[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rock the vote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1565134318163.jpg (33 KB, 461x333) Image search: [Google]
1565134318163.jpg
33 KB, 461x333
Why hasn't the voting age in the U.S been raised?
18 year olds nowadays are just children in bigger packages. They don't have the mental capacity to form they're own opinion, let alone decide what laws and what person should govern our country.
We all saw the massive progressive turnout of the youth for Obama, now they're trying to Bern down the country in another way without fully understanding why they're even doing it.

New voting age should be at least 25.
Show me how wrong I am.
>>
At 18, politics effects you, why should they not vote?

Your talking about America, not very many of your citizen's don't have the mental capacity to do much more simple things
>>
Voting age should be 30 for land owners only and no women
>>55298140
Politics affects a 6 year old also; we don't let them vote.
>>
>>55298332
There should be no voting at all. it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>55298140
politics in the broad sense affects every person in the country. Your argument may be that at age 18 someone is considered an adult, but that doesn't necessarily mean they deserve the privilege to choose what direction they're country goes in.

Studies have shown, and it has been generally agreed upon in the medical field that the brain isn't fully developed until the age of 25. That includes the area of the brain that deals with a persons logic and reasoning.

So allowing every single person between the age of 18 and 25 is allowing a bunch of mentally underdeveloped children make decisions that affect the rest of the country.

And they're decisions are usually based on what their other mentally stunted friends are doing.
>>
>>55297902
Only those who have a real stake in society should vote, regardless of age. The business owners, the propertied, the professionals, those who served in the military, those with at least X hours of useful community service, or those with at least X years of tax contributions. The right is not hereditary.

Everyone else doesn't get to vote. They should have rights, they don't get to have a say on how society should be run.
>>
>>55297902
voting needs to be male landowners only
it is the only way to stop the train of gibs
>>
>>55298731
Interesting concept, it would definitely lead to a more informed vote I'm sure. It might be more successful in a smaller country though.

nearly 320 million people and a lot of them are in apartments or renters. Plenty of them fully capable and knowledgeable and should have a say in how the country turns out.

We still need to have the average intelligent persons voice represented, some cities are just too dense for that policy to apply to everyone and work successfully.
>>
>>55297902
>They don't have the mental capacity to form they're own opinion

>They're
>>
>>55299713
touche
>>
only people who support themselves should be allowed to vote
>>
>>55299824
What about people with handicaps that prevent them from making a sustainable wage?
>>
>55298963
I'd be fine with just people who pay net taxes, same effect but easier to swallow, not that it would ever pass given the swarms of gibsmedats
>>
>>55297902
You're going to love this: Washington DC is trying to lower their voting age to 16.
>>
>>55297902
25 nigger you are fucking high on motor oil.
>>
>>55300022
I think I recently read something on that. There is absolutely no way in fuck that will happen. Too obvious of a liberal overreach.

Any parent of a 16 year old knows they're hardly qualified to feed themselves let alone vote for the future of the country.
>>
>>55300112
both, you liberal pussy faggot.
>>
>>55299903
then they rely on moral fags like you
>>
>>55300334
merely playing devils advocate
>>
>>55297902
We should just adopt what Rhodesia did for their elections to make sure tribal niggers straight from the stone age can not vote.

The Democratic party would disappear overnight, they would all probably shoot themselves in unison
>>
>>55297902
If you are still in school you should not vote. That goes for all teachers also.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.