[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you know that if we stopped eating processed meat (hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: Two_cows_grazing.jpg (94 KB, 639x396) Image search: [Google]
Two_cows_grazing.jpg
94 KB, 639x396
Did you know that if we stopped eating processed meat (hunting not included) we could feed everybody? I didn't. Your thoughts on this?

>Raising animals for human consumption accounts for approximately 40% of the total amount of agricultural output in industrialized countries. Grazing occupies 26% of the earth's ice-free terrestrial surface, and feed crop production uses about one third of all arable land.

That's not including the environmental impact of gas emissions in the atmosphere.
>>
PAY
>>
B-but muh proteins!
>>
>>55283087
we can also castrate ourselves, vote for bernie sanders, and bring as many darkies as possible into the country with as many benefits as possible
>>
>>55283087
We already can feed everyone.

The sustainability problem is that if you feed everyone, most of them breed a ton, and eventually there is a ceiling to that shit.
>>
you wouldn't even need to implant CIA agents to incite an uprising in this scenario
>>
>>55283087
I'd rather eat steak than feed a bunch of useless waste of resources.
>>
>>55283167
I think wild sheep don't matter. You'll be fine.
>>55283159
All that debt in the world man, and no one's getting richer.
>>
>we should give up meat so that people in africa can get 25 billion children per family
no
>>
Because people who work for a living and pay taxes like to spend money on special food?
>>
>>55283087
One more reason to eat more meat. Feeding everybody=encouraging subhumans to breed
>>
>>55283232
Can you elaborate? What you're saying might be true, but what's the ceiling? Who decides that? It's too Brave New World for me.
>>
>>55283087

Did you know that if the third world stopped breeding like rabbits we could feed everybody?

>Live in desert
>Enough food for man, wife, 2 children
>fuckit.gif
>Have 18 kids

And that's why there are people starving around the world today.

I have 0 sympathy.
>>
>>55283087
If I have to give up meat for altruistic reasons, you have to kill all people infected with HIV/AIDS
>>
Yeah and then they would breed even more and you wouldn't be able to feed them like you're not now and on top of that you would have to eat grass like a fucking rabbit.

Fuck niggers in Africa, they can all die out for all I care. This anon >>55283280 is right.
>>
>>55283339
I mean, okay, I also enjoy buying new stuff or whatever, but as a rational being I want to make optimal decisions.
>>55283447
Shouldn't we include all STDs in that least? Like Herpes?
>>
>>55283356
The ceiling is the point where there isn't enough food to go around.

The argument that we can make more food if we have a pure vegetarian diet is based on the underlying premise that we should increase our population capacity by producing more food for human consumption.

I disagree with this premise.

We can feed everyone now. There is no intrinsic value in having more humans. Thus, increasing the capacity for humans to encourage it is not justified as a stand alone premise.
>>
>>55283507
I was being generous.
>>
>>55283087
Grazing land is typically not flat enough for growing row crops, but you wouldn't know that because you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>55283087
... or the niggers could stop murdering the white farmers and stealing the trillions of dollars wasted in foreign aid and grow some damn food.
>>
>>55283521
>The ceiling is the point where there isn't enough food to go around.

That is highly relative. If someone started burning corn fields there will (artificially) be less food around, so we'd need less people etc. I think the point should be enough to feed everyone that exists right now. They will in turn start producing stuff to make up for that investment. Right now we're just wasting recourses in so many ways because of the profit-driven economy. No one even CARES what is produced as long as it sells well.
>>
File: 1414766582628.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1414766582628.gif
2 MB, 360x203
Make me you fucking turk rape baby faggot.
I will enjoy my burger over your rotting corpse.
>>
>>55283607
You missed the point. I'm not saying make the grazing land into grow fields. 40% of the agricultural output is fed to the animals in cages that are grown with hormones to become our beef. Organic is fine.
>>
>>55283087

We don't need to feed everybody, we need to have less fucking people. Africa, the poorest continent on Earth, is projected to reach 4 billion people by the end of the century. 4 billion niggers with their bestial instincts and inability to run an advanced society. By then we'll wish we didn't feed them through aid programmes.
>>
>>55283087

1/3 of the global population are already fat. The problem clearly is not producing enough calories on a global scale.

