[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was slavery so prevalent in history? Did people not feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 19
File: 1428368278417.jpg (91 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1428368278417.jpg
91 KB, 960x720
How was slavery so prevalent in history? Did people not feel bad at all for owning slaves and forcing them to work for nothing their whole lives?

Also how were black slaves in America treated?
>>
Its more prevalent now that at any other point in history
>>
The first slave owner was black.
Very few people actually owned slaves and they weren't treated terrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)
>>
If you TRULY believe that you are superior to someone else, be it because of race, religion, etc., then no you would not feel bad.

It's hard to understand now but if you believe another person is literally inferior to you then what is the difference between using them and using an Ox?
>>
>>55240037
Everyone around the world loved the idea of free labor.
Slaves in America varied in treatment from what I heard, some owners considered them a part of the family some would burn them just for fun
>>
>>55240051
But at least now its widely recognized as unethical. How was it not (considered) unethical before?
>>
File: 1446916681229.gif (399 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1446916681229.gif
399 KB, 600x476
>>55240132
based japan
>>
>>55240037
Let's see...
we pulled them away from the jungle where they were likely to be eaten by lions or hippos or some shit before they hit 30
Give them a place to live, and food to eat, and in return they have to work and not get uppity

>those poor poor africans
>>
>>55240037
>Did people not feel bad at all for owning slaves and forcing them to work for nothing their whole lives?

No
In fact it felt good

>Also how were black slaves in America treated?

Like... slaves. But don't listen to the SJW bullshits, even though slaves worked hard and had no freedom, they weren't used as beasts. A slave isn't exactly cheap enough to be disposable.

It was mostly striking a balance between getting the guy to work efficiently without having him revolting or dying. Also, it did happen that some slave owners were more on the humanist side than others and allowed them a bit more respite.

And in the end, let's not forget that the majority of triangle trade slaves were prisoners of tribal war. If they hold on their lives, I think they'd rather have a life of rough work rather than getting executed, tortured, or even just killed in a fight instead.
>>
>>55240132
Even if you are superior, why would you put them through a life of adversity?
>>
>>55240037
>How were the black slaves in America treated?
Better than they would have been in Africa.
>>
>>55240037
compare it to owning a dog, do you feel good about castrating and keeping an animal as a slave?
>>
>>55240037
>How was slavery so prevalent in history? Did people not feel bad at all for owning slaves and forcing them to work for nothing their whole lives?

Because pre-industrial farming and mining sucks ass, to the point where forcing someone else to do it is highly attractive.
>>
>>55240216
>Even if you are superior, why would you put them through a life of adversity?

Again because humans do this all the time with other creatures and a slave is no different than an animal. If you can use a beast of burden, why not a slave who isn't on your level?

Of course it's unethical but generally people didn't / don't care about that.

Even today you can argue that humans treat animals unethically but how many people really care? It's ethically indefensible to kill and eat animals simply because you think they taste better than alternatives but generally people don't mind.
>>
>>55240216
What happens to people from another Tribe doesnt effect me
>>
>>55240132
>If you TRULY believe that you are superior to someone else, be it because of race, religion, etc., then no you would not feel bad.

Why do people still feel bad for hurting animals then?
>>
>>55240284
Shitty jobs have and probably will always exist, but in any first world country there would be a reward for doing that work.

>>55240281
The difference is that the dog is not aware and dogs are generally coddled and pampered and don't have to 'work'. People consider them part of the family so that is an awful comparison.
>>
>>55240037
Imagine if a century or two down the road people decide that it is immoral to own animals and they abolish pet ownership. So how can you live with yourself for owning a dog? I mean you think you "own" another living being, what makes you so superior to them? How sick in the head are you that you can call them your property? And look, I read in this book that some people used to beat their dogs. Look at this picture of abused stray dogs. Clearly all dog owners used to be abusive and hateful towards their "property". Pet ownership was human-supremacist, I am so fucking ashamed that I had pet owner ancestors.
>>
>>55240037
Getting someone else to do the work was how everything rolled back in the day.
>>
File: 1443294712761.png (544 KB, 2096x2784) Image search: [Google]
1443294712761.png
544 KB, 2096x2784
>>55240037
If you want to talk slavery look at the 1000s year Arab/Berber trade. They were fucking brutal and sent precedent for many European countries to not want Muslims ever.

USA slave trade was minor in comparison, we were late players to that game. Fun fact, the first slave owner was black.

