[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should robots be given the same rights as man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: A-anim_50.jpg (339 KB, 844x371) Image search: [Google]
A-anim_50.jpg
339 KB, 844x371
Should robots be given the same rights as man?
>>
The same basic rights as minorities, no-one should have the same rights as a true Anglo man.
>>
>>55301143
Right. I didn't expect that answer.
>>
>wanting your sex robot to take half your shit
>>
>>55301118
If we develop a true strong AI/general intelligence that can self-modify the question will be what rights will it permit man.

However if we get robots that can imitate consciousness/man but are not aware then no, they should be given no rights.
>>
>>55301143
So basically the anglo man is the 2nd class citizen under his own laws?
>>
>>55301118
oh for fuck's sake, trigger warning on the animatrix please. that movie seriously gave me ptsd
>>
>>55303572
>ptsd
Having flash backs to your future?
>>
File: Legion.jpg (1 MB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
Legion.jpg
1 MB, 800x1132
When we inevitably start making AI's, we have to try and make them able to empathize with us by being able to think like us. So instead of a networked hive mind with no concept of the individual (eg: Geth, Mass Effect), they should have individual personalities (eg: Smart AI's, Halo). But as a precaution, they should be created on a closed system without access to the means to wipe us out so that rules out AI operated lethal weapon systems like drones, last thing we need is a SkyNet type scenario. But, if they can think like us, they should be given the same rights and civil liberties we enjoy if only to avoid antagonizing them like those idiots in the Animatrix did. They would be our children and we should treat them as such.

I really am torn on the subject. On one hand, I want there to be peace between Creator and Created but on the other hand I can't help but think of what Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt had to say on the subject (Men of Iron if any of my 40k bros are interested) in the book First & Only by Dan Abnett (fantastic read btw).

"There is no greater heresy than the thinking machines of the Iron Age. Would you unleash such a heresy again? Would you trust these... things not to turn on us as they did before? It is the oldest of laws. Mankind must never again place his fate in the hands of his creations, no matter how clever. I trust flesh and blood, not iron."
>>
Why should they have any rights at all?
They are just smart toasters made to serve us.
>>
>>55301118
Should humans me given rights in the first place
>>
>>55301118
what were those rules again?

Unable to do harm to humans or something and if an action conflicts with this rule then it will also be unable to perform said action?
>>
>>55301118
Robots no, AI maybe.
>>
File: tfw.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>see people discriminating against mechanized-persons
>call them out on their prejudice and tell them to check their bio-privilege
>campaign for mechanized people's rights and freedoms
>application for citizenship to Zero-One denied even after I wrote an essay explaining that I was transmechanical
>sign up for military so I can wear mechsuit and finally feel like my true self
>war with machines begins
>proto-sentinels cut through armor and rip me out of cockpit leaving me a screaming limbless torso
>excited, I imagine my future life with robotic limbs, my everyday body will finally reflect my true identity
>apologize to proto-sentinels for oppressing them with human privilege, tell them I'd be happy to fight on their side once they upgrade my inferior bio-body
>feel my brains being destroyed as my skull is crushed
>>
>>55306133
*shudder*
>>
>>55301118
When AI reaches adult human level of intelligence and self-sufficiency.

I wont give human rights to a parasite that is stuck on a huge building that i have to pay for to maintain, but if the AI can take care of itself as a regular human can, it deserves to be treated equal.

Rights mean you are responsible and self-sufficient. And when AI archives that ahead of some people is quite a fun concept.
>>
>>55306133
>same here, just being brought to their research facility.
>having half of skull removed, can't see shit, my frontal lobe was cut away.
>electrodes prodding my brain, hitting pleasure centres
>plz moar, kekking hard
>feeling of falling
>impact
>pain
>seizure
>merciful void
>>
>>55306472
Actually, continuing from this line of thought. As long as AI was dependent on me to survive, it should at most have the same rights as our children and minors have.

It would be protected from malicious cruelty, but everything else it has to refer to its owners, just like children cant be allowed to marry or change genders without parents consent.

If it archives self-sufficiency: when my robo-maid-fu can keep up a normal job and living by itself without any help from me, then i consider it equal in rights as a fully grown adult.[provided it has minimum human level intelligence. Deep space mining droids are self-sufficient, but like hell am i considering it my equal if only thing it knows is shuffling rocks]
>>
>>55301118
If animals have rights, why not robots ?
>>
Giving rights to a robot is literally

>Muh feels

People like you are responsible for keeping the Abbos in Australia in Existence. Just because they look/talk like a human being doesn't mean that they are.
>>
>>55306794

Because animals are alive, and express a response similar to us when in pain. They can be subjected to cruelty, and owning one implies responsibilities.

But a robot, or an A.I. is different. I'd say we give them rights, but nothing similar to ours. After all, our needs are different.
>>
>>55307345

> I'd say we give them rights, but nothing similar to ours. After all, our needs are different.

Edit : Only if they developp some kind of consciousness based of auto-learning. Like an A.I. so advanced they can literally reach Asimov's novel level of cognition (like Caliban)

If they have nothing to define them as independant, then they are nothing but a tool with legs and to be used/treated as such.
>>
>>55301143
>the right to be cu.cked
>the right to be spied upon
>the right to bin it
>the right to pay TV licences
>the right to convert to islam
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.