself to remain patriotic?
>>
>>55316262
Surprisingly enough, we did it to keep up with or counter the patriotism in your country.
>>
>>55315943
Talked to my cousin about this the other day since he is still in high school. They still say it over the intercom in the morning. Most people still stand up but it's no longer required for students to stand.
>>
I pledge allegiance
To the flag
Of the united states of america
And to the republic
For which it stands
One nation
Under god
Individual
With liberty and justice for all
>>
File: 1pledge_of_allegiance_1.jpg (26 KB, 425x322) Image search: [Google]
1pledge_of_allegiance_1.jpg
26 KB, 425x322
>>55316262
The average are too stupid to think for themselves so why not give them a nudge in the right direction?

It's probably the same shit they do with conscripts in your nation.
>>
>>55316165
Dude fuck my nation, The French speaking elite only managed to convince the Flemish peasantry to revolt by blaming the Dutch. There was nothing noble or righteous about our revolution
>>
>>55316359
We don't conscript preteens.
>>
>>55316353
Indivisible* and capitalize USA.
>>
>>55315943
Here in Texas we do the pledge of allegiance to our state flag as well.
>>
>>55315943
The question is why aren't you? The answer is you're s c*ck.
>>
>>55316460
pay debnts
>>
>>55316431
I should have probably mentioned it's a different pledge, I think it goes like:
Honor thee, Texas
I pledge allegiance to thee Texas
One state, indivisible
Under God
>>
>>55315943
We did this at homeroom (half day) at my elementary school
>>
>he doesn't salute his flag
>he doesn't bow his head in silence with his hat over his heart when they play taps
>he doesn't remember those who have fallen in the cause of liberty
>he doesn't teach his son not to be a sissy little faggot
>>
Yes and Ronald Reagan erupts from behind the desk shredding on a gibson, ready to kick the ass of any kid he sees just faking the pledge or abstaining.
>>
>>55315943
not in my catholic highschool. Don't think we did it in middle school either.
>>
>>55315943
We didn't used to but after it was on the Simpsons we thought it was a good idea
>>
I wonder what will happen to a Dutch teacher if he lets the class sing the national anthem at the beginning of the day. I guess he will be called a ultra right nationalist and probably gets fired also.
>>
File: Flag_of_Flanders.svg.png (19 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Flanders.svg.png
19 KB, 250x167
>>55316640
>he doesn't salute his flag
Yes I do, I honor the Flemish flag, as most of our fallen were Flemish soldiers sent to die by French speaking officers
>he doesn't bow his head in silence with his hat over his heart when they play taps
Have you ever seen the last post?
>he doesn't remember those who have fallen in the cause of liberty
Again Flemish soldiers led by incompetent French officers
>he doesn't teach his son not to be a sissy little faggot
Not yet
>>
>>55315943

Some schools still do. I went to a private school that taught us the government isn't always on our side, so we didn't.
>>
File: america.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
I've done it ever sense age 6. They start you young.

>first class in the morning
>as soon as the tardy bell rings the loudspeaker in each class goes off
>announces date, then announces, "please stand for the pledge of allegiance"
>we all stand, put our hands over our heart, and recite the pledge.
>after pledge ends, the speaker then tells us to all hold hands together, and pray for what you are thankful for (usually involves thanking the founding fathers of this great nation)
>we then must recite the 2nd amendment (which is all graded on a bell curve)
>the lunch schedule is then read (mostly hamburgers)
>the announcement ends as the loudspeaker slowly fades, playing "oh saint can you see"
>we all clap
>>
File: 1376484029136.png (46 KB, 286x324) Image search: [Google]
1376484029136.png
46 KB, 286x324
Well, that's how you keep a nation patriotic. Then you declare the opposition as unpatriotic.

