[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people spit on traditional family life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1444869947941.jpg (40 KB, 618x459) Image search: [Google]
1444869947941.jpg
40 KB, 618x459
My family (Dutch, although I sometimes get a Maltese flag when posting from my phone for some reason) has a befriended family in Germany that we visit often. They live in a small village, you know, with the houses having facades with white plasterwork and wooden beams. The thing is, when a child comes of age and marries, they build a house with a large amount of help from the tight community. So the people we visit have 3 houses in a row, with 4 generations of the family living in them. The first house is great-grandma's. She's in her 90s, worked in a soup kitchen in ww2, so you could make a certain Seinfeld reference, although I hate that show. She's almost deaf, but that doesn't really matter, because if something were to happen, help would literally be 20ft away. She watches the children sometimes and basically they all help each other out. Because the houses are all owned by themselves and there's no need for expensive retirement homes and child care, they are quite affluent and have multiple cars (some just for fun) and just generally do what they want, go on vacation multiple times a year and throw parties, watch football matches etc.

When I told my friends about how they lived, some were like "huhh why would you want to live next to your parents? I'd never want that, that's ridiculous. No, I just want to have an apartment in a big city, you know"

>mfw
>>
File: 54978140.jpg (73 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
54978140.jpg
73 KB, 400x400
>>55304964
>>
>>55304964
RARE
A
R
E
>>
File: 1445798542134.jpg (264 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445798542134.jpg
264 KB, 1024x1024
Normies are too progressive. They'll follow anything that supposed to be the "trend," and they don't think for themselves, they just follow the pied pipers. They are inconsiderate bunch of scum.
>>
>>55304964
C-can I marry one of the girls and become part of that family?
I would be so happy.
>>
>>55305171
Both of them are married already, sorry anon
>>
File: 1439192879635.jpg (121 KB, 1000x969) Image search: [Google]
1439192879635.jpg
121 KB, 1000x969
>>55304964
En de dochter van mijn oma (niet biologisch, maar ik noemde haar oma) kocht of huurde een appartement naast die van haar ouders direct nadat ze uit huis ging. Haar beide ouders zijn nu overleden en ze woont daar nog steeds. Dus ze heeft hun hele leven lang in hun huis gewoont, of direct er naast.
>>
>>55305500
Ja dat is ook mooi. Verhuizen is kut, ik heb bijvoorbeeld drie vriendinnen die naar het buitenland zijn verhuisd. Vinden ze hartstikke leuk, moeten ze ook zeker doen als ze dat willen, maar je laat je hele sociale netwerk achter. Dan houd je jezelf wel voor dat je gaat Skypen en zo, en dat je elkaar nog vaak gaat bezoeken, maar dat werkt natuurlijk niet echt zo. Snappen doe ik het niet in ieder geval. De vrienden en familie die naar een andere stad verhuizen zie je ook vaak amper, terwijl Nederland niet eens zo groot is.
>>
Here we go with the durka durka
>>
Because people needs to be free and independent. Families aren't needed in the 21th century. Strong and extended families are terrible consumers.

Patriotism is dead because people don't feel any bonds or responsibilities with their family ,ancestors etc. Since the baby boomers it's all about "the individual". No wonder families are breaking like never before
>>
>>55304964
Because "traditional" family life is actually just a contemporary view of the nuclear family that only existed in the early 20th century in some western countries. Before then, there were many different perceptions on family life. But you played Fallout 3 this one time and browsed pol and let retards tell you that was the traditional way, but it never was. It was a short period of time lasting just two generations. It died out fasted than it came about.
>>
>>55305958
I never played le epic fallout you cůck. The nuclear family has been around forever. In medieval times it was very common for families to live together to some degree, for example. Besides, the studies you are probably referring to, suggest that the family living in one house is something that wasn't as common as perceived, which is true. But I'm talking about people living jn seperate homes yet close together. In the olden days the villages were small and even when the family didn't live in the same farm/house, they would never be far away.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.