[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you respect fast food and min wage workers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 28
File: McDonalds.png (332 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds.png
332 KB, 475x356
Why don't you respect fast food and min wage workers?
>>
>>55251307
they are doing a job that anyone could do. you only deserve respect if you are an outlier
>>
File: McDonalds-Machines.jpg (60 KB, 620x457) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds-Machines.jpg
60 KB, 620x457
>can't remember to put a straw or ketchup in my bag
>want $15 burger bucks

fuck you
>>
Even the fast food worker is a gear in a machine. If one of the gears stop working, so does the machine.
>>
>>55251416
Not when you have a gigantic pool of gears just itching to replace faulty ones.
>>
>>55251307
Because "those darn kids." Additionally, Mexicans/Blacks/The bad kinds of Asians are the people who always get these jobs. If you're not one of these three categories, you're just mentally-ill or disfigured.

The society is geared towards hating the people who do these jobs, so why care if they're not getting paid a fair wage?
>>
Im a firefighter. Fast food is literally harder than my job thank god I dont have to do that shit.
>>
>>55251494
I believe it. Fire fighters are over paid primadonnas who sit in a fire house all day and respond to false calls made my senile woman.
>>
What's more Capitalist than the fast food industry?

Swoon over it /pol/.
>>
I don't respect them because a fat neckbeard BK employee fucking hit on my daughter on her 9th birthday
>>
>>55251307
who doesn't respect them? I respect them a lot more than some divas I know who are on the dole because they think mcjobs are beneath them
>>
I respect them because they're people. I was raised to treat others how you would want to be treated.
>>
>>55251307
I don't respect fast food in general. It's shit.

I feel more sorry for those people than anything.
>>
File: 1440551260056.jpg (21 KB, 480x292) Image search: [Google]
1440551260056.jpg
21 KB, 480x292
>>55251307
At least they're working.
I was at Walmart yesterday and commented that it wasn't busy for a change. The clerk responded it was a good thing too. She said they don't get nearly enough applicants to fill the positions at the store.

> although she did add that it took a special kind of person who wanted to work there
> and an even more special kind of person to put up with actually working there
>>
>the left wants fast food to pay 15/hour
>in the same breath they'll tell you that cheap illegal labor is indispensable to the economy

I've worked fast food paying for my aa, which let me get a better job to pay for my ba, I hate fast food workers mostly because so many of them get the job as a teenager and just work there for a decade or two. Absolutely worthless. And they eat the food they make every damn day so they end up poor, dumb, fat and greasy adults, which is disgusting.
>>
>>55251307
I respect everyone who makes an effort to do their job well whatever the job.
>>
>>55251307

Because they're not human.
>>
>>55251307
I do show them respect. They wake up and goto work. Good for them.... not sure why you annoying middle class cunts gotta shoot down someone doing what they gotta do to get by.

I'd probably knock anyone of your teeth straight out of your mouth if you told one of my family members that work in the food industry they're worthless.

Wanna know who's worthless.... take a look in the mirror cunts.
>>
Respect is earned faggot
>>
>>55251307
I respect them so long as they respect me. If some nig nog r 16 year old is being a dick, I'll make their job hard. If the employee is respectful and helpful, I'll do the same.
>>
>>55251416
Not when you have a near unending supply of gears that can replace the nonworking gear in an afternoon.
>>
>>55251692
Mind giving the story
>>
>>55251307
They only deserve respect ig they're using the money to pay for real studies.
>>
Why do fucking fast food workers seem to be so smug just because they're there ones behind the counter?
>>
I do respect them, a job is a job. Who am I to assume I know everything about their life and judge them on it based on the few minutes I spend with them?

People have bills to pay, so they get a job. I don't look down on anyone for working, regardless of how easy their job seems. Better than all the snarky fuckwits who belittle these people rather than working themselves.
>>
>>55251940
I work at Walmart on nights. I make $19.50 and I've had worse jobs.

Admittedly, it does still suck and hopefully I find something better soon.
>>
I don't disrespect them or respect them. I'm indifferent except when my food takes forever and Ben the bald manager gives me a free cheeseburger ty Ben.
>>
Why SHOULD they get better wage than min wage? Honestly, these kind of jobs are supposed to be your first job where you gain enough respect and work experience so you can apply for better positions. If you really are over and 20 working at McD's then you should get even lower wage than the minimum wage because you are a fucking child who can't grow up.
>>
>>55251307
I do respect them. It's better than being a worthless meet that does nothing for society.

The problem is mcdees jobs are suppose to be jobs where you work until you find a better job; way too many just get too comfortable with it and stay in their position for 5+ years, wasting their own potential.