Opposing the indoctrination? That's unpatriotic.
>>
The pledge is just the Lord's Prayer for the USG.
>>
It's 2015. They clap their allegiance to the flag now.
>>
>>55316401
If you don't teach your kids nationalism, then you get kek countries like germany and sweden. Nationalism is a good thing.
>>
What's the difference between Patriotism and Nationalism?
>>
Daily reminder that under god as added in 1954 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance.

Also reciting mindless drivel is what they do in China.
>>
>>55315943
I never had to say the pledge.....
Also the god shit aside, I wouldn't say it anyway.
>pledging allegiance to some thing because you where born in a certain place
>>
>>55316845
That tardy bell. I wonder if they still call it that. I haven't thought about that shit in years and years.

One kid didn't stand one day in class and we beat the shit out of him after lunch. His parents forced him to tell the teacher he wasn't allowed to say the pledge.
>>
Yeah lol we actually do it
>>
>>55315943
I was in 5 different elementary/middle schools (5-14 years old) in 5 different states, and every morning that was the first thing we did.
>>
>>55317515
>One kid didn't stand one day in class and we beat the shit out of him after lunch.
See, that's what indoctrination leads to. Someone getting beat up for exercising his rights.
>>
>>55317598
I was a cub scout at the time. That kid is lucky I didn't stab him with my knife which I always carried.

Hans, you guys were the BEST at doing pledges. Why would you not be able to feel this in your heart? Group pledging is awesome.
>>
>>55316578
>One state, indivisible
>Under God

Wait, really? Because Texas is literally allowed to split into 4 separate states under the terms of its entry into the Union.
>>
>>55315943
How is that a bad thing?

When I was in school we started each day with the national anthem
>>
>>55317748
No. That doesn't matter anymore because you all said the pledge and that fucker is legally binding ok?
You ain't goin nowhere.
>>
>>55315943
It's god damn patriotic and I respect the shit out of it, if my country wasn't absolutely keked I'd have some nationalistic pride as well
>>
>>55315943

at my school we would do the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at assembly

then we'd sing the state anthem of North Carolina, which was actually pretty cool

>though scorners may sneer at, and witlings defame her/still our hearts swell with gladness whenever we name her
>>
File: I pledge allegiance.jpg (337 KB, 692x470) Image search: [Google]
I pledge allegiance.jpg
337 KB, 692x470
>>
>>55316775
As a Flemish historian i'm disgusted that you use decades old myths about what happened in WWI, the reality, that the patriotism for Belgium was at it's height during and after the war, especially by the Flemish, and i'm sure most of them would be disgusted by what their grandchildren turned into.
>>
>>55318344
Did you notice? No matter what the haircut, they all pledge together.
>>
>>55317740
>Group pledging is awesome.
It's also the closest we have to mind control. If your nation is truly great, you don't need to make children repeat it day after day. People will realize by themselves. If it's not, then making people believe it is is a terrible idea, it prevents the bad parts from being fixed.

Part of a great nation is that people have the right to opt out. If you get beat up for not falling in line, then the nation is no longer great, its people are just desperately clinging to the illusion that it is, and lash out at anyone who doesn't want to take part in that delusion.
>>
>>55318501
>muh Belgian patriotism
Let them be disgusted, this country is going down the drain whether patriotic fools like you cling to this belief that we need a royal family/ bilingual country/...
>>
>>55316231
Your prayers sure have not kept you safe from debt though
>>
File: 1444917400531.jpg (89 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1444917400531.jpg
89 KB, 682x600
>>55318731
That is the kind of stinkin thinkin that made Germanistan what it is today. A great country...for mohamad..to rape
>>
>>55318731
>germoney giving advice on how to be a great nation.

How's your 6 gorillion refugees?
>>
>>55315943
What, are you some kind of anti-nationalist or something?

fucking gay, Belgium
>>
>>55316146
This

I remembered being bored and tired and thinking "shit we got to do this again".

