[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Japanese internment necessary?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8
Did it contribute to the outcome of WW2?
Would the US do the same thing again if happening happens?
>>
>>55283169
No
FDR was a criminal yet liberals still love him
This is also the reason you never give up your guns
>>
>Japanese internment is fine
>Jew internment is bad

how come?
>>
The US had 12 terrorist attacks by "naturalized" Japanese immigrants.

Damn right it was necessary.
>>
>>55283169
tell me korea, were 2 enough for them?
>>
>>55283169
No. You can stop masturbating to the thought now Worst Korea.
>>
During Hurricane Katrina, a lot of folks were rounded up into the stadium there. A little bit different, but similar logistically.

A wile back the homeless were declared illegal in some place in California so they were rounded up and put in camps for their own good. Again different but similar logistics.

The US has the biggest prison industry in the world. Different but similar logistics.

Refugees are being given tent camps in Europe. Again different but similar logistics.

So I guess if the need came up then the US wouldn't be the only ones who could just up and decide to start interning people en masse.
>>
People *say* they wouldn't again, but you can know unless you were in a similar situation.

In Canada, the Japanese got compensation - which is only fair, but I still can't say it was wrong.
>>
File: 1446349115310.gif (981 KB, 1064x589) Image search: [Google]
1446349115310.gif
981 KB, 1064x589
>>
>>55283169
Yes it was necessary and pretty funny. Not as funny as Hiroshima and Nagasaki though.
>>
Nope. Neither was the bullshit that my country pulled.

Both of our nations proved that we do not believe in the principles that we were founded upon.

As soon as I learned about interment camps in school, back in grade 3 in the 70's, I've known that western society is nothing more then a commercial.

And unfortunately nothing has ever happened to change my mind on that.

I do believe in the mercy of men, but I do not believe in the USA or Canada. They are lies.
>>
>>55283411
Well it is true, Japanese warcrimes are exaggerated. Not to the level the jews do it but the chinese want their gimi dats for the War.
>>
My jap family was rich as fuck before they were interned and the government took everything. Their little compensation was a fucking shit to what they took from them
>>
>>55283411
Good goy, keep on spreading non-existent Japanese threat and ignoring Chinese military expansionism.
>>
>>55283169
Ok, let's say something like this happens, and we-

oh wait, 9/11 happened, and we basically went to war.
>inb4 it was da jooz, just shut up for a minute

Of course us putting them in camps back then was wrong, but america was kinda weird back then and we didn't have the civil and social advances like we do today to say it was such a bad thing to do.

Hell if it wasn't at the time, then i'm sure americas population wouldve been all about saying no to it, right?

>was it a contribute to WW2 ending?
Probably not, but spies were found

>would the US do the same thing again if happening happens?
The 9/11 happening happened and we didn't do it to all muslims then (even though it'd be cool to) and it certainly wouldn't happen now unless the PC liberals best friend the muslims/jews/refugees attacked them.
>>
File: anime control.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
anime control.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>55283169
>Japan preemptively attacks the US without declaring war
>Japanese pilot crashes on Hawaii
>Japanese-Americans living on Hawaii who should be loyal to the United States help him take hostages
>Japanese-Americans betray their country in favor of ethnic ties
>as a direct result of this incident Japanese-Americans get interned in camps during the war so they can't act as spies or saboteurs or otherwise aid the enemy

>hurr guys the Americans were meanies they put the Japanese in camps because they were racist bigots!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident
>>
>>55283169
>Kamloops Kid
Damn right it was necessary. I think that nip left and was in charge of a POW camp torturing survivors of the Hong Kong siege.
>>
>>55284167
That doesnt mean FDR had legal authority to intern them
>>
>>55283169
No, no, no.

Still was a smart thing to do, good for the perception of safety among citizens.
>>
>>55283169
No we shouldn't have and I think the majority of Americans would agree that it was wrong.

