[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whatever /pol/. I want to know how many of you born in the 90s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: 1445858695085.jpg (65 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
1445858695085.jpg
65 KB, 600x402
whatever /pol/. I want to know how many of you born in the 90s (1994 for me) USA bros remember the kinda disturbing as fuck campaign your school may have had where they made you gargle fucking flouride in like elementary school?

A friend asked me and i suddenly had this rush of memories of going to the gymnasium and having to gargle this nasty shit in a cup for 30 seconds before we spat out.

Literally no one from my home town amounted to anything, maybe 3-8 people are in school for """real""" degrees but other than that all these kids who seemed good are in jail right now or are drug dealers(the poor kind).

please tell me im not the only east coaster who got keked this hard?
>>
You from jonestown by any chance?
>>
>>55240657
from the far east lands of jersey myself personally.

Honestly am pissed about this, If my friend hadn't brought this up two days ago I don't think i would have remembered it even.
>>
It was probably a weak organophosphate solution to induce mild mental retardation.
>>
i just remember that red shit that would make cavities fluoresce, i think that was more like a candy than a liquid though
>>
>>55240455
No idea what you're talking about, friend. Only time I've dealt with fluoride is at the dental hygenist.
>>
>>55240809
we had like a month long campaign called 'splash' or something

we met in the 'older kids' gym in our school
and got handed styrofoam cups of this flouride shit and they made it all 'le epic kids thing dont stop gargling it!' and then you'd spit it out

shit felt like official as fuck honestly looking back on it. holy shit.

>>55240786
see thats the thing too, theres like 3-7 kids from my town any of us feel 'went somewhere' but they're in school still anyway, maybe they were the control and got something else?

maybe the mentally retarded kids didn't get any? or got too much?
>>
>>55240455
lol
>>
>>55240455
>complains about being an underachiever
>thinks it's because he had to gargle something for 30s

Like every devout christian girl knows, it doesn't count if you don't swallow.
>>
>>55240455
You want creepy? Anyone else here in "Gifted" programs as a kid?
>find 12 year olds
>put them through series of tests
>ones that score within our parameters are pulled aside for a bit of time every day
>made to do puzzles and problem solving
>constantly reinforce their ego and tell them their shit is golden
>they all graduate
>most become druggies
>a few drop out
>some are still successful but somewhat, different
>"These are the GIFTED children"

How fucking dystopian does this sound to you guys? Did the government do weird shit with my brain as a kid? Was I being programmed to succeed in a certain manner or was I intentionally given a complex that inhibits my ability to act independently?
>>
>>55241183
Have you considered that your narcisistic complex makes you seek a foreign agent to explain why you failed instead of working on yourself?
>>
>gargle fluoride
Yes, just like every person under 18 who visits the Dentist regularly.
Next you'll act like penis inspection day was weird.
>>
>>55241332
it was either daily or weekly for a month or so my dude.

they hyped the shit out of it to make us kids be on board as shit.
>>
>>55240455
>>>/x/

>>55241254
Nailed it.
>>
When I was a kid I was placed in a resource class with like 6 other people from my grade. I thought it was for really smart kids, but looking back I suspect they were checking to see if we were retarded
>>
973 Jersey bro born in 91. Have no clue wtf you're talking about.
>>
What did they make you do at the resource class?
>>
File: 1444597281261.jpg (85 KB, 460x596) Image search: [Google]
1444597281261.jpg
85 KB, 460x596
>>55241532
A-are you me?

Did you also get to play with hotwheels in a tub full of sand while they studied you? Also, they never let you play too long. Just when you were about to finish your sweet popsicle stick garage for your cars they took them away. It was a huge cock tease.
>>
>>55240455
I have have to do this every time I go to the Dentist, it's completely normal. Fuck sake OP, stop watching Alex Jones and don't be so paranoid.