It's only effictive brainwashing if you have any idea what you are saying and are not completely jaded.
>>
>be european
>claim to have the richest history in the world
>go on endlessly about how proud you are to be european
>still can't fly your nations flags without offending migrants
>won't say a few words for 15 seconds a day to foster pride in your nation
>thinks that another nation that cares for itself is mind controlled and full of propaganda

sorry that we love our country.
>>
>>55317748
I think that was our pledge when we were the Republic of Texas, and after statehood they just changed it from one nation to one state.
>>
>>55315943

morning should be spent praying to Allah (swt) instead tbqh
>>
File: Nationalism.jpg (58 KB, 839x356) Image search: [Google]
Nationalism.jpg
58 KB, 839x356
>>55316963
>>
>>55318731
>Looks at flag
>Opinion auto-discarded when it comes to the topic of "How to be a great nation"

Other auto-discard topics include: "How to not have your nation raped in the ass by immigrants" and "Why women should be presidents"
>>
>>55318731

"opting out" of your nation means fucking leaving. Jesus fuck germany, what the fuck did you even do with your balls?
>>
>>55319022
aren't you bilingual at this very moment? You do know that the sole reason the Flemish identity movement pushed for monolinguism in Flanders is because and i'm quoting straight from the source here " Around the turn of the century the conviction grew with Flemish minded that bilinguality for the entire country would mean Frenchi-fying the county since there is a bigger social value appraised to French.Now If you had any clue at all whatsoever on court life you would know that for centuries french was the lingua franca, and was still regarded as an academic language, at the same time you had people from various countries and ethnicies writing in a language with bigger publics then their own native tongue. And guess what, nowadays it's English, as evidenced as we are both talking to each other in English, and if you ever actually talked to wallonians, you'd notice they speak English as well, hooray we can communicate with each other, with a "neutral" third language, so what's the deal? And, I rather have a ceremonial king, than a president. How many catholic kingdoms are left in Europe? 3? It opens doors in ways you don't think about, for example, the Japanese emperor Hirohito was present at Boudewijns funeral (although that might have been from before your time), making it the only funeral of a foreign state he went to. I know it doesnt mean much to you and I, but following the view of Perrine, i see a continuity in the modern state of belgium, with the past and all it's citizens living in freedom and relative prosperity, isn't that enough? What do you want??
>>
>>55315943
Every morning when the bell rings we would go say the pledge and in every class room was a large flag on a staff.

Nobody understood it really. We just did it every morning.
>>
>>55320552

>I was fucking stupid so that must mean every kid is fucking stupid
>>
>>55320697
Dude k-6 had no clue what it meant.
Sorry you seem to take that personal.
>>
>>55320219
>Sees flag
>realize I can actually distinguish flags from each other

Try again amerikek
>>
>>55315943
What's wrong with instilling patriotism amongst your youth? I mean Belgium basically has no identity so I don't expect you to understand.
>>
>>55320855
In 6th grade you didn't know what the pledge meant? You are an imbecile son. How do you even tie your shoes?
>>
>>55315943

Who /edge/ here

I never said the pledge... They couldn't actually make you do it.
>>
>>55321017
Wont you enlighten me. What does it mean?
>>
>>55316845
>oh saint can you see"

>saint
>>
>>55320464
>aren't you bilingual at this very moment?...And guess what, nowadays it's English...

Yes if only for the sake of the majority of Americans that are posting on this thread to understand what we are saying at this moment

>Now If you had any clue at all whatsoever on court life you would know that for centuries french was the lingua franca, and was still regarded as an academic language, at the same time you had people from various countries and ethnicies writing in a language with bigger publics then their own native tongue.

what point are you even trying to make? that us, Flemish peasants should just abandon our culture and language?