Also, domestic animals are carbon neutral. They are part of the big carbon cycle, being able only to release as much into the atmosphere (and soil) as they take up from plants, which is then reabsorbed by growing vegetation.

Please note that sustainable agriculture is not possible without animals, unless you want to resort to large-scale artificial fertilizing. Which is not ecological at all.
>>
>>55283159
na they pirates now
>>
>>55283232
This

We literally have so much food we turn it into fuel for our cars. I have heard that the state of Michigan alone produces enough food to feed the entire US and it is a state that sits in a snow frozen winter for months.

The problem isn't having enough food. It is getting the food to people who don't have it. Many political, social, religious and physical restraints prevent food from being supplied to those who need it.

Spoiled food isn't even a problem. We throw out so much unspoiled food it would cause 3rd world people's heads to explode if they knew.
>>
>>55283087
KEK
>>
>>55283087
Fed isnt the same as well fed.
>>
Everyone knows this. Unless they are retarded.

What'd you think cow shit was made of? Negative energy?

Unless you forcefully feed people, there will still be starving individuals. It's impossible to prevent people from going hungry. They do it every 6 hours. Some people are unable to think 5 minutes ahead.

Feeding the hungry is like balancing marbles on top of each other. Sure you might do it every so often, but...blah blah.
>>
>>55283087
You are an idiot. The problem isn't producing the food, the problem is transporting it from where it's grown to where people are.
>>
File: implying.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>55283087

>Implying land that can support cattle grazing on wild grass can support crops
>Grass can grow here, but it's too cold for wheat
>Grass can grow here, but the soil is too nutrient poor to support lettuce
>Grass can grow here, but the area is too arid for corn
>Grass can grow here, but it's too rocky for potatoes
>Grass can grow wild here, but crops will require an irrigation system, tilling, plowing, weeding, harvesters, etc.
>Grass can grow here because grass grows literally fucking everywhere, including Antarctica, but crops suitable to human consumption cannot
>Implying the majority of grains grown are suitable for human consumption, as opposed to use as animal feed
>Implying a vegan diet is even remotely healthy
>Implying vegans don't cause their children to die from malnutrition due to their 'healthy' vegan diet
>Implying more wild animals aren't killed by harvesters and combines than the entire meat industry
>Implying irrigating half the planet for crops isn't going to affect the water supply and environment
>Implying the additional fertilizers, pesticides, exhaust from tractors and other machines, etc. needed to turn wilderness into farmland isn't going to impact the environment
>Implying clear-cutting all plant and animal life from a region so you can grow crops there is preferable to leaving the area in its natural state and allowing cattle to graze there like the buffalo did before people killed them all
>Implying you're not a fucking idiot who doesn't understand how the real world works
>>
>>55283087
Farming relies on fossil fuels, and also destroys ecosystems. Please also don't forget that a lot of the anti-meat environmental rhetoric relies on feeding cows wheat/ corn, which they are not "designed" to eat.

The reality is animals are meant to be a part of an ecosystem. A monoculture (eg, wheat in a field, which can "feed the world") is not sustainable, nor does it actually allow any animals to live.

>>55283356
The ceiling is what an ecosystem can naturally support. People talk about "meat is so bad for the environment" but if we keep replacing ecosystems with monocultures.. what environment are we actually saving here?