Also, never fuck with people who handle your food. They can always get another job, but you can never un-eat shit.
>>
File: 8lxA7yg.jpg (24 KB, 310x403) Image search: [Google]
8lxA7yg.jpg
24 KB, 310x403
>>55251307
I do.
The bottom line is that they have jobs and our trying in life. This is something many others refuse to do.
>>
File: xjttKsal[1].jpg (62 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
xjttKsal[1].jpg
62 KB, 640x426
>>55252820
My daughter's ninth birthday, she wanted to go to burger king since she liked their onion rings and chicken nuggets.
There was some fat creep, about the size of pic related, with a similar neckbeard but no mustache, at the register. Instead of asking me or my wife, he immediately smiled at my daughter, called her "little lady" and asked what she wanted today. She's pretty shy so I began to give her order for her, in part just to diffuse the situation but he fucking scowled at me and then turned back to my daughter until she awkwardly said what she wanted. Afterwards he asked her for her name and before I could stop her and ask what the hell he was doing she had already said it, and he said "It's nice to meet you, (her name)! My name's Spencer." My wife and I then gave him our orders, talked among ourselves about him and once our food was ready and we picked it up from the counter he fucking winked at my daughter and said "tell me if you enjoy it, okay, (her name)?"
I leaned in and asked him what the hell he was doing and he got pissy at me again and said "I'm not going to talk to you." After we ate we spoke to his fucking manager about it and he had a look on his face like he'd seen him do it before. I don't know what happened with him but I seriously hope the cunt got fired. I'm never bringing my family to a fast food place ever again, though.
>>
I respect that they have a job, just like most people. But it's a job that pretty much anyone can do. Should I be impressed that they can text message their buddies while fucking up my order?
>>
File: IMG_316405608347474.jpg (111 KB, 720x824) Image search: [Google]
IMG_316405608347474.jpg
111 KB, 720x824
>>55253058
Good god 20 quid for that shit job? You'd get eight euro for that here
>>
>>55251494
anything is harder than your job except for when 9/11 happened. Im trying to get on that fun train of only working 3 days a week.
>>
Wish i could get some nuggets right now.
>>
If all you can manage in life is a minimum wage job you're scum of the Earth anyways.

I'd rather it if they had automated machines in charge of the counter so I didn't have to deal with filthy unwashed poors when I just want a breakfast burrito.
>>
>>55253396
Jesus christ, I hope you are joking. We need to make how to behave in public part of the school curriculums.
>>
>I don't have to respect a high school kid trying to make money to become a consumer
>literally a machine could do its job
>>
If they're kids I respect them. Kind of hard to respect a 40 year old who never made it past working fast food though.
>>
>>55253527
Yeah, it's because the cost of living is so high where I live. I've managed to reduce it to almost nothing though so I save a lot.
>>
>>55253527

>mfw I'm a programmer and I make 7€/h
>>
File: 1446053763622.png (584 KB, 621x697) Image search: [Google]
1446053763622.png
584 KB, 621x697
I respect them as human beings and call them mam and sir unless they have a bad attitude. But I certainly can't respect their life choices if they're 30+ years old
>>
>>55253562
rare flag
>>
>>55253894
So you are a no talent kid who makes excuses for your own failure but not others?
>>
>>55251494
you faggots are tax parasites. everyone hates you -- remember that.
>>
File: 1446409373362.jpg (9 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
1446409373362.jpg
9 KB, 250x229
>>55254463
Tfw programmers are underpaid and overworked
>>
>>55254594
Pretty sure that is the Gaston who blew his head off with a firework last 4th of july
>>
>>55251307
I'm respectful to anyone who gives or makes me food because my mama taught me not to be a giant bag of douche.
>>
>>55251307
Because it's a fucking teenager that should be finding a better job, and this should be his transition period while he looks for one?
>>
Because they are the least skilled, least educated, least intelligent, least capable, least significant 2% of our society. Trained monkeys could do their jobs.
>>
>tfw in australia min wage workers are still mostly white
>tfw qt white teen girls still work at the mcdonalds counter
>>
>>55251307
I respect them as much as I respect kids under 20. Which is, with less respect than I do to other adults, but I still give them some respect. Why do I do this? Because they're working in a job meant for people under 20, so clearly that's their mental age and I will treat them as such.
>>
>>55251416
A fast food operation is like my daily driver. It works, if something breaks, it's cheap to replace and available everywhere. An organization like mine is like a Ferrari, each piece is specialized and expensive, difficult to replace and must usually be special ordered.
>>
Because they can't even get my order of 3 spicy chicken crisps with extra sauce and large fries right
>>
But I do respect them. Anybody who doesn't respect someone because they have a low-paying job is an asshat.
>>
>>55251444
/thread
>>
>>55251307
no one respects slaves
>>
>>55255503
Edgy
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134 KB, 1920x1080
>>55253396
At first I was like "lol stfu idiot he was clearly just trying to be friendly and failed"
.. but then I kept reading and it got creepier and what the fuck
>>
Because idiots with inferiority complex like to compensate their low self esteem with bitching about people who have to behave politely to them for the sake of keeping their job. If you are mean to fast food workers, cashiers and the like, then you're an asshole who deserves to work in a min wage job for at least a year to learn a lesson.
>>
>>55251307
I respect them enough not to spit on them or tell them they're worthless. That's the base level of respect offered to a person. Anything less is because you find them sub-human. How much more respect do you want?
>>
Federal Minimum wage should be tied to inflation

