[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nice job, Atheists.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: 1444686971714.jpg (127 KB, 896x943) Image search: [Google]
1444686971714.jpg
127 KB, 896x943
Nice job, Atheists.
>>
1/10
>>
>>55255092

>Jim Jones

Top lel.
>>
If you add up religion probably killed more people since religion has always existed.
>>
>>55255472

So has atheism
>>
>>55255472

Nah. People overrate the damage done by religion. For exampl, the Inquisition only killed 3000 people in the course of 400 years. Everytime fedoras persecuted religious people, the body count was hundreds of times higher, in a timespan hundreds of times shorter.
>>
But Stalin and Mao pretty much turned communism into a religion anyways.

People waiting in line at Lenin's Mausoleum.
Students shouting quotes from Mao's Little Red Book.

Sounds like religion to me,.
>>
>>55257105
Nice job Atheists
>>
>>55255472
atheists have the high score currently for biggest mass murder.
>>
>>55256256

Inquisition being this evil tool of persecution going around unlawfully murdering people for "heresy" is a pretty poor meme when most of what they did was their job, which was being inquisitive and stopping local authorities from murdering "heretics" and taking their stuff with ant investigation.
>>
>>55257540

*without any investigation
>>
>>55257208
>>55255092
>>55256256

Good, unlike religion that is a cancerous growth upon society incapable of stopping itself at least atheists can pull the plug when need be knowing that's simply all they have to worry about.
>>
File: Athiests587.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Athiests587.png
2 MB, 1440x900
Notice Hitler is not shown in OP?
>>
>>55257208
What about 9/11?
>>
>>55255390
He only used the church as a way to get money from his followers, behind the scenes he was a drug addict and homosexual.
>>
>>55255092
with suffering religion increases

with welbeing religion decreases take the hint
>>
>>55257810
Hitler was likely a Neo Pagan
>>
>>55258071
>>55258237
No true Scotsmen starter pack
>>
>>55255092
>Mussolini
>atheist
>>
>>55258383
>In a 1976 phone conversation with John Maher, Jones alternately stated that he was an agnostic and an atheist.

He was a communist and his "church" was a Marxist movement.
>>
>>55258383
>minister of a church does the opposite of what he preaches
>No true scotsman
Wew lad
>>
>>55257810

Your point?
>>
>>55258071

>behind the scenes he was a drug addict and homosexual.

He was Catholic?

Seriously, look up the gay parties that go on in Vatican City.
>>
>>55255092
>Mussolini
>atheist
>>
>>55255092
Communism is not atheism.
Just like Islam is not theism.
>>
>>55256042
No. People kill in the name of religion, religion is the direct cause.
>>
>>55255092
>God told us to have a relationship with him
>Humans create religion to control sin which no one can free from it right now

Blame the religion, not the God.
>>
>>55255092
>no hitler pic
>>
>>55261287
Hitler was a christian who loved islam.
>>
>>55258591
But that's kinda the point people who reasonably dislike religion have, not fedora tippers.

Religious people who act like complete shitheads counter to their supposed beliefs are everywhere. I know it's a human problem more than a religious problem, but it leads me to a big ol' "why bother".
>>
>>55258237
No... He was atheist/agnostic. He just used Germanic Paganism to try to create a glorious "aryan religion"
>>
File: 1407513740141.jpg (9 KB, 184x183) Image search: [Google]
1407513740141.jpg
9 KB, 184x183
>>55260049
>direct cause
>>
File: 1423346023586.jpg (3 MB, 2254x1500) Image search: [Google]
1423346023586.jpg
3 MB, 2254x1500
I look forward to the day when atheists finally take care of the kikes, muzzies, and illegal aliens.
>>
>>55255092
Im pretty sure God has a higher kill count than any of them plus he killed a shit load of believers just for a petty bet
>>
>>55258153

perhaps i am a bit obtuse, but there are very many conclusions one could possibly draw from that, provided one accepts the premises.

my own view is that religious movements do tend to grow under atheist persecution. is this what you meant?
>>
>>55259959

Communism may not = atheism, but atheism is as much a part of Communism as, say, good deeds are part of Christianity (properly understood).

“The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion” - Karl Marx

“Atheism is the natural and inseparable part of Communism.” (attributed to Vladimir I. Lenin)
>>
File: Religion.gif (9 KB, 363x323) Image search: [Google]
Religion.gif
9 KB, 363x323
>>55255092
>Nice job, Christfags.
>>
>>55255092
Where is Hitler ?
>>
>>55255092
I went to school with Michael Carneal
>>
>>55263870
By muslims to be honest.
>>
>>55257105
>Sounds like religion to me

Precisely. When you do away with religion as we understand it people just replace it with something else. Like now in the USA and Europe the state is the replacement.
>>
File: 1419805705683.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
1419805705683.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>55263870
>>
>>55255092
>Thanks
Your welcome.