>the Japanese emperor Hirohito was present at Boudewijns funeral
Hurray???
>>
File: 1402198543085.jpg (100 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1402198543085.jpg
100 KB, 960x960
Yeah, it was kind of nice. I was in school at the very end of this practice. One thing is that it disseminated what our culture is supposed to be about. Now, people just repeat buzzwords they read on clickbait articles. Here goes:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: One Nation, under god, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

You can't possibly oppose kids saying that, can you? And just to be clear, it's not like this was mandatory or that you were graded on it, or something. Every morning, it was just a few seconds where we all were reminded of where we came from.
>>
File: 1445999366515.png (40 KB, 307x298) Image search: [Google]
1445999366515.png
40 KB, 307x298
>>55321230
It is basically one sentence. Get a dictionary. You must be a black woman.
>>
It's just something left over from the cold war that nobody has gotten around to eliminating yet.
>>
>>55315943
>Belgian Culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3YWv4pWqk4
>>
>>55320552
What, were you in special ed? You didn't ask your teacher about what any of the words you didn't understand mean? I distinctly remember asking my teacher what a republic is.
>>
>>55316845
>saint
Nice proxy europoor
>>
File: Creation of Belgium2.jpg (522 KB, 1350x8826) Image search: [Google]
Creation of Belgium2.jpg
522 KB, 1350x8826
>>55315943
>>
no different than schoolkids in Europe kneeling down towards Mecca each morning.

Just different cultures showing respect
>>
>Be ISIS militant
>Fucking US soldiers are here
>Pretty much all my mates have abandoned
>Whisper a prayer to Allah
>Begin yelling
>OH SAY CAN YOU SEE? BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT
>Every US soldier drops their weapons and joins in
>I stop yelling and they all continue
>WHAT SO PROUDLY WE HAILED AT THE TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING
>Pick up my gun
>WHOSE BROAD STRIPES AND BRIGHT STARS THROUGH THE PERILOUS FIGHT
>Start mowing them down
>O'ER THE RAMPARTS WE WATCHED, WERE SO GALLANTLY STREAMING
>They're actually still singing even as I kill them all
>AND THE ROCKETS' RED-
>They're all dead

And that's how I acquired 72 British virgins islands.
>>
>>55316088
You are confusing nationalism with patriotism
>>
my daughter is in 1st grade in a public school, and they sadly still do it.

they also don't celebrate holidays like "Halloween" or "Christmas" by name, they have to say "fall festival" and vague things like that.
>>
In massachusetts it is an option.
I don't stand though many in my family were in war or were reserve soldiers. I just find that making us stand up for a corrupt country that's gonna send us to war without a second thought is fucked and unreasonable. The Jewish kek tips his hat off to war we go. Standing and saluting a piece of cloth that many in the country wipe their ass with is just a form that most mold to. And fuck under God. I'D say the fuckin pledge if all the evangelical Christians didn't put god in the pledge over 10 yrs ago.
>>
>>55322182
That PC shit has started showing up in shops over here and it pisses me off.
No such thing as an advent Calendar any more. But they'll sell you 24 chocolates.
>>
Pledging allegiance is awesome.
It gives a sense of belonging, and a link to the past.

In fact, fuck it, I am going to buy a US flag and hang it up in my workshop this very fucking week.

Union Jack, US Flag and culpeper minutemen are going up, shag the expense, I'm doing it.
>>
>>55321685
pretty much
>>
File: 1414190918012.png (93 KB, 435x452) Image search: [Google]
1414190918012.png
93 KB, 435x452
>>55321230

> I pledge allegiance to the Flag . . .

Does this mean you are loyal to a cloth, or particular design? No, it means that you are declaring your loyalty to the People, your countrymen, and the values of our forefathers who articulated our principles. Self-governance, protection from the State, personal and economic freedom, freedom of speech, press and assembly, fair elections and trials.

> . . . and to the Republic for which it stands
Our Republic is a very powerful model. The word Republic in this example refers to our nested layers of representative democracy, where central authority is largely unneeded. Each nationstate is it's own sovereign entity, with it's own Constitution, and it's own laws which in more ways like a group of countries in the EU than provinces of a confederated democracy. The Federal powers are very restrictive and enumerated, while State powers are general and left for State Legislatures. When State law directly contradicts Federal law, Federal law wins, but those are meant to be extremely limited. Consider it 'read-only protected memory'.

