[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do millennials feel entitled to a job once they complete college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: ladies-photo-with-homeless-man.jpg (157 KB, 970x669) Image search: [Google]
ladies-photo-with-homeless-man.jpg
157 KB, 970x669
Why do millennials feel entitled to a job once they complete college?
>>
Because they were lied to.
>>
>>55295371
Because they worked hard to get a piece of paper that said they know shit?
>>
File: 1439952951661.jpg (10 KB, 370x229) Image search: [Google]
1439952951661.jpg
10 KB, 370x229
>>55295397
/Thread
>>
Their parents pushed into them that they’re useless if they can’t immediately get picked up with a starting salary of $90k.
>>
>>55295371
We are told that's how it works. If you do x than y WILL happen. If you don't go to college and get a job after, you will not be happy, etc...
>>
they feel entitled to free education so I guess that make sense
>>
Because society taught them that if they went to college, they would be able to get a good job.
>>
>>55295371
Because they were told that's what would happen. Now an entry level job requires three years experience or some shit and a masters degree. Every older generation does this "kids these days " bullshit. Learn to deal pal
>>
>>55295499
Adding that those same parents spoiled their kids and never made them have a side job throughout their lives cause they don't want it to be hard for them like it sometimes was for themselves.
>>
>>55295371

>Why does anyone feel entitled to a job after they complete education?

fify. Now your question sounds even more retarded.
>>
>>55295760

>my years of experience waiting tables during summer at a local restaurant will help me with my career
>>
>>55295913
>Become educated in a field with little demand
>Does not increase skill set to match demanded skills
The job market is tough for everybody. That said, it's harder for some than it is for others.
>>
>>55296022

>moving goalposts

your original statement was targeted at millenials expecting any sort of employment after finishing college.

Now it's all about expecting to be hired after finishing a useless degree? Ok
>>
>>55295499

I'd kill for a job with half that.
>>
>>55295371

because we were literally taught that college degree is equated with a good job

its literally drilled into your heads

college degree = good job

its not college degree GIVES YOU A GOOD CHANCE for good job, its college degree is EQUAL TO good job
>>
File: 3e8dd3b.jpg (44 KB, 929x563) Image search: [Google]
3e8dd3b.jpg
44 KB, 929x563
>>55295371
There was a thread last night where I explained the ease of which one could get an internship that would lead to fruitful employment.. In fact I told people that your degree was essentially worthless to employers. It represents a bottom of the barrel baseline knowledge. Your grades are equally unimportant.

The response I received

>LOL OMG UR LYING
>Internships are like getting jobs, they are SSOOO hard to find
>No one is hiring for internships. Omg fuck me. I should just accept my lot at Starbucks

I even had one ass-blasted Aussie faggot lamenting when I told him what my compensation was for my skillset. He went from saying I was making it up to saying I posted someone else's pay stub. That there's no conceivable way I could be making 80k + 15k in benefits out of college with only high level internships + a handful of school projects under my belt.

>tl;dr: The vast majority of millennials wasted their money on college because regardless of what they did in school, their actual potential is low due to incompetence and laziness.
>>
>>55295371
If I was that homeless guy, I'd tell those fuckin broads 2 go take their selfie somewheres else
>>
I have a job, it's not a great job, but pays enough for the bills. Apparently this still isn't enough to satisfy society though. Are we all just supposed to have six figure jobs or something?
>>
>>55296961
Pretty much, we can only achieve that after WW III wipes out 5.5 billion people.
>>
My family pushed me to either go to college or join the military. My brother joined the military and I wanted to be my own person so I took the other option and went to college. Years later, I have a Bachelor's degree and a low end job. Some jobs may put you in higher standing because of a degree, but most don't simply because so many people have gone to college and have degrees now. The market is over saturated.
>>
>>55295958
kek
>>
>>55296755
>Get lucky
>This is how it must be for everyone, they´re just lazy
Grow up and get some perspective, kiddo.
>>
>>55296877
If you were that homeless guy, you'd tell those fucking broads 2 "HEEEEEEYYYY GODDA DALLAHH NEEDA CAALLMA DAAAUGGHDANNAMA HUNGGRA FOH DA BUS"
>>
File: 1446416395893.jpg (284 KB, 641x1045) Image search: [Google]
1446416395893.jpg
284 KB, 641x1045
>>55297091
>get lucky
You lazy sacks of shit always chalk it up to luck huh?

It would be luck if I didn't have 5 companies falling over themselves giving me insane offers.
All of these internships follow the same formula:

>Do you meet the minimum expectations of the internship? (aka, have you competently absorbed some material from school)
>Do you get along with others well and show a good work ethic?
>Are we hiring? No? Use us as references!
>Apply to other companies with said references.
>Everyone has heard of the guys you worked with. HERE HAVE SOME FUCKING MONEY!
>Are we hiring? Yes? HERE HAVE SOME FUCKING MONEY!

This shit could not be easier. It's not fucking rocket science if you actually spend your time at an internship doing work and showing initiative. The reason I saw plenty of fellow students and alumni have issues with getting work is because they SHUNNED away from hard work and they SHUNNED away from jumping on tasks. They were always the first with an excuse for why things weren't done on time, and they were always the last to jump on a task. If that's your attitude you will NOT get any interest.

I told my younger friend the exact shit I did, and he was starting his first internship with Zillow. I told him they're going to set the bar low, be eager to work, and jump on anything that seems like it could use your touch. That dumb mother fucker is raking 110k.

This is real simple shit. Make yourself worthwhile, and you get paid.
>>
>>55295371
>Why do millennials feel entitled

Because their boomer parents raised them as the "participation trophy" generation.

Millenials expect an award for waking up and taking a shower.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.