Us Atheists try our hardest to enact our goals of murdering innocents. It's in our top secret holy text. The Atheistorah.
>>
>>55263885

wtf is up with this pic in the op? lenin was a jew (grand-dad confirmed jew, inb4 that doesn´t mean lenin was jewish)

and hitler was christian, why would he be in an atheist picture?

(quotes from Mein Kampf)

Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.." As a boy, Hitler attended to the Catholic church and experienced the anti-Semitic attitude of his culture. In his book, Mein Kampf, Hitler reveals himself as a fanatical believer in God and country. This text presents selected quotes from the infamous anti-Semite himself.
>>
File: RE24.jpg (74 KB, 780x629) Image search: [Google]
RE24.jpg
74 KB, 780x629
>>55257608
>at least atheists can pull the plug when need be

What, at the atheist convention? Will they take a vote? Have a civil debate about the genocide? Atheists don't operate as an organization. They are either fedora basement dwellers or people like Stalin, who was the personification of evil. Either way, they couldn't give less of a shit about the other atheists opinion.
>>
>>55263870

from the Department of Charts and Statistics I Just Pulled Out Of My Ass

seriously - how does one even quantify such things? does a serious accounting of the means by which the data was gathered and interpreted come with the chart?
>>
>>
>>55264519

ahhh, thank you.

that's kind of what i was looking for here:

>>55264517
>>
>>55263870
the disturbing thing is most of the atheists take this picture serious.
>>
>>55261390

actually, as a Christian that is MY point, as well.

so it seems we have something very much in common with those who "reasonably dislike religion."

it's called SIN, and for you to point out that those who ostensibly hold to high moral values also invariably fail when it comes to upholding those values, is to make a point that Christianity - in it's truest, purest form - has been making all along.

it's called sin, and we are enslaved by it. and certainly not just the "religious" folks, but everyone - yourself included.

our Faith is the only faith in the world that owns up to the depth and universality of the problem, and offers a means by which we can be redeemed from it.

God is both perfectly just, and perfectly merciful. almost anyone holding to a belief in God would agree that this is part of His job description... but no faith in the world - save one - can explain how He could possibly be BOTH. either He lets some transgressions slide - in which case He is no longer perfectly JUST, or He judges absolutely every transgression - in which case He is no longer perfectly MERCIFUL.

our God - the real God - resolves this conundrum by taking the penalty for transgressions on Himself. every sin gets punished. and yet, He can show perfect mercy to those who are His Kids, because He has taken the penalty on Himself, so that they may be reconciled to Him.

just something to consider next time you feel like asking a Christian theist, "how do you know that you have the 'right' God?"
>>
>>55262899
more like in countries with higher standards of living people lose their religion.

here in norway our grandparents (the elderly) tend to still hold some religion, growing up in way worse conditions then the next generation, but with oil money and the higher standards of living the generation that grew up in oil era and not in post ww2 hold less and less religion.

with my generation (im 19 y/o) you'll be seen as a wierd person to hold religion, you'll be abit of an outcast if you dont hide your (powerlevel)religion.

even immigrants lose their religion or just pretend to be religious to their parents.

but its easy to convince a suffering population to support an ideology or a religion (pray all you want it aint gonna do shit xD ).

conclusion: religion feeds on suffeing
>>
>>55266689

>with my generation (im 19 y/o) you'll be seen as a wierd person to hold religion, you'll be abit of an outcast if you dont hide your (powerlevel)religion.

interesting - i've noticed the same basic trend here as well. and yet, it seems atheists think of themselves as "nonconformists" and they think of those with religious faith as part of the "mainstream." gotta wonder why that is.

>conclusion: religion feeds on suffeing

from what you are saying, it sounds much more like it's human nature to rely on religious faith once the suffering reaches a certain point.
>>
Jones and Mussolini were Christian, Pol Pot was Taoist
>>
File: 1445496578644.jpg (42 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1445496578644.jpg
42 KB, 403x403
>>55255390
In a 1976 phone conversation with John Maher, Jones alternately stated that he was an agnostic and an atheist.[41] Despite the Temple's fear that the IRS was investigating its religious tax exemption, Marceline Jones admitted in a 1977 New York Times interview that Jones was trying to promote Marxism in the United States by mobilizing people through religion, citing Mao Zedong as his inspiration.[37] She stated that, "Jim used religion to try to get some people out of the opiate of religion", and had slammed the Bible on the table yelling "I've got to destroy this paper idol!"[37] In one sermon, Jones said that, "You're gonna help yourself, or you'll get no help! There's only one hope of glory; that's within you! Nobody's gonna come out of the sky! There's no heaven up there! We'll have to make heaven down here!"[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.