> One Nation
Though acting as separate entities, like individual tradesmen pursuing their own wealth, we are all playing for the same team.

> Under God
It is thought that if our actions are just and righteous, and we respect the sanctity of life we have been given, and try to exercise humility, integrity, and courage, we are acting "under God". Instruments for God's will on mankind.

> indivisible
We pride ourselves highly on the ability to have fervent competition, and to disagree openly and loudly in the public sphere without fear of retaliation. Though we speak freely, and can be at polar odds with our countrymen, Americans are united by their respect and love for country.

> . . . with Liberty and Justice for all.
Arguably the most important line. Speaks for itself.
>>
>>55321685
>Americans in charge of knowing history
Belgium was created more by Austria or Spain than by France.
It is still a mistake of History and should not exist.
>>
File: mary poppins yep.jpg (9 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
mary poppins yep.jpg
9 KB, 240x180
>>55322443
Good job bong. Here are some Mary Poppins boobies for you.
>>
>>55322615
ooh, nice. thanks man.

Imagine those vintage threpneys getting thrust in your face. 10/10 would do
>>
>>55322164
I think you are confusing that they aren't one in the same.

How can you possibly be a patriot if you aren't also a nationalist?

You need only look at Europe as an example of where multiculturalism and a discarding of national pride leads.

You'll all be brown and worshiping Islam in another 50 or so years. If Europe was still full of xenophobic nationalists, as it should be, you'd get to keep your culture.
>>
The pledge was only in elementary school and we only had the national anthem on Mondays, even in JROTC.

I wish American schools were more patriotic and had uniforms or at least a better dress code (no sweatpants, yoga pants, short shorts, jerseys/tanks etc)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3HEyR-c3M

This fucking advert. My sides. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1443226115363.gif (1 MB, 161x190) Image search: [Google]
1443226115363.gif
1 MB, 161x190
>>55318731
Look at how well that attitude is treating your country.
1 million Achmeds to enrich Erika.
>>
>>55322725
That a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
The medicine go down, the medicine go down...
>>
>>55315943
I don't I just sit down fuck the pledge of allegiance
>>
>>55322834
Refer to >>55320913
>>
>>55322816
But the girls in yoga pants
>>
>>55322816
We did it all the way through high school. Old school style.
>>
>>55322919
Mexican? Black? Atheist fedora tipper? Communist?
>>
>>55317819
Europeans are kekolds; they think being nationalistic is silly and then turn around and blame us because they aren't nationalistic because Jews or something. Pic related.

They're so fucking retarded it's unreal.

On topic: we still say it here in Indiana, but the "under god" part is omitted.
>>
>>55316152
I refuse to do it but I'm no commie or illegal
>>
I remember always saying the pledge of allegiance every morning, and not really caring about what I was saying just having to do it because it was mandatory and some teachers would go apeshit if you didn't do.
>>
File: received_845379638911506.jpg (54 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
received_845379638911506.jpg
54 KB, 540x960
>>
>>55323053
So I'm not the only one that chuckles a bit when I see a German flag on here complaining about how the immigration thing is panning out?

Yet none of them probably even bother to write sternly worded letters go whatever their equivalent of a representative is. Let alone anything that would actually change the course of their country.
>>
>>55322849
kek
>>
File: xHvgii4.jpg (97 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
xHvgii4.jpg
97 KB, 600x450
>>55315943
i quit doing that shit after i discovered the war on terror is a police state false flag, but i saluted my computer while looking at some pic on imgur this morning.

