[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Myanmar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Bagan.jpg (4 MB, 4320x2137) Image search: [Google]
Bagan.jpg
4 MB, 4320x2137
>http://news.yahoo.com/voting-gets-underway-myanmars-first-free-election-25-003301554.html#
>http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/asia-pacific/aung-sang-suu-kyi-s-party-to-top-poll-in-historic-election-1.2421638
>http://www.dw.com/en/historic-elections-in-myanmar/a-18835387?maca=en-rss-en-all-1573-rdf

So Myanmar (Burma) just held its first real election since the end of WWII and independence from British colonial rule, the military junta ended about five years ago, and for the first time new leadership may take hold

its not without controversy as the muslim Rohingya have been effectively been made stateless, had their citizenship revoked, forbidden to vote and forced from their homes and moved into internment camps sparking fears of a new wave of boat people

the military also controls a de-facto 25% of the new parliament by constitutional order

in spite of all this a good deal of people are exited for the change

what are your thoughts on all this?
>>
>>55260228
BASED BURMA TOOK NOTES ON HITLER!
THIS PROVES HE DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KG2kdcmZG0

documentary on the persecutions of the Rohingya in Myanmar
>>
File: buddha-hates-kebab.jpg (58 KB, 579x457) Image search: [Google]
buddha-hates-kebab.jpg
58 KB, 579x457
>>55260228
I see nothing wrong in them removing Kebab. Muslims even pissing off buddhists amazes me.
>>
If someone pissed off buddhists enough to start retaliating, that someone fully deserves it, apparently not letting heathen faith murder you and take over you country is now terrible.
>>
>what are your thoughts on all this?
elections are a placebo created by the ruling elites to give the masses an illusion of control over their destinies. doesn't matter if we're talking about Myanmar or the UK
>>
>>55260572
I think a big part of the problem is that the islamic population of Myanmar is viewed as aremnant of british imperial days, when native burmese were excluded from government or merchant positions while hindus or muslims were brought in by the british to form a control caste above them

most fled during the japanese invasion and what remanded was a shadow of the old imperial structure, since then the rohingya have slowly been pushed out until tempers flared in 2010-2012 when the rape and murder of a buddhist girl enraged the general populace, in that time the rohingya have been labeled illegal immigrants from Bangladesh and efforts have been made to expel them
>>
>>55260572
>>55260692

>Muslims even pissing off buddhists amazes me.

seriously, this.

wherever they go, they must cause discontent
>>
>>55260228
Burmese shitposters on /pol/ /int/ when?
>>
>>55260228
In principle, I'm supposed to be against anti-muslim actions, but I might visit Myanmar.

It feels so good to finally see people do something against this shit, even if it's something I don't agree with.
>>
>being such assholes that buddhists want to kill you
>>
>>55260228
>sparking fears of new boat people

My God, they can't just do us one favor and remove kebab so they don't come to Europe and make it more of a shithole
>>
>>55262503
more likely they will try for Australia or Indonesia, a good portion have already tried for Bangladesh, but the government has blocked them
>>
>Buddhists remove kebab

I see nothing wrong here
>>
>>55260228
pic looks like monuments to POO
>>
Myanmar was once the heart of asias rice bowl

with it coming out of seclusion it could easily become an important agricultural center of production like it was before the war

not to mention all the other economic boons brought by technology and modernization
>>
>>55260452
Read into the history a bit more. During WW2, the British armed the Rohingya (Burmese muslims) with weapons to defend themselves from Japanese attacks. The Rohingya instead raided and attacked the neighboring Rakhine (Buddhist) villages almost immediately.

Western media loves the dindu narrative and will push it onto anything they can.
>>
>>55265415
dindu nuthin
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.