[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which countries have no sense of humor? which countries understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: rogan_f.jpg (74 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
rogan_f.jpg
74 KB, 600x400
Which countries have no sense of humor?

which countries understand sarcasm?
>>
>>55311588
I'm Italian but come from Albania. There people have a different sense of humor. I always though it is kind of *british*. Can some confirm?
>>
The U.K., for one.

Their sense of humor basically revolves around poo jokes and awkwardness. It's such an unevolved humor style, I don't think it should even count.
>>
>>55311588
what is this "humor" you speak of?
>>
>>55312197

>Americans can't handle the banter
>>
all scandinavian posts on this board are boring as shit
we contribute nothing of merit
>>
>>55311588

Joe rogan's looking pretty rough.
>>
>>55312197

Dont forget crossdressing.
>>
>>55311588
i was raised on dark humor and sarcasm, its a staple diet of any sane person.
>>
>>55312287
kill yourself, jew
>>
>be americlap watching a show
>only be allowed laugh when you hear designated canned laughter
>>
>>55312628
I'm pretty sure your shows do that too
>>
One time I asked a brit how he would disable an attacker who had a gun on him and he answered "wit", so I asked him again with what?
>>
I don't find American TV shows or stand-up comedians funny but I've met plenty of funny ordinary Americans in my life. Canadians, on the other hand...
>>
>ctrl+f
>Germany
>no results

Really pol?
>>
>>55312692
>desensitized to gore
>has enough moral capability to outcast pedos
Fuck off Muslim
>>
>>55312628
>be britbong watching the jolly ol' telly welly
>man in dress makes fart noises and his coworkers stand around awkwardly

brilliant innit
>>
>>55313098
Canadians are more like us actually.

>>55313174
Yup . . . .it has to be Germans! . . .. It's hard though because some of them are dry as fuck and it's hard to tell but most of them aren't (unless they are drinking - even the Scots make me laugh then!)
>>
File: jew stew.png (227 KB, 520x356) Image search: [Google]
jew stew.png
227 KB, 520x356
>>55312628
slight kek
>>
England. Seriously can you name one good comic from there? They're all shit, HAHA IM SO SARCASTIC LIKE....SO, SO SARCASTIC.

Also good job posting Joe "pure mediocrity" rogan, he's the quintessential posterboy for why modern comedy is shit and why american comedy is shit.
>>
Funniest people I know are bongs, they can dish it out like no one else.
Of course a lot of people don't like their dry wit but those people are plebs so who cares.
>>
>>55313535
>HAHA IM SO SARCASTIC LIKE....SO, SO SARCASTIC
Lrn2irony . . . . .but we all know you prefer slapstick shit from 1970's Britain!
>>
>>55312628

Do you have to get a second tv license to watch something besides network television?
>>
File: british_humor.png (62 KB, 800x1400) Image search: [Google]
british_humor.png
62 KB, 800x1400
>>
>>55313535
Fucking YES

Cunts like Stewart Lee who's about as funny as a fucking gas-bill

But it's apparently cool to like his tedious painfully right-on observational bullshit
>>
DUDE
U
D
E
>>
>>55313174
This. Germans are a stiff audience
>>
>>55312692
reported desu
>>
>>55311588

I think Japanese humor is tasteless. Everything boils down to "lol boobies" or something similar.
>>
File: american comedians.jpg (183 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
american comedians.jpg
183 KB, 1000x700
>>55313535
I think we found the country with no sense of humour.
>>
>>55313989
MEAD
E
A
D
>>
>>55311588

Americans have a bizarre sense of humour, where it's basically non-existant.

