[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kojima was right Is it the greatest fallback of the digital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: wqOPQGx.jpg (90 KB, 680x756) Image search: [Google]
wqOPQGx.jpg
90 KB, 680x756
>Kojima was right

Is it the greatest fallback of the digital age that we live in a world without context, or at least universal context?

As an educator, i'm worried that the internet gives a podium to the partisan voices of the world, and that our children soon won't receive education, but specific training in a specific context.
>>
Now watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd.
>>
>>55260547

why?
>>
>>55260620
How to start WWIII with memes; The animation.
>>
>>55260721

sounds interesting. I'll do that. Thanks
>>
>>55260355
> Won't receive education
> Only specific training in a specific context.

It's fundamentally the same thing. You are worried as an "educator" that you no longer control the narrative.
>>
>>55260829
who needs a narator when they'll make up their own stories.
>>
>>55260829

>You are worried as an "educator" that you no longer control the narrative.

I've never controlled the narrative. There was never one to control. Just facts. Now there's a narrative, the world is pulling away from facts and obscuring them in favour of a narrative of their choosing.
>>
but for hundreds of years the majority of the population only got training in a very specific context, namely learning a trade from their fathers. modern "well rounded" education is a new thing and honestly it's done more bad than good for most of the population (with the exception of the philosopher types, who were rare and could study the classics at private schools). Most people are better off learning a specific trade and modern education ruined that
>>
>>55260355
>Kojima was right

He simply put in a videogame a marxist theory from the 70's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Castells
>>
File: certainty.png (55 KB, 740x312) Image search: [Google]
certainty.png
55 KB, 740x312
>>55260985
A collection of facts in a sequence from a specific perspective while omitting or marginalizing other facts or perspectives is a narrative.

Facts are not Truth. Truth may be unknowable. There has only ever been various narratives in human experience.
>>
>MGS V: The Phantom Pain
>MGS V: TPP
>TPP

wew lad
>>
>>55261427
holy fuck
>>
Kojima is still a hack writer
>>
>>55261292
>a collection of facts
>in a specific perspective

please stop the tiresome pseudo-philosophy. Facts are facts, no perspective there. Knowing them all, you reach the truth.

>Truth may be unknowable.

Typical cultural marxist "there's no such thing as anything" bullshit.
>>
>>55261292
Posting XKCD automatically renders your opinion invalid.
>>
File: aaakgbwarning.jpg (62 KB, 380x537) Image search: [Google]
aaakgbwarning.jpg
62 KB, 380x537
>>55260355
All of that shit was going on before kojima became.old enough to write this stuff but meh.

He was just smart enough to see it and point it out in his art
>>
>>55262904
> Facts are facts, no perspective there
I doubt you teach facts.

> Knowing them all, you reach the truth.
Then Truth is most certainly unknowable.

> Typical cultural marxist "there's no such thing as anything" bullshit.

Things that you do not like are not automatically cultural marxism.
>>
>>55260547
first season kinda describes Anonymous and how there is no original, just like in season 2, with the individual 11
>>
>>55265067

>I doubt you teach facts.

Based on what?

>Then Truth is most certainly unknowable.

so, knowing the facts of an historical even doesn't mean you know the truth of it, because..

Well, because cultural marxism, and critical theory, I suppose you will say. Because you're taught to believe you can never know the truth, so must satisfy yourself with endless reductio questioning.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.