Pic related. I'd bet anything a disproportionate amount of that 1.6% were Jewish too.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (79 KB, 780x497) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
79 KB, 780x497
>>55240037
Slavery prevailed because men controlled society and saw the value slaves could bring to building an empire. Without slaves many societies couldn't function such as Ancient Greece who needed a tremendous amount of brutal physical labor to build and feed the city and produce as many advancements as they did.

You could argue that everyone could chip in to farming and labor without slaves but it was a much easier to force others to do it and it did nothing but benefit their overall society minus their morals.

The decline began with chivalry, religion and women being brought up in the ranks of society until is was eventually abolished in civilized nations.
>>
>>55240382
tfw women aren't property anymore
>>
>>55240369
>People consider them part of the family
Slaves were considered a part of the family.
>dogs are generally coddled and pampered and don't have to 'work'
1)many dogs have to work 2) many slaves didn't have to work
>>
The fertility amongst Blacks was very high during the Slavery period. Even with slaves counted, the US had the highest GDP per capita in the world during slavery. Inequality actually went up in the country when slavery was abolished and fertility amongst Blacks fell sharply.
>>
>>55240037
This
>>55240284
Is very true as well, also those works were not just a burden, but the actual efficiency of the work was fairly low. If every worker was a free man living comfortably, well, there either wouldn't be enough food produced to feed everybody, or there would be no room for works that aren't farming (A great portion of the population were farmers, even in colonizing times).

As farming techniques became better, that meant more people effectively being fed by the same workforce in agriculture, so more things like bureaucrats, workers for manufactored goods, and such, which means industrial development.

long story short, it helps
>>
>>55240037

Amazing actually. If you take a snapshot of human history no group of people had better lives than American Negro slaves. I've been intensely studying it on various white nationalist websites.
>>
>>55240369
then compare it to sledwolves instead of dogs
>>
>>55240382
>>55240323
Stop comparing slavery to owning a fucking dog, its completely different.

>>55240348
That sounds fairly sadistic. I know there are a lot of injustices happening around the world and a majority do think its bad, but no one cares enough to do anything (out of sight out of mind). The difference is that it is happening right in front of your eyes and you are a direct part of it. Example, somewhere right no someone could be helplessly getting beaten into a pulp. No on halfway round the world cares because they cant do anything, but if it were to happen in broad daylight in a crowded street, people would step in to help.
>>
>>55240506
Furthermore, mortality amongst slaves in the US was astronomically low when compared to places like the Caribbean which also had slaves. In the 18th century, US only accounted for 8%, while the other 92% were shipped off elsewhere.
>>
>>55240037
Before things get out of hand in this thread....

Of families that did own slaves, the vast majority only owned a single slave.
These families worked with slaves. as the slaves were extra hands around the house. These slaves were the ones treated the best.

The plantations you see in movies were very rare.

Also, the white men used to have sex with the slaves, and at plantations you would start seeing mixed race kids running around. That's why race mixing was fairly prevalent during slavery, more so than after it was abolished.

the southern people heavily defended slavery, despite most families did not own a slave.
>>
>>55240352
>Why do people still feel bad for hurting animals then?

Well working something is different than hurting. Just a guess but I'm sure historically the average slave holder might feel somewhat bad while abusing a slave.

Animals are different anyway. People often feel worse seeing a hurt animal over a hurt human.

>>55240554
>Stop comparing slavery to owning a fucking dog, its completely different.
Yes because dogs are companions and slaves are worked.

Like I said it will be hard for the average person to understand it now, but if you view humanity in tiers or castes then why would you feel bad about the lowest castes not having the same rights as you?
>>
>>55240554
You're right, they were actually treated far better than a dog. They were more like a dog that could walk and talk and perform complex tasks, and they were treated accordingly compared to just a dog.

Should be noted I'm only talking about American slavery here. I'm sure there have been systems of slavery in different places at different times where slaves were mistreated, but ours were treated quite well.
>>
>>55240037
Most slaves were treated quite well, in fact, when asked many preferred being slaves after they were emancipated.

