[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cry and cry and cry because video games don't have enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
File: Screenshot_2015-11-08-11-29-49_1.jpg (210 KB, 1028x1602) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-08-11-29-49_1.jpg
210 KB, 1028x1602
>Cry and cry and cry because video games don't have enough female characters
>videogame adds female characters
>"WHY ARE MEN TRYING TO MAKE WOMEN FEMINISTS!?"

Why do people take feminists seriously? Why do they have so much influence? Why can't feminists see how hypocritical and stupid they are? WHY?
>>
>>55257920
Because they still get shekels out of shilling for Social Justice. We need to encourage for goys to give sheekls for the political incorrect merchant.
>>
>"WHY ARE MEN TRYING TO MAKE WOMEN FEMINISTS!?"
VIOLENT, God dammit I meant violent not feminists
>>
Ghosts was the first CoD to have female soldiers tho

fucking "journalists"
>>
Let's just forget the fact that most soldiers are male.
>>
File: 878904-gerstmann_gamespot.jpg (26 KB, 463x294) Image search: [Google]
878904-gerstmann_gamespot.jpg
26 KB, 463x294
daily reminder that if GG was about gaming journalism, it would've started the day he was fired. It's never been about that on either side.
>>
Is there something wrong with me?

Everytime I see an ad for a game with a girl character (even if it's not a main character) I immediately hate the game and never want to play it. It's happening more and more now, every game has a fucking girl in it and It's a big turn off for me.

Am I a bad person?
>>
>>55257920
also, fuck Milo, he's an unfunny shit, kinda like Bill Hicks, only somehow more retarded.
>>
>>55258054
Think of the women!
>>
>>55257920
>Why do they have so much influence?

They really don't
>>
>>55258177
Just you wait. Anita has been visiting multiple game studios recently
>>
>>55257920
>first female soldiers
Someone never played Call of Duty 2. I noticed the female soldier when you played as the Soviet guy right away.
>>
>>55258044
It's all ridiculous because games like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 had female models from the beginning.
>>
>>55258334
Feminism is all about constantly erasing and revising the past to make yourself look better. This is why feminists portray women as being chained to their beds and constantly raped and beaten in all societies until the noble suffragettes liberated them. History doesn't support your cause? Change it.
>>
>>55258099
Reminder that gaming media never tried to defend his firing, infact they joined in on lambasting it.
>>
File: 1444532287194.jpg (368 KB, 691x3167) Image search: [Google]
1444532287194.jpg
368 KB, 691x3167
Reminds me of this
>>
>>55257920
When will it end...
(5:am and ready to shitpost)
>>
File: wadhwa.jpg (3 KB, 106x160) Image search: [Google]
wadhwa.jpg
3 KB, 106x160
>>55257920
anyone remember Vivek Wadhwa?

He was a super feminist who wrote books about diversity and went on speaking tours at various SJW conferences. He got TOO popular and was making too much money from his activities (even though he was donating his profits to SJW causes), so feminists got together to attack and smear him.
http://time.com/3475737/when-men-are-the-loudest-feminists/

Feminists picked fights with him on twitter, and when he said he'd prefer hashing things out in person rather than yelling across the internet, they accused him of being a perv.

They LITERALLY said that inviting a woman to meet and talk offline was just like putting your hand on her thigh.
http://www.onthemedia.org/story/46-episode-45-redux/

The media, being SJWs, made that accusation a headline for weeks, and he finally had his reputation destroyed, and he said he was going to quit feminist activism.
http://www.indiawest.com/news/global_indian/vivek-wadhwa-backs-off-activist-role-for-women-s-empowerment/article_2f6b232c-d3f7-11e4-9f84-731769d3b180.html

That's what will happen to all useful idiots.
>>
>>55258803
preemptive poo in loo
>>
Since when is COD controversial? The only controversial thing about it is the quality of the game.
>>
>>55258803
Damn
>>
>>55257920
Didn't COD have female soldiers before? I don't play them but I remember articles about how they took out the ability to teabag the female soldiers.
>>
>>55258869
MW2's airport mission was pretty controversial.
>>
>>55257920
Companies read loud twitter bellyachers and assume that the loud people represent a significant chunk of their potential sales. And maybe the companies want to be seen as "doing the right thing" by being inclusive towards females.

