[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if I told you that everything you thought you knew about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 20
File: 229336[1].png (2 MB, 1000x1315) Image search: [Google]
229336[1].png
2 MB, 1000x1315
What if I told you that everything you thought you knew about Christianity was a lie?
>>
>>55300255
I'd answer you wouldn't be the first
>>
>>55300255
I'd say: "Not one of these faggots again."
>>
File: 1445243562461.jpg (85 KB, 641x626) Image search: [Google]
1445243562461.jpg
85 KB, 641x626
>>55300255
So is everything I think/believe about Buddhism a lie too?

It sounds like the opinion of a 16 year old, and you haven't matured very much beyond that.
>>
>>55300433
Read the book 'The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross' by John Allegro.
>>
>>55300509

So your argument is that I should read a book?
>>
>>55300529
There is no argument.
>>
>>55300554

What the fuck does this even mean? Why even post a topic?

Is there some TV show you recommend I should watch too?
>>
>>55300591
>Why even post a topic?

Does everything need to turn to conflict in your life?

I'm not here to hold your hand. If you want to understand something, then I've given you the path.
>>
>>55300629

Listen, numbnigger, you started an argument then you refuse to finish it.

>how do I into argumentative logic
>>
File: cultstructure.jpg (350 KB, 782x1000) Image search: [Google]
cultstructure.jpg
350 KB, 782x1000
>>55300255

I'm aware. The teachings attributed to Jesus remain wise advice however
>>
File: Nonfiction bible.jpg (151 KB, 485x453) Image search: [Google]
Nonfiction bible.jpg
151 KB, 485x453
>>55300255
Like this?
>>
I can't believe that people buy into Christianity when there were a lot of men back then who acted and preached the same things as Jesus... like the man who baptized Jesus.

It was a fucking scam. Duh.
>>
>>55300693
hurr durr
asking a question is starting an argument
>>
>>55300255
>Turbo-capitalist finally reading old Testament
>notice how marxistic it is

>What if I told you that everything you thought you knew about Christianity was a lie?
>>
>>55300831
It is, you dipshit.

While the rhetoric may in the form of a question, you are making a logical statement.

Trying to have a rational discussion with you is like trying to argue with a 9 year old, whose critical thinking skills haven't developed yet.
>>
File: jesusmushroom4.jpg (57 KB, 302x357) Image search: [Google]
jesusmushroom4.jpg
57 KB, 302x357
Jesus was a cult founder whose superhuman patience, gentleness and understanding was the product of ritualized consumption of psychedelic mushrooms.

You can experience the same mindset by taking the same substance, provided you know what you're doing and the trip goes well.

Do not throw the baby out with the bath water. Even if Jesus wasn't magic, his teachings are wise and useful.
>>
File: jesusmushroom2.png (593 KB, 569x383) Image search: [Google]
jesusmushroom2.png
593 KB, 569x383
Based on early church artwork the specific mushroom he took was most likely amanita muscaria
>>
>>55300960
hurp durp every form of expression is an argument
>>
>>55300509
No, I won't read any more jive ass books!!
>>
File: jesusmushroom.jpg (12 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
jesusmushroom.jpg
12 KB, 237x213
Note the red cap with white spots, distinctive qualities of a. muscaria

It can be smoked, which is generally safer and more foolproof than other ways of consuming it. Eating it outright will mean very bad times for you, maybe death. In some cultures it was consumed by deer, then the head of a tribe would drink its pee. Then those below him would drink his pee and so on, dosing off the residual compound still present in the urine
>>
>>55301063
Yeah because, you really know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
File: jesusmushroom5.jpg (55 KB, 423x480) Image search: [Google]
jesusmushroom5.jpg
55 KB, 423x480
>>
>>55300255
i would tip my hat to you while smirking
>>
>>55301020
Also notice the followers are staring at the mushroom.
>>
File: jesusmushroom6.jpg (94 KB, 435x471) Image search: [Google]
jesusmushroom6.jpg
94 KB, 435x471
>>
File: jesusmushroom3.jpg (195 KB, 449x377) Image search: [Google]
jesusmushroom3.jpg
195 KB, 449x377
>>
>>55301020
He probably ate carrots in a nice salad and hung out with his cousin John.
>>
>>55301020
Also known as the Mario Mushroom
>>
y'all niggers think y'all smarter than jesus or someshit

fuck y'all
>>
>>55301130
it's his robe/legs

dont be retarded
>>
>>55301180
The mushroom is disguised in artwork to pass on the tradition and ensure Jews didn't end the cult.
>>
>>55301119
Damn that's an ugly picture!
>>
>>55301020
Those are clearly not mushrooms, they are typical Byzantine highly stylized clothing folds at a point where there are different colors and layers of clothing.
>>
>>55300991
this sounds so unamerican i dont even know
>>
>>55301208

