[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marriage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1447008166196.jpg (110 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447008166196.jpg
110 KB, 500x375
Is marriage redpilled or a bad idea for the modern man?

What does /pol/ think about Marriage in the 21st century? Is it worth it, or best to be avoided?
>>
>>55269137
it need to be reformed so the vaginal jew doesn't screw you, but we cant really give it up
>>
>>55269182
This is your doing though senpai
>>
The number of happily married people I know far outnumbers the number of bad marriages or unmarried couples that I know. Considering the modern divorce rate I guess that probably says more about the people I know than that marriage is a good idea. But I think marriage is the way to go if you decide you want to spend your life with somebody.
>>
>>55269290
you mis understand.
the vagnal jew must fuck tyrone while you give her cash prizes.
we cant give up marriage because without you they will have to learn responsibility and will stop fucking jamal.
>>
>>55269430
Thank you Shlomo. You are a wise man.
>>
>>55269137
I went to a Catholic school from Preschool all the way up to senior year. Now while you can disagree with what the Church teaches (I admit that there's a lot that I don't agree with) 1 thing that always stood out for me was the definition of marriage.

Marriage, according to the Church, is supposed to be the ultimate bond you can make with another person. The only bond stinger than that is with God by going into the clergy as a priest or nun. Marriage was defined to us as the ultimate partner ship where you showed great love and care for the other person and you would never leave their side. Kind of life the highest form of friendship. From this incredible bond, no matter what you went through in life, you would always be there for each other. For better or worse. As a result of this mindset, you would be able to have kids and raise them a in healthy family. Nurturing them be be kind and caring people.

Now I don't know about you, /pol/, but that sounds like a nice definition of marriage.

Instead, we twist that definition into other, uglier meanings.

Marriage in NOT supposed to be: I think you're hot so let's get married

Marriage is NOT supposed to be: Well, I kinda like him and there is another guy I like a lot more, but I'll stay with him because he has a nice, stable job

Marriage is NOT supposed to be: Everything was great before the kid. Then she let herself go. It's not my fault she got fat and ugly. I had to find another way to get a hard on. So I had an affair

Marriage is NOT supposed to be: Hey baby, we can get a great deal on our taxes if we just put on the rings!

We have too many people marrying and having kids for all the wrong reasons. As a result of that, marriage has turned into a corrupt institution that is now based around money and status than it is actually liking the other person.
>>
>>55270420
I have a potential solution. How about everyone wishing to get married, they have to attend the same church as the priest that will wed them for a set amount of time before the priest will agree to marry them.
>>
>>55270523
I would agree with that. In fact, to get married in the Church a couple must seek guidance from a priest to get the okay. While they can still run off and get married in a court, if the priest doesn't approve of the marriage, it isn't seen as valid in the eyes of the Church.

Now while many people for good reason would be opposed to letting a priest dictate their marriage, at the very least, we could introduce some kind of couples counselor who who could guide, if not go against, people wanting to marry.
>>
>>55269137

Depends on the woman involved.

Historically, marriage was never really a legal thing. The bond itself has as much value as you put into it. If it's merely legal to you, then you're better off avoiding it, as the laws don't help you. If it has some special meaning to you, then go for it.

People were getting married long before the government got involved. Secular marriage has been a disgrace, but joining two people together in a sexual and domestic partnership still has value.
>>
>>55269137
If you find the right person I say yes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.