I think a lot of it has to do with retrospect though. Asian Americans are pretty well like by white Americans and people feel bad that we were dicks to one of our only good minority groups.

If we had done it to like Arabs or some shit I don't think anyone would bat an eye.
>>
>>55283275
>Jew internment
I think that maybe, just maybe, what happened to the Jews was different than the Japs
>>
>>55284224
Did Emperor Hirohito have legal authority to launch a sneak attack on an American dockyard without declaring war?
Did the Imperial Japanese Army have the legal authority to murder 300,000 civilians in Nanking in an orgy of rape and torture?
While you bitch about the Americans interning Japanese people the IJA was torturing Allied POWs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#Human_experimentation_and_biological_warfare
>To determine the treatment of frostbite, prisoners were taken outside in freezing weather and left with exposed arms, periodically drenched with water until frozen solid. The arm was later amputated; the doctor would repeat the process on the victim's upper arm to the shoulder. After both arms were gone, the doctors moved on to the legs until only a head and torso remained. The victim was then used for plague and pathogens experiments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#Torture_of_prisoners_of_war

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#Execution_and_killing_of_captured_Allied_airmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#Cannibalism
> At this place, the Japanese again started selecting prisoners to eat. Those selected were taken to a hut where their flesh was cut from their bodies while they were alive and they were thrown into a ditch where they later died."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#Comfort_women

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#Perfidy
>I was on my first patrol here, and we were moving up a dry stream bed. We saw 3 Japs come down the river bed out of the jungle. The one in front was carrying a white flag. We thought they were surrendering. When they got up to us they dropped the white flag and then all 3 threw hand grenades. We killed 2 of these Japs, but 1 got away. Apparently they do not mind a sacrifice in order to get information.

The Japs deserved far worse than nukes if you ask me.
>>
>>55284693
I sense strong presence of "Korean spirit"
>>
>>55284693
three nukes?
>>
>>55283169

i think everyone agrees that this was a huge fucking mistake.
>>
>>55283411

Was anyone denying that Imperial Japanese didn't do horrible shit?

How much of a threat were the actual Japanese Americans, though?
>>
>>55284693

>crimes committed by the wicked must be punished on the innocent

Wiping out cities of civilians from the face of the earth is justified, eh?
>>
>>55284929
>Wiping out cities
look at a map, those cities still exist
>>
>>55283275

The people that interned jews weren't allowed to tell their side of the story.
>>
>>55284779
For some reason only other Asian countries seem to remember this, we get alleged Nazi war crimes shoved down our throats 24/7 and the Germans are never allowed to forget it, and most of it is all hearsay and exaggerations like human skin lampshades and masturbation machines, and yet somehow the Japanese are allowed to continue to deny their well documented war crimes that were far worse than anything the Nazis did?

>>55284929
Absolutely.
Same reason Arab countries need to be glassed, because the population is complicit, they're not being held hostage.
Now, I don't believe living people should be held accountable for the crimes of the dead, but the Japanese government continues to deny many of it's documented crimes, while holocaust denial is illegal and punishable by prison in most EU countries.
>>
>>55284693
to be fair we pushed the japs to attack us with,and had somewhat of a prior warning of pearl harbor.
>>
>>55284969

sure did hit a lot of war targets and spare civilian structures

http://www.360cities.net/image/hiroshima-after-atomic-bomb-nuclear-3
>>
>>55285035
well they were, but only after having their testicles crushed to make sure they were all singing from the same hymn sheet
>>
>>55284969

>Get hit with nukes and razed to the ground with fire
>Examplars of modern cities decades later
>Get hit with Niggers and Leftists policies
>Total shit holes decades later

I will never understand. New York seems immune to whatever hit Detroit and other parts of the rust belt. Probably has to do with being a major trade center and not such a reliant on manufacturing.
>>
>>55285149
the car industry collapsed in detroit blame the japanese for that too
>>
>>55285098

Then France should be glassed as its an arab shithole too. France is guilty of white genocide by letting arabs run free and take your women.

