[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All of these anti-tobacco commercials with their hip vine celebrities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
All of these anti-tobacco commercials with their hip vine celebrities holding those cigarettes while the music blasts in the background.. I've never wanted a cigarette so badly.

>I have a theory
Big tobacco can't legally advertise on tv anymore so they fund this reverse psychology campaign. How can a non profit afford these celebrities endorsers and fill so much airtime with these commercials on tv. This is a very calculated strategy by big tobacco to stay relevant and in the face of a youth that has already moved on to weed. Another ad just came on as i am typing this.

>bravo big tobacco
>>
No comments?
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 617x932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 617x932
>>
File: kwl5rwn52by8.jpg (51 KB, 317x466) Image search: [Google]
kwl5rwn52by8.jpg
51 KB, 317x466
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 800x600
>>
You could be right, but that's something that's completely beyond what marketers can do alone.

I believe it would need to take certain symbols in the commercial to trick your brain into thinking you need a cigarette, even when the commercial says its bad for you.
>>
>>55294776
Don't know, I only do caffeine and sugar.
>>
>>55294776
I find it funny that the same people that oppose big tobacco support legalization of weed and tout it as a harmless drug no worse than alcohol.

Once marijuana is legal, which companies do you think will have the means to capitalize on the opportunity? Big tobacco will of course. They already have the manufacturing capasity and distribution channels in place to start making and marketing pack of joints. All they would really have to do is replace tobacco with weed and viola huge profits.

Anyways. Im in the process of loading up my portfolio with big tobacco companies so when weed becomes legal 10-15 years from now I'll make loads of money off of the liberal degenerate stoners.
>>
>>55294776
I think there was a study on Phillip Morris's anti smoking advertisements in the 90s which all had subliminal messages in them
>>
It just blows my mind that tobacco is still legal while marijuana is illegal. Cigarettes are more harmful for your health, and yet they're still legal because banning them would shut down a lot of businesses, which is not a justification. You know society is fucked when money is more important than the well-being and health of the public.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>>55295641

Selling sex symbols to homosexuals and young Tweeny girls, throw in a little money and a hip urban beat on top of the equation. Vah-la
>>
File: 1446313790109.png (26 KB, 724x552) Image search: [Google]
1446313790109.png
26 KB, 724x552
>>55294776
The commercials are annoying, especially the music. They're also those kinds of commercials that play louder than others.

>BWAMP BWAMP BWAMP BWWWAAAAAAAMP BWBWBWBWBWBWWAAAAAMP

Lose my shit every time.
>>
>>55294776
>reverse psychology campaign

truth is funded by tobacco. The U.S. government requires companies to pay for it.

>land of the free
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.