[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that some votes matter more than others.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11
File: Untitled.png (73 KB, 772x576) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
73 KB, 772x576
Reminder that some votes matter more than others.
>>
File: Presidential Voting Zones.png (1 MB, 2000x1268) Image search: [Google]
Presidential Voting Zones.png
1 MB, 2000x1268
>>55264147
>>
duh no one cares about the inbred third worlders that don't live in major metropolitan areas.
>>
You can carry just under 4/5ths the states and still lose.
>>
>>55264229
>tfw you realize a Democrat would never get elected if California or New York didn't exist
>>
>>55264147
At the rate Californians are leaving because of the drought and living expenses, California should be losing electoral votes.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 900x888) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 900x888
>>55264147
>I believe that empty land should have as much voting power as populous cities
>>
They should start dividing state electoral votes based on popular vote, so that if 40% of Missouri votes for democrats and 60% for republicans, 6 electoral votes would go to the republicans and 4 to the democrats.

That way candidates would care about the entire country, not just a few key states.
>>
>>55264424
>tfw you realize it's out of staters that come to California to live out their "Cali liberul hippie dreams" shit up the state and leave to other states once they made their fortune or realized they are to blame for the overwhelming liberal policies make everyone's life worse.

We need immigration reform here in California to keep the rest of the country out. It's all your fag sons and daughter moving here and shitting up this state for decades and then buying up homes in Washington Oregon Arizona and Texas. But somehow "Californians" get blamed. I can't even find people around here who have been here longer than 1 generation.
>>
>>55264575
The states borders were drawn this way. They should all be worth one electoral vote regardless of population.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 1024x768
>>55264754
>California has about 70 times as many people as Wyoming.
>they should be equal in government representation
>>
>>55264910
>>California has about 1000 times as many illegals as Wyoming.
>>they should be equal in government representation
>>
>>55264724
This makes my blood boil. Fucking out of state niggers. The rest of the country is a fucking cancer. They come to California for our superiority and shit up the state out of some misplaced fantasy and stereotypes of what living in California is like.
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY STATE YOU MIDWESTERN, NORTH EASTERN,EAST COAST FAGGOTS.
>>
>>55264754

you seriously can't be this fucking retarded. i'm going to feel so bad for you when the supreme court declares that the 2 senators per state rule unconstitutional.
>>
>>55264910
Yes, otherwise we should just become 11 super states. This is how the civil war began.
>>
>>55265036
>implying that people from Wyoming can be considered humans.
>>
>>55265052

So secede. I am sure every other state will unanimously vote to allow it.
>>
>>55264147
>>55264754
>>55265036
a-are you retarded?
>>55264666
satan trips seems reasonable
>>
>>55265187
We will and we will dump all your fag sons and daughters at your borders.
Without California Texas and Florida the rest of the country becomes literally a 3rd world nation. You're only dragging us down.
>>
>>55264724
Lmao nice try. California is responsible for 10% of the 17 trillion. That doesn't happen from immigration. If they made money in Cali, they got taxed in Cali. Sorry your state is a failure and a meme to the rest of the world.
>>
File: DEPORTED.jpg (282 KB, 1000x554) Image search: [Google]
DEPORTED.jpg
282 KB, 1000x554
>>55264424
>tfw California will be gone one day and democlucks will never be elected again
>>
File: 1435687426209.jpg (227 KB, 1032x1312) Image search: [Google]
1435687426209.jpg
227 KB, 1032x1312
>>55265168

More human than the trolls tunnelling across from Mexico.
>>
>>55264666

Some states already do. Each state can determine how they divide up their votes, whether they do it proportionately or in one full chunk to the winner.

It's hard to pass through, because a state that's 60% Democrat isn't particularly inclined to vote to give 40% of their electoral votes to a candidate they disagree with, so the majority votes against splitting the pot because it will only hurt their candidate.
>>
>>55264724

Lived in SoCal for 4 years. People that moved there were actually functioning members of society and held steady jobs.

