[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
64% of Americans Hate Edward Snowden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 8
File: 1445154285262.jpg (135 KB, 569x422) Image search: [Google]
1445154285262.jpg
135 KB, 569x422
So, what's wrong with America?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/04/21/edward-snowden-unpopular-at-home-a-hero-abroad-poll-finds
>>
>>55247568
We are sheep.
>>
>>55247568
> American government is evil and suppresses

> All other world governments opposed to America are good and support freedom

Snowden logic
>>
>>55247568
Were you surprised that your gubment tries to control you? I mean I know libruls call you tinfoils and other buzzwords but that's why they're libcux
>>
>>55247644

You do realize that he never claimed that, right?
>>
>>55247568
>So, what's wrong with America?
you have to ask?
>>
Aside from Americans being brainwashed into hating Russia, and therefore Putin, a lot of the public has been convinced by the government that the NSA is ok.

It used to be that the conservatives and the liberals would fight each other on issues like this. Now that both parties are controlled by Jews, they tend to feign disagreement but really unite to serve the Jewish agenda
>>
>>55247695

I wasn't surprised at all. I just expected more anger from people but they continue to buy iPhones.

>>55247716

kek. I'm just curious to see what /pol/ thinks. I already know what's wrong.
>>
I honestly can't figure this one out

I think that your average Amerigoym either doesn't understand technology/the constitution or still believed that the American government still has their best interest at heart for whatever reason
>>
The mainstream media has been attacking Snowden since the first NSA revelations. I know some people here have said he's a Russian shill, but don't forget that he's only staying in Russia because it's the only place where he's safe from the United States. Considering how unfairly other whistleblowers have been treated, I'd say it's a prudent move.

John Kiriakou was recently released from prison for informing the public about waterboarding torture by the CIA. He was the only person convicted of a crime in the entire scandal.

William Binney became a whistleblower after resigning from the NSA, after realizing the NSA's surveillance program had shifted from gathering foreign intelligence to spying on American citizens after 2001. He was later harassed by the FBI. They went as far as raiding his home, heavily armed, and confiscating possessions he had to fight in court to get back.

Thomas Drake was yet another NSA agent who exposed the agency's programs on warrantless electronic surveillance. After the disclosure, he was indicted on several charges. It was only after his trial became a widespread public affair that the government dropped the series charges in return for him pleading guilty to a lesser charge.

Thomas Tamm also helped expose the warrantless surveillance program. Like Binney, he was also harassed by the FBI and was raided.

Journalists who have reported on these leaks have also been harassed. Some have relocated outside of the US so they could actually work on reporting these stories unimpeded.
>>
File: 1446833649505.png (96 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
1446833649505.png
96 KB, 242x251
>>55247568
Good, he gave state secrets away and fled to Russia and China. Fuck him

The only people who like Snowden are 15 year old Internet anarchists.
>>
>>55247644
The fact is, this posters opinion is what Americans believe. They've been convinced that criticizing the NSA is criticizing America. So only the libkeks who hate America criticize the NSA.
>>
> Fifty-six percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 34 have a positive opinion of Snowden.

I imagine it's just an age gap thing. Older people might not care about tech privacy as much as younger people do.
>>
File: 1402027494773.jpg (22 KB, 459x278) Image search: [Google]
1402027494773.jpg
22 KB, 459x278
>>55247779

>B R I T K U C K
>>
>>55247698
His little fuckoff fanbois do tough, you know the ones that jerk off to Putin and watch RT

The only ones who should jerk to Putin are Russians living in Russia
>>
>>55247791

This is likely as well
>>
>>55247812
>be canuk
>have a teenage prime minister

dank weed 420
>>
>>55247860

I've never seen anyone claim that. Also there is no such thing as a good government in this world, only lesser evils. And sorry, but the USA and UK are up there. Russia is at least bombing ISIS instead of pretending to for a year and a half.
>>
>>55247902

>Be britkuck
>Be conquered by Allah

Sharia is coming! Next Stop: BUCKINGHAM PALACE! lel
>>
>>55247860
This t b h f a m.

