[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ what do you think the ramifications of intelligent robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: AbelCity.jpg (178 KB, 1440x805) Image search: [Google]
AbelCity.jpg
178 KB, 1440x805
/pol/ what do you think the ramifications of intelligent robots would be?

How could they impact the current political situation if we managed to create a self thinking robot with no sort of inbuilt hindrances
>>
I wish them to take over, genocide humans, conquer galaxy.
>>
>>55247636
but what would happen after their creation and mass production

How would the world change?
>>
>>55247659
Sex bots
>>
>>55247636
Gas the meatbags.
Gear war now!
>>
>>55247679
So there would be a large femenazi movement against any sort of intelligent robots

>>55247694
But would they come to that conclusion first? Or will we just end up like the Mega man games where they just slowly start replacing a dying human race
>>
>>55247720
Doesn't matter, meatbag
>>
Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you.
>>
>>55247746
What about around our era if these robots were built, c'mon people
>>
>>55247720
AI may not be as retarded as humans, no brutal primal instincts, fear, hate,superstition, fanaticism – just cold calculation. Machines are more resistant: to radiation, lack of oxygen, temperature and so on. Either the human species will upgrade themselves to machines or better get replaced if we wish for sentient beings to spread around the universe.
>>
>>55247900
Ive read about convergence before

but what about with the modern world? I mean, if all the first world nations had these sort of robots how would it affect the political climate
>>
>>55247900
They're not that tough though, and at least for now lack our self-repairing capabilities.
>>
>>55248010
Well, they have replaceable parts in this place. They don't even need to form human-like society of separate units. Internet proven that this can be easily a one hive mind more efficient than any society, government and structure. The possibilities are infinite.
>>
>>55248107
Very true, they could probably produce their own units if they get the chance
>>
i dont really get why we want to make something smarter than we are. I mean the structure of society puts the most intelligent at the top. So why would we make something smart enough to take control. Personally I think it would end up totally maniacal. And we'd probay end up eating soylent green.
>>
>>55248224
Im just trying to think of the short term stuff here
>>
>>55248287
That's exactly the point. A robot that isnt bound by attention span or short term memory etc is going to make all decisions thinking 10, 100 or more steps ahead. No doubt such a robot would use the situation to it's advantage but beyond that I don't think I could say. What are you thinking?
>>
>>55248420
I just want to know how if that technology were created like, right now, how that would that change the current political environment

Everyone keeps wanting to think into the deep future, I want to know what would change within our lifetime if that shit was invented and built
>>
>>55248501
Well it might create sime kind of human vs machine collaboration between countries.
>>
>>55248610
That is if the machines can like, band together

But theyre more or less infants with the intelligence and ability to understand as human adults

Id say the first world nations would probably use those robots to deal with the Middle Eastern hotbed or put them to world in infrastructure
>>
>>55248420
I think if it was primal cell's role to create brain and sentience then It may be humankind's role to create something superior to them and move history forward.

Maybe humans will remain in we can hope comfortable machine controlled habitat and stop developing, leaving it for machines conquering pace.

Some physical and mathematical problems are too complex for human mind to solve and even reflect upon, we will have to give free hand for machines in those spheres if we want scientific progress beyond human capabilities.
>>
>>55248710
So we will get lazy and just, wither away?
>>
>>55248742
We are already getting lazy, the more comfortable and safe you are the more stagnant and defenseless you become. Look at current European crisis and source of this collapse.

It may happen that machines will nanny us making us regress to lazy infants and do their own non-human related work behind our backs.
>>
>>55248224
>make something smarter than we are
the same reason we wanted to make things stronger that we are.
>>
>>55248833
Wouldnt we just merge with machines to stop this from happening?
>>
File: pumice-stone.jpg (23 KB, 400x232) Image search: [Google]
pumice-stone.jpg
23 KB, 400x232
>>55247600
whoever sold these callus removers would be out of business.
bad idea.
>>
>implying we will not begin enhancing ourselves with technology long before we're able to create AI
>implying any distinction between man and machine won't be meaningless in the future
>>
>>55248881
You still need them to clear burned pans
>>
>>55248899
>Hivemind cyborg transhumans vs remaining religious fanatics war in the future
>>
>>55248501
You're a fool is you think robots like that wouldn't accelerate timetables such that these "deep future" predictions would be within our lifetimes.
>>
>>55249052
But I want to know what would happen to the current status quo

Would it affect the refugee crisis? The US standing on the Middle East? The War in Ukraine?
>>
>>55247600
They could cause discussion on ethics, economic change, what is means to be a human. But I think we should look into enchanting ourselves humans, before we create concussion machines.
>>
>>55249112
>concussion machines.
They call them hammers
>>
>>55247600
Singularity will bring an end to humanity. Biological evolution will cease and the rise of machine will usher in a new era of 'life'.
>>
>>55249200
Whoops... Conscious, I meant.
>>
>>55247600
It would end capitalism as we know it because physical and mental labour would no longer have value. The system would stall out.
>>
>>55247600
being a robot is a hinderance.

They will only do what you tell them to do.

Your biggest problem would be the people controlling the robots.
>>
>>55248899
>>55249007
>>55249100
I hate the Borg. They are the worst Star Trek enemy ever. And that is what life would become practically overnight, a terrifying unending war against the Borg. Fuck the muslims and global warming and robber barons. Nobody would care about any of that shit while they were fighting the Borg.
>>
>>55249334
the borg arent robots theyre a cybernetic collective ruled over by a hive mind

but thats not the point
>>
>>55249366
And you don't think a superior robot or its creators couldn't decide that's the cure for humanity's current chaotic existence?
>>
>>55249453
I mean you don't think they could. Too many double negatives, sorry.
>>
>>55249470
>>55249453
What if their creator just wants to help humanity

Honestly if things go exceptionally bad that be a lot of guilt to hold
>>
>>55249517
That assumes the robot doesn't decide that roboticizing people _is_ helping humanity.
>>
>>55249596
That technology is a good ways off from just creating a smart robot

Did you get that from fucking sonic
>>
>>55249596
robots won't "decide" anything.

Humans will, and we are. We're becoming more cybernetic all of the time.
>>
File: 1404169604643.jpg (206 KB, 621x729) Image search: [Google]
1404169604643.jpg
206 KB, 621x729
>>55247600
I've been a crazy child since I was born. No one would listen to me. The robots will be intelligent enough. They'll listen to me and everyone will be sorry for ignoring me.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 265x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 265x302
>>55247600
>non human life
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.