>>55258803
The social justice whiners cannot be satisfied. They eat their own when they're hungry.
>>
>>55258177
>Australia bans GTAV for violence against women
>AC: Syndicate opens up explaining how it was made by people with multiple sexual orientations and gender identities like people give a shit
>Syndicate also has a transgender character and Karl Marx is a good guy that you fight for
Mate quit saying feminists/SJW don't have influence. Hell they are in governments, just look at Sweden and Germany and that faggot who just got elected in Canada. You can lie to yourself all you want but this SJW ideology is becoming the norm in media and governments in western societies.
>>
The most dangerous thing about this is that the left (in this case, feminism) is double pronged.

You either agree with the article and say that's disgusting, better jump on the feminism boat.

Or you disagree and say video games need more females, and jump on the feminism boat.
>>
>>55258713
lel
>>
>>55258099
It kida was. They basically married the backlash to social justice/feminism trying to "correct" video games in recent times to grumbling over the general incompetence and corruption of gamez lernalizm that has been going on for years.
>>
>>55259263
It's really not that complicated, let devs do what they want, then let the masses speak with their wallets.
>>
>>55258134
You're gay
>>
didn't this fucking violence in games shit get put to rest like a decade ago?
>>
>>55258008
Easy mistake to make.
The two things are kinda similar.
>>
>>55259797
nope
>>
File: Based Gaston.jpg (50 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Based Gaston.jpg
50 KB, 500x281
>>55257920
>no girl chcaracter in games
>OMG CHAUVANISTIC MALE PREVILEGE MUCH !? MAKE A FUCKING WOMAN IN THE GAME
>makes girls characters
>THESE VIDEOGAMES ENCOURAGE GIRLS TO BE MORE VIOLENT

Feminism isn't a womans rights cause, it's a pretext for women as an individual to complain about men because they don't get any attention from them.
Not even they feminsts agree between themselves, it's pathetic and cringy.

Has it ever crossed feminists minds that them world does not revolve around them ?
>>
>>55259946
It did, but feminism decided it was a useful accusation to make so they brought it back up, and you know feminism and evidence.
>>
>>55257920

That's nothing to do with "SJWs" the pic is obviously from a UK tabloid, almost certainly right-wing. They article isn't concerned with political-correctness but with the belief violent games turn players into psychos.
>>
Why did anyone ever take these people seriously?
>>
>>55259007
That, and when the Cuban government got all butthurt over the part in Black Ops where you assassinate Fidel Castro.
>>
>>55258334
>It's all ridiculous because games like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 had female models from the beginning.
Shhh, that's from before they started pretending they gave a shit.
>>
>>55259946
>This coming from an Australian
You of all people should know it is alive and well.
>>
Feminists are stupid and hypocritical, I mean surely if their main goal is to achieve equality why create an exclusive group for the rights of women. Women only, that is. Surely this clearly defeats the purpose of equality.
>>
>>55258099
people have been against shit gaming journalism for decades. ironically it was the major backlash in this case that created a strong united front
>>
>>55258134
If it seems forced I care. Feminists hate women more than anyone, because women aren't allowed to be authentic people in their eyes. Since they arent allowed to be authentic people they end up being shallow caricatures. When you see the Steam tag 'female protagonist' it makes me skeptical about the games quality. Is it good because of the game play and story, or because vaginas.

I know a lot of people on here argue about how games are useless, but you cannot ignore that its were the world is headed. If you do nothing but game and cannot hold a conversation outside of it you may need to do something drastic in your life, but I digress. People are trying to introduce gaming into several aspects of our lives. I believe they are even trying to introduce it in schools as a primary teaching tool. Studies have shown what gamifying things can do to people. So gaming is, and is getting more, important and relevant in ways that we may not quite fully realize yet.

