[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
city-state traditional thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13
File: Elgin platform.jpg (3 MB, 4352x3264) Image search: [Google]
Elgin platform.jpg
3 MB, 4352x3264
Why don't you want to start building society, free from marxsim?

Our plan at that moment:
0. We start as corporation.
[?]. Establish the free fleet of Wyatt Mann.
1. Buy the old sea platform\oil rig\or something like that. [Why in water? Because no one owns the ocean. We can be a new nation absolutely legally].
2. Starting from the "deep bottom": we should organize recycling of waste from rich countries [they actually pay for that]. We need kind of plant, where we can collect resources from garbage: electronic and electric equipment, glass, metal, plastic. Look what barbars in Africa do with free resources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDrIvShZKU
Also, we should start sea farming and gardening.
On that step we also must establish power generation. Let's start from wind turbines.
3. Next level - ship\auto\avia graveyard. Recycling\repair - and we will get a transport for us. [We can't use cars in sea, but they're still nice source of engines and parts].
Look what barbars in Africa do with free resources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTv2Zmtp5Eg
4. Artiical island creation, platform(s) expansion.
5. Creating a place for technological startups.and proclamation of the State.

About defence: I think, that we should create huge amount of cheap UAVs\USVs as our first line defence forces.

About transportation: revitalized planes, helicopters, vessels. Creation of submarines is quiestionable.

Your opinion?
>>
>>
File: Sea_Launch_Odyssey.jpg (170 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
Sea_Launch_Odyssey.jpg
170 KB, 600x340
>>
File: general-atomics-avenger-uav.jpg (67 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
general-atomics-avenger-uav.jpg
67 KB, 800x533
>>
File: airplane-threedmodern-70831.jpg (45 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
airplane-threedmodern-70831.jpg
45 KB, 640x400
>>
File: floating_hotel.jpg (109 KB, 640x404) Image search: [Google]
floating_hotel.jpg
109 KB, 640x404
>>
File: Mariner_Waterworld_h2.jpg (117 KB, 600x368) Image search: [Google]
Mariner_Waterworld_h2.jpg
117 KB, 600x368
>>
File: 020.png (520 KB, 975x439) Image search: [Google]
020.png
520 KB, 975x439
>>
File: SilverMarlin_[638x253].jpg (160 KB, 636x253) Image search: [Google]
SilverMarlin_[638x253].jpg
160 KB, 636x253
>>
No one is interested?
>>
wheres the mone coming from and when/who will be the absolute monarch?
>>
Maybe we could start a navy with conversions from cargo ships.

Also
Protector USV and Spartan USV

Firescout/Hummingbird variant UAV, with an obviously cheaper price tag

Maybe offer a service of ship rescue
>>
>>55310072
>wheres the mone coming from
Please, read the first post. Recycling at first, technological start-ups then.
>and when/who will be the absolute monarch
Direct democracy.
>>
>>55310110
>offer a service of ship rescue
That's nice too.
>>
>>55308546
You need nukes or some other WMD, otherwise you will get BTFOd by anyone you piss off.
>>
>>55310163
>Direct democracy
Shown time and again that it is a faulty system.
>>
>>55310827
But how about Switzerland?
>>
>>55310735
Yes, it's a problem too.
>>
>>55308546
The sheer amount of infrastructure and capital needed for the upkeep and maintenance of platforms, wind turbines and shipping in general is pretty insane.

I don't think your plan could be economically viable, the start up costs would be huge and the running costs also huge as we'd probably have to contract other companies with the infrastructure in place to help maintain.

Source: Merchant navy officer working in North Sea oil and gas industry
>>
>>55310189
we could be like a more diverse diamond dogs in what we offer as a service

I'm in my computer security service course, so perhaps maybe we could offer to host websites/servers for anonymous users for certain websites
>>
>>55310994
More info pls.
>>
>>55310735
I'm not sure who'd we be pissing off though, the very most being pirates if we are near country coastlines

we could take advantage desu, offer a security service for ships crossing certain straits (IE : Somalia)
>>
>>55311021
>>55311075
But you're already live in city state.
>>
>>55311071
I cba to look up the numbers but I have in the past, offshore wind turbines offer are one of the least cost effective ways of obtaining energy, not least because you have to have 'windfarm' boats constantly patrolling to make sure other vessels dont hit hte structures and to ferry men back and forth from land to maintain them.

Oil rigs start up costs are so huge that they take decades to be worth the investment because the production and drilling is so costly. All of your personell are flown out of shipped back and forth, your energy comes from oil which is transported back and forth from ships and all of your food and clean water is also transferred to you by ships. This all costs a huge amount.

Maintenance gets harder as rigs get older, sections need to be constantly replaced as rusting occurs, not to mention you would need an ERRV on constant standby to patrol in case vessels will hit the rigs or to evacuate people if there is a disaster.