People that were born there were all still living at home and living the DUDE WEEEEDDDD!!! lifestyle.

Every state in America hates when people from California move there to escape the cesspool.

California posts how much they hate people that move there.

The irony is delicious.
>>
>>55265493
The only people more trashy and tocic than Californians are from Florida. Seriously the worst elitist assholes. "IT'S COLD. IT'S BORING." Any woman who migrates away has a race mixed kid and is living off my state's assistance. Every girl Ive met from Cali or Flordia who moves to Flordia. The guys are just trash bar rats who are here to take advantage of our massive steel industry.
>>
>>55265302
One of the few states without a deficit. All while holding the most illegal immigrants. Nice try poorfag hick.

>>55265331
Yes they will because all the democrats here in California will be dropped off at your borders were they originally came from anyways.

>>55265493
This literally describes the children of out of staters. Sorry your anchor baby out of staters aren't Californian and neither are the out of state fags that spend years living here popping out kids because their state is a shithole with no opportunity except for coal mines.

>>55265700
>Cali
It's California you c.uckold faggot. And you're only proving the stereotype of how toxic you out of stater fags are.
>>
>>55265932

You live in California

You really think that all of the liberals are from another state?

I lived there. The reason people move to California is that the businesses they work for can't find anyone but DUDE WEEEEDDDD! locals so they have to move actual adults in from other states to work in their offices there.

Sorry bro, you may not be a DUDE WEED local, but it is a real issue and companies just ship in better caliber employees from other states.
>>
>>55264387
Not true
You can however carry just under 4/5ths of the popular vote and still loose
>>
>>55266308
>liberals
>dude weed
>bro
>I lived there
Spoken like a true out of state fag. You come here, shit up the place, lower wages with your immigrant labor, and leave so someone else can clean up your mess. Your experience here in California is only because of your predetermined ideas of what living in California is like. Weed isn't a meme here in California that's only what out of staters think because getting weed back in their state is the ultimate form of pre adulthood edginess when over here it's just weed. Out of staters are literally a cancer in California. I'm glad you moved out of here.
>>
>>55265359
In all fairness, that man looks like he would be a hard worker.
>>
>>55267037

That is literally the only positive thing anyone ever says about Illegals.
>>
>>55266308
Not all liberals come from out of state. We of course have our own home grown liberals but if we removed all 1st generation out of state anchor babies here in California and removed all out of staters the amount of liberals left would be about 1/4 of what they are right now. We have so many because literally all fucking liberals come from the rest of the country to California to live out their hippie dreams and get away from their conservative families and small towns. Only to move back years later or go shit up another based state like Texas or Washington after selling their overpriced house in California.
>>
>>55264229
Damn the Southern Texas part is always fucking funny to me
>>
>>55264229
>blue creeping from the south like a cancer
Gee I wonder what that could be

Could this possibly be advantageous to a certain party?
>>
>>55264910
>tyranny of the majority
If you haven't noticed, democracy is a cancer anyway
>>
>>55264575
you shouldn't be eligible to vote just because you exist.
>>
>>55266842

I was transferred there because they could not find a competent Californian.

I moved there, was promoted to Sales Manager. I was able to hire one person who was born there but all of the other positions were filled by transfers from other states.

I left because I got another promotion and moved to Texas.

Not sure what you are ranting about. Every party/get together I went to was the same. Most of the out of staters talked about business and other topics and the locals talked about weed, working out, weed, where they were going on their next vacation.

I put in my first post that this was SoCal and it is the reality of SoCal. I also did some business in Sacramento. The locals there were better but still not as good as transfers from other states.

The work ethic and effort by local Californians is just not up to the level of other states. More advantageous to move people who are hard working and competent from another state than to lower the standards for locals.

Sorry if this offends you and causes another illogical rant, but it is a pretty common occurrence.

California is Liberal, you put your finger in your ears and make funny noises to try to ignore it, but the reality is that it is liberal.