After having said that people need to realize that there's more to gaming than Call of Duty. Especially in regards to children and their capacity to to learn and develop critical thinking sills. Gaming wouldn't necessarily enforce 'banking' so much, which is the forceful memorization of information, but teach people how to function within a system (what are the rules, what applications can be used to win, what are the winning terms). Gaming is engaging and responds to your decisions in a way a textbook can't. You can study a textbook and have any interpretation you want, whereas a game would react and punish you for the 'wrong' choice. Teachers can also do this, however you cannot control the opinions, curriculum and methods of a teacher. So one teacher can undo the work of another, whether for good or bad. With a controlled element throughout education you can remove this variable.
>>
>>55264292

Since gaming has the capability to shape the way we learn, and what we learn, if its implemented in education it would arguably be stronger than conventional teaching methods. So to ignore its importance could be intellectual suicide.
>>
>>55257920
Actually listening to anything any women has to say.

This is how I know youre still a child.
>>
File: jwbtfo.jpg (343 KB, 1280x771) Image search: [Google]
jwbtfo.jpg
343 KB, 1280x771
>>55259205
>The social justice whiners cannot be satisfied. They eat their own when they're hungry.

You know I always wonder what would happen if they actually did get their own way and could change whatever they want. Considering all they know how to do is complain and cry, what would they have to complain and cry about if everything was the way they wanted? Would they just splinter into smaller and smaller factions before dying off/killing each other?

>tfw no island to put them on to put this into practice
>tfw if it works there's no more SJWs
>tfw if it doesn't it makes no difference because they're on an island miles away
>>
>>55258449
Theres some shit going around about a Gamergte movie thats Quinn centric. Pretty sure that its their last ditch effort to be right through popular opinion. people who have been uninformed will be biased by this movie.
>>
>>55258713
desu Combat that is very deadly 2 was the best of the series.
>>
>>55264821
desu
>>
File: 1446857301458.jpg (72 KB, 600x608) Image search: [Google]
1446857301458.jpg
72 KB, 600x608
>>55259208
>>55264292
>>55264417
Basically this. People who are uneducated about Karl Marx will now have a bias for him regardless of anything they may learn about him afterwards. This kind of shit is so fucking good a biasing people its scary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
>>
Who cares. Video games are degenerate to begin with.
>>
>>55265102
Just because you ignore does not mean that it suddenly disappears.
>>
>>55258134
I went out a couple of weeks ago, end up bored in the car listening to the radio. I never listen to it so I don't know any stations but, I came across a local one that was having a phone in about women in videogames and 2 callers argued over your question,

>"I don't mind them as long as it's in keeping with the story line and they haven't just been put there to please people-"
>"ERM CAN I JUST SAY THAT I AM AN AVID GAMER AND I'M MUCH MORE INCLINED TO PURCHASE GAMES THAT TREAT WOMEN AS EQUALS GAMES LIKE GTA SHOULD HAVE FEMALE PROTAGONISTS I BET THAT OTHER CALL WOULD HATE THAT! WELL GUESS WHAT IF YOU DON'T LIKE WOMEN IN VIDEOGAMES YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO STOP GAMING BECAUSE THEY AREN'T GOING AWAY!"
>"I didn't say I didn't like women in videogames. In fact the best game I've played in years has you playing as a female and it didn't bother me at all because it was entertaining and interesting game"
>Other caller spills spaghetti fucking everywhere trying to backpedal
>Other caller comes back and you can hear him snigger
>Spaghetti man just hangs up

It was so fucking cringy I couldn't stop listening. It was literally like tumblr and 4chan having an actual debate (if you can call it a debate), even the presenter was calling the spaghetti spiller out. A lot of the buzzwords being used I had only ever seen written on the internet, I didn't think people actually used them.
>>
Feminists are trained to be offended by everything. If you try to appease them, you'll just offend them.

You know how the rabidly religious find 'signs' in everything from food to the weather? Feminists are like that with 'patriarchy'. They find evidence of it everywhere they look because they're trained to do so. No evidence can trump their foregone conclusions.

