[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is literally nothing wrong with mass surveillance with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: THERESA-MAY.jpg (45 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
THERESA-MAY.jpg
45 KB, 620x387
There is literally nothing wrong with mass surveillance with judicial oversight to combat terrorism.

Common meme arguments:

>Terrorists will use VPNs
Correct, but the average Ahmed who terrorists aim to recruit do not have the slightest clue about technology.

>It is an invasion of privacy
It is just the meta data like IP addresses you've connected to, and if it helps prevent terrorism it's worth it.
>>
>>55242249
>and if it helps prevent terrorism it's worth it.

No it's not
>>
>>55242249
>It is just the meta data

yeah the GCHQ is collecting more than just metadata
>>
>>55242249
They plug all that metadata into quantum computers with minority report accuracy.

Pre-crime is here. The military is WAY beyond public sector tech.
>>
>>55242249
>It is just the meta data like IP addresses you've connected to, and if it helps prevent terrorism it's worth it.
It's message content, actually.

There is no judicial oversight.
It is the same system that the NSA have, in which the judge approves the request 99% of times.
It is the same system that the government has illegally been using for the past few years. 500,000 people were tracked with judicial oversight last year.
>>
>>55242249
when's this cunt going to get lee rigby'd?
>>
Invasions of privacy are ...problematic..., the real issue is taboo. Keeping up appearances, the arrogance and overconfidence of professionalism, meanwhile the spy is lured in by the honeypot as the enemies become better magicians.
>>
>>55242249
There is literally nothing right with mass surveillance with judicial oversight to combat terrorism.

Common meme arguments:

>Terrorists won't use VPNs
Wrong, the average Ahmed who terrorists aim to recruit can read a document that explains the easy process of using the internet through a VPN service.

>If it prevents terrorism then it's worth it
baka desu senpai, give me liberty or give me death
>>
File: 1432155498148.gif (3 MB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
1432155498148.gif
3 MB, 291x300
>>55242249
>tfw there are people kucked enough to agree with this
>>
>>55242249
who's to say they won't use it to root out political dissidents? in fact, they most likely will
>>
The English are faggots.
>>
File: theresamaysith.jpg (51 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
theresamaysith.jpg
51 KB, 960x540
Theresa a good lady. Theresa dun nuffin wrong.
>>
>>55242249
Nope, never worth it. The cost of freedom is priceless.
>>
>>55242249
> just the metadata
> just
>>
>>55242249
>with judicial oversight

Question is who determines what is terrorism?

is questioning authority terrorism?
Is disagreeing with a feminist terrorism? (heylo, canada)
is being white and male within shouting distance of a female terrorism? (heylo, sweden)

You live in a country so ass backwards that it bans knives and then criminalizes self preservation.
>>
>>55242249
There's literally nothing wrong with video surveillance in everybodys homes. After all, it just records metadata; who you talked to and when, not the contents of the conversation.
You don't support terrorism, do you?
>>
>>55244599
>
ya done bit yourself some bait there, cletus
>>
>>55242249
Christ, somebody lynch this hag already. Give her the traitor's death she so richly deserves.
>>
File: thrillhouse2.jpg (10 KB, 150x143) Image search: [Google]
thrillhouse2.jpg
10 KB, 150x143
how can terrorists from sh1t world country afford internet + how much time do they have using the when there busy mass torture, killing people?
also who gave them the weapons to people
how did they buy all these brand new toyotas? investigate toyotas sales records for the middle east and find out Peterus gave isis 400 million dollars
>>
>>55242249
>muh terrorism
the ass of your brittannia can only spread so wide
>>
>>55244682
Kind of hard to tell anymore
>>
>>55244716
>Peterus
>>
File: thought-police-2.jpg (63 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
thought-police-2.jpg
63 KB, 500x750
If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
>>
>>55244758
I suppose.
We real brits are sarcastic and ironic as fuck; and the not-real brits mean what they say.
But you can't tell the difference between a brit and a shitskin on /pol/
>>
>>55244780
I'm scared of the dark. Does that mean I'm hiding the dark? I'm not hiding in the dark but the dark is hiding in me, and I am the ultimate edgelord?
>>
>>55244810
I know, I grew up on a steady media diet of John Cleese and Craig Charles.
>>
>>55242249
Somewhere there is a database on a NSA server that has everything you've ever typed.
>>
>>55244882
respectable.
I'd tip my fedora but first I'd need to lop off my foreskin to stitch the damn thing together.
>>
>>55244981
Heh. Well, goodnight m8, I have to catch some sleep at minimum.
>>
>>55245014
I'm still up from yesterday, faget
git gud
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.