States can increase if they want
>>
>>55253396
You are parnanoid as fuck the only reason you mentioned anything to him because your nagging bitch wife told you to man up,keks like you are the reason why men have to walk on eggshells and make sure they look the other way when they see anyone who looks under 18,hell maybe your daughter reminded him of his own.You dont know,you are just making an ass of yourself by creating crazy delusions,hell I would be offended
myself if you gave me shit for saying hello to your daughter.Thats what probably happened and you chimped out on him and he responded negatively toward you.Fuck off faggot enjoy getting keked by your wife.
>>
>>55252182
Underrated

That's the hypocrisy that came to mind when Anthony bourdain was saying how deportations would "cripple" the resturaunt industry which apparently is universally shady and relies on paying workers less than minimum wage
>>
>>55253058
That is a lot of fucking money for walmart, what is your position and where do you live?
>>
>>55255894
I agree. He was probably just trying to be nice to kids in order to appease their parents, but being a clumsy neckbeard with zero social skills he did exactly the opposite. No big deal.
>>
>>55256058
meh if you are not a shit for brains you can move up fast, same things with other places, like fedx, and ups. they have such a high turn over rate its crazy, if you stay and bust your ass you can move up pretty fast.
>>
>>55255876

The "minimum wage" should be set entirely by market demand for shit level employees.
>>
>>55252439
Fuck off poorfag
>>
>>55251307

Why do you post this thread every day?

I respect teens who do min wage work. I question why adults do min wage work, but do not look down on them.
>>
>>55254463
> tfw even after doing one of the most sought after studies I must be happy with a starting salary of ~3000 euro a month before tax insurances etc.

Though it is better than nothing I suppose. It's just tax is so high it is impossible to really get rich working most jobs and Netherlands is awful for starting a business you can better move to any other European country that isn't Scandinavian if you want to start a business.
>>
Once, i paid 15 bucks for 2 meals and that bitch forgot to add fries. I noticed it when i was back at my car. I went back and complained about it

The bitch told me that i didnt order any fries, even though every fucking meal comes with them. Thats why its called a meal, not a hamburger.

Never again
>>
>>55252439
Just people posting itt who never worked a day in their life and look down on ''lesser work''.
>>
File: 1446660899005.jpg (59 KB, 583x574) Image search: [Google]
1446660899005.jpg
59 KB, 583x574
>>55255195
You're*
>>
If you have a job and show up every day and earn your own way you have my respect.
>>
File: swedish mcdonalds.jpg (659 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
swedish mcdonalds.jpg
659 KB, 2592x1936
all dem qts soon replaced by migrant scum
>>
>>55256420
That was a horrible ordeal for you, Tero. My heart goes out to you. No one should have to face such tragedy.
>>
>>55252352
Finn: The Voice Reason
>>
In Canada the pothead teenagers of old have been replaced by friendly filipinos. They're ok I guess.
>>
>>55251307
Because those are jobs, not careers.
>>
>>55257383
It traumatized me.

I was basically raped
>>
>>55251307
Because fast food is degeneracy at every level, and is one of the problems plaguing this planet.

No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Also:
>2015
>Still trying to climb the ladder

Kill yourself.
>>
>>55251307
They don't have any skills and are working what should be a temporary job as they move on to better things.
>>
>>55251307
because of shit service t.b.h.f.a.m
>>
>>55251399
Bring the automation on, just means we move closer to basic income
>>
>>55251307
Of course I try to show them respect. The problem is they have no respect for others. And respect is irrelevant to the idea of minimum wage which I am against and for abolishing.
>>
>>55251307
i respect the ones making the food only enough for them not to spit in my food. ones who take orders are worthless and might as well be robots
>>
I do though. McDonald's and other fast food is slow and fucking expensive here though but they're at least polite and nice.
>>
I respect anyone who does their job well. This means some fast food workers are great and some are scum.