You don't have to take my word for it though:

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/snhtml/mesnbibnarrindex.html

You can read the accounts of people who actually lived it, there's even a few voice recordings.
>>
>>55240037
american slaves were the luckiest slave on earth (well, for a slave)

but still muh white guilt
>>
>>55240037
It's not complicated. Blacks are farm equipment. Trying to "empower" them is like trying to empower a grain auger.
>>
>>55240037

I had a liberal professor who claimed that slavers were actually taxed less than we were if you compared their compensation to their workload. The issue from his perspective was no choice to leave.
>>
>>55240178
Probably because people weren't educated and worried more about surviving day to day rather than thinking about philosophy and ethics. I think that the advent of technology has reduced the need for human labor, so you have more people worrying about human welfare since there isn't as much of a demand for slavery.

You can justify just about anything if you try hard enough. Tons of people still torture animals and other people in the most sadistic ways possible. Even moral people can be convinced to torture others if they're made to believe that it's justified. Take a look at the Milgram experiment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b7YFtiE5EA
>>
>>55240740
No white guilt, just wondering how people felt about assigning other people to a life of adversity (not American slaves im referring to).

Im sure some places people were worked to death for someone elses gain and the idea of that today would be absurd.
>>
>>55240904
>and the idea of that today would be absurd.

This sums up most behaviour in history.

Seriously I think in the future people may look back at all of us meat eaters and say "wow, they really killed those poor animals just because they liked the taste of them over other things?"
>>
>>55240832
Thanks for that video, that was very interesting and explains a lot.
>>
>>55240968
>they really killed those poor animals just because they liked the taste of them

It took me a long time to realize this and I agree that when lab grown meat is commonplace, people will look back and wondered how we ever killed animals just for the taste of meat. When your meat comes packaged in a grocery store and you're so completely detached from the process of farming and butchering your own meat, it's hard to realize that it used to be a living creature.

I don't have a problem with sustenance hunting but fat fucks purchasing meat by the ton to snack on with their beer during Monday Night Football is pretty filthy. I still eat some meat for the sake of convenience but I've already cut back quite a bit. Really hope that lab grown meat becomes commonplace in my lifetime - I don't miss beef or pork, but I would probably miss the feathered Jew after a while.
>>
File: 1a.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1a.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>55241353
No problem. It's scary to think how easily we can be manipulated when someone hits the right triggers. I'd like to think that it wouldn't happen to me, but I've already caught myself being manipulated in a lot of other ways on a consistent basis, so I'm not too sure.
>>
>>55240968
The difference is that eating meat was needed for survival whereas slavery was not.
>>
>>55241542
It was almost angering seeing people administer a potentially lethal electric shock but i would be suprised if i did the same.
>>
File: wth.gif (2 MB, 200x293) Image search: [Google]
wth.gif
2 MB, 200x293
The thing I never understood is, if you hate niggers so much (like everyone did back then and all normal people do now) why would you let them sleep in your house, make your bed or, worse, prepare your food?
>>
>>55240037

Usually pretty well considering, but not necessarily out of kindness. Most people didn't own slaves, and slaves were so expensive that it essentially the equivalent of owning a car. You don't neglect maintenance and drive your car hard until it breaks down, and you don't wreck your slaves for the same reason.

That being said, slavery in America was a cruel system, but it wasn't motivated by cruelty. It was an economic decision that once you buy into is hard to give up. Once slavery was established, people had invested fortunes in something that would be made worthless if it were abolished, not to mention the practicalities of having a bunch of people who'd never experienced freedom suddenly released in your fairly homogenous, quasi-European society. People like Jefferson didn't much care for slavery, but thought the solution was worse. Bring a bunch of people from Africa over, have them work the fields, and then release them to integrate into an European society as equals was unimaginable. They felt bad for participating, but what're you going to do.

That's why it was easier for Britain and the Northern US to abolish it: they didn't have to deal with the fallout. And not even in a racist way. People didn't want to integrate on both sides, and this was long before the idea of multiculturalism seemed good to anyone.
>>
>>55241578
I think he's referring more to modern society. Most people today don't need to eat meat and a lot of people in first world nations still eat it solely for the taste.