If you are not Liberal, then good for you, but that doesn't change the majority view of the state.
>>
>>55265091
>the constitution will be declared unconstitutional
Wew lad
>>
>>55267853
>live in a state of 38 million for 4 years
>now listen as I tell you about how I came and saved your poor state because I'm better than everyone living there
What an amazing post friend.
>>
>>55267541

I've seen this happen. It's not a bad retirement strategy. Move to California, buy a million dollar home, pay it off before retirement. Sell it and then move to a lower cost of living area with some decent funds for retirement.

What you describe of the Liberal migration has been going on since the 60s. So there are several generations of Liberals that are now locals.

I'm not sure what you mean by anchor baby, I'm talking about actual Americans from other states not Mexicans.

Most of the people I met who had a family history of living in California were Liberal but they were from either San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, or the San Fran area. I lived in Hunting Beach and Newport Beach areas but went to several parties all around the LA area.

Just like anywhere, usually the more rural areas have more conservatives, but the population numbers of the larger cities and their liberal bias are hard to overcome.
>>
>>55267619

I think the blue Canadian thumb print up North is interesting. We probably should just give you that area.
>>
>>55264724
>>55265493
>>55265932
>>55266308
>>55266842
>>55267853
>Not even Californians like Californians
Glad I left, now I just tell people I was born in Texas.
>>
>>55265932
>One of the few states without a deficit. All while holding the most illegal immigrants. Nice try poorfag hick.
People do not understand California receives more in federal taxes because they have such a large population. The state also pays more in federal taxes.
State still sucks though but not because of "mah sucking up welfare dollars"
>>
>>55268087

I was replying to some semi coherent rant from a Californian implying that all out of staters just come shit on his state and leave it in heap.

I just explained the reality of the situation that happens many times in California.

I'm glad I could inform you, I hope you learned something.
>>
>>55268358
And make it even harder for a conservative leader to win? Eeeeeeeehh no thanks.
>>
>>55265036
>implying illegals are counted in the census to determine electoral votes
>implying illegals get to vote at all

They literally have no effect on the political system.
>>
>>55264147
CA should actually have 60+ votes if the system was fair. Unfortunately, even the states no one lives in get a minimum of 3 votes so they get preferential treatment. Wyoming would get 0.7 votes if this shit was fair.
>>
>>55268853
>>implying illegals are counted in the census

They are actually. Electoral vote is based on total population. Not total citizens.
>>
File: eyerolldog.png (299 KB, 447x323) Image search: [Google]
eyerolldog.png
299 KB, 447x323
>>55264147
Those 11 states had, in 2013, a population of 170.9 million, of the US total population was 316.5. That means they represented 54% of the population.

More to the point, if we take the top population state, California, and divide that population (38.3 million) by its electoral votes (55) we get one electoral vote per 696,000 people. Wyoming, on the other hand, with a population of 583,000 gets three electoral votes... making one vote for every 194,000 people.

In a presidential election, individual Wyoming votes are about 3.6 times as powerful as individual California votes.

Also, keep in mind that in the Senate those 11 high population states represent only 22% of the votes.
>>
>>55264147
On what planet is PA voting red?

Source: Harrisburg native for 30 years.
>>
>>55267853
>move to California
>move to Texas
>doing literal immigrant work that native Californians don't want to do
You are literally the cancer that I been describing. Moving state to state and shitting up everywhere you go. Any respectable Californian is working in a tech field. Not sales manager lol. Literally immigrant job and you wonder why they had to look out of state to find someone stupid enough to work that job. You're a shit quality person doing immigrant jobs that should have been outsourced to Indian by now and you make shit quality out of state anchor baby friends.

>>55268292
Out of state anchor babies. Aka the children of out of state faggots Mexican or American. California has always been laid back not liberal. There is a difference.

>>55268382
>Out of state faggot that lived in California for 4 years
That's not a Californian you faggot. And stay out of my state and don't touch your kids when they're little so they don't run away to California.

>>55268502
It's gotten worse over the years. My city of Santa Barbara has remained glorious though.

