[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your view
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Gallipoli.jpg (50 KB, 596x230) Image search: [Google]
Gallipoli.jpg
50 KB, 596x230
So /pol/ What is your view on the battle of Gallipoli?
>>
dead krauts = fine by me
>>
A failure for both France and British Empire during WWI.
(btw this is not a very discussed subject in our country, do we do not care or just hide it because of the shame ? Can't answer )
>>
>>55248519
You don't respect your own ancestors ?
Germany is sooo fucked up.
>>
>>55248578
fuck Germans, I'm a proud European.
>>
I think you should post this on /his/ and link it
>>
>>55248422
Ausfags were blon the fuck out and displayed great amounts of cowardice. Based Ottomans kicked our pathetic arses.
>>
Attaturk cuCKed us hard
>>
>>55248540
The French and British only celebrate victories and never talk about loses, it is a patriotic thing
>>
>>55248422
irrelevant fagot
>>
>>55248422
it was a nasty affair that could have been avoided if the Russians were willing to let the Greeks have Constantinople. also i would have landed somewhere else rather than risk being bottlenecked on the peninsula
>>
>>55248632
>>55248634
More British and French soldiers died in the battle, not too many Aussies did
>>
Lost the best chance we had to fully remove all kebab from Europe, sadly it was not to be.

Incidentally: Originally the French and Brits promised Russia they could have Constantinople after the war, but due to the Revolution that didn't happen.
>>
>>55248602

>im a proud european

mehmet detected

go back to turkey
>>
Churchil failed it on purpose. He was later rewarded by his masters.
Everything so long as Russia not get any support and become overtaken by bolsheviks.
It was all planes.
>>
>>55248705
>moortugal

hows that marxist revolution going?
>>
>>55248699

Allies probably would have fucked it up anyway. The actually ended up occupying Constantinople later anyway but weren't able to enforce the treaty of Sevres.
>>
The UK fucked us by landing our ships further down the coast then we were supposed to be so all we were met with was basically cliffside meets ocean.

Atrocious campaign
0/10
Would not recommend
>>
>>55248422
How many wasted life?
How many dreams did fade away?
>>
>>55248632
i bet you're a turk living in australia aren't you, faggot
>>
>>55248422
Australias fucking hammered the Turks their, fuck the Turks. But the effort was pointless because the Dardanelles campaign failed as whole. Overall pretty pointless, kind of like the entirety of the First World War
>>
File: DSCI0104.jpg (218 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCI0104.jpg
218 KB, 1024x768
>>55248422
It was somewhere else.
>>
File: Bouvet_sinking_March_18_1915.jpg (93 KB, 445x318) Image search: [Google]
Bouvet_sinking_March_18_1915.jpg
93 KB, 445x318
>>55248422

One Turkish minelayer changed history.
>>
Can a turkish anon post his opinion here ?
>>
I blame the British admirals in the royal navy that were too scared to risk there shiny ships and lost the element of suprise.
>>
File: diff au china.png (399 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
diff au china.png
399 KB, 800x600
>>55248422
if a nation's biggest military victory is a pyrrhic one, they should an hero
>>
>>55248925
I'm proud that Australians forcefully rejected numerous attempts by politicians to implement conscription here.

I would never voluntarily fight the Germans. I would rather fight side by side with them.
>>
>>55248422
It's a clusterfuck

The light side of Britain is fighting against the Ottomans, but at the same time the Dark side doesn't want the Ottomans to get rekt.

The Dark side is Zionism ensuring that Israel will be created.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.