I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>55240455
You didn't get fluoride poisoning senpai you got the mineralized layer of hydroxyapatite on your teef strengthened by the incorporation of fluoride ions into the mineral matrix yielding fluoroapatite which is more resistant to chemical attack at pH < 5.5 so your teef won't rot and infect your jaw thanks to your sugar filled diet

I'm late 20s still do that shit, my teef stopped rotting, good shit senpai desu
>>
>>55241642
>>55241618
but it was multiple times my dudes.

this wasn't like spur of the moment 'gargle dat' this was like "hey monday and friday you gotta gargle this"
>>55241254
personally i think the gifted programs helped, like the gubbmint wanted a small handful of redpilled citizens in every town garunteed
>>
>>55241903
read my post again nigga. every. time. I. go. to. the. Dentist. which is twice yearly.

...you're a troll aren't you?
>>
>>55242031
>twice a year as an adult
>the same as multiple times over a short period as kid.

Not a troll just a overly concerned /pol/ack

I'm just curious if other /pol/ posters went to a school that had this BS going on
>>
>>55240455

at least you only got fluoride

my school gave shots out of the blue

pretty sure that shit was spiked
>>
File: 209.jpg (176 KB, 1182x966) Image search: [Google]
209.jpg
176 KB, 1182x966
>>55241532
>but looking back I suspect they were checking to see if we were retarded
>>
>>55242144
I'm paranoid about my teeth. The only strange thing that happened at my school is we had our blood drawn quarterly because our school was near a lead works.

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>55240455
I remember this. It was optional for us. They actually played some sort of silly music for "swish time." I kinda felt left out, but I didn't do it because I've always taken care of my teeth and didn't need it.
>>
>>55241183
I went through this. It was the AIG/AG program for us. I liked it though; it made me feel better than the "normal" kids.
>>
>>55240455
Holy fuck.

Reading your post instantly made me remember when we had to do it, i remember this one kid who wouldn't do it/couldn't do it or something like that and our teacher had a shit fit at him.

Wierd.
>>
I remember tossing it into the trash. They had this grey carts with the school lunch ladies distributing them. Then we did the "fluoride dance" or some bullshit. It was engineered well
>>
Mt Isa?
>>
"Swish" in northern Michigan throughout 1st/2nd grade I think.

I always abstained, plus no-flouride at home.
>>
File: sprite.jpg (82 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
sprite.jpg
82 KB, 640x640
>>55240455
never had this

but they put fluoride in the water where im from
>>
>>55240455
>having to gargle this nasty shit in a cup for 30 seconds before we spat out.

Gargling fluoride is actually pretty good for you. Just don't swallow it.
>>
>>55241183
yeah, i don't think this is any conspiracy though. just poor management

it's just that up to a certain age kids develop at different rates, but once you get to like 18 or something you're all pretty much the same, apart from the very few kids who were actually smart

it causes huge identity crises for some kids because they were bought up thinking they're a special snowflake, then they get to uni or whatever and they're just another brick in the wall.
>>
>>55241183
They actually dragged me out of my current school in the ghetto and gave me a special bus to go to a different one far away. I was a hellion though and beat the shit out of the other kids, and after I broke the principal's foot and bit her hard enough that she had to get stitches, they sent me packing back to the hood.

Im not sure these days if it was a good thing or not. Pretty funny though, when I look back on it. Those dumb cunts actually thought you could just scoop somebody out of a culture of violence and drop them in with all the coddled rich kids with private tutors and expect a radical change in the course of a couple months.
>>
>>55241642
Shit where can i buy this. I brush and floss but i keep getting cavities and im tired of it.
>>
>>55240455
it sounds familiar, but i don't think it took place in my school
(96 fag)
though i'm practically retarded when it comes to math
>>
>>55240455
What the fuck are you going on about OP? Never heard of this

>>55241183
I was in this. It was called "Challenge" or something like that. I still remember the teacher "Ms. Jerray." It was similar to the Socratic method and mentor/pupil. That was the best part of my day and I extremely excelled compared to my classmates (they had me 3 "tracks" advanced for math and science, and 1 track advanced for english/history). I swear if it wasn't for that program, I would have been weighed down by all the druggies and blacks.

