[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't been paying too much attention to the news, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
I haven't been paying too much attention to the news, but it seems that there hasn't been a huge freak out over IS taking out a Russian plane. Why is this? Would the world media be in 24/7 freak out mode if it was an American or Euro plane? Because if it was an American plane, I'm sure Americans would treat it was 9-11 2.

How are the Russians handling it?
>>
>>55240591
The Russians are trying to bury it because they don't want to get drug into Afghanistan 2.0 any more than they already are.

The west isn't freaking out (much) because not many of us vacation to Egypt anymore, and it will all get blamed on shitty Egyptian airport security anyway (see, the TSA really DOES work! kek).
>>
>>55240591
What? I've been turning the news on at least every day for the last few days - since the crash, and as far as I can tell the situation is getting updated daily. Maybe it's the news stations?
>>
>>55240591
Why should anyone care that Isis took down a Russian plane?
>>
>>55240728
This, it would have fallen out of the sky sooner or later. Russian planes have a history of doing that sort of thing.
>>
>>55240697

The coverage I've seen has a kind of "huh how about that" tone. Not the

>Terrorism in the sky! Islamic State is coming for you!
>>
>>55240591
Because it's not an American plane.
>>
File: 1444993095440.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4208) Image search: [Google]
1444993095440.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4208
>>55240591

AmerISIS did it
>>
File: WashPost.png (25 KB, 658x214) Image search: [Google]
WashPost.png
25 KB, 658x214
Preemptive damage control by Washington Post Editorial Board:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obfuscation-in-the-sinai-valley/2015/11/06/a7e5aa74-84ab-11e5-9afb-0c971f713d0c_story.html
>>
Wasn't the RT guy killed or something, was that in the news? Seems a bit weird if it was just when this plane crash scandal is breaking.
>>
>>55240591
Because IS did not take out Russian plane despite western media trying to portrait it as such, and because we dont give a fuck.
>>
>>55240591
How do you think they're handling it? They would start bombing ISIS but then they already had anyway a week prior. What is with this US Establishment idea that Russia cannot drop bombs or is not ridiculously well stocked with cheap munitions? It's like we have kids trying to talk smack about Russia, but they don't understand how talking smack works.
>>
Russians don't want to be pressured into another Afghanistan, which Vlad would have to do to maintain his strongman image
>>
>>55245915
THEY EXPECT TO FIND ONE OF US IN THE WRECKAGE BROTHER
>>
File: team.jpg (103 KB, 625x493) Image search: [Google]
team.jpg
103 KB, 625x493
>>55240591
because russian airplanes and lives are not worth much.
>>
>>55240591
there are no proofs or even hints it was IS or it was taken down
>>
I've still been trying to make sense of the airplane crash.

Might just be because airplane crashes make great news stories and get lots of ratings and views.

As for the UK and US government both saying its a bomb with "99.9% certainty" don't really know what's behind that.

I'm sure they wouldn't reveal publicly that they created ISIS and knew of the plot.
>>
>>55247022
Black box recording, Sinai is crawling with terrorists, the motive is there for I.S. and given Egypt's stance on certain issues I don't think it would be too hard for them to find help inside the airport with smuggling.

If I was an IS member in Sinai I would be shitting bricks right now. The Russians will crucify those involved.
>>
>>55247135
Maybe they just know stuff the Egyptians don't
>>
File: 1443953141035.gif (2 MB, 375x209) Image search: [Google]
1443953141035.gif
2 MB, 375x209
>>55243775
>that pic
Like rats.
>>
The only thing that pisses me off is that Egypt is playing the "dindu" card all over again, LIKE EVERY FUCKING TIME because they just don't want to admit that they are a fucking failure of a state nowadays and also, tourism is like 10% of the GDP so they don't want to take a blow.

Egypt is a complete shithole with a growing number of terrorists, deal with it.
>>
>>55240591

Rumors say about Donbass-style scenario revenge. Volunteers wnated, trials are pretty strict but the money and "stars" are cherishing.
>>
>>55245915
Heart attack, non violent death. Suspicious all the same
>>
>>55240591
I see it more like karma after what they did to that plane which got shot down by Russian supported and manned rebels in Ukraine.
>>
>>55240591

What is there to freak out about?