On another note I found something amazing: A local pizzeria staffed entirely by native swedes, which is almost unheard of. Food and service was great.
>>
>>55251307
>Why don't you respect fast food and min wage workers?
because I am one, it's not a respectable job - I just need some extra cash, feeling real sorry for the 40 year old women here though
>>
>>55251307
Because there are entry-level, zero-skill jobs that pay more, offer valuable experience, or have pathways to move up in the company. When I say fast food and retail are for teenagers, I'm not referring to the fact that a good portion of fast food workers are single mothers, I'm talking about how retarded they are for thinking that's where they should be investing their time.

Work ten years at UPS and you go from making $10/hr with benefits and union membership by throwing boxes into trucks (albeit tough hours) to making up to $35/hr as a delivery driver.
Work 10 years at McDonald's and you go from making minimum wage flipping burgers to making slightly above minimum wage flipping burgers.
>>
>>55251307
because complacency is pathetic
>>
>>55251307
I respect all people in my day to day life because im not a maladjusted neckbeard sitting in his basement complaining about normies.

if I go to McDonalds, when i get my order, I politely say thank you, maybe a smile, and then go on my way. same for any interaction.

its a shit job, but it helps when people are nice to you, so I do my part to improve society's overall mood.
>>
Because they think they should be getting paid 15$ an hour for doing it.
>>
>>55251307
Because they can't get orders correct
>>
>>55253396
OMG, I hate these f.....g pedophiles too!
>>
2 words

COLD FRIES
>>
>>55253396

I'll take "Stories that never happened" for 600, Alex
>>
File: 1433594527960.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1433594527960.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>55251307
>Why don't you respect fast food and min wage workers?

>/pol/ is one person
>>
>work fast food job as in-between because construction firm filed for bankruptcy and laid off nearly everyone while they restructured
>franchise paid 10 bucks an hour for 30 hours a week, k, not bad, proceed to look for more work
>get hours slashed to the point where I work 2 days a week
>complain
>get hours back, only to get cut again
>give up trying to find construction labor and get a job with a staff ing agency at a warehouse for 12.50 an hour
>>
>>55251399

Fast food workers constantly fuck up my order

Bring on the BurgerBots
>>
>>55261047

Just go get a good job with a staffing agency, all you have to do is piss in a cup
>>
>>55261157

Because the jobs are dangerous and you have to sit through 2 hours of safety videos and sign a bunch of legal shit
>>
>>55261157

Because I don't want to work a dangerous possibly fatal job for half of what regular employees get paid
>>
>>55261047

They went bankrupt because it was a local firm and the owner was buying more land and equipment than he was getting jobs, and he went over his budget several times, got an email one morning telling me not to come in and that "as of now, you are being put on indefinite unpaid leave" (AKA Laid Off)
>>
>>55261230
>>55261203
low T faggot
>>
File: brute.jpg (36 KB, 411x321) Image search: [Google]
brute.jpg
36 KB, 411x321
>>55251307

if the person who works there speaks English without an indecipherable accent they are probably a collage graduate
>>
>>55261460

Low tier? Yes because the jobs they have are also 60 miles away, and they won't transport you there, I have a vehicle that gets terrible mileage
>>
>>55251307
I do because I work in a Sandwich shop and can sympathize with them.

Please just smile, it makes my day better.
>>
>>55251307
Because they are doing literal nigger tier work.
>>
>>55251307
part-time mcworker here. if you think it's easy, you've obviously never worked in fast-food before
>>
>>55251307

they're niggers
they never get the order right, sometimes they forget you and take a dozen orders in front of you

i stopped going to any kind of fast food place except tim hortons for coffee (and even then the fucking night bitch gives you cold coffee)

I can't wait for the robots
>>
>>55251307
Jumping the minimum wage 100% over night is stupid. People will get sacked over it.

If they were smart they'd rally around a reasonable 35% increase (from 7.50 to about 10.15/hr in the States) and an overall plan stretched over ~6 years to raise it incrementally in order for it to once again be in line with a "living wage"

Give businesses time to adjust, and employees still get more money than they're currently getting. It's a win/win. Doubling pay expenses in a single year is a terrible idea, whether it's fair the rate has stagnated or not.
>>
>>55253396
I just came back from the Olive Garden, and I've gotta say this is some tasty new pasta.
>>
>>55263799
and yet literal kids are able to do your job. if it was difficult you would be paid a higher wage, because otherwise nobody would do it. and before you mention the low qualification requirements, guys working out on oilfields don't need high qualifications either, try telling them you've got a difficult job. christ, never mind them, you can come into my office tomorrow and deal with 10 hours of greedy, aggressive union reps if you want and i'll flip burgers all day.

no, your job is not hard. get a high-paying full-time job and then come back and say that again.
>>
>>55251307
Because they are mostly shit people and shit employees.

>Source:
I was recently a manager at Whataburger.

I was a burger flipper for a year or so, but I quickly became promoted to team leader and then manager.

Did that for a few years, now I do database administration and business intelligence.

