[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did we end slavery? I'm sure there were debates and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: mfwnotinafricaanymore.png (441 KB, 760x407) Image search: [Google]
mfwnotinafricaanymore.png
441 KB, 760x407
Why did we end slavery?

I'm sure there were debates and arguments for and against more than just "I feel bad about it" and "you're a faggot no one cares about your feelings".

As far as I know the English were the first to pull the plug. Did they think that it was bad to have black people living anywhere except Africa?
>>
The great kek Abe Lincoln could only win his folly war by insisting it was for some bullshit moral cause, he chose slavery.
>>
The English banned slavery back in the 11th century or something. Niggers didn't exist back then.
>>
>>55244991
Economic reason, to create a new demand and make they buy the supply while maintaining them in a weaker socio-economic position without real politic power
>>
>>55245157
elaborate
>>
>>55245242

He already did. Are you stupid?

>>55244991

Did you forget that your president is black?
>>
Slavery was a mistake, not even white culture. Slavery was inducted in white culture by the africans when the portuguese arouse in the continent and slavery was the top economics for the africans monarchies, when the slavery got down in the ocident, these reigns entered in a downfall from hell, and in some places like Madagascar still has slavery
>>
>>55245157
Oh boy, it's 2015 and we still need to read these garbage theories?
>>
>>55244991
SLAVERY WAS ENDED IN ORDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR MODERN SLAVERY
>>
>>55245242
You give the nig-nog some cheap money for its work (nearly nothing, but hey that's something) and in addition you give him freedom, but not much he still have many obligation to his mast— employer.
He is now able to buy products, thus the demand is growing. And if there's a growth of the demand, there should be a growth in the supply, thus the GDP (even if it wasn't used at that time) or the wealth of the area will increase.
Thus they'll become stronger on both economic and politic scales.

An interesting example is Martinique, you should read Texaco written by Patrick Chamoiseau (although I don't know if there's any english translation).
>>
>>55245551
Oh boy, slavery was ended in 2015???
Get historic por fa.
>>
>>55245561
- This
>>
>>55245687
Slavery never ended. But ocidental slavery ended not because these nonsense, it was by far one of the most important sectors in English economics, dr. Seymour Drescher well documented that
>>
>>55245665
so pretty much just like every white person at the time and even right now?

what you said is the most plausible explanation but I hope you weren't trying to convince us that muh niggas be oppressed by da evul white man
>>
>>55244991
The Proclamation was made to prevent Britain from joining the South. That is the only reason it was made at the time it happened.

Nothing more that politics to defeat the South.
>>
>>55245121
The number one reason given by the southern Democrats for attempting to leave the union was slavery rights.
>>
>>55245882
Well UK wasn't the only State practicing slavery bro, and a strong domestic market can make a great weapon. Nevertheless thank you for the salsa I'll check that out!
>>55245972
From what I know that was more like a caste system
- Possessor of capital / administrators (whities)
- Europeans
- Native from conquested lands but of European blood
- Mulatos
- Indigeneous People / Africans
So as long as you're superior to someone you don't go too much agains't the system even if it's unequal.
And if you're at the lowest point of the social hierarchy you better get strong arguments (like armed force) or stfu.

But I mostly read about Martinique's end of slavery and only know basic stuff about it in general so I might be wrong on some levels.
>>
>>55244991

Industrial revolution
>>
Industrial revolution. Slaves are not efficient consumer ,workers does. Pretty sure you can produce for cheaper with slaves but if nobody is able to buy your product it serves no purpose.

In other words : good goys
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.