First, nobody knows for certain that IS did it. Of course, it seems likely, but it is not an established fact yet.

Second, of fucking course this is the sort of shit that IS would do. No surprise, just a resignation that this has been expected for about two years now. The surprise is that it took this long.

And, of course, we don't have George Bush and Dick Cheney screaming out of the TV every 15 minutes that everybody has a patriotical duty to freak out and run around screaming in circles while waving their hands over their heads. We actually have a collection of world leaders today that are taking this very seriously and are methodically building a reality-based course of action(s) based upon actual, established facts.

If it's IS, we're already pushing their shit in all over the place. It's just going to get turned up a notch or two.

And, it might not be IS. People are getting pretty fucking careful about going after the people who actually did something after Colin Powell's disgraceful performance at the UN. No sense screaming about IS if someone else might have done it ...

... or even if nobody did it and it was just glorious Russian technology performing up to glorious Russian technology standards.

"Freaking out" is a retarded course of action and should be avoided at all times.

Comparing this to 9-11 is fucking retarded. Compare it to Lockerbie, if anything. Making a plane fall out of the sky is babbie-tier terrorism. It's really stunning that it hasn't happened much more often.
>>
>>55243698

If it would have been an American plane, their would have been a very noticeable and bloody retaliation.

What do you think Russia will do?
>>
>>55245660

But it is true. The US lies about Russia and Russia lies about the US.

Shilling doesn't change this fact.
>>
>>55250182
Create memes.
>>
>>55240591

Portraying russians as innocents/victims doesn't fit the anti-russian western media narrative.
>>
>>55249950
oh come on if this was an american plane you'd have like 10 ceremonies with candles and shit by now
>>
>>55250962

Lets see one. There needs to be new decent memes.
>>
>>55251034

10 ceremonies and 10 cruise missiles flying and 10 new YouTubes of exploding muslims.
>>
File: 1431719109982.jpg (26 KB, 247x269) Image search: [Google]
1431719109982.jpg
26 KB, 247x269
>>55245945

>IS did not take out Russian plane

Russian state controlled media is trying to portray it as the result of a a technical problem because the truth would hurt Putin's reputation as the protector of Russians from Islamic terror.
>>
>>55251336
Waiting on 'em myself, mate.
>>
>>55251646

This is crazy. 9/11 happened, Americans demand actions against Muslims, increase in approval ratings, even the liberal media got somewhat on board.

Russia should claim IS did it and bomb the shit out of actual IS, not Sunni Rebels but IS.

Russia and US could actually joint bomb the crap out of IS.

Assad is toast, he will never control more than a few select areas again, and even those will be attacked until he is gone.

Tell Assad he's done, give him sanctuary, US and Russia work with democratic Sunni group, put them in power, destroy IS in Syria and Iraq.

Putin's approval rating goes up and there is at least hope for some stability in Syria.
>>
File: whereevidence.jpg (5 KB, 199x193) Image search: [Google]
whereevidence.jpg
5 KB, 199x193
>>55245945
the jews did it obv
>>
>>55252898
>democratic Sunni group
You mean the progressive secular fundamentalists.
>>
Fuck Russian. I am immigrant from Addis Ababa. In my country Russian destroy of my business and stealing much. Fuck Russian.
>>
>>55248126
"heart attack"
kek

somebody let a story slip they weren't supposed to
>>
>>55249643

Of which there is absolutely no proof whatsoever.
>>
>>55240591
What? Every major western media channel is absolutely gloating about it. Hannity on fox was delighted that pro-Assad Syrians were being bombed and killed just a couple of weeks ago. We're in an Iraq level propaganda cycle demonizing Russia.
>>
>>55253236

Give Russia a free pass to completely demolish Syria, Iraq, turkey, Sinai peninsula and gaza
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.