[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What country has had the most positive influence for ALL of humanity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 146301319.png (553 KB, 465x465) Image search: [Google]
146301319.png
553 KB, 465x465
What country has had the most positive influence for ALL of humanity throughout the ENTIRE sweep of recorded human history? I want this to be a civil discussion with NO faggotry of nationalist bias, NO memes and NO shit-posting (I know, I know). Let's be fair and honest in this thread, so if there's a country that you don't like but you still think that it's had the most positive influence for ALL of humanity in ALL of known human history, then swallow your pride and mention that country. For me, it's Greece (and by Greece, I basically mean Ancient Greece) for these reasons:

* Science has its origins in Ancient Greece via Thales of Miletus, who was the first person in known human history to claim natural causes for phenomena (as opposed to supernatural causes, for example because of 'gods').

* Major mathematical principles originated from Ancient Greece via Pythagoras, Diophantus of Alexandria (the father of algebra) and Euclid (the father of geometry).

* Ancient Greek colonialism paved the way for Ancient Roman colonialism, which paved the way for European colonialism in the 16th century to the mid-20th century.

* The Latin script is the most widely used script in the world today and the mother of the Latin script is the Greek script.

* History was born in Ancient Greece via Herodotus.

* Democracy comes from Ancient Greece and, back then, democracy was not the pleb-tier, so-called 'representative' bullshit we have today. The Ancient Greeks practised direct democracy because their cities usually only had a few thousand people and only adult males were considered 'citizens', so pretty much everyone had a say.

* Western philosophy, Western literature, the field of medicine, trial by jury and equality under the law all have their origin in Ancient Greece.

* Anaximander came up with a rudimentary theory of evolution millennia before Darwin was even born.

* Many words in European languages (like English, for example) are derived from the Greek language.
>>
ancient greece isnt a country ahahaaha you mong
>>
Probably great britain with industrialization and the birth of empiricism.
>>
>>55250408

But Modern Greece is, you Keknadian faggot. Shouldn't you be in jail for 'hate speech'?
>>
>>55250492

I said C-U-C-K-N-A-D-I-A-N. Stupid censorship.

>>55250480

By 'empiricism', are you referring to the modern scientific method?
>>
>>55250390
Next time say ancient hellenic city states and the likes of >>55250408 won't have a purchase for criticism.
I haven't researched enough to have an opinion but you have compelling evidence and I probably would agree with you.
>>
>>55251669

Thanks for the kind words, all the best Polishbro. :)
>>
Russia
>>
>>55252001

Besides sending the first human into space, wtf else did they achieve?
>>
Iraq (Uruk), for inventing irrigation and beer
>>
>>55253074

Beer actually originates from Iran.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 618x611) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 618x611
Alexander the Great, so ancient Macedonia. Ancient Greece was based too.

Also this is /x/ tier but I believe ancient Egyptians had ties with ayy lmaos & the pyramids were built using their technology
>>
>>55250390
Italy, without question.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.