>>55268552
All out of staters do come shit up this state. Even our own super liberals are literally better than yours.
>>
>>55269211
>More to the point, if we take the top population state, California, and divide that population (38.3 million) by its electoral votes (55) we get one electoral vote per 696,000 people.

Now subtract the Illegals.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 211x239
>>55267829
>le edgy teenager
>>
>>55268771

It was worth a try.
>>
>>55268853
They are and infact a case will be heard by the SCOTUS soon on changing that.
>>
>>55269211

Rural votes should be worth more.

As civilization develops you can stack shit higher. This invariably leads to a group of disconnected costly dwellers calling the shots.

This wouldn't be a problem if the city dwellers made stuff that was important. What eventually happens is they continue to make things difficult for the rural folks, who happen to be in charge of making food.

It has already happened worldwide. Taxes increase and services centralize where the population is. It is more important for cities to have extra post offices and government medical facilities than for some rural areas to even have one.
>>
>>55269574
>democracy isn't failing
The very most responsibility people should be able to have is electing somebody to government that serves an immediate area

If anything people should never have gotten the ability to change the the senate into another HoR. And even then, voting for the president directly is one if the worst possible mistakes this country had made.

Democracy is a terrible idea and it needs to either be balanced or thrown into the trash
>>
>>55268853

Illegals are counted in the census. They count all people as beat they can.
>>
>>55264147
>User Generated Map
Wtf are you trying to pull?
>>
File: redbluestates.jpg (681 KB, 929x598) Image search: [Google]
redbluestates.jpg
681 KB, 929x598
>>55264229
Population weighted
>>
>>55267037
Bullshit. In my many years of soul-breaking blue collar work, even the "hardest working" Mexican is cutting corners, taking breaks when nobody is looking, and avoiding harder jobs so someone else will take care of it.

Just because a shitskin has plaster all over his hands doesn't mean he works hard. My appraisal of them is that they're immoral, selfish people that do everything in their power to cheat their way thru life, be it stealing, doing subpar work, or not showing up at work because of Mexican Walk-out Day which became a weekly goddamn occurrence like 8 years ago. Even the fucking Mexican STUDENTS in high school walked out during walk-out day, as if they had to make a point about how America's education system totally needs them.
>>
File: 1445803580521.gif (75 KB, 886x643) Image search: [Google]
1445803580521.gif
75 KB, 886x643
What do you guys think about just doing a direct vote instead of dealing with the electoral college?

What are the main advantages of the system we have now?
>>
>>55269348
I was born in Newport Beach, California. Lived there for my entire childhood until I was 19. Sue me fag, your out of state meme won't work here but claim it all you want. Shit state.
>>
>>55270579
No you're just an anchor baby. Raised by out of state parents. You're no different than the economic immigrants from Mexico.
>>
File: SUCH a nerd XD.png (306 KB, 572x391) Image search: [Google]
SUCH a nerd XD.png
306 KB, 572x391
>>55269972
>cities don't make things that are important
>they make things difficult for the rural folks

I didn't know that subsidizing the ENTIRE rural way of life counts as "making things difficult"
>>
>>55270889
>Mother born and raised in California
>Father lived in California for 15 years before I came along
>Trying to prove myself to some upset calinigger on the internet
Who ARE the true Californians, then? Clearly not you or I, chad.
>>
>>55268853
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/10/illegal-immigrants-could-elect-hillary-clinton-213216
>>
>>55271104
Californians prior to the 60s. So literally not you and you're out of state immigrant father leaving his homeland for better opportunities. Youre not even from Huntington. Your just some upset fag from the Midwest or east coast making up lies on the internet.
>>
>>55264147
sauce nigger
>>
>>55271311
>Prior to the 60's
Shit, I wasn't aware that my grandpa posted here.
It was Newport Beach not Huntington but close enough, I guess. Keep moving that date around to whatever personally suits you, gramps.
>>
>>55270551
"Numbers are hard and counting is too much work." - ballot runners
>>
>>55264147
reminder that pennsylvania hasn't gone red in 20 years
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.