Also you could argue that slavery was needed in some cases. It might have been superfluous on some occasions, but some populations depended on slave labor to support the population. Don't forget that a lot of slave owners would be working out in the fields with their slaves. It wasn't just always one super rich asshole sitting in a litter carried on the shoulders of slaves and barking orders at everyone.
>>
>>55240102

there were slaves before America family. however, however, their owners were probably still black tbqh
>>
>>55241695

They didn't really hate niggers back then, though. They thought of them essentially like children. Simple, stupid, impulsive, and not to be trusted with anything too intellectual or important.
>>
>>55241695
The true redpill is that they actually didn't hate niggers back then. They were classically racist in that they viewed niggers as inferior, but it was not a view based out of hatred. Do you hate work animals such as a mule or a horse? No, at worst your relationship is a sort of symbiotic indifference. At best you feel affection for them because of their usefulness. Now imagine a work animal with near-human intelligence capable of performing a wide variety of necessary tasks. Would you hate this animal? No, in fact you would probably feel an even greater degree of affection since its value would be so astronomically higher compared to a simple mule or horse. This was the view of niggers.They were treated and viewed quite well because they were considered to be extremely useful.
>>
it would have been hard to not think you were superior to niggers when we first met them. they were banging sticks together. if you've ever seen pics of abo tribes. they look like goblins or something

it would have literally been impossible to realise that they do actually have enough intelligence to live among us and do well in school. they looked like animals

the true devils are the ones who got to know their slaves and had enough first person experience to know they are humans just like us but didnt do anything to stop it
>>
>>55241935
I think it's easier to hate other people than it is to hate animals. Animals simply don't know any better. In the case of dogs, there's a reason why they earned the nickname "man's best friend." A dog will never betray you and it will love you unconditionally even if you treat it like shit every now and then. It will never scheme against you or try to cause you any pain.

In the case of people, they won't hesitate to hurt you, and occasional sociopathy was the cost of high intelligence. If a lion maims you, you know that it wasn't for the sake of pleasure, but the same isn't true of people.
>>
>>55242043
>a dog wont hurt you

this is what millenials believe
>>
>>55240102
Is this supposed to be an argument for slavery, to down play the atrocities of slavery that were commited exclusively by white southern c.ucks? This is a very interesting piece of information tbqh but it's almost irrelevant.
>>
>>55241957
>true devils

Were they though? You realize that after slavery was abolished, most slaves wandered around for a week before returning to exactly where they were before, to do the same thing.

It's easy to condemn people in the past for not living up to our modern expectations, but I think "devil" is harsh. From their perspective, savages from the jungle were gifted with civilization and taken care of to an extent unimaginable in the bushes of Africa. They could release them, but why not just provide everything they need and give them a purpose? From their perspective, isn't that good enough?

Once again, they thought of them more like children. You give them food, water, and shelter, and they work.
>>
>>55242091
I'm likely three times your age and have lived with dogs longer than you have been alone. There aren't any bad dogs, just retarded owners. The asshats who get bitten or attacked by dogs usually provoked them. In other cases, the dogs are extremely amped up thanks to retard spic and nigger owners who foster aggression since they use them for dog fighting.

Even wild animals only attack when they feel threatened or they're hungry. No other animal in nature inflicts pain for the sake of pleasure, with the possible exception of dolphins, who also happen to be extremely intelligent.
>>
>>55242229
>being this delusional

this is what being to comfy does to the minds of men. they think wild dogs are cuddly little pets because the privileged life their dog leads has turned it into a pussified cu.cknine just like its owner
>>
>>55242167
lol shutup dude
>>
Why didn't the slaves just beat the white dudes up and walk off?
>>
>>55240037

In civilized white nations slavery was a temporary form of debt payment or a form of prison sentence.

In early colonial America, pioneer nigger Anthony. Johnson fought tooth an nail over several court appeals to eventually create the first ever American lifetime slave, a fellow nigger.

That's right negros, American slavery was invented by a black man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

Without this lazy niggers endless attempts at having free labor for life from an innocent debtor, the institution of slavery may have never existed in America at all.
>>
>>55241763

>people don't need to eat meat.

/fit/ is getting mad gains on their sides right now.
>>
>>55242413

Nowhere to go, really. Except to non slave states, but even then, freedom is only worth so much.

For most, being a slave was essentially like being at military basic training. The work is hard, but you sleep in the barracks with peers in your same situation, and you get what you need. Is it great? No. Is it fair? No. Is it ideal or good? Not anywhere near.

But what do you do? You could revolt, and run away, trying to find something better, or you can stay, where you work hard but get what you need. Most of the people brought over didn't have many aspirations or useful skills to contribute beyond doing something like working in a field. Fields were in the South, so that's the only place for them to be.

I mentioned it before, but it's actually pretty interesting, that after slavery was abolished, the general trend was that newly freed slaves would immediately leave, wandering aimlessly for a week or two before returning back to do exactly what they'd been doing before, with the exception that they were receiving a nominal wage.
>>
>>55