My best employees were white high school boys and old Mexican men and women.

All other employees were shit, no exceptions. Especially the fucking niggers, god damn.
>>
>>55251307
I respect them and treat them well. OH I get it, because I don't feel they don't deserve to be overpaid I "disrespect" them right? Get fucked kuck
>>
>>55264313

>people will get sacked over it

implying thats bad

the only remaining employees are ones who can prove they are worth 15$ an hour

its like reverse affirmative action really
>>
>>55264755
Oh, and side note, I really really still love the food at Whataburger.

After seeing the preparation and the ingredients, I can confirm that Whataburger is a top-tier fast food place.

Like any other food establishment, depends on the management and how on-the-ball they are.
>>
>>55251307
What they do is not worth $2 an hour and the food is inedible to begin with. If they don't like their pay they need to work someplace else those jobs are for high school students to begin with.
>>
I respect everything accociated with national socialism.
>>
>>55265169
>those jobs are for high school students to begin with

I don't understand where this comes from. High school students can work them, but they are not meant to be just for high school kids. No place is gonna hire a minor to work in the mornings or overnight. And fast food joints prefer people with flexible schedules and access to their own cars.

And even "college kids" need decent paying jobs. People seem to forget that most "college kids" are adults and some can't depend on the bank of mom and dad.
>>
>>55251307
I do yah dingus.
>>
>>55251307

I give everyone basic respect in public.
I honestly know and see very few people that don't.
>>
>>55251307
Because I could never respect myself if I had that job :(

I'm nice and treat them the way I wanted to be treated, just being a nice person.

>>55251416
Nah dude, it's not like a gear. like not at all.
>>
>>55253058
I'd quit my job right now and do that for 20 bucks an hour.

My job is way too stressful (for me anyway, i'm a robot) for what I get paid.
>>
>>55251307
I don't really have anything against them at all.
>>
>>55251307
>be me and have a stutter
>go into mcdonalds for a cheeseburger
>have trouble ordering
>cashier snickers at me
That's why. It's funny though, poor white people usually laugh at me, but poor black people never do. Stuttering is more prevalent with black people too so I guess they are more sympathetic because the may know a black friend or family member who stutters.

soon I realize that I probably make 3-4 times her salary as I get into my german sedan and no fucks given
>>
>>55254594
educated women are such a fucking blight

If you're going to brainwash yourself do it with something useful like engineering.
>>
File: 1446954892498s.jpg (3 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1446954892498s.jpg
3 KB, 125x93
I'm a grocery store worker who makes 9 bucks an hour

does /pol/ basically have no respect for me at all

i dont plan on having a family or kids so its enough to just support myself
>>
>>55266728
>le overcompensating man
>>
>>55267004
I certainly don't respect you at all, but I always treat everyone with respect and dignity on a daily basis.
>>
>>55266728
I'd never laugh at someone who stutters

even if you are black
>>
THE THING i hate most about min wage workers is they ALWAY get your order wrong. every time. without fucking fail.
>>
>>55251307
I don't eat fast food. I don't know anyone that does. I don't make min wage. I don't know anyone that does.

Why should I give a flying fuck about a job strata that is for niggers, felons, retards, illegal immigrants or a combination of the permanent underclass thereof.

They stay on their side of the fence, and we'll stay on ours.

That's why.
>>
>>55267210
That's because you keep ordering double of everything you fat fuck.
>>
>>55255503
Trips confirm that Slaves shall have no respect
>>
>>55255876
>2015
>still not knowing fuck all about Economics

Please open a book.
>>
Guys, my employer cut me down to 16 hours a week, and no other jobs here, can't move because you guys assume I have mkney to buy a house, or a car

What do I do?
>>
>>55268932

I live in a town of about 8560
>>
>>55263799
All hail overlord Bush and the all powerful Republican empire,your not the little people right so fuck'em in their minimum wage making mouths.

You want to make more money fry guy?

Suck my middle class cock, I hope you die slowly of bowel cancer if you think you have the right to bitch about making my Big Mac for 6 bucks an hour.
>>
>>55251307
I respect them just fine, most people do as well. But $15 min wage under our current system is a bad idea.

And if you fixed those detrimental aspects of our system wages would naturally rise in response, and people would have greater savings, thus negating the need for a forced min wage hike.
>>
>>55263799
Almost anyone can do this job with no more than a couple hours of training though.

Wages are not paid based on how hard the work is to YOU. They are based on how valuable your work is to the company.

If your labor on its own doesn't bring a huge profit margin and you're easily replaceable... guess what, you're not worth that much pay.
>>
Get a job in construction, just walk onto a job site, and talk with the foreman on their break
>>
>>55269558

I dunno, I'm bi-ligual and also speak Spanish and the pay is under the table
>>
I have a minimum wage receptionist job at the moment at a small business, and will be getting a new job in a game store pretty soon, hopefully. I'll be heading to University in september. Both jobs are minimum wage, and anyone can do them, as long as you have good manners and can learn quickly.

