[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we end homelessness in the United States? >inb4 nigs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: img.jpg (526 KB, 1680x1120) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
526 KB, 1680x1120
How do we end homelessness in the United States?

>inb4 nigs
>>
Kill the homeless
>>
exterminate the homeless like stray dogs
>>
>>55251825
Back to tech support
>>
>>55251808
mandatory detention and job placement?

you round up the homeless, put them in a low security prison. Assign them a job (they can choose if they want to) until they are able to afford a place to stay
>>
>>55251808
Get rid of illegals
Place more attention on mental health facilities and drug rehabilitation programs
Kill all the lost causes
>>
>>55251808
The way Salt Lake City did
http://guardianlv.com/2014/01/utah-solves-homelessness-by-giving-away-homes/
>>
>>55251808

Someone mentioned a farm where homeless used to work and got room and board. Gave them some purpose in life and life skills they were lacking. Some eventually turned it around.

They got rid of it because of feelings and now they rot in alleys. Much better.
>>
>>55251808
I was made homeless 3 months ago. kicked out of house.

i got a job in 2 weeks, but minimum income requirements are keeping me from getting a studio

Once i get a place of my own i can get a 2nd job becuase FUCKING OBAMACARE limits my 1st job to 25 hours week tops

the shelter i'm in is so shitty i'm seriously considering getting a sleeping bag. at least then i can sleep 8 fucking hours a day.

Yeah, the shelter i'm at restricts sleep to 7 hours a day. 8 on sundays.
>>
>>55252270

>Yeah, the shelter i'm at restricts sleep to 7 hours a day. 8 on sundays

Why?

8.5 is the recommended amount for humans.
>>
>>55251961
Can we do this without criminalizing them?
>>55252061
Voting Trump?
>>55252117
>Free stuff
>FeeltheBern.mp3

Is that actually sustainable though? Just giving out homes?
>>55252244
Source?
>>55252270
>ObamaCare limits the amount of hours I can work
wut
>homeless
>still posting on mongolian throat singing forum
I think I found your problem, f_a_M
>>
>>55252514
The place is called Pacific Garden Mission

Note the absense of the words Homeless or Shelter

basically, pardon the fedora, it's a cult recruitment center. They limit time spent in there too, you can only stay 1 month before they kick you out for a month. If you have a job you can get an extension. But they don't want you to get an extension.

The fuckers who sit there all day get to stay no problem, but the people who work get shafted.

BTW, you can make up that missing hour of sleep during any one of the 5 (yes 5) fucking hour long sermons they give every day. One before every meal, before bed, and one after lunch.

You also get an additional sermon any time you expect one of the security guards to do their fucking job instead of lording over you like cunts.

>>55252722
I'm homeless.

You type like a fucking nigger

I can get a home. Can you stop typing like a dread head?
>>
>>55251808
Institutionalize the insane. As it is now the most that can done for tgem is a weekend in the hospital and a few days of pills and they're back on the street. All efforts to "help the homeless" fail because they don't address tge real problem; that they're insane and that's what's lead to living on the street.
>>
>>55252987
So churches shouldn't help the homeless? If they are giving you a home and food, they can spout whatever shit they want.
>>
>>55253224
I don't think that is correct. Lower IQ maybe, but not insane.
>>
>>55253363
Most homeless people do have some form of mental disorder. Weather it developed before or after being homeless is debatable.
>>
>>55253266
I'm not against the idea of churches helping the homeless. In fact i think it's a rather important part of their separation from government and should be mandatory considering their tax status

That being said

The cities homeless services are really just a ride to PGM if you're caught sleeping outside somewhere.

And PGM is paid because they are the largest "shelter" in the city. they require things like SSN's for some fucking reason.

It's chicago politics though and through. A guy who came here from new york said the shelters were much nicer out there.

You remember Cars 4 Kids, IE Cars 4 Yids? How they pretend to be helping everyone, but really only focus their resources on a select few? that's EXACTLY the kind of thing churches should NOT be able to do if they enjoy tax exempt status
>>
>>55253447
So we just put them all in a big padded cell and give them drugs? Also, how do we avoid institutionalizing ones who aren't crazy?
>>
>>55251808
>How do we end homelessness in the United States?

stop spending so much on fighter jet programs because these days no one has dogfights in current war engagements.

also, install more of these badboys
>>
File: problem solved.jpg (161 KB, 970x573) Image search: [Google]
problem solved.jpg
161 KB, 970x573
>>55253712
>also, install more of these badboys

fucking captcha:

pic related
>>
>>55252987
>I'm homeless and this shelter that gives me free shit doesn't de a good enough job at giving me free food and housing no strings attached.

This is why no amount of spending will ever end homelessness.
>>
>>55253712
>>55253739
Does SK have trouble with the homeless?
Looks comfy desu
>>
>>55252722
>Is that actually sustainable though? Just giving out homes?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-05-21/news/os-cost-of-homelessness-orlando-20140521_1_homeless-individuals-central-florida-commission-tulsa
>>
>>55251825

this.
>>
>>55251808
Creation of low rent apts for people with shit incomes in the form of slightly better half-way houses

More spending in housing the homeless that are basically kicked out of mental institutions.
>>
>>55254168
not homelessness at epidemic levels per se, but social security isn't too good these days and the elderly have had it rough for some time now. basically the old practice of raising your children, putting them through life, university, and then housing them right up until marriage (in most cases because it's too expensive to live on their own) is starting to have a negative result like diminishing returns.

the expectation was that you raise a child well, grow old, they take care of you after retirement. now, the (global)economy fluctuates and younger people feel some pressure to get jobs so that in effect hurts their ability to secure themselves so they can't really look after their parents. young people are putting off marriage for a bit later because they opt to enjoy their life or because its necessary to save money, etc
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.