>How fucking dystopian does this sound to you guys?
Honestly most "seeming-utopia but actually dystopia" movies are bullshit. Shit like Minority Report would actually be fantastic if implemented in real life. Just because 1 case was incorrectly discarded and the other case was avoided due to future sight doesn't mean the system was bad.
>>
>>55241183
>Anyone else here in "Gifted" programs as a kid?

Put into a speed reading program
>pulled out of class
>sat in front of a small projector
>sentences kept coming faster and faster
>tested for retention
>performed fairly well
>idiot brother broke into the school library
>trashed it
>no more special programs for me

downside couldn't write for shit until college
>>
>>55241183
Yeah. That's exactly what happened to all us gifted kids. Leave it to /pol/ to see a conspiracy in everything, though. This road to Hell, like most of 'em, was paved with only the best of intentions. Remember:

The people who came up with this were:
* Educators of, frankly, middling intelligence and wisdom compared to us gifted kids they worshipped
* Other educators or scientists who came from the generation of conformity and felt bullied and restricted from blossoming into the genius snowflakes they were

Now, the truth is we are, indeed, the upper echelon of intelligent people, and we're educated well too - yet, we're fucking dumb and we know we don't got the answers. Even the smartest of us smartypants are still thoroughly human and not really any better at Solving The World's Problems than they are. If we're this smart yet we still really don't actually know shit about the world, consider how dumb the other 95% of humanity is. (They're all still fully human, mind you, and many of them have qualities that make them much more pleasant than us.)

cont
>>
>>55244937
cont

You realize the country's fucked, the economy's fucked, the world's fucked, and WE ARE TOO HUMAN TO "FIX" A DAMN THING. The world's problems aren't some Jewish conspiracy; not that there aren't social communities of rich, powerful Jewish oligarchs who all know each other - but do you really think they aren't also hung up on their own dick-waving, drama and oneupsmanship?

Makes you want to just chill out, quit dwelling on it, and milk some enjoyment out of your life through sex, drugs, and rock and roll. I've had a lot of wild sex, done a fuckton of drugs, and listened to enough music to fill half a decade without a moment's silence. Yeah, it fucked my ass up and one day I woke up and the only pill I had around to swallow was admitting I was a fucking degenerate. I'm working on getting back in shape and moving up the ladder in my line of work, and it sucks that I'm this far behind. But that's what happens - you end up yearning to be utterly unremarkable.

This is why we can't have nice things. But our bydlo teachers were right about us being the gifted herrenvolk of the future. We're here to put out dents in the universe. Barring that, fuck it - buy the ticket, take the ride, get comfy.
>>
>>55241903
You may be interested in a sort of unintentional experiment we have run in Australia.
My state - New South Wales - has had town water fluoridation for ? many years. Queensland, however, has not.
Rates of cavities are now different in these states. QED: fluoridated water helps prevent tooth decay.
And the "twice a year" gel we get at the dentists is a lot stronger than the liquid you've give to kids to gargle twice-weekly, imho.
>>
>>55241183
Yeah, well "gifted" does guarantee "good life".
Gotta read the small print, man.
>>
>>55241332
Well, it was for the girls.
>>
>>55242436
2015 - 1999 = 16. Underage b&.
>>
I totally forgot about this.
It hardly seemed worthy of mention.
Just yet another boring school board mandate that every kid had to suffer through like going for head lice check or having prostate exam.
>>
>>55241183

> get a perfect score on some test around age 15.
> teachers amazed
> have good academic track
> decide to do phd; don't have the grit to work hard
> it takes twice as long as others
> test at Mensa; pass; hooray for me
> land an office job that is above average, but not really much.

idk, it feels like a waste of potential. Which is why I browse /pol/ at work. it's ok though, I like having that time to feed information into my brain.

p.s. we had fluorizations at school. Don't feel like it hurt my brain.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.