The experience has thought me that a scary percentage of jobs will simply not exist in ~40 years time because I constantly feel that a robot could just be doing my job. You need to be grateful for any jobs you can get when you're young and useless, and quickly gather skills so you can distinguish yourself on the job market and show you have value. Guys my age who are NEETS may as well just kill themselves now, because the rest of their lives will have no value. You have such a small fucking window to educate yourself for the career you actually want, as well as get low-level experience in the field to have some connections, that no wonder so many fucking people end up frustrated and unsatisfied with life. They were too busy partying and pondering on what they wanted to do, instead of acting on it.
>>
>>55269653
What's a NEET? A special snowflake of some sort?
>>
It's not that I don't respect them, it's just that I don't see their work being worth more than what it currently is.
>>
>>55270153
Not in Education Employment or Training. I have a friend who is in Uni at the moment, barely bothers with it, and only works 1 day a week. He's practically a NEET because he's just going to end up dropping out in a few months and that one day a week job looks terrible on a CV.
>>
>>55267004
have you ever though of a better place to work? or community college?
>>
>>55267004

Are you happy there? Will you be happy there in 10-20 years? If the answer to either of those is no, you need to find a better job or get into some college.
>>
i run a coffee shop that sells pricey coffee with fancy milk designs poured on top of espresso. i definitely respect fast food/minimum wage workers because what they do is way way way harder that what i have my employees do, but my workers end up making 15-17 an hour. i can only imagine how soul crushing the work must be, especially during the busy hours. even more soul crushing when you consider the pay.
>>
File: Pope_Leo_XIII.jpg (33 KB, 348x450) Image search: [Google]
Pope_Leo_XIII.jpg
33 KB, 348x450
>mfw frustrated unemployed people smash up a restaurant because they replaced low level jobs with robots.
>>
>>55251307
Because I've been one. I know exactly what they're like.
>>
>>55269496
But companies make money based on people having disposable income. f more people are laid off than they would stop buying things as much and likely go on welfare and food stamps, causing taxes to go up for everyone ells. It will also increase competition for the tech jobs that created, causing college prices to rise and an even more flooded market of STEM degree kids who can't get into the business because they lack connections that rich kids have.
>>
>>55267906
>503
>Trips
You probably thought you got dubs. You don't know what these memes mean, friend.
>>
>>55251307
I had a fat white dude hate on my for that 15$/hour shit. I was still making less than 7 bucks and I worked less than 40 hours in a week. I did what any self respecting person does and GTFO, this is also where I learned that it is better to have a white boss than a Hispanic boss the only way you'll ever get em outta your hair is if you fight them.
>>
>>55253369
fast food workers are not to be respected.

they provide a service that actively causes harm.

there are other min wage workers that I do respect because they provide an actual good service that we need.
>>
>>55251494

>fire fighters

>not using piss to put out fires

boot licker
>>
>>55251307
because it's working for a place that doesn't even sell real food. Go wash dishes at a real restaurant and bust your ass instead of being a lazy shit for a gigantic company that everyone knows is garbage
>>
>>55251444
Hear, hear
>>
>>55263799
Worked at a McDonald's the summer after my third year of high school. It is the easiest job I've ever had. The hardest thing they want you to do is remember to restock the napkins and take the frozen cookies out of the oven (which turns itself off, so you can't even burn them).

If you work a McJob and you think it's difficult, you are probably a huge moron. Though, it isn't surprising that someone working a McJob thinks it's hard because apparently they love hiring idiots. I worked with at least three dropouts and a lot of teenage Mexican girls. Never again.
>>
>>55251307
Because I am one and don't work very hard and didn't need any special skills to become one, so if anything we should be lowering the pay of my managers to match, since all they really do is manage inventory and stare at security cameras.

Fast food should be illegal, really, its awful garbage and horrible for you. A respectable restaurant can easily pay a livable wage on top of tip money
>>
>>55256194
this. Half of any retail job is just showing up. If you are dedicated its easy to get into management and supervisor positions within a year.
>>
>>55265113
can confirm. Whataburger is best burger
>>
>>55251307
My dad says you should never hate someone doing honest work for honest pay no matter what the fuck he's doing. You should hate bankers and mortgage lenders always trying to screw hard working people out of their money fuck em. You think any of those rich billionaires or six-figure salary guys would ever send their kids to war to fight for the U.S? and you wanna give them tax cuts and bail them out. Look at how messed up the conservative media has turned people where a guy picking tomatoes is turned into a rapist criminal meanwhile the VA and drug companies are giving pills to veterans so they kill themselves quicker. The government has no problem with a person working and giving up half their paycheck to the government but when they're the ones that gotta start paying those pensions they start getting those VA doctors to start prescribing anti-depressants. My good friend at work, an Iraq veteran has to work around with diapers mopping floors and shit da fuq is that shit about?
>>
>>55272012
Welcome to economic freedom, where some people make profitable choices, and other people make less profitable choices. Would you like your right to choose what to do with your life denied? That seems to be what you want to happen. That people are no longer allowed to choose for themselves how to save, spend, invest, or hoard their own money how they see fit.
>>
>>55252182

Don't forget.