Appeasement isn't what they want. They want destruction. The only victories they accept are complete and utter destruction of whatever they've deemed 'problematic'.
>>
>videogames

your industry got ass fucked and you took it just like comics just like movies. deal with it you manchild c uckolds
>>
>>55258134
you're a mysoginist, or modern gaming should stop trying to make a statement out of everything, the former is probably an effect of the latter
>>
File: total-recall-1990.jpg (126 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
total-recall-1990.jpg
126 KB, 600x468
>>55264534

>that comic

Maximum kek every time.
>>
>>55258803
>He emphasized one particularly insidious injustice that often goes unnoticed: the process of “pattern recognition,”
>When Silicon Valley venture capitalists choose who to fund based on a proven preferential “type.”
does he want everyone to have a severe learning disorder or something.
>>
>>55257920
I've said it here before but I'll say it again:
They hold themselves up as an untapped market. There are millions of girls who aren't playing AAA games right now, they represent billions of dollars in missed opportunities for games publishers.
Feminists have spent the last five years trying to convince publishers that the reason that girls aren't playing their games is because of sexism in the community and sexism in the games themselves.
They've also tried to convince them that "fixing" the sexism in the games won't cause sales to drop amongst the sexist community by a greater number than the number of girls who'll start buying games as soon as they aren't sexist anymore.

That's the entire cause of their influence, they keep dangling that carrot of a massive untapped market in front of the money men and telling them that they can have it all when they make a non-sexist game.
>>
>>55268506
Well fucking put.
>>
File: fatty.jpg (89 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
fatty.jpg
89 KB, 560x800
>>55258334
Quake 3 even had body-positive female characters!
>>
>>55264419
fucking this

jesus christ its 2015
we are constantly surrounded by women basically screaming "don't listen to anything I have to say it's all bullshit!!!"
>>
File: 12575642317.gif (987 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
12575642317.gif
987 KB, 500x255
>>55264534
that fucking comic
>>
File: milosteam.jpg (30 KB, 699x155) Image search: [Google]
milosteam.jpg
30 KB, 699x155
Milo has his own steam curator.

Pic related.
>>
>>55258135

Who said he's trying to be funny?

Do burgers need their facts coated in comedy otherwise their massive ADD causes them to ignore everything that's said?
>>
>>55268874
UT2003 did as well if you count the gene-boosted characters.
>>
>>55267311
>>55268936
I don't follow
>>
>>55258536
a few indie sites = mainstream opposition, and the furor died down 2 months after. Gamespot didn't suffer, Eidos didn't suffer.
>>
>>55259007
I remember seeing that mission for the first time when my room-mate was playing it. I said that it was distasteful and walked out of the room. He was completely bewildered by my reaction. I'd never criticized any depiction of violence in media before then. My reaction was completely new to him.

It was new to me as well, to be honest. I think that was the first time I became sceptical of the roll of media in society. It seemed obvious to me that the point of the mission was to be edgy and provocative. I'll chuckle when I see funny 9/11 gifs on 4chan, but a major media company doing it? I don't like that at all.
>>
>>55269135
>Joss Whedon defended feminists
>Directs Avengers 2
>Feminists don't like the line about Black Widow being a monster
>Gets ass blasted by feminists so hard he kills his Twitter account
>>
>>55264534
> that comic

poor Sensitive Joss Whedon...
>>
>>55258134
I just don't care about new vidya in general anymore, the industry has essentially priced me out if it. I now have to pay 80 bucks for a game that ill usually either complete or get bored with 10 or so hours in, so fuck it.

I'll probably see what my cash situation is in the new year and just get a cheapo PS3. Persona 5 is the only upcoming game I'm looking forward to and it'll have a massive back catalogue of cheap games to tide me over until the next generation finally prices itself down to something more reasonable
>>
>>55257920
Sue Palmer, a child development expert, said of the 18-rated game: it will...

>Child development expert
>18 rated game

>Your parents must buy you the game if youre under 18.

I WANT OUT OF THIS RIDE
>>
>>55269720
I mean let's be honest, kids DO play these games...

...not that that makes the the "child development expert" any less of a marxist moron.
>>
File: Joe Sweden.png (857 KB, 1022x582) Image search: [Google]
Joe Sweden.png
857 KB, 1022x582
>>55269135
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.