obama dont salute

pic related
>>
>>55322514
the problem is that flag doesn't stand for the founding fathers and the ideals of classic liberalism any longer. it's a wrapper around a bayonet that has been used to commit unspeakable amounts of violence in the name of statism and empire. the US flag does not equate with individualism any longer.
>>
>>55323199
They don't bother because obviously America who is controlled by Jews (they obviously planned the Iran deal to throw off the scent) forced Germany who is also controlled by Jews to let the Muslims in who the Jews hate. It makes perfect sense once you think about it. HEIL RUSSIA.
>>
>>55322520
Our culture is mainly French.
>>
>>55322072
Desparately underrated post
>>
>>55323270
You say empire like it's a bad thing. The barbarians are on this planet for western civilization to exploit. Not invite over to culturally enrich our daughters.
>>
File: 1439044949578.png (136 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1439044949578.png
136 KB, 512x512
>>55320913
pol has taught me the irrelevant flags of you kuck continent wafflefag
>>
>>55323287
>>55323199
WE ARE NOT GERMANY YOU FUCKTARDS
>>
>>55316395

Soon the Flemish peasants will be free of the Brussels oppression. Vote N-VA or VB.
>>
File: 1385954337808.jpg (247 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1385954337808.jpg
247 KB, 700x800
>>55323433
I never said you was, you stupid sperglord. My post still applies because you have the same thinking pattern Germany does.

You probably blame America when you stub your toe in the morning before you prep the bull.
>>
>>55320363
Fuck America
>>
>>55323433
I wasn't talking about you Belgium. Or rebel Netherlands state, whatever I'm supposed to call you guys. I very clearly was talking about Germany.
>>
>>55323034
Mexican but my race has nothing to do with why I don't say it
>>
File: 1423261554098.jpg (74 KB, 480x439) Image search: [Google]
1423261554098.jpg
74 KB, 480x439
>>55323607
>Mexican but my race has nothing to do with why I don't say it

This fucking goy...
>>
File: oops.png (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
1 MB, 800x600
>>55315943
I pledge allegiance to the Traitorous Rebels of the Disunited States of Genocidal Colonies, and to the Plutocracy for which it stands, one Nation under Allah, indivisible, with surveillance and police brutality for all.
>>
File: muslimsandusa.jpg (1 MB, 1931x1509) Image search: [Google]
muslimsandusa.jpg
1 MB, 1931x1509
>>
>>55323607
That you called yourself a Mexican says it all. It's not that you were born in Mexico, or from Mexican parents/grandparents. It's that you fail to identify as an American. I'll bet you wouldn't even get behind the wholesale slaughter of mexican nationals if it meant saving a handful of Americans.

The above is the same reason Islam isn't compatible with being an American. Split loyalties is just another type of traitor.
>>
>>55323543

We're actually one of the most racist countries in Western Europe. It's a shame our politicians prefer sucking German dick instead of listening to the people.
>>
>>55323822
Fuck México too
>>
>>55323822
I do identify myself as an American
>>
>>55315943
Anglos simply enjoy rituals of all kind, it's a cultural thing.
>>
>>55315943
Yup hand over heart everyday as it should be
>>
I don't say "under God" in the pledge. Cringe as fuck but it's not solely because I don't believe in God. I feel that our original pledge was binding and unifying, and that adding God into muddies it up.

I pledge allegiance
To the flag
Of the United States of America
And to the Republic
For which it stands
One nation
Indivisible
With liberty and justice for all

Are we United as a nation because we are patriots who love our country? Or are we United because god says so? I put more value in what the founding fathers stood for and what my people stand for than what God stands for. Even if I was religious, I'd find more beauty in our peoples unity than in God.
>>
>>55324633
Real Americans believe in God
>>
>>55323334
Frans-Nederland
>>
>>55324633
*tips le meme hat
>>
I'd all the way through highschool in a liberal state, even are libs are flagwavers if they are over 40
>>
>>55320026
>taking a theoretical physicist's word on political and sociological philosophy
ad verecundiam
>>
>>55320026
Considering he had to flee his country because of the reaction to a good number of his fellow Jews kept trying to run it into the ground, I think it's fair to call into question the amount of bias in his views on nationalism.
>>
>>55324718
A real American believes in the Constitution and the values inherent. A real American can believe in god, as long as that god does not interfere with the constitution and its values.