The funny thing is that /pol/tards don't realize that Jewden and his faggot enabler (Greenwald) is used as propaganda to undermine and guil trip (white) americans even more.
>>
>>55247568

Back in 2013 I considered Edward Snowden a hero.

But reading up on him and especially his closest associates like Glenn Greenwald you begin to see how much of their motives are based on western self-hatred.

Slowly you realize how he has become a Russian asset to tear up US-European relations. It's not a coincidence that he ended up in Russia.

There exists a special breed of libertarians who dislike western nation states so much that they are no different from SJWs who advocate for open borders and military disarmament.

Edward Snowden is such a libertarian. These kek libertarians are no friend of us.
>>
>>55247978

What the fuck are you on about icantplaysoccertosavemyownlife?
>>
>>55247779
>being this keked

It's okay if your government watches you wipe your arse, right?
>>
When the world has an opinion America always has a different opinion, what the hell is wrong with America do they just want to be different?
>>
>>55248026

I think he might like being watched..
>>
>>55248011
Greewald uses Snowden as evidence that americans are evil and that sandniggers dindu nuffin.

How you can defend this fucker is beyond me.
>>
>Do you know who this person is?
>Do you know what they did?
>Do you know how their actions ultimately affected people?
>Do you understand their reasons for their actions?
>Have you read more than 5 articles on this subject since the news broke?
>Can you approximate in your own words 5 memorable things this person has said or written themselves?
>Does most of your information on this subject come from discussing headlines and soundbytes with friends, family and coworkers?
>How often do these discussions involve that person's appearance and demeanor?
>>
>>55248005
>These kek libertarians are no friend of us.

I wrote "C*CK" not "K*EK".

Is ½chan really censoring "C*CK"?
>>
>Mr. TV says "X is true"
>Americans believe X is true

That's what's wrong with America.
>>
>>55248119

He exposed rampant government surveillance which violate the constitution and international law. The Five Eyes spied on your energy minister, gathers people private data and so much more. They can access your phones camera and have a live feed of you, or access your microphone and listen to personal, private conversations. You think this is ok?

This has nothing to do with Muslims or your stupid identity politics. This all has to do with privacy and civil liberties. Fuck you, you dumb fucking waste of life.

>>55248203

Yes, K U C K is no longer allowed to be spelled with a C
>>
>>55248203

Also it's just on /pol/ other boards are fine
>>
>>55248229
We already knew about all of those things.

Besides what is to you canadian fucker?

Greewald and Snowden are used to push white guilt and blame americans for all the problems in the world.
>>
>>55248295

>We already knew those things

No we didn't. Those who talked about it were labelled retarded tinfoil conspiracy theorists. Now, there is evidence and it's fact.

>What is it to you

The fact that my country is involved in the Five Eyes and carries out warrantless surveillance. How fucking thick are you?

>hurr muh white guilt.

Is that all you can scream about? You're fucking Brazilian. Your grandmother probably fucked a Native and now you have a inferiority complex. Fuck off. Or go to Argentina and get me some dulce de leche. That's all you're good for, dumb waste of oxygen.
>>
>>55247920
>I've never seen anyone claim that. Also there is no such thing as a good government in this world, only lesser evils. And sorry, but the USA and UK are up there.

evil and good are subjective. im under the assumption that governments should be run in a way that does not include ethics or morality seriously into its policies
>>
the guy is a total retard. who cares.
>>
>>55248462

>im under the assumption that governments should be run in a way that does not include ethics or morality seriously into its policies

Aaaaand into the trash it goes. Then again, I guess I can't expect much from a kuck being conquered by Islam
>>
>>55248229
I bet you attended occupy protests as well

lmao

le anarchism!!!
>>
>be american
MUH FREEDOM FREEDOOM USA USA USA

>looks at statitics
amerca ranked 30th on the freedom list

top kek
>>
>>55247568

traitor
>>
>>55248537

Never attended occupy, I think the protests were dumb as shit.

And I'm not an anarchist, but I don't think anarchism is what you think it is.

