[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/POL/ BOOK CLUB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Pol book club.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Pol book club.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>What is this shit?
This is a response to the abhorrent decline of quality memes and political discussion on this magnificent board.
We will rendezvous once a week, or some shit like that
>What will we read?
All up to the thread, we can discuss good reads for the next meeting.
>Such as?
Various social, political, economic-oriented texts, ideally shorter essays.

I really don’t expect much organization, really all I ask is that we decide on some cool, short literature to read for the week and then talk about it and exchange dank pepes.
>>
THIS WEEK:

A mexican shared a link to the Unabomber's manifesto, called "Industrial society and its future".
LINK:
https://archive.org/stream/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-theUnabombersManifesto_djvu.txt
>>
>>55286212
Yeah I'll give this a read.
>>
Did we try to have a weekly book club thread like months ago?

We should keep this shit up
>>
It's total /pol/ material. Here are some questions I've got from the first couple of pages:

Kaczinsi thinks that liberals are not as ‘rebellious’ as we would think they are, and that they are actually very conformist and oversocialized. In order to oppose and defeat leftism, should we approach them as defiant rebels, or as people that can’t think individually enough?

Kazcinski notes in a footnote that “during the victorian period many oversocialized people suffered from serious psychological problems as a result of repressing or trying to repress their sexual feelings…” he also mentions that freud based his theories on these people.
So is our perceived hypersexuality just a reflection of the world around us?

According to the essay, liberals take a well-known moral principle (such as human equality, and accuse mainstream society that it isn’t living up those principles as much as it should. He argues this is simply a means for liberals to vent their hostilities and satisfy their hiveminds.
If this is true, is there really a quantifiable goal for them?
>>
File: polreading.jpg (1009 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
polreading.jpg
1009 KB, 3000x2000
>>55286112 Torrent of that pic
https://thepiratebay.la/search/pol%20reading/0/99/0
>>
>>55286342
>>55286391
Thanks bros. I'm sure the smarties of /pol/ will come around again and like to see something other than nigger dick threads.
>>55286557
Beautiful, isn't it? We gotta read these.
>>
File: 1416216125099.jpg (149 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
1416216125099.jpg
149 KB, 736x981
>>55286619
Fucking niggers amirite desu
>>
>>55286723
Speaking of niggers, Teddy boy says this about blacks:
Lcftisls may claim lhat their activism is motivated by compassion or by moral principle, and
moral principle does play a role for the Icftisl of the ovcrsocialized type. But compassion and
moral principle cannot be the main motives for leftist activism. Hostility is loo promincul a
component of leftist behavior; so is the drive for power. Moreover, much leftist bchnvior is
not rationally calculated lo be of benefit lo the people whom the leftists claim to be trying lo
help. For example, tT one believes lhat affirmative action is good Tor black people, does it
make sense lo demand affirmative action in hostile or dogmatic terms? Obviously il would be
more productive to lake n diplomatic and conciliatory approach llml would make al Icasl
verbal and symbolic concessions to while people who think thai affirmative action discrimi-
nates against llicm, But lefiisi activists do nol lake such an approach because il would not
satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race prob-
lems serve as an excuse for ihem to express Iheir own hostility and frustrated need for power.
In doing so they actually harm black people, because the activists' hostile attitude toward the
while majority tends lo intensify race hatred. ""
Poignant or exaggeration?
>>
>>55286894
Makes sense in a way
>>
File: Nazi_swastika_clean.svg.png (18 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Nazi_swastika_clean.svg.png
18 KB, 1024x1024
bump?
>>
>>55287987
Your favorite book
>>
>>55288041
Fictional, it's Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Political, my favourite essay is "The Fate of Empires" and novel is Atlas Shrugged
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.