>need laughter cues for audiences
>every interview with a comedian, the interviewer over-explains the subtlety of the joke being made
>all comedy films are the same thing over and over
>sarcasm is completely lost on them
>get upset when a joke may or may not involve them
>>
brits had multiple meltdowns on /sp/ once in olympics when they were yet to win a gold and once in last WC. they cant handle the banter
>>
>>55313816
He didn't need a license to fuck your mum though
>>
>>55313535

Psh. british humor is pretty solid.

dry humor is best humor.

id wager you're probably a bible belt fag, you southerners can't pick up on sarcasm if your life depended on it.
>>
>>55311588
This fucking thread belongs to /int/
>>
File: xZee2.png (3 MB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
xZee2.png
3 MB, 2000x1000
>>55314094
>>
>>55313935
>Er Jeremy Clarkson

HAHAHAHHAHAHA FUCK MY WIFE YOU RIOT!!! AHAHAHAHA GOOD SHOW, OLD BOY!!!!!
>>
Norway and sweden.

10 years ago we had based otto..

God i miss based otto
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=spRqTH9X6ew
>>
>>55314094
Kevin hart
>>
>>55312197
>what a surprise, an American said something stupid
>>
>>55314094
>Stephen Fry
>incredibly intelligent

spot the moron who is impressed by long words
>>
>>55314262
Clarkson can smoke a cock as well desu

I'm struggling to think of anyone who's actually funny
>>
>>55314620
Bennydict Cumbersnatch
>>
>>55314620
the best people in comedy are all in tv shows. You can do a lot more with a tv show than with standup

panel shows are fucking cancer, same is true of things like Live at the Apollo
>>
>>55311588
french people still laugh at people slipping on banana peels and other awful slapstick shit.
>>
fuck you guys we got mr bean
>>
>>55314620
I've always been a fan of Jack Dee type humour, as opposed to Lee Evans type stupidity!
>>
>Not finding Lee Mack hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9iqhdAPy8
>>
>>55314150
I've always thought canned laughter was strange. It's like a relic from the 50s or something when entertainment was performed in front of live audiences (Ed Sullivan Show). Not really sure why it stuck around and I don't think all shows have it.

A lot of sitcoms are really boring and the humour is specific towards that particular target audience (nerds, blacks, white families, college kids, blue collar, moms). It's so processed and patronizing you've really got to be in the mood for that particular brand of funny at that time otherwise it comes off as obnoxious and juvenile.

I feel stand up can be entertaining from time to time, but it's not really my cup of tea. Sometimes it's far more awkward, rather than entertaining, to observe the jokes falling flat and watching the comedian then intellectually scramble to pick it back up.

I really enjoyed written and visual humour as a child and teenager. Calvin and Hobbes is fantastic and imaginitive. Fox Trot was a more modern take on family life and I liked the content and illustrations.

Nowadays I prefer situational everyday humour. Banter amongst my coworkers and friends gets me rolling. A comedy movie just doesn't do it for me anymore.
>>
God tier Midwestern humor reporting in.
>>
>>55314094
Stephen Fry is overrated, Hugh Laurie is the better one of the duo.

Both of them can't hold a candle to Nigel Hawthorne, however.
>>
Yanks.
>>
>>55314826
>mr bean
Black adder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mr Bean
>>
>>55314954
Blackadder is essentially how the average British person views WW1
>>
>>55314900
>A comedy movie just doesn't do it for me anymore
Same.

A bit dated perhaps but one American used to get me and that was a guy called Steven Wright!
>>
>>55314785
And you laugh at farts and poop jokes
>>
>>55314900

Try Dylan Moran for decent stand up work. He really doesn't give a shit if jokes fall flat, so they rarely do.

And for films, have you seen the Cornetto Trilogy? Probably some of the greatest comedy to come out of Britain.
>>
peep show
the two ronnies
blackadder
only fools and horses
the inbetweeners
dads army
father ted
red dwarf
spaced
fawlty towers

apparantly there were no funny people in any of these >>55314620
>>
>>55312197
>American has the gall to say Brits have no humor

lol'd.
>>
>>55312512
Rogan is perfection
>>
>>55315095
News of the World
Mock The Week
8 out of 10 Cats (meh)
>>
Germans.