You're at fault though for letting your government do it. You were complicit and not held hostage by your government.
>>
>>55284400
except japanese citizens who were just like "what the fuck??"
>>
>>55285341
Yeah yeah fuck off imbecile.
>>
>>55285149
NYC is one of the financial epicenters of the world. Possibly the biggest, baddest one, although I'm not convinced that The City of London Corporation isn't still at the top of the heap.
>>
>>55285405

Why didn't you stop it?
>>
>>55285405
dont worry gauttiere, we'll come save you again after your nieces and nephews start blowing you the fuck up
>>
>>55285365
This is not and should not be a consideration when you are at war.
>>
>>55285454
Comparing immigration and demographics (which by the way is only 7%, the US is 14% niggers) to an organized military and government with dozens of documented war crimes cannibalizing captured POWs and dumping fleas infected with bubonic plague from planes on civilians.

If you can't come up with an argument besides 4chan cμck memes in the context of a historical discussion then just leave.
>>
>>55283670
>Koreans refer to each other as goy

Haha fucking based.
>>
>>55284654
The ghettos were a similar situation. Forced relocation, military controlling premises.
>>
anyone who agree's with should eventually be rounded into an internment camp, and cannot feasibly argue with it without completely shattering any sense of morality or internal consistancy.

regardless they should also be beaten, dehumanized, and starved, and possibly killed.

those that agree with it just want to be the boot, they cannot ever conceive of being underneath it.
>>
>>55285325

My knowledge of the ins and outs of the economy of Detroit is spotty at best. Did they not have anything else there?

>>55285416

That's what occurred to me as I wrote that. New York Stock Exchange and all that.
>>
>>55285686
then prepare your asshole for the eventual camp you'll be put in.
>>
>>55285722
>implying actual Koreans post on this board
You poor naive thing
>>
File: Bipstedora.jpg (59 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
Bipstedora.jpg
59 KB, 496x501
>>55283525
>>
>>55285936
By whom exactly?
>>
>>55283582
> cutting peoples limbs off and attaching it elsewhere
> cutting open live people
> exaggerated
>>
IT HAPPENED TO GERMANS TOO BUT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT BECAUSE THEYRE WHITE
>>
>>55285944
>2015
>not having Korean proxy
>>
>>55285930
No, the main thing they had going for them was their car factorys. Extremely middle class city in its prime. I dont know exactly what happened, but i know the factories shut down and got outsourced to asia, probably japan.
Detroit literaly had nothing else to survive off of, it has been down hill ever since
>>
>>55283169
I guess if anything it saved the japs from the Americans
>>
>>55286121
does it matter? law of averages bitch.

eventually shit will get really fucking real, it doesn't matter how or why, and eventually camps will be used.

rounding up people and starving them to death when there is a problem is so ingrained in humans social psyche that it is inevitable.

you just want to be the BOOT and not UNDER it, but again, averages lend out that you will not.
>>
>>55286329
This might be true.
>>
>>55286278
the Unions got a bit out of control, but instead of fixing them they shut them down and made everything a "Right to Work" State, this translates into "We can fire you for anything and fuck Unions"

then it fell flat on its ass just like that.
>>
>>55285686
it absoulutely should be considered, especially since almost all of the japanese immigrants america had at the time were first generation. So who do you think they would help more, their home country? or some fucks that dont even speak the same language as you?
>>
>>55286447
im sure there was alot more to do with it too. i think chrysler was almost bankrupt at the time aswell, no?
>>
>>55286525
I totally agree with you, you are misunderstanding my point.
>>
>>55283648
>treated like shit and he living in there

for what?
come home.
>>
>>55283525
move to france bitch
>>
File: gay coward.jpg (201 KB, 1200x791) Image search: [Google]
gay coward.jpg
201 KB, 1200x791
>>55283169
Canada here weighing in on internment camps:

Absolute embarrassment to our culture of tolerance, multiculturalism (lol,) and horrible treatment of some of our A+ tier immigrants.

