[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about Twitter that makes it so uniquely terrible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
What is it about Twitter that makes it so uniquely terrible?
>>
140 characters
>>
>>55306750
Niggers
Feminists
SJWs
Liberals
Fags
Trannies (except Bailey Jay)
People who post their own poetry
Not enough tits
140 characters
(Hungry
Need hamburger
And Mountain Dew
Hurry)
And Jews.
>>
>>55306996
so in other words, normies
>>
File: colorbars.jpg (459 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
colorbars.jpg
459 KB, 1680x1050
The technological manifestation of lowest common denominator. It's terrifying.
>>
Character limit encourages typing like a subhuman.
>>
i only recently started using twitter, but just to receive updates from people im interested in and while its not great to use i think its alright. to me it kinda feels like RSS. its not like you are unwillingly exposed to all the shit there is on twitter, you get to choose what you see.
>>
>>55306750
It allows a tiny slice of the population to create a disproportionately large response to a proposition or problem.
>>
>>55307230
it's cool for news but the people that use it to socialize seem like the lowest form of subhuman.
>>
Social Media and normies have ruined the internet.

The internet has gone from what I would call an artistic medium and information highway to a consumption of manufactured content.

Memes don't take off from someone's OC, anymore. They are made in board meetings and cubicles of office buildings and plastered on Buzzfeed as "viral" even when it only has like... 2,000 views.
>>
>>55307342

I used to use twitter for news, but now I use flip board which is 100x better
>>
>>55306750

As platform?
FSF endorsed, FOSS and privacy oriented(kinda)

Not that good, but its the best of the bunch
>>
>>55306750
Anyone who says it's "news" is fucking retarded. You think you got the latest news from a Twitter post about financial markets, how Putin rekt Ukraine, or something of that sort?

The worst part about it is that it has been hijacked by news channels and they stream the Twitter feed on the tickers at the bottom as if Joey the Crackhead has something revolutionary to say.

Just fuck Twitter, it's honestly retarded.

Also,
>Subscribing to the Jew Bird
>Logs every post
>Catalogs them
>Sees who you follow
>Makes your life more transparent for anyone, including governments, to learn things about you
>>
>>55307363
>Memes don't take off from someone's OC, anymore. They are made in board meetings and cubicles of office buildings and plastered on Buzzfeed as "viral" even when it only has like... 2,000 views.

That's the other thing about Twitter, their memes are utter shit.

Nigger slang and Minions.
>>
>>55307363
Thisthisthisthis
>>
File: before pol after pol.jpg (34 KB, 720x425) Image search: [Google]
before pol after pol.jpg
34 KB, 720x425
>>55306750

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vzMNG2fZc

It forces you to use simplistic or poorly worded arguments, and emotional posts trump factual posts.
>>
I troll Twitter a lot. I used to do it all the time but haven't been on in a long time. I also troll /pol/ but that's beside the point. The only good thing I find about Twitter is that you can pretend to be any race, or no race at all, and cause so much assravaging butthurt with just a few words directed at blacks. It's doubly funny because I am black, myself. And it's not the blacks freaking out that's funny, although it's worth the laughs, it's the white liberals who trip over themselves to come to the defense of anyone they detect may be slightly offended by any written word they might have the ability to understand. That's my favorite.

Aside from that, Twitter is a fucking shithole of people who think they're clever as fuck, with shitty smug attitudes, and roaring superiority complexes. And they also believe American blacks were once Egyptian or some shit.
>>
>>55306750
Trying to have a conversation with someone who's just spent an hour or so immersed in the Twitter... probably why people are so easily "triggered" these days.
>>
>>55306750

You can't have proper discourse with 140 characters or less.
>>
I think if there was some mass extermination of people with anime avatars on Twitter then the human race would improve.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.