I haven't even mentioned wages, but if rigs are that expensive when they're producing oil or gas, you wouldn't be able to turn a profit on recycling or sea farming.
>>
>>55311315
thats why i want to help founding another one

would make for an amazing adventure
>>
>>55311463
Oh, okay.
>>
>>55311354
What do then? Which sea platforms cheaper?
>>
>>55311811
desu something like the MSF on the ground would be more easier

I know it sounds insane, but being of use to larger powers may help us too, perhaps an agreement with protecting chinese interests in africa would open up cash for spending, as long as we can negotiate with them

perhaps you ask why us? well the chinese might not want to get their hands dirty if they don't have to, and if the pay is good, why not?
>>
>>55312149
Are you the chinese 5th column?
>>
>>55312357
no, but profiting of them is an option
>>
In the other thread someone had the idea of at least starting out as a mobile flotilla. We live on ships and go around using different opportunities to get money and supplies. As more people join, ships can be added, and different ships can start specializing in producing different goods and services.

It even works with libertarian ideas because maybe each ship is owned by its captain, who can join or leave the fleet as they wish. A council of captains could make decisions for the fleet.
>>
>>55312407
That's kind of questionable.
>>
>>55308546
Did you just play MGS V?
>>
>>55312702
i know, but we'll need funding
>>
>>55312741
No.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLTYIHfwcpA
>>55309347
>>55309230
>>
>>55312679
How will you organize proper recycling process on a ship?
>>
Used to work on oil rigs and sea platforms for most of my career so far, I can answer every question in regards to life on one.

>>55309106
Not suitable for international waters..
>>
>>55313239
What cheapiest form of sea platform we can buy? Or we can build it?
>>
>>55313299
Depends on what you are looking for size-and transportation-wise (doubt you want something stationary).
Restoration and major make over would probably be necessary if you can get your hands on anything "used". These things are often a hellhole while still in use, no idea how bad the ones will look people are trying to get rid off.
Building it yourself should be out of question.
>>
>>55313453
what are your opinions on my plan then?
>>
Anybody fancy annexing some islands in the Pacific? Oeno seems like a good candidate.
>>
>>55310827
And every other system has shown time and again that they are worse.
>>
>>55313726
Probably a better idea than that entire oil-rig idea.
>>
>>55313726
That would require a huge initial pile of cash anon.
You'll only really get that kind of money once investors see it's actually working.
Start small and build from it
>>
>>55314066
> That would require a huge initial pile of cash anon.

It would be cheaper than any of the other ideas so far desu lad
>>
>>55314066
I don't think money would be much of an issue, so long as you're dedicated to it. Oeno is completely uninhabited, you can just go there and declare it your own. Need the equipment to sustian a settlement there however.
>>
>>55313726
Is that a picture of the island?

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oeno_Island

Says it's uninhabited, sounds like a perfect candidate assuming we could get a decent supply of energy production there (solar panels, wind turbines) and breedable livestock.

A few dozen hens could produce an egg a day each. Would need at least 1 per islander. We could have a half dozen goats to produce milk. Both of those animals would require no additional food beyond whats available on the island (grass, bugs).

We could farm outdoors when the seasons allow it and indoors on the off season.

One thing we would need to build for sure is an airstrip so those of us with pilots licenses can come and go with supplies/people. Not sure a seaplane could make that voyage from the nearest island.

What would we need besides that? This island is uninhabited so I'm guessing its just up for grabs.
>>
>>55314215
Surely it's already owned by a county, though.
>>
>>55314175
Could start off with a second hand oil tanker surely.
300k ought to cover it
>>
>>55314367
It is, yes. It's part of the Pitcarn Islands, which is a British overseas territory. The Pitcarns only have a population of around 50 people, there's no military presence either. I doubt the UK would even care if somebody claimed it, they probably wouldn't even recognise it.
>>
>>55314477
How to realize proper recycling process in a tanker?
>>
>>55314367
Oeno and a nearby island are owned by the British. I say we just bring guns with us. What are those keks going to do by the time they even realize

3300 miles from kekland, new Zealand. I think we could survive that journey
>>
>>55313726
Isn't it too far from any trade routs?
>>
>>55313726
Another option is the South Orkneys, it's far colder and harder to reach, but much larger. However there are British and Argentinian stations present, consider them like embassies.

I suggest taking multiple islands and establishing a union of some sort. That way we'll be stronger and more likley to get regonised.
>>
>>55314682
You could use the oil tanker to transport materials and then build your own off shore oil rig base like the one in your pic
>>
>>55314848
Get there from Adamstown, approximatley 130KM from the island.
>>
>>55315032
I don't want to build an oil rig. Do you even read my post?
>>
>>55315124
A floating platform then, whatever the fuck.
>>
So what?
>>
>>55315448
Fuck off Russia you're not even gonna be invited
>>
>>55315537
I am the source of this idea, you stupid burger.
>>
>>55315570
You're invited to live on my island ruskibro :^)
>>
File: Mostafa_Group_-_Ship_Recycling.jpg (262 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
Mostafa_Group_-_Ship_Recycling.jpg
262 KB, 1024x689
>>
>>55315903
Thank you.
>>
>>55315965
wat
>>
>>55316005
?
>>
>>55316035
Is that part of your plan?
>>
File: images.png (6 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 318x159
>>55316177
>>
http://www.seasteading.org/

I like the idea. It really is the only way to experiment different forms of governance.

I wonder if it would be easier to build complexes on Antarctica rather than building platforms on the sea.
>>
>>55316615
I seen their "about" page, I have quite strange feeling. I don't believe them.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.