Good Christians generally make fine Americans because Constitutional values do not disagree with Christianity. Good muslims make shit Americans because Muhammeds teachings are almost directly opposed to the U.S constitution.
>>
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the the republic for which it stands, one nation, under god, individual, for liberty and justice for all.

No wonder why Europe opened its doors to the muslim invaders
>>
>>55325888
>A real American can believe in god, as long as that god does not interfere with the constitution and its values.
what ever you fat fuck. god cursed your whole nation with diabetes.
>>
>>55316031
Yeah, I can recite that from memory pretty easy. They just reinstated it in Michigan last year.

I pledge allegiance
To the Flag
Of the United States of America
And to the republic
For Which it stands
One nation
Under God
Indivisible
With Liberty and justice
For all
>>
>>55316845
>"oh saint can you see"
Foreigner, pls go.
>>
>>55316231
>Cause you know it's TOTALY harmful to pray that god will keep us safe.

its harmful to everyone that you are a wishful thinking idiot
>>
When I was in school we would say it in English and in Spanish. I lived in New Mexico though.
>>
File: britteeth.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
britteeth.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>55327346
I am a school teacher, we also have a morning routine in our schools.
It goes something like...
Bis-millaahir rahmaanir raheem
Qul huwal-lahu ahad alluhus-samad
Lam yalid wa lam yulad
Wa lam yakul-lahu kuhuwan ahad
>>
>>55316070
>prayed
what is that
>>
>>55315943
Yup. I live in Washington State, recited the Pledge every day from first grade to senior year.

It became empty and meaningless very fast.
>>
>>55327346
i am white and christian. i would love to stay there but when my tourist visa expires i go home.
To stay would brake the law. Why do you discriminate against people that follow your laws?
>>
>>55316146
>>55319390
Also these.
>>
>>55323813
Well you just have Islam and nothing else, we have our freedoms.
>>
>>55329479
so long as there isn't a nigger or a cop within a 10 mile radius
>>
It's pretty casual. You don't even know what it means, but as I thought of it as I got older I kind of like it.
>>
>>55327760
At the end of the day, if you can't laugh at yourself you might as well just kill yourself.
>>
>>55315943

>Be me.
>Construction Tech class.
>Early morning, time to pledge allegiance to that cloth.
>I usually just stare at it and move my lips with my hand on my shoulder which looks like from behind I have it on my heart.
>Teach notices one of the students on his phone instead of doing anything
>Is a true patriot and gets triggered then yells
YOU'RE DISREPECTFUL, (student name goes here) DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY AMERICANS ARE DYING ATM OVERSEAS SO YOU CAN BE SAFE?
>Pretty much tells him to get the fuck out of his class afterwards and student leaves
>I'm Grinning the entire time he's yelling, my kekmates are havin a giggle afterwards.
>Since then everytime its time for the pledge I would go outback of the class and wait until it was over then come back in which was still an inclassroom area.
>>
>>55315943
There is a local radio station that has a different classroom in the area every morning say the pledge
>>
>>55322815
It really blows my mind how Europe is so multicultural and shit. We were taught when we were how America is the melting pot and shit.

Multiculturalism is the biggest fucking shitty lie. Gas the kikes, race war now.
>>
>>55319449
Anyone have the webm of Merkel taking a guys German flag and throwing it away?
>>
File: wCVFrW7.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
wCVFrW7.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>55332761
will a gif do?
>>
File: 1429980137471.jpg (153 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1429980137471.jpg
153 KB, 768x576
>>55332067
(^^: nice show those dirty 'stians
>>
>>55333173
>Looks like Germanistan above them
Is she literally worse than Hitler? Is she worse for Germany than Hitler EVER could be?
>>
>>55333322
Fffffffuuuuccckkkk
>>
>nationalism is THIS weird to europoors

kek

god save that continent
>>
>>55315943
Idk Belgium, do you get walked over by the krauts every few wars?
>>
>>55315943
Wait
muslims in arabia and europe actually have to drop what they are doing and pray to mecha 3 times a day?

