[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/UK vs India/: Koh-i-Noor Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (293 KB, 1780x943) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
293 KB, 1780x943
The £100mn, 105-carat Koh-i-Noor ("Mountain of Light") diamond must be returned to India, so say a group of Indian businessmen and Bollywood stars, who are taking the case to the London High Court. Their Indian friend Satish Jakhu of the Birmingham law firm Rubric Lois King is presenting the case based on the common law doctrine of "trespass to goods", arguing that the UK stole the diamond, which can be returned according to the Holocaust (Return of Cultural Objects) Act. Jakhu will also take the case to the International Court of Justice.

The diamond was first documented in 1304. It was presented to Queen Victoria by the Sikh ruler Duleep Singh in 1851 as a part of the treaty signed after Britain annexed Punjab - an episode of humiliation in Indian history.
It was placed in the crown of the Queen Mother, where it remains.
The UK has rejected past claims for return.

The legend of the diamond holds that only a God or a woman may wear it. A man who wears it will meet an unfortunate end; whilst a woman will become incredibly powerful.

David de Souza, of the Indian leisure group Tito, is helping to fund the case. He says that colonisation stole wealth from India and destroyed India's psyche.
Bollywood star Bhumicka Singh says: ‘The Koh-i-Noor is not just a 105-carat stone, but part of our history and culture and should undoubtedly be returned.’

Historian Andrew Roberts disagrees: "The British Crown Jewels is precisely the right place for the Koh-i-Noor diamond to reside, in grateful recognition for over three centuries of British involvement in India, which led to the modernisation, development, protection, agrarian advance, linguistic unification and ultimately the democratisation of the sub-continent."
INDIANS BTFO

The Queen will host PM Narendra Modi this week at Buckingham Palace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3308671/Indians-sue-Queen-return-100m-jewel-crown-Bollywood-stars-businessmen-launch-legal-battle-105-carat-diamond-say-stolen-country.html
>>
It won't be returned.
>>
India, you can bring a case to the International Court of Justice, but can you SHIT in a toilet?

>>55251777
Trips
>>
>>55251777

They didn't do it for the greeks, they won't do it for indians.

I get the impression they are not keen on handing things back as it may just provoke more requests.
>>
Look at that plebtier quality of camera shot in that Bollywood "production".
Povertyhead Indians recording on mobile phones.
>>
File: 667847646758o02.jpg (10 KB, 231x191) Image search: [Google]
667847646758o02.jpg
10 KB, 231x191
>mfw British-born Indians taking the UK to court for India
>>
>>55251777
QEII wearing more tassels than all my curtains combined.
>>
>>55251835
>They didn't do it for the greeks, they won't do it for indians.

Despite the full power of Mrs. Clooney
>>
>>55252011
>>55251944
>>55251800
Jesus....
>>
Holy mother of samefag
>>
I think the queen should return it so they can finally build toilets and become LOO POOERS
>>
>3fQZj2jL
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.