And this? >>55301097
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Here's a good short documentary on the this theory, featuring two Dutch reporters interviewing Dead Sea Scrolls archaeologist John Allegro who wrote the book Sacred Mushroom and the Cross:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOu9tV6uy2E

I urge everyone who is reading this to give it a watch and come to your own conclusions on if it's crazy talk or if there's some truth inside it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOu9tV6uy2E
>>
>>55301274
>I urge everyone who is reading this to give it a watch and come to your own conclusions on if it's crazy talk or if there's some truth inside it.

sounds like a cult
>>
>>55301208
you know nothing about symbolism and hidden pictures dont you?
>>
File: terence_piv[1].jpg (16 KB, 288x174) Image search: [Google]
terence_piv[1].jpg
16 KB, 288x174
Dialogue with a Psilocybin Mushroom Experience (Terence Mckenna)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVfkwxy6aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVfkwxy6aw
>>
>>55301200
>>
>>55300255
I would still don't care.
The world is better off with it.

Even Dawkins knows Christianity > Islam.
>>
Kill yourself Joe Rogan.
>>
File: riddle.jpg (71 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
riddle.jpg
71 KB, 679x960
>>55301294

And Christianity doesn't?
>>
File: 1444789713097s[1].jpg (10 KB, 250x154) Image search: [Google]
1444789713097s[1].jpg
10 KB, 250x154
>Underpinning The Sacred Mushroom is the idea that fertility was of fundamental importance to primitive religion, as it is to life. Allegro set out this concept in a preliminary plan of the book, sent to the publishers Hodder and Stoughton Ltd., on October 23, 1968:

>The most important thing in life was life itself, and life is rain. The reasoning is simple. Rain begets vegetation on the earth as spermatozoa beget offspring in the womb. God, the Creator, the source of rain, must therefore be the sperm of creation and the heavenly penis from which it spills. The storm is the orgasm of God. The drops of rain are the ‘words’ of God. Earth is the womb of creation.

>In The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, he ‘set out to trace the expression of this simple philosophy through the sacred literature of the ancient world’.

>The clues lay in the development and spread of written language. They criss-cross different cultures and lead into many-layered webs of association. They led Allegro to believe that a fertility cult based on using the sacred mushroom, Amanita muscaria, as a gateway to divine understanding, was at the root of many religions, including early Christianity. The mushroom was seen as a symbol of God on earth. But because mushroom lore was secret, he reasoned that it had to be written down in the form of codes hidden in folk tales. “This is the basic origin of the stories of the New Testament. They were a literary device to spread the rites of mushroom worship to the faithful…The stories of the Gospels and Acts were a deliberate hoax. Through studying Sumerian cuneiform texts which go back to 3500 B.C., we can trace the proper names and words used in the Bible back to their original meanings.”
>>
File: abrahamschizo.jpg (28 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
abrahamschizo.jpg
28 KB, 340x340
>>55301313

I'm not sure I'd go that far. Abrahamic religion is the contagious madness of a sick old man. But I can live with Christianity, while I cannot live with Islam.
>>
>FOR primitive man living in the sun-parched, often desert lands of the Near and Middle East, life was almost entirely dependent upon rain.

>It came from the sky to make things grown, and in his simplicity he came to believe that somewhere up above him was a mighty phallus in the sky, and that rain was his semen that came down to fertilise the womb we call earth.

>From this innocent reasoning all the religions of that area were born—the ancient cults of the Greeks and Persians, Judaism, Christianity, even Muhammadanism. All had their origins in this basic idea of a heavenly phallus.

>Once man had worked out his theory about the divine rain, he thought he could help to stimulate rain in much the same way as he did orgasms on earth; by singing, dancing, orgiastic displays and, above all, by performing the sex act—particularly in the fields, where the sacred semen was most needed.

>It was then a natural step to want to share the secrets of how to control the power and knowledge of the heavenly phallus.