Now, put it into todays standards and how would you feel about Wahabbi islamic internment?

In conclusion I feel like it was a necessary measure AT THE TIME and although 99% of japanese were not axis corroborators, we had no other option besides honor system. Should the same issue arise today with a different ethnic group I too would support it, even though I know most people interred would be innocent and likely good citizens. It's a rough subject but at the end of the day as a CANADIAN you should look out for the future and longevity of this great nation, not allowing it to end up analogized as a husband of an adulteress.
>>
>>55283169
Better safe than sorry. It was a total war.
>>
>>55286691
ching chong ching?
go make some egg rolls dumb ass chinaman
>>
>>55286965
Were ANY Japanese living in the west collaborating with Imperial Japan? In the US all I know of is one German American who leaked Pearl Harbor ship movements to the Japanese.
>>
>>55283670
You think China will only bully Japan when the time comes, or lash out at everyone?
>>
>>55286390
You have put quite a lot of assumptions into this.
>>
>>55284693
Did the Japanese go crazy? Is this part of their culture? Am I missing something?
>>
>>55284693

Japan gave us waifus so their crimes are forgiven
>>
>>55283288
Source!
>>
>>55286965
America didn't bother to place Germans and Italians in internment camps during WW2, though.

German and Italian gangsters were also very active during WW2 and after WW2 so how come the immigrants that caused the most problems in American history weren't placed in internment camps?

Meanwhile, the Japanese in America who were already minorities among immigrants due to being so few in number and never caused trouble, were rounded up and placed in internment camps.
>>
>>55287108
It would poke its chink dick to any clay it wants especially the Best Korea.
>>
>>55283288
Japs were worse than Jews. Japan is literally Israel but worse but they don't get to be cunts as much as they used to because all the countries surrounding it want to nuke the degenerate cesspit
>>
>>55283582
>exaggerated

Go ask any veteran that fought the japs, they all fucking hate japs and will tell you that the japs are even worse than history says.
>>
>>55284167
Reminder that japs are worse than Jews. They behave like goody two shoes because China, the two Koreas and Russia wants them nuked out of existence.
>>
File: 1444716468183.jpg (1 MB, 2429x1346) Image search: [Google]
1444716468183.jpg
1 MB, 2429x1346
>>55283169
When we have prior experience with forced movement of people it makes Trump's idea of deporting the illegals more doable.
>>
>>55287797
Whoops, wrong version but I wouldn't mind deporting the SJWs either.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-09-04-30-46.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-09-04-30-46.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>55285128
That's a good fucking shed.
We need more WWII Japanese tier contractors.
>>
File: A-bomb.jpg (159 KB, 1140x729) Image search: [Google]
A-bomb.jpg
159 KB, 1140x729
>>55285688

Why are you associating crimes committed by others to non participants? You're acting as a feminist in the same order of condemning all whites for racism perpetrated by a select few. Only in this case you are using as reasoning for mass murder of civilians on an unimaginable scale instead of randoming whining.

I'm sure this woman and child deserved to be bombed because Takitani in the army decided to commit war crimes.
>>
>>55287475
Germans were well-established, and proved their trustworthiness in the first war. Italians probably paid their way out of it
>>
>>55288349
Japs are an insectoid hive nation
>>
>>55283968
Many muslims WERE rounded up after 9/11
>>
>>55288341
What i dont get is where is the debris? Incinerated?
>>
"Japanese-Americans" What the hell does this mean here? People apply this term to include Japanese nationals living in the US who were interned. It's bullshit. The majority of interned adults where Japanese, not US citizens. The majority of interned US citizens were their children who went with them.
>>
>>55289434
on a related note..

Do people think it's wrong to intern citizens of a nation your at war with? I don't really see the problem with it, especially for a "total war" like WWII
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.