>>55248554

A traitor why? He proves that your government was violating the bill of rights. If anyone are traitors, it's your government. Don't you love freedom? So why are you against a man who exposed those who are trying to take it away from you?
>>
>>55248530
>Aaaaand into the trash it goes. Then again, I guess I can't expect much from a kuck being conquered by Islam

history has shown that maintaining a realist policy has been most beneficial Mr liberturdian
>>
>>55248554
>muh le goverment is stealing my human rights
Le BIN SNOWDEN TRAITOR :DDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>55248607
>He proves that your government was violating the bill of rights

[citation needed]
>>
>>55248209
This. So Much this
>>
>>55248615
top kek anglo faggot, nsa and MI6 are literally partners since the ww2, thats why you buy plastic knifes with ID's

>anglos
>human rights
>>
>>55248644
4th amendment, searching without a warrant.
>>
>>55248005
Hit the nail on the head bro

Whether you're against the EU or NATO or not, it's a fact that Russia's primary policy is firstly the dismantling of NATO, and any sort of united structure in Europe.
>>
>>55248644

Violates the 4th amendment

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/27/nsa-surveillance-program-illegal-aclu-lawsuit
>>
He talks about breach of privacy by u.s. on u.s. citizens and then flees to russia where such breaches of privacy are even more expansive lol I feel like he just wanted to be famous and probably many others do too
>>
>>55248704
>top kek anglo faggot, nsa and MI6 are literally partners since the ww2

The NSA was created in 1952
>>
>>55248729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6JnhPbHCQ

>anglos
>human
>>
>>55248737

>Are even more expansive

Not really. And he fled there because it's where he'd be safe. You think if he went to Venezuela the CIA wouldn't get him?
>>
>>55248733
>the ACLU says..

Into le trash
>>
>>55248785

ahahahahah
>>
>>55247644
>American government is evil and oppressive
>Snowden was wrong to expose this in broad daylight

Republican logic
>>
>>55248737
Western countries were off limits to him because they're all USA's bitches, Russia was one of the few options he had. If he hadn't fled he'd be in some CIA prison being tortured or something.
>>
>>55248785
>implying im not a unicorn
>>
>>55248814

>American Civil Liberties Association

How thick are you? I think you skipped the civil liberties part. When it comes to examining laws which violate a persons liberty, an organizing which specifically stands up for liberty is about as good as it gets. How stupid are you?

>>55248862

This.
>>
File: 1329589782513.jpg (75 KB, 900x727) Image search: [Google]
1329589782513.jpg
75 KB, 900x727
>Polls can reflect whatever the pollster wants them to

Frank Luntz

http://www.pewresearch.org/methodology/u-s-survey-research/frequently-asked-questions/ (lying)

http://cstl-cla.semo.edu/rdrenka/Renka_papers/polls.htm

http://ivn.us/2014/01/08/statistics-dont-lie-people-science-political-polling/

https://books.google.com/books?id=uevXAQAAQBAJ&pg=PA124&lpg=PA124&dq=polls+can+reflect+whatever+the+pollster+wants&source=bl&ots=vUiBDG2unx&sig=yajbUuZlEq4O0nyfLwh0nweS4V4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFMQ6AEwCWoVChMIn-e6wPeAyQIVAegmCh3lkgMS#v=onepage&q=polls%20can%20reflect%20whatever%20the%20pollster%20wants&f=false

>New Poll Shows 60 Percent of Americans Favore <Whatever>

The poll only shows that the media is once again being the audio visual club of the democratic party and big government in an attempt to support and unconstitutional and anti-American program.

Protip: When you read a poll, take it as entertainment, not fact.
>>
>>55248889

organization*

>>55248918

You do have a point but let's face it. A lot of Americans are backwards.
>>
>>55248802

>Not really

there's no point in talking to you about this. it isn't even up for debate. Russia is worse when it comes to privacy violations and worse still when it comes to censorship. Snowden gives mixed signals by fleeing there
>>
>>55249034

Russia doesn't have domestic and international surveillance programs to the degree that the USA does. I'm not saying that Russia is a good country full of liberties, it's pretty corrupt and yeah there are privacy violations too. But the USA is far worse. And when it comes to censorship, haha give me a break. The the US media will never report on anything that those in power don't want.
>>
Snowden is a faggot who should be shot.
All he has done is give out info he has no idea about because he never read it all.