>But how?

>Over the centuries there were those who experimented with herbs and drugs and, as I shall show, came upon one drug that really seemed to transport them out of this world into heaven.

>But this knowledge was not to be shared indiscriminately. If god was jealous of his powers, so were those to whom he gave this glimpse of divinity. Paradise was for the favoured few.

>And so there arose the priesthood with its secret preparations and ceremonies that had to be observed before the chosen ones could take the drug—rituals that gave them great
>>
>>55301394
>powers over the rest of the community.

>Rarely, and then only for urgent practical purposes, were those secrets ever committed to writing.

>Normally they would be passed between the priest and the initiate by word of mouth: dependent for their accurate transmission on the trained memories of men dedicated to the learning and recitation of these “scriptures.”

>But if, for some dramatic reason – persecution, or the disruption caused by war—it became necessary to write down the precious names of the drug, the manner of its use, and the secret incantations, it was written in a secret form. A code—hidden in a story containing puns or some other word play.

>I believe that this is the basic truth about the stories in the New Testament.

>The key which unlocked the secret is philology – the study of words and language. Recent discoveries about the origins of the language of the Old and New Testaments—Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek—have revealed to me that from very early times the original meanings of the words and stories were lost or misunderstood.

>Christ, for instance, far from being a real person, is now shown to be merely another name for the drug plant.

>One of the occasions when the secrets of the drug cult had to be written down was after the Jewish revolt of 66AD.

>Swayed by the narcotic-induced madness to believe God had called them to master the world in his name, the cult’s members provoked the mighty power of Rome to swift and terrible action.

>Jerusalem was ravaged, her temple destroyed. Judaism was disrupted and her people driven to seek refuge with communities already established around the Mediterranean coastlands.

>The mystery cults found themselves without their central fount of authority, with many of their priests killed in the abortive rebellion or driven into the desert.
>>
>>55301407
>The secrets, if they were not to be lost for ever, had to be committed to writing—and yet if found, the documents must give nothing away or betray those who still dared defy the Roman authorities and continue their religious practices.

>The means of conveying the information were at hand, and had been for thousands of years. From the earliest times the folk-tales of the ancients had contained myths based upon the personification of plants and trees.

>They were invested with human faculties and qualities and their names and physical characteristics were applied to the heroes and heroines of the stories.

>Some of these were just tales spun for entertainment, others were political parables like Jotham’s fable about the trees in the Old Testament, while others were means of remember and transmitting therapeutic folklore.

>The names of the plants were spun out to make the basis of the stories, whereby the creatures of fantasy were indemnified dressed, and made to enact their parts.

>Here, then, was the literary device to spread occult knowledge to the faithful…
>>
>>55301418
>To tell the story of a rabbi called Jesus, and invest him with the power and names of the magic drug. To have him live before the terrible events that had disrupted their lives, to preach a love between men, extending even to the hated Romans.

>Thus, should the talk fall into Roman hands, even their mortal enemies might be deceived and not probe further into the activities of the mystery cults within their territories.

>The ruse failed. Christians, hated and despised, where hauled forth and slain in their thousands. The cult well nigh perished. What eventually took its place was a travesty of the real thing, a mockery of the drug’s power to raise men to heaven and give them the longed-for glimpse of God.

>The story of the rabbi crucified at the instigation of the Jews was accepted as fact—as an historical peg upon which the new cult’s authority was founded.

>What began as a hoax became a trap even to those who believed themselves to be the spiritual heirs of the mystery religion and took to themselves the name “Christian.”
>>
>>55301321

So Jesus was a drug addict?
>>
>>55301426
http://www.johnallegro.org/popular-press/popular-press-by-john-allegro/sacred-mushroom-and-the-cross-sunday-mirror-1970/
>>
File: image004[1].jpg (102 KB, 532x836) Image search: [Google]
image004[1].jpg
102 KB, 532x836
>>
>>55300255
What if I told you that historical revisionism is just as retarded as religion?
>>
When you think about mushrooms and fungi, they are a pretty foreign and crazy organism to exist.

They are literally everywhere, and you ingest millions on a daily basis. They are the product of a great rainfall, and cause you to hallucinate and can even kill you.
>>
File: image017[1].jpg (11 KB, 213x264) Image search: [Google]
image017[1].jpg
11 KB, 213x264
AS WE now know from our studies of ancient Sumerian writings dating back to 3,500 BC, God was originally thought of as a giant phallus in the sky.