On the Brits vs Americans, the Brits are vastly superior.
>>
File: 1421439152575.png (202 KB, 505x422) Image search: [Google]
1421439152575.png
202 KB, 505x422
>>55314255
Louis Szekely

>american
>he's literally half a spic with a jewish background

>Szekely
>shekely
>shekel
>>
Learning Arabic I realized that Arabs have a really dry sense of humor, and that's when they're even being original. A lot of their jokes are total ripoffs, like take every dumb blonde joke, swap out "blonde" for "Himsi" (person from Hims, Syria) and you've got yourself Arab humor in the Levant.
As for their original jokes, it's hard to remember any examples because they're so forgettable, but basically the punchline is so incredibly G-rated that it leaves you wondering if it went over your head or if the joke was actually "Joha rode his donkey backwards and that's a silly mental image"
>>
>>55315074
I still think of Dylan Moran whenever I see a German post on 4chan kek

>You're talking to a modern, nice, affable German person and they're saying to you something like 'You know, vell, it's a critical time now for Germany within Europe, also globally, economically ve are pretty good, ve have been better. But ve are very vibrant in the theater and arts...' and all the time you'll be listening to this, you're thinking Mmm, yeah, mmm... Hitler, Hitler, Hitler, Hitler, Hitler...
>>
File: ameribants.png (49 KB, 760x1136) Image search: [Google]
ameribants.png
49 KB, 760x1136
>>55313535
>HAHA IM SO SARCASTIC LIKE....SO, SO SARCASTIC

But this is literally every American "comedian" who isn't black, unless you include epin manchildren like Will Ferrell. It's very rare you see humourous posts by Americans even on here that isn't just sarcasm, which is pretty shocking considering how much of the site you make up.
>>
>>55315195
>Learning arabic

Every time
>>
>>55311588
Russians have one of the darkest, grimmest sense of humor i have ever seen.

>Sergei, how do you get two knives?
>I am not of knowing Ivan
>Stab Vladimir and take his
>>
>>55311588
UK was great before it turned into a caliphate. Brass Eye would get shut down very quickly these days, I fear.
>>
>>55312197
>Says the fart jokes comedian.
>>
File: the bible.jpg (52 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
the bible.jpg
52 KB, 500x285
>>55315095
The Day Today
Brasseye
Four Lions

basically anything Chris Morris is in
>>
>>55313098
I don't recall laughing at a TV show in years. A lot of it is "oh I get it!" kind of humor. As if cleverness alone means something is funny.

Then there are pop-culture references that pass as jokes. Le 2015 man does this a lot. Big Bang Theory is the epitome of this.
>>
>>55312197
>Their sense of humor basically revolves around poo jokes and awkwardness

the word 'ironic' is misused all the time here, but that post qualifies
>>
I'd have to say France. The only legal offensive jokes you can make are about gypsies.

Even when you're a certified leftists and judges won't bother you there are still risks, last time leftists tried to laugh "with" the Muslims... well you know how it ended.
>>
>>55315074
>Try Dylan Moran
Black books was an awesome TV show.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (27 KB, 302x250) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
27 KB, 302x250
anyone remember the time this iranian dude had his show aired on the bbc and made a joke linking the top 3 hated nations on earth to how many jews lived in them
>>
>>55311588
>Which countries have no sense of humor?
Germany
>>
DESU I see Americans get overly pissed by jokes about them. We make jokes about every other country, but when they make jokes about us we usually get pissed.
>>
>>55315547

Best German joke ever:

>What do you call a black man trying to rob you and rape your daughter? Son-in-law.
>>
>>55315259
>this shit
>grim

I'll tell you a better joke, although you may not get it. For some reasons, foreigners usually don't laugh at that one.

Two moms are going for a walk with their kids, both are in baby-carriages. One of the baby-carriages runs over a rock, that makes it jump, the baby inside flies out of the carriage, falls on the ground and an arriving tram crushes its soft little head.
The second mother looks at the first mother and says: "That's a helluva way to ruin your day, huh?"
>>
>>55314620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4dw9wuFY8E
>>
File: 1443729367177.png (8 KB, 215x255) Image search: [Google]
1443729367177.png
8 KB, 215x255
>>55315621
that's pretty funny
>>
>>55312197
CAN'T HANDLE THE BANTS MY BOY
>>
>>55312895
I hate you so much.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/int/50522363
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.