Name one fucking country that isn't doing the same shit to everyone around the world.
But the retards who support this traitorous faggot would just prefer that only our country would stop while everyone else will still keep doing it.
>>
>>55248862

>he'd be tortured

no he wouldn't because he's a huge deal to the media, they'd be checking up on him constantly and torture would undermine obama's administration. Snowden is simply being a pussy and it's undermined his message substantially.
>>
>>55249157

>Name one fucking country that isn't doing the same shit to everyone around the world.

Switzerland.
>>
Americans are besides Turks one of the most nationalist people.

The regular American (the ones that don't know what Denmark is or ask which state Amsterdam is) rather doesn't hear about the 'bad' truths about their country. The only thing they got going for them is the tought that Murica is the only ''free'' and ''best'' country in the world.
>>
Hi NSA shills!
I really >3 your brilliant organization!
Thanks for culturally enriching this board with your enlightened observations!
I bask in your glory, and affirm that freedom is slavery! Knowledge is ignorance! May the precious beams of your enlightening wisdom penetrate our bedarkened souls!1!
You are worth every cent of the $50/hr you get paid to troll 4chan!
May you be praised to heaven! NSA Akbar!
>>
>>55249137

You are delusional.

Putin's administration has access to every piece of data that goes through Russian servers.

also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Service_for_Supervision_in_the_Sphere_of_Telecom,_Information_Technologies_and_Mass_Communications

what is u.s. equivalent of this?
>>
>>55249168
They wouldn't be able to check up on him if they didn't know where he was.
And anyway, he'd get life in prison at the very least.
>>
>>55247568

Most people are retarded and dont know who he is, so they probably told them "The guy that leaked defense secrets" or w.e and then he gets a negative view.
>>
>>55249214
Prove it without a doubt?
If they have a spy agency and it was secret I doubt you would ever be able to prove it.

Unless they have a faggot name Snowden in their agency as well.
>>
>>55249263

>they didn't know where he was

yeah sure, that wouldn't be suspicious at all and cause a raucous by his supporters.

>life in prison

And? Leaking state secrets deserves less?
>>
>>55249246
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Service_for_Supervision_in_the_Sphere_of_Telecom,_Information_Technologies_and_Mass_Communications

>overseeing compliance with the law protecting the confidentiality of personal data being processed;

>>55249298
>>55249298

Burden of proof is on you, ya dumb fatfuck
>>
>>55249246
Leave the Ruskie shill/useful idiot alone
>>
File: 1432433761234.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1432433761234.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>55249342

>Calling other people useful idiots
>Follows his leader blindly

I truly am moved by your stupidity.
>>
>>55249298
Ah so, 'they all do it' is the defense

Also, why monitor law abiding folk? Has one terrorist attack been stopped by this mass surveillance? Or really has proper surveillance been hindered by the mass of unnecessary data? If you don't think people can be (and probably are) be blackmailed by this data (including data on its own citizens) you are an uebercuk and deserve everything you get, lardburgler
>>
>>55249320
He's a whistleblower, he risked his highly paid job and comfy life to expose a dangerous program that was infringing on the rights of his people. He deserves a fucking reward not life in prison.
Shame Americans are too fat and stupid to appreciate him properly.
>>
>>55249412
Iran, lol

The fact is that spy agencies have become states within states, and cannot be challenged except by extremely courageous politicians and groups. And these are pretty thin on the ground
>>
>>55248997

>a lot of americans are backwards

I think it would be more accurate to say a lot of people (around the world) are gullible.

Peer pressure is a powerful tool around the world, peer pressure is the whole point of polls, it's supposed to show confirmation bias.
>>
What some people don't understand is that Americans expect and are constitutionally guaranteed these freedoms. In other countries, this is not the case.