His fertile seed—rain—fell to the womb called earth, causing it to “give birth” to crops and vegetation.

And we also know that this let to a special priesthood – men who could act as intermediaries with the heavenly phallus.

They achieved this by the use of the “Holy Plant”—a plant whose juices were a powerful hallucinatory drug that could indeed seem to transport its users to another world.

This plant was the mushroom known as Amanita muscaria.

And from my researches as a philologist—a student of languages and words—I know now that when the time came for the secrets of the mushroom cult to be written down to preserve them intact in a hostile world, it was done in a kind of code.

Within the story of a rabbi called Jesus were woven names and incantations used in the gathering and consuming of the sacred fungus.

The Church made the basis of its theology a legend revolving round a man Jesus, crucified and resurrected, who never, in fact, existed.

In the sense that the story of Jesus and his friends was intended to deceive enemies of the sect, Jews and Romans, it was a Hoax—the greatest in history.

Unfortunately it misfired. The Jews and Romans were not taken in; but the immediate successors of these first “Christians” (users of the “Christus,” the sacred mushroom) were.

It was a concentration of the powerful juice of the “Holy Plant” that the Magi—the magicians or Wise men (the great pedlars of the ancient world) – believed would give anyone anointed with it amazing power. They could “obtain every wish, banish fevers and cure alldiseases without exception.”

So the Christian, the “smeared or anointed one,” received “knowledge of all things” by his “anointing from the Holy One” (I John 2.20).

Thereafter he had need of no other teacher and remained for ever-
>>
>>55301554
Fucking hippies and their fascination with fucking mushrooms. It's a stupid fungus bro. Move on.
>>
File: image019[1].jpg (87 KB, 616x709) Image search: [Google]
image019[1].jpg
87 KB, 616x709
>>55301605
More endowed with all knowledge.

Whatever the full ingredients of the Christian unction may have been, they would certainly have included the aromatic gums and spices of the traditional Israelite anointing oil: myrrh, aromatic cane, cinnamon and cassia.

That these ingredients formed only part of the sacred formula is well known. Josephus, the Jewish historian of Roman times, says there were thirteen elements, and the Talmud names eleven, plus salt, and a secret herb which was added to make the smoke rise in a vertical column before spreading outwards at the top.

With the characteristic shape of a mushroom in mind we can now hazard a fair guess at the secret ingredient.

Knowledge and healing were two aspects of the same life-force. To be rubbed with the Holy Plant was to receive divine knowledge. It also cured every sickness.

Josephus suggests that anyone of the Christian community who was sick should call the elders to anoint him with oil in the name of Jesus (the Epistle of James 5.14)—in other words with the juice of the sacred mushroom.

Use of the name “Jesus” as an invocation for healing was appropriate enough.
>>
File: image022[1].jpg (17 KB, 169x415) Image search: [Google]
image022[1].jpg
17 KB, 169x415
>>55301634
Its Hebrew origin which we know as “Joshua” comes from a Sumerian phrase meaning “semen which saves” or “restores.”

The fertility god of the Greeks, Dionysus (otherwise known as Bacchus, the good of the wild women known as Bacchantes), whose symbol was the erect penis, has virtually the same name as Joshua (or Jesus), as we can now recognise from their mutual Sumerian source.

Their orgiastic rites were derived from the same maddening drug of the Amanita Muscaria.

The Twelve Apostles are sent out among their fellow-men casting out demons and anointing the sick with oil (Mark 6.13). Healing by unction persisted in the Church until the 12th century, and the anointing of the dying—“extreme unction”—has persisted in the Roman Catholic Church.

The principle behind this practice remains the same: God’s “seed-of-life” imparts life to the ailing or the dead.

Things, as well as people, could be anointed so that they became “holy”—that is separated to the god’s service. The Semitic word for “holy” is fundamentally a fertility word.

The anointing into holiness of kings and priests is again largely imitative in character. The prime duty of the king was to ensure the fertility of the land and well-being of his subjects. Many of the Greek and Semitic words for “lord” and “lordship” convey this idea when seen in their Sumerian form.