Like, that's not just a thing from aljehzera news?
>>
>>55333420
>2015
>thinking Hitler was bad for Germany
Please tommy get off mommies computer and go play with your folks.
>>
>>55316353

I remember when I was deployed, the Iraqis thought we took the "Pledge of the Legion" rather than "Pledge of Allegiance." I thought that was pretty funny.
>>
File: images (16).jpg (27 KB, 344x428) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
27 KB, 344x428
>>55333653
No thats japan
>>
File: Hip to be square.gif (465 KB, 200x317) Image search: [Google]
Hip to be square.gif
465 KB, 200x317
>>55333322
That's pretty horrifying anon.
>>
By the time I graduated High School, a little more than 3 years ago, it was limited to once a week and it wasn't mandatory. I think some weeks they even forgot to play it on the intercom.
>>
>>55321066
I sat in the front senior year of HS and never said the pledge. I was the only one.

Why pledge allegiance to a government you don't support?
>>
>>55315943
That's still better than in our "country" where even the Prime Ministers don't alway know the national anthem.
>>
>>55321066
I would mouth the words, but on veteran's day, etc. I'd actually say it.
>>
>>55315943
Not anymore. Half of the kids just stay in their seats and talk about minecraft or some shit.

source: teacher of 8 years.
>>
File: empires of lel.jpg (8 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
empires of lel.jpg
8 KB, 250x248
>being a republic
>>
>>55315943
I stopped doing the pledge of allegiance in school in like 4th grade, so not since I was 10 years old.
>>
>>55315943
Based Robin Williams.
>>
>>55334019
My school did it every single day. It started to feel like brainwashing after a while.

>yes obey the good ol government
>yes give us your allegiance
>yes one nation under God

It's a weird daily ritual no matter how you spin it.
>>
File: 1433319508286.png (232 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
1433319508286.png
232 KB, 619x406
>>55320026
>einstein
>stein

pure coincidence
>>
>>55316088
The state is a social construct
>>
>>55323407
to be fair, it would be annoying to have to learn all 50 state-flags in the US instead of just the one, as an outsider.
>>
>>55334622
This, 50 state flag plus all other nations flags would be a bit much
>>
>>55323166
>Self-rape
A SJW bitch wrote this trash
>>
>>55333835
Underrated
>>
>>55315943
Damn fucking straight we do. And we fly our flag fucking everywhere. Every classroom in every school, outside every public building, many private houses. Most private businesses have it somewhere.

The great thing about being American is, we can hate our politicians all we want, we can hate the direction we're going on either side, left or right, but only the far left 3dgy liberals refuse to say the pledge.
>>
File: spurdo1.png (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
spurdo1.png
8 KB, 275x183
>>55316152
Nope. My immediate family and I were born here. I refuse to pledge allegiance to that sullied icon, and I already know I have less in common with communists than you.
>>
>>55322072
I really hate the national anthem. Do people really listen to it and not get bored to death? Like finish the stupid song already so I can watch Wrestlemania.
>>
File: iKxFSX5eRFInk.gif (933 KB, 200x137) Image search: [Google]
iKxFSX5eRFInk.gif
933 KB, 200x137
>>55336350
>>
>>55315943
>"Ha ha stupid Americans! They have strange customs, unlike our enlightened European customs!!!"
>different thread, 30 minutes later
>"Why does America run the world ;_; "

Maybe if you copied us and had a little pride in yourselves, your continent wouldn't be a hellhole. Because we're clearly doing something right, and you aren't.
>>
File: 1423439960477.jpg (250 KB, 400x513) Image search: [Google]
1423439960477.jpg
250 KB, 400x513
>>55316031
Not everywhere man. My children still say it every morning at an all white school. Fly over Midwestern small towns still hold on to values and sensibilities. It's the upside of being dated.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.