That is why some Americans who haven't been keked hate the NSA. Others, who are keks, hate the NSA because they think it will weaken the govt. I like to think that Snowden is the former type, but Greenwald is probably the latter type
>>
>>55249339
>Burden of proof is on you

No fucking faggot it's on you, you brought them up now prove it faggot.

>>55249379
None of that matters it still doesn't change the fact all of them is doing it.
There is no way to know what they have found out using such shitty methods but I'm not really talking about surveillance of citizens of your country but of foreign countries.

We you faggots get your countries to drop their surveillance programs then come back and talk shit, Abbo fuck.
>>
While I am firmly opposed to the surveillance state, guys like Snowden and Assange seem like self righteous narcissists, pale sickly looking dweebs with a fedora to tip. In spite of what their leaks may have accomplished for the good (if anything), they're still shady characters with questionable motives. I feel as if they could have gone about things with a little more tact. Or a lot more.
>>
>>55249568

But really, a lot of Americans, a good 70%, are spineless chattel that develop their world view through the propaganda that is fed them.
>>
>>55247568
Well, what's wrong with america? The cattle is acting as expected of it.
>>
>>55249339
The Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications does more than just it's mission statement. It's like a mix of the FCC and a censorship bureau
>>
They think their superior and think they don't need to change.
>>
File: 1402782347173.png (520 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1402782347173.png
520 KB, 800x600
> the NSA violates the bill of rights to spy on U.S. citizens, secretly
> Snowden gives up everything to tell the public
> the public is mad at Snowden

yeah this country is fucking retarded

we should have imprisoned the people responsible for the NSA spying program
>>
>>55247568
They're smart enough to tell the difference between a traitor and a whistleblower?

Whistleblower = Leaks data anonymously via TOR, giving it to several news sites, and dumping it on places like 4chan and Reddit incase the MSM doesn't run with it. Remains anonymous, and melds back into the shadows.

Traitor = Goes to Russia, publicly announces the data he has, and lets Russian intelligence services selectivley release it, to cause maximum damage to the USA.

Snowden would be a hero, albeit an unkown one, if he fell into the first category. He's a traitor though.
>>
>>55249759

Like i said

>>55249219

Too ignorant for their shit
>>
>>55249782
Yeah because it's totally possible to post anything online without being traced.

Snowden did the right thing coming out publicly with it, but like you said, and I agree, the Russia shit is no good.
>>
>>55247568
The media landscape of the US is a disaster, so getting his message out was almost impossible.

The media in the UK is similarly craptastic, but at least we have anti-Americanism to make it commercially worthwhile to print his story.

Snowden did his best, but in the long run we are all dead. The power unleashed by mass surveillance will not be - cannot be - used responsibly forever. The small window of opportunity to shut it down has been lost (and may not have ever existed - it's not just the NSA, but Google, Facebook, etc, engaging in it for sane business reasons.)

I cannot come up with a suitable ending phrase to encompass the utter hopelessness I foresee for the individual in our upcoming future. In the best case, they will be provided too many hedonistic pleasures and distractions to realize they are trapped in a gilded cage.
>>
>>55249885
If he stayed in America he would have been sent straight to jail and you americans would say the government did right.
He went to Russia because he knew they wouldn't give him to Obama
>>
>>55247568
I'm suprised not all Americans hate him. It's one thing to whistleblow, it's another to take as many classified files you can and flee to rival countries.

He's a traitor who wanted fame and recognition.
>>
>>55249885
Ok, i'm kinda blown

I think snowden acted like an anarchist, which wasn't nessicarly BAD, but he DID need russia's protection to not get killed in the middle of the night

I think maybe portugalor another pro-free speech 3rd world country would have been better
>>
File: BoehnerCuckservative.png (525 KB, 450x662) Image search: [Google]
BoehnerCuckservative.png
525 KB, 450x662
>>55249298
There's a big difference between spying on other countries and spying illegally on your own citizens. Don't be such a kek

Pic related, it's you
>>
>>55249995

Some South American countries offered him asylum. But let's face it. The CIA would have ripped their shit apart. Russia is a comparable superpower. Snowden did the right thing by going there.
>>
>>55248918
Pretty good Yes Prime Minister bit on that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA
>>
who gives a fuck? really? i havent met one person who isnt a reddit-holic that gives one iota of a shit about edward snowden.