The priest’s function was also to see that the god played his part in inseminating the land.
>>
DUDE JOE ROGAN
DUDE DRUGS LMAO
DUDE RELIGION SUCKS
>>
>>55301394
>>55301407
>>55301418
>>55301426
>>55301605
>>55301634

nice blog
>>
>>55301313
>I would still don't care
>still don't care
>still
fuck off back to primary school abbo.
>>
>>55301682
You're dumb
>>
What if this whole mushroom cult is actually part of the pervasive NWO/Illuminati type bullshit that people are all afraid of. Like, they're the remaining followers of the mushroom cult, and people that attach alien intervention to them are actually mislead into believing it's little gray aliens, when it's really the mushrooms, having come to Earth from outer space 6 gorillion years ago.

I mean, take the most illuminati type symbol you can think of, which is the eye in the pyramid. Well, if you think of that symbol in terms of this mushroom cult, the pyramid could be seen as a mushroom cap, and the eye is the spiritual awakening it brings to you, and all their occult/alien bullshit worship is just the preserved rites of one of the ancient mushroom cults doing whatever it is they do.
>>
>>55301130
Looks more like they're staring at the book. Those "mushrooms" are just folds in his clothes. Not a very solid argument, pretty interesting that they look like mushrooms though, but how the fuck do you interpret that so intensely? probably cuz ur on shrooms man.
>>
>>55301302
>ITS OK IF WOMEN IN INDIA ARE HAVING 1000 CHILDREN BECAUSE HURR AMERICAN KIDS USE 600-1000x AS MUCH RESOURCES / ENERGY
>AMERICAN WOMEN SHOULD ONLY GIVE BIRTH TO ONE CHILD
this faggot is proposing racial genocide and he doesn't even realize it (or maybe he does)
>in 150 years we could get the population below 1 billion
what he fails to realize or then again maybe he does is that those 1 billion people left will be fucking shitskins
>>
>>55301723

I'll take your word for it.
>>
Jews in israel always talk about taking mushrooms so OP's pic has a high probability of being accurate.

>but no goyim thats RIDICULOUS ancient people with no scientific knowledge about anything could have taken psychoactive substances that were readily available! oy vey you couldnt be anymore of a holocuast denier!
>>
John Allegro - Who Was Jesus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8PDt2IKS4k
>>
Scholars of Christian history have too readily utilized the mycologist Wasson to dismiss Allegro’s theory that there was no Jesus, that the first Christians used entheogens, and that the first Christians considered Jesus to be none other than visionary plants. Wasson’s dismissal of Allegro together with mushroom trees has thus proven to be important for the study of Christian origins, the ahistoricity of Jesus, and historical Judeo-Christian use of visionary plants.
This detailed treatment shows examples of pseudo-arguments in disputes about religious history, and demonstrates point-by-point critical reading of a set of arguments. Even if the reader considers the interpretation of Christian ‘mushroom trees’ in art to be trivially obvious and to need no intensive point-by-point argumentation, or is uninterested in the subject of mushrooms in religious history, there are nevertheless interesting patterns of argumentation exposed and explained here. Recognition of these argumentation patterns is useful in other potential disputes as well, including the historicity of Jesus and the authenticity of all the Pauline epistles.
Wasson’s positions are clarified on the emphatically distinct topics of whether there are psychoactive mushrooms in the Bible; whether the authors of the Genesis story of Eden meant the two trees as Amanita mushrooms and their host trees; whether the Christian artists who painted ‘mushroom trees’ meant them as mushrooms; and whether the painter of the tree in the Plaincourault fresco in particular meant it as Amanita mushrooms and their host tree.
These findings help set the record straight and critically integrate Allegro’s work into the corpus so research can move forward past the question of the tree of knowledge. This research brings together the study of visionary plants in religious history and research in the ahistoricity of Jesus – fields that support one another.

http://www.egodeath.com/WassonEdenTree.htm
>>
>>55301097
Yes, and there is a serpent climbing up the stalk of the mushroom. To the side, you have a picture of a man and a woman. Could that be Adam & Eve? Could the mushroom represent the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the one adam and eve were forbidden to eat?
>>
I dont find this thread to be bullshit at all. Heavy usage of psychedelic mushrooms, imo, is the basis of all religion.

Ive spent months to almost a year intermittently using heavy ammounts of psychedelics and It turned me into the reincarnation of Jesus...

Thats right, reincarnation. When I die maybe one of you will get to be jesus.
>>
>>55301020
Those aren't mushrooms and the apostles are bowing their heads in respect. Catholics do this at mass when the host is raised.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.