[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to finish a bot that does currency speculation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled-1.jpg (260 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
260 KB, 1366x768
I'm about to finish a bot that does currency speculation on its own with crypto-currencies on a small exchange. I'll be upgrading it to buy and sell anything in the future so I was just wondering /pol/:

Is currency speculation a shit thing to do even if it makes you money?

Image is screenshot of code.
>>
>>55271003
I mean does it harm the country's currency you're doing it to?
>>
>>55271003
>java in 2015

Lol. Fag
>>
>>55271003
hummm...

what platform are you using to trade ?
>>
File: now-what.jpg (74 KB, 1024x706) Image search: [Google]
now-what.jpg
74 KB, 1024x706
>>55271358
Couldn't hear you over the effect of putting this on my raspberry pi and not needing to re code anything.
>>
>>55271479
Just c-cex, very easy API to use.
It has a small trading volume but it does what i need until the get the bot running full speed.
>>
>>55271003

Did you successfully backtest the method? Or are you coding a useles bot like the other thousands of bots that do alredy exist on the internet?

On a decadent society you either do something to actively fix it or just get money the easy way. I personally won't give a shit about "society" until we start engineering babies in order to make everyone smarter taking into account that welfare is not going to be removed in most of western countries.

tldr, I won't contribute towards a disgenic idiocracy
>>
>>55271358
What is best coding language for A.D. [CURRENT YEAR]?
>>
>>55271358
this
>>
You should make a thread on /g/ with the code, id be interested to see all of it.
>>
>>55271650
so i assume you're bot's logic (trading strategy) is based on volume, right ?
>>
File: 1444713409652.png (243 KB, 1304x1421) Image search: [Google]
1444713409652.png
243 KB, 1304x1421
>>55271003
>java
>expecting low latency
>expecting high performance
>current year
>not programming in the most popular language of 1973
>>
File: 1445561189189.jpg (156 KB, 798x804) Image search: [Google]
1445561189189.jpg
156 KB, 798x804
>>55271667
I did it several times with every new algorithm i made and it makes me a good profit. I had to remove that insane spike where bitcoin went up to 1k per unit to make things more realistic.

It could handle another one (Jackpot if it happened again) but I'm designing it for a less insane world.
>>
>>55271003
Make me one for the US stocks so I can retire
>>
>>55271955
I better with java than c++ right now, tell you what if the bot makes me good money I'll reprogram it with assembly language.
>>
>>55271003
How much money are you going in with? You need a lot of money to make anything off of currency speculation, although you maybe able to make a decent spread on slow exchanges.
>>
>>55271003
>Is currency speculation a shit thing to do even if it makes you money?

It's an incredibly shitty thing to do. You might as well rip your foreskin off and start wearing a yarmulke you fucking degenerate kike.
>>
>>55272048
Too many bubbles.
>>
>>55271003

Everyone I know who has gotten into currency trading has lost their ass. And I'm talking experienced people who successfully traded equities and commodities for years.

Might end up different with crypto-currency, but I doubt it.
>>
>>55272161
Would it help if I programmed in a "keep" value where it saves 10% of all the profit made in USD that the bot can never touch?

I r smurt?
>>
>>55271003
jewish guy from Pi?
>>
>>55272271
New move for me to watch.
Noice
>>
>>55271003
>empty constructor with no parameter
learn to code faggot
>>
>>55272265
wont work.
how much experience do you have trading currencies ?
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>55272476
Its....it's my last file to code.....well kinda
>>
>>55271003
been there, done that.
I did this back in early 2013 on MtGox. I made a few hundred k in profits with a small neural network. There was indeed a pattern. I found out afterwards that this pattern was in fact artificial, made by MtGox themselves. I started with 20 BTC, iirc. In total i made about 700k euro's, but i lost about 60k at the end. The biggest reason i had so much money still on there when it went down was because there was a fixed limit on how much you could cash out each day; so the money was adding up on my account. In hindsight, i should have moved BTC onto other trading platforms and simply sold it for cash on there...
I also bought 3.2 kilograms of gold. Mostly in little 10 gram bars.
Also, you are a massive faggot for using Java.
>>
>>55272629
Some, but not much. The bot has been making money so far i don't see why everyone's saying it won't work. They don't even know the logic it uses.