everything he released the public w an iq above 100 already knew. thabks for literally nothing eddy!
>>
>>55249782
>Implying that returning to the shadows is possible after a leak like that
>>
>>55250055
Does the BBC still make this kind of stuff or are they completely kucked?
>>
>>55250064
There's a big difference between "already knowing" something and having govt docs to prove it. Now the left can't call us tinfoil hats anymore
>>
I think a lot of posters itt are making a false dichotomy. It could be that Snowden did the right thing for the wrong reasons. He seems to be a man of poor character, and people are responding to that more than the issue at hand, which is understandable. People are also responding to his lionization through social media. Shit is annoying.
>>
>>55248822

literally nothing the NSA is doing isn't being done by every other intelligence agency on the planet that has the technological capabilities to do so.

the biggest problem with what he did was exposing foreign intelligence operations and collection methods and basically becoming a pawn of Russian propaganda

also it completely skewed the debate on privacy and promoted a lot of misconceptions about what NSA is actually collecting on Americans.
>>
>>55250230
I am well aware of what the NSA is collecting on Americans. And it's totally unconstitutional.

1. Other countries don't do all of the illegal things we do (like spy on allies and our own citizens)

2. Other countries don't have a constitution explicitly protecting their citizen's rights to privacy

Your argument is invalid
>>
>>55247568

A majority of Americans do exactly as they're told with no questions asked.

So many of them are under thumb of the US Government that they would betray their own countrymen for the interest of the Government; about as un-American a thing as could ever be. Some of those people are in this very thread, labeling him a traitor, stating he should be hanged.

The reality is, those people are traitors. To their country, to their people. Anybody defending the US Federal Government in betraying its citizens is a bastard and should be strung up for betraying the ideals of the founding fathers who would be rolling in their graves to see the power the Federal Gov currently has. US was never meant to be that way.

Hey, though, at least they get to feel Patriotic bootlicking the NSA while they sell their own countrymen up the river. Fucking traitors.
>>
>>55250178
i dont give enough of a shit to care about tbe guy that released it. if the nsa want to watch me jerk off that bad they should have just asked and made it easier fof all parties involved
>>
>>55247568
Americans see disagreeing with anything your government does as treason.

And they call us cücks...
>>
>>55250376

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAuXuxD0Oo
>>
>>55250327
i agree but spying on other countries is not something he should have disclosed, thats the only treasonous act there. everyone spies on eachother, not everyone has fucking stasi policing their own citizens though
>>
>>55250389
Sadly this is true. It is largely because leftists love to criticize America and try to tear it down. Conservatives overcompensate by refusing to condemn the government. When they both agree on something like this, the people get keked
>>
>>55250376
you are posting on a hatespeech website citizen, prepare to be sent to reeducation camp
>>
>>55250118
Seems perfectly possible.

Get Tails (TOR based OS that loads off a memory stick), buy a burner netbook with cash, find a place a few hours drive away that has a)no cameras, b)free internet

Upload data to several places, or, for extra security, only give it to wikileaks.

Destroy burner laptop and drive home.

Even in the very unlikley event that the feds somehow manage to get through a TOR connection, they trail still stops cold at some public establishment (say a coffeeshop) that offers free wifi.

It may be expensive and time consuming, but it's a surefire way to not get party V&.
>>
>>55250373
>>55250389
It's because Snowden is defended by borish self righteous wanks who blurg the night away saying shit like "Americans are [insert derogatory generalization]! Muh constitution!"

Just shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>55250582

>I bootlick the NSA because someone I dont like said something with their freedom of speech that I dont like

Get lynched traitor.
>>
Because they're not true patriots.

America ≠ NSA. The sooner more people realize that the NSA is an unconstitutional agency, the better off we can be.

A real American has pride in their homeland and defends the documents upon which this country was founded upon. Our government is not truly American anymore, it's the puppet of the super elite, mega corporation, banks, and foreign interest among other things.