>>55283831
"Feed people". Giving people calories to sustain their life is not feeding them. Humans have higher dietary requirements than just macronutrients.
>>
>>55284333
>>55284354
Let's go again: I'm not suggesting we stop organic farming. I'm suggesting we stop piling animals in cages and force feed them tons of corn and hormones so that we can have 'more' meat. I know its complicated but that is the main point here.
>>
>>55284185
>thinks people live on Mars
>>
Maybe I should have phrased this thread "if we it less chinese-tier meat" instead of stop eating meat altogether.
>>
>>55284506
Veal is probably as efficient. They don't waste all those precious calories wandering around like morons looking for the hole in the fence.
>>
>>55284506
But given that humans are, effectively, carnivores, whats our other option?
Population control? AHAHAH anon, you kill me.
>>
We can feed everyone right now, actually; the food is just mismanaged by people who oversee it.
>>
>>55284631
Eat the people that you cull!
>>
>>55283087
We can feed everybody now. Today millions of pounds of perfectly good food is just thrown out because there's no good way to get it to everyone.
>>
>>55284687
>>55284724
The free market will surely fix it. Okay, in all seriousness, the free market or any market doesn't even want to fix this. Not because they're evil or something; ots outside of their scope. Not a problem as long as sales go well.

CAPTCHA: grass
>>
>>55284724
But the problem is, if a person is not able to get food on their own, (I mean in general, of course), and we give it to them - they're going to use that resource to breed and have another hungry mouth to feed. Eventually were going to run out of resources.

So the real question is, whats an acceptable number of people to starve to death, anon?
>>
>>55284933
Dude, the people that 'we feed' will eventually build their own stuff to to take care of their children. That's like, the point of doing it. I don't dream of having an army of sorta slaves to feed. Just give everyone a jumpstart.
>>
>>55283087

We have enough food. We just can't effectively distribute it because people in poor countries steal it, or burn it, or let it rot in warehouses, or generally fuck up efforts to help them.
>>
>Feed everyone in africa
>Niggers produce 10 nigglets per family
>Next generation, back to mass starvation
>>
>>55285000
The people 'we feed' live in the middle of the fucking jungle or desert where there's not enough arable land to support the population.
>>
We could effectively use the energy it takes to produce Twix bars or other cancerous candy to build infrastructure in the third world. To do that, we need some peace at home first though. And that means a change in politics and the way of life.
>>
>>55283087
did you know if people who couldn't afford to feed their kids just didn't have kids, we could feed everybody? if you cant feed 'em don't breed 'em. no that makes too much sense. some shithead shits out shit baby knowing the child will suffer, and possibly die a slow agonizing death. it irresponsible and disturbing someone could put their own offspring through that.
>>
>>55285551
I know I'd never do that, but that kinda keeps the species going. Free choice, irresponsibly every once in a while, or we'd never breed.
>>
>>55285000
How will they build it. Think about where your food comes from, and its also pretty rich coming from you Greece. A loan of money is no different to a jump start, and how did it work out for you people?
>>
>>55285385
It takes almost no energy to produce a twix. That's why they're so cheap.

>>55285668
>breeding kids that won't survive
>keeps the species going
Do you not see the contradiction right there?
>>
>>55285941
Yeah, we 're a good example of resources squandered. I don't even know anymore. I just don't wanna believe that people deserve their misery.
>>
>>55286409
I feel like if you grew up poor and suffering, and you chose to bring children into that, forcing them to suffer? You inherently deserve it.
>>
>>55286606
Good argument, but at the same time your kids don't. It's a vicious circle. So if you can help, just do help. Don't think about it.
>>
File: 1446599422717.gif (171 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
1446599422717.gif
171 KB, 600x331
>>55283087
Implying most grazing land is suitable for supporting crops.
Implying all cows, sheep, and other animals are raised only for slaughter.
Implying that 40% of earths population you want to help wouldn't kick your ass if you told them they could never eat meat again.
>>
>>55283087
did you know we can already feed everyone? did you know we waste 70% of the food we produce? did you know we taped into less than 3% of arable land?
>>
>>55283087
Lets cull the heards ... Freeze the meat. That would be fun.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.