I'm joining a few groups in Dublin that do currency trading to learn more.

Any advice or books you suggest would be welcome.
>>
>>55272808
fyi, i paid taxes for this shit in Belgium... So keep in mind i could only keep about half of the money. I should have bought more gold and silver directly with bitcoin...
>>
>>55272808
>faggot for using java

It's easier to test out the basic logic. Jesus lads I'm only in my second year of college.
>neural network
Have to look into that, sounds a bit advanced but I've got the time.
>>
>>55272888
We've no regulations for Bitcoin in Ireland, bank said it's not touching it as well did our government.

Like i said, just starting my little journey into the area.
>>
>>55271721
>>55271358
Java is used on more devices than any other language.

The JVM is the foundation of countless languages and productivity programs.

It runs the same way on any machine, and has a vast library of functions preprogrammed in.

So why are you niggas hating on Java?
>>
File: 1311615490276.png (103 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1311615490276.png
103 KB, 400x400
>Thread.sleep
>using implementations as return instead of Interfaces
>using system.out instead of logger
>not using Collections.sort
>inline constants in comparisons
>using default package

this is why no one hires an Italian engineer
>>
>>55272476
a set method works too
>>
>>55273275
I'm just in my second year :(
You're all so mean.

But I'll look into what you've said so i can improve.
>>
>>55273408
Sorry, I was just memeing. Thank god we're not on /g/
>>
File: 1381964135604.png (139 KB, 294x256) Image search: [Google]
1381964135604.png
139 KB, 294x256
>Currency speculation with crypto-currencies

The software can't possibly take all the variables into account. Shit, the bitcoin doubled in price these last couple of weeks and still nobody knows why. Most likely a whale purchasing incredible amounts.

And when all it takes is one whale to either double the price or cut it in half if he chooses to sell, a bot isn't going to do much good.
>>
>>55272877
well anon, i'v been trading Forex for 7 years, and been lurking forums for about 10.
i know from experience that bots do not work.

however, you may have an edge on this small exchange (assuming they give you all the right data you need).
there participants are fewer participants and they're way less experienced than the guys you'd be playing against in Forex (big banks).

it really depends on the logic of your bot, an arbitrage or a volume based strategy could work
you could also try AI to find patterns, it could work on small markets
>>
>>55273455
Might post my code there just to see if they can give me advice while ripping the shit out of me.
>>
>>55273650
they will kick you out of there because you are using java
>>
>>55273074
well, the problem is that when you turn it into cash, it is considered an 'income'. Therefor, you actually HAVE to pay taxes, no matter what country you are from or what you have been trading.
>>55272989
neural networks are a lot of fun, actually. In essence they are very easy to program, too. Even with Java you can have lots of fun with it. My biggest neural network project was an insect-simulator. It's basically a world where creatures survive and evolve. I made predator loners and 'ant' like colonies.
>>55273138
It's unstable, insecure, very slow and it's a HUGE memory hog. The inefficiency of it makes it impossible to develop large software projects. As a developer you have very little power... You cannot hand-optimize ANYTHING. You have no low-level power, which makes the language rather useless in the real world.
>>55273408
Calm down. I'm glad to see you're passionate about your work. Keep it up!
>>
>>55273811
Thanks man, I just looked at neural networks and it's looks really fun, it will be my next project when I'm done this but I'll have to look into swapping over my side projects to C++ in the future, thanks for the advice.

You're most likely right about the tax thing, I've never paid anything other than what comes out of my payslip so I'll trust you.

>>55273709
No harm in asking, i hope. Just better check if i have a static IP address.
>>
>>55273811
>hand optimization

lol who the fuck cares grampa. i got 16 gigs of ram. why don't you go get new cock bottle glasses. fucking nerd. fucking grampa. go suck ritchie's cock. haha. who cares about speed anymore, i have 16 gigs of ram. real coders 4 life. suck my dick grampa. java 4 life.
>>
>>55272877
What groups are they? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>55274594
Well there's the bitcoin group on meetups that have tons of developers and from there they have there own little groups. There's also entrepreneur groups all around dublin. Just google to find out.
>>
>>55274735
Thanks, I'll take a look now.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.