Our government is too large and corrupt as hell, it has far exceeded the boundaries which where put in place to prevent tyranny.

>>55247728
A lot of Americans are being dumbed down by materialism and entertainment. People don't care about things that matter anymore. Only when you see people engage in activism it's for a trivial and controlled cause.
>>
>>55250428
I agree in some instances about keeping secret the spying on other countries. But spying on other countries for them so they can technically deny responsibility is wrong.

"Documents leaked by Snowden in 2013 revealed that the FVEY have been spying on one another's citizens and sharing the collected information with each other in order to circumvent restrictive domestic regulations on surveillance of citizens"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes
>>
>>55250523
You seriously underestimate the technological and brute force power of the United States govt. Tor has already been compromised by the FBI to catch child pornographers
>>
>>55250685
And again, this is that false dichotomy I was talking about. I'm opposed to the NSA. But myself and other people are responding to how Snowden and his defenders conduct themselves, and you conduct yourselves as attention grabbing moralists with no sense of decorum. And what has been accomplished by these leaks remains ambiguous.
>>
>>55250523
I agree that it sounds pretty safe, but nothing can keep you safe with a leak like that. The government wanted him dead and didn't care how it happened. They were planning to intercept his flights to South America
>>
>>55250582

This is exactly what I was talking about here: >>55250474

And apparently others too
>>55250685
>>55250845
>>
>>55250845

>But myself and other people are responding to how Snowden and his defenders conduct themselves

Nobody cares about how you conduct yourself or think you should be arrested for it. Irrelevant argument, nobody cares, that's some liberal feminist shit to bring your emotions on whether or not you "like someone" into a legal discussion of whether what Snowden did was treason, get lynched.

>And what has been accomplished by these leaks remains ambiguous.

It proved that you can wave tyranny right in American publics face and they won't give a shit. The Constitution is basically just a beer coaster in 2015.
>>
Just because I'm in favor of the constitution and severely limiting the government's power, doesn't mean I have to treat Edward Snowden as a hero. Snowden seems like a weasely faggot, and those that support him and proclaim him as a hero sound as ideologically driven as sjws and ancaps. You're hurting your own cause just to broadcast to everyone that you're on the right side of history. Fuck off.
>>
Honestly Snowden lacks charisma. His personality grates.
>>
>>55250162
SORT OF
>>
>>55249667

I think there are a lot of idiots that get their political and world views from professional clowns like Jon Stewart, but they're dying down, people are losing faith in leftism. Here in the states, we have Tea Party members picking up seats from democrats and republicans. People are largely waking up and rejecting mainstream media opinions. In Europe, countries that allow citizens to own guns are watching firearm sales spike as Europeans brace for the Muslim invasion. Global warming is being exposed for a joke and tax con as satellite images show ice levels growing exponentially concurrent with computer models being proven utterly wrong.

It's an exciting time to be alive, people are waking up.
>>
>>55250523
>thinking you can get away with information leaks at that level

fleeing to Russia was about the only thing he could have done to avoid being keked hard in prison, dancing to the tune that his Russia masters give him now is the price he pays for staying alive.
>>
>>55250880
Except it can, and it would. Regardless of how magical you think the government is, they have extremely limited power.

Also is that the excuse he gave for why he went to fucking russia and china instead of south america? And people buy that? Nope, he clearly wasn't selling military secrets, it's just a coincidence.
>>
>>55250997
>nobody cares
Apparently they do. Which is why the majority in America opooses the NSA but still think Snowden is a bell's end.
>"like someone" into a legal discussion
The OP is about Snowden and what they think of him, not a legal discussion.
>get lynched
This is part of why people hate Snowden - he's defended by people like you.
>wave tyranny right in everyones face
Yeah, but what has this accomplished?
>they don't give a shit
And as a person who does give a shit, what have you done about it? Oh right, the same as everyone else. So what have these leaks accomplished again?
>>
>>55247568
Snowden leaked a lot of data that had no bearing on any of the shit he said he wanted to discuss and did nothing but hurt US prospects overseas.