>Big business is bad.
>Wants people to keep working for big business.

>Fast food is bad! Become a vegan!
>McDonalds is closing!? think of the jobs! Those greedy assholes!
>>
>>55253396

Used to work at a Big Lots, my manager would do the same thing. Unsurprisngly the guy was a perv. Tried taking a customer to the back room and groped her and now he is in jail.
>>
>>55251307
What people deserve does not equal what people are worth.
>>
>>55251307
These threads are ploys to slide the truth to the bottom:

>>55245895

EUROPE MUST KNOW
>>
>>55271329
>there are other min wage workers that I do respect
back to tumblr
>>
>>55257320
Funny anecdote: here in Bavaria fast food places are full of migrant workers who barely speak German. But when I went to Leipzig (Eastern Germany) a few years ago all the McDonalds places there had German workers.
>>
>>55272508
How stupid could the guy be
>>
>>55272588
I know people who are working min wage jobs to get through college, I respect them
>>
>>55272912
because you're probably poor just like them. Poor people are scum and the fact they even get wages proves this nation has become socialist.
>>
>>55267004
I don't care about the job but I'm definitely bothered that you're not even trying to get a family.
>>
>>55272957
Gr8 B8 M8
>>
>>55273023
its bait to hate socialism? has /pol/ become the new tumblr?
>>
why would i not respect fast food workers? they work for practically nothing.
>>
I do.

I also judge the character of those I do business with depending on how they treat service staff.
>>
>>55273235
Its bait because how the fuck do they become not poor if they aren't getting paid?
>>
>>55273372
if poor people knew what to do with money they wouldn't be poor.
>>
>>55251588
>>55253554
>>55254758
>>55271391
Edgy
Remember what you posted here and don't call the fire department whenever you careless fucks start a house fire.
>>
>>55272849

He was incredibly stupid in ever aspect. I'm surprised he could tie his shoe sometimes.
>>
>>55251719
I hate scum who go on the dole, filth need euthanasied. I respect the honest person doing a shit job in McDonald's making a third the wage than the dole and paying tax.
>>
>>55251307

They haven't earned my respect.

If they're nice and courteous and don't fuck up my order, then they get treated like decent human beings.

I don't respect people just because they have a job. Wow, anyone could do that.
>>
>>55251307
I do. Not all of /pol/ is angsty teenagers.
>>
>>55251692
Bro take that up with /b/
>>
>>55252439
Calm down mcstupid no one cares about you, inbred scum.
>>
If they are good people I would respect them. I probably wouldn't respect an average /pol/ user irl. A good half of /pol/ are hateful virgin autists who should shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1400473457109.png (427 KB, 1423x889) Image search: [Google]
1400473457109.png
427 KB, 1423x889
I cannot fucking wait until they all get replaced with robots. I might actually eat fast food if I don't have to worry about some low-wage pleb scratching his ass before he makes my burger.
>>
File: 1400473605797.jpg (98 KB, 610x456) Image search: [Google]
1400473605797.jpg
98 KB, 610x456
>>55274068
A picture of the robot.
>>
File: 1400473941873.jpg (40 KB, 580x360) Image search: [Google]
1400473941873.jpg
40 KB, 580x360
>>55274087
I hope future fast food places are set up so you can look at the fresh ingredients right before they get made into food.
>>
File: 1400474279909.jpg (30 KB, 580x350) Image search: [Google]
1400474279909.jpg
30 KB, 580x350
>>55274135
I have never had a fast food burger that looks as good as pic related. Bring on the robots.
>>
What are the hordes of fast food workers going to do when they get replaced by robots? There's millions of them/
>>
>>55253396
Haha, he could've just been an autist who is just retarded and not a pedo. But then again most autists ARE pedos so...
>>
>>55255894
Found the Burger King worker.
>>
>>55251307
I honestly respect fast food workers more than waiters. They get paid less, go through way more work and tolerate far more things in the workplace, and they still don't ask for a tip for all of it. It makes waiters look like spoiled crybabies.
>>
File: robo burger.jpg (233 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
robo burger.jpg
233 KB, 580x386
>>55251399
Can't wait, the future is glorious where I don't need human contact to order food from a snobby teenager.
>>
>>55256274
Come back when your schnapps doesn't taste like shit eurojew
>>
>>55274263
Ordering groceries online suddenly becomes cheaper.. maybe. Former fastfood workers now have a new occupation because god forbid they work in the fields
>>
>buy fries
>don't get automatically asked what dipping sauce I want.