That's why Americans don't like him. Sure, he blew the whistle on important shit but he also acted like a spiteful child and fucked up a bunch of US operations overseas.
>>
>>55251747
>implying that Ameriobeses know that Snowden actually leaked anything harmful and that they are not blindlly listening to the liars in your media who tells them what to think.
>>
>>55247568
>irritating, smug egotistical idiot breaks the law.
>being surprised when it turns out the general population doesn't particularly like irritating, smug egotistical idiots who break the law.
>>
>>55251747
Yeah. He 'hurt' operations. Pretty much all of these reports of snowden 'hurting' operations come from directors of intelligence, who will definitely lie to get their way, or british papers taking the word of 'anonymous government sources' at face value with NO investigation into whether or not they are true. The media does not actually investigate anymore. If the government says something, they report it as fact, no questions asked.
>>
>>55247568
The media. Same media that tells Americans that Kim Kardashian is important, same media that swept SOPA/TPP under the rug, same media that thinks the private lives of celebrities matter.
>>
Basically this >>55248005 and >>55251747

He didn't do it purely out of a motivation for us to see what the truth is. He could have taken a different route if that were the case. His libertarian isolationist views are what pushed him to do it. The truth is everyone spies on everyone. Snowden just pulled down America's pants before running away by route of China to Russia. So while he exposed us to the world and compromised both the good and bad work the NSA does, he also diminished the influence we have abroad and went through two of our biggest rivals to accomplish it.
>>
>>55247568
zionists succeeded in creating new israel in which they have full control over both economy and public consensus, now they have a massive beast called USA that they can make rear it's ugly head in any direction they like
>b-but it's not the fault of the honest american people
>>
>>55251747
well after blowing open the valves on NSA american citizens did absolutely jack shit about it, noe THAT would make anyone hate their country and their own fellow people
>>
Judging by this thread, I would guess Snowden is favored by the mentally ill.
>>
>>55252033
And we are better off for it. Now instead of handing every bit of info you have straight to the nsa and gchq, companies encrypt their data before sending it over international fiber. The EU has also basically said that safe harbor laws do not count for the US, so bullshit like TTIP and TISA are dead on arrival.
>>
>>55247568
I don't believe the poll. They didn't ask me.

maybe if they reversed the percentages I.e 40% disapprove it'd be more believable.
>>
>>55252305
Internally our data is more secure. But America's image abroad has been damaged and security has taken a hit. This factors into conversations around issues like Chinese hackers stealing American intellectual property and all the non-civilian related military stuff that he leaked along with the information about internal spying. The whole world uses these programs; Putin said as much when explaining why he was harboring Snowden. But now that the details of ours are out it just means we don't have much of a leg to stand on when the way other counties spy impact our interests and that programs which were effective for military purposes need to be changed/scrapped entirely since they have been fully leaked.
>>
File: 1446942925209.jpg (97 KB, 1021x448) Image search: [Google]
1446942925209.jpg
97 KB, 1021x448
>>55247568
Fugn libruls.
>>
>disliking Snowden for his dweeby appearance and personality

Holy fuck he's just a human

It's like you guys won't accept a whistleblower unless he's a 6'5 Ryan goesling lookalike who rubs your shoulders and jerks you off as he whispers state secrets in your ear
>>
>>55250178
>the left
It's unreasonable to consider surveillance a left-right issue. Both the right and left have substantial portions of people who will defend it.

It's a dichotomy between liberty and security, or perhaps to an extent on the further left-wing side of things, equality and security. (The security services almost certainly aren't gender balanced or racially balanced, so a case can be made that straight white men are going to do bad things like look at nude pictures of women or racially profile people - I'm almost certain the former has already been confirmed with NSA agents passing photos around the office.)

>>55250428
>everyone spies on eachother
In the western world, we shouldn't accept this line of reasoning. One of the tricks I believe the NSA has used is to have GCHQ spy on American citizens and NSA spy on British ones - then the two can pass data between one another while technically they avoid spying on their own people.

In a world of 'globalization', we can't have any stasi if we want freedom. We should only spy on our enemies.
>>
>>55247568
bullshit poll or contrived sample of boomers
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.