Jesus christ, at least Taco bell asks me for sauce during my order and again when they hand me my order.
>>
File: IMG_3554.jpg (465 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3554.jpg
465 KB, 1600x1200
>>55253396
Fast food workers are ornery AF. At least that guy was trying to be pleasant
>>
>>55267004
Dude,

Find a better place or atleast try to make more money and start a family or you will end up alone and misserably.

Family breeds happiness. You must man up and take what is yours. You are a man, arent you?

Being a porvider of your family and being the head of the family care giver, provider and giver of shelter and safety is one the greatests things a man can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgugnwDi2-o
Video a bit related .Just 2 Minutes though.
>>
File: 1439817668926.jpg (55 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1439817668926.jpg
55 KB, 480x480
Ask someone who has a Master's in Business Association who works as a cashier at McDonald's anything.
>>
>>55275245
what happened?
>>
Jokes on you, I've always believed the devaluation of the core working class and the general disdain for skilled and unskilled workers is the primary reason for our degeneration into a shitty commie filled society.
>>
>>55252940
Id rather they work and pay taxes than bullshit around and steal mine.
>>
>>55252182
lad this could not be more accurate.
I'm currently working at a fast food job while I'm at uni. There's a few people who work there all week and have done so since they were teenagers. It's beyond fucking depressing - I can't understand why they're still there. This one guy is always (almost) boasting about how long he's been there for. fucking why
>>
Fully automated fastfood could've been done years ago but people actually wanted the human element

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmXLqImT1wE
>fresh meat, no frozen patties
>machine slices and toasts bun
>ordering methods have recently been adopted by a few restaurants today using touchscreen

Fast forward to today, the 'human' element has gone to shit, it's totally worthless and people want robots again
>>
File: download (2).jpg (67 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
67 KB, 500x654
>>55251307
I once decided to spend free time working at a Panera Bread.

Night Workers
>50% are entitled high schoolers with shitty attitudes and did drugs 24/7
>High school drop out who gets high off of everything and swears this year he'll get a GED
>Hippy who's stuck there forever, realizes it, and has learned to live with it
>Drug dealer

Morning
>Nice lady who works two jobs. Just came from a shitty background and college wasn't an option at all
>Mean older lady whose story I don't know
>Drug dealer
>Drop out from my uni who did Studio Art and was supporting a GF through culinary school (she dumped him the moment she finished)
>Legal Mexican trying to gather enough money to help support a family
>Couple of high school drop outs

Also most of them couldn't be asked to do anything right.

DESU Senpai, a lot of the customers were really shitty, self-centered, and uppity as fuck with no level of patience.
>>
>>55274595
>snobby teenager

Most fast food employees are people who picked art or journalism degrees.
>>
>>55251307
Why do organic vending machines deserve any respect?
I'm actually thinking about investing in an automat just to send the message that we had the technology 50 years ago to remove the fast food worker profession
>>
>>55251307
I do. All teenagers working their first couple of jobs with determination and respect to the customers deserve my respect.
>>
Why do we not tip them pol?

Why does every other sector of the food and catering industry get tips aside from fast food?
>>
>>55253058
$19.50 total?
>>
>>55251307
Because I am one and I know we don't deserve more than what we are payed
>>
>>55278276
Pussy, I eat fast food almost every day. And every time I drive around to tell them they forgot something even if they didn't, cause fuck those corporations and fuck those lazy kids. My parents didn't work their ass off for me to have some shitty meal at McDonald's made by idiots. Fuck this country.
>>
>>55276976
>Drop out from my uni who did Studio Art and was supporting a GF through culinary school (she dumped him the moment she finished)

Haha, jokes on her. Culinary schools are huge rip-ofs

I hope she enjoys prepping onions for low pay.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (30 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
30 KB, 290x200
>>55251307
>respect fast food
This fucking food deserves respect. It's been shit upon for far too long. Yes, it's bad for you, it's loaded with toxic preservatives, polydimethylsiloxane, and other obvious biohazards. The "beef" is made of pink slime, the chicken is simply ground-up baby chickens.

But despite all this, like a Shawneequa with six kids by six baby daddies, it demands respect.

Respect fast food fool, before it fucks you up. You don't even know.

>>55251307
>fast food and min wage workers

You literally are on the very bottom rung of the employment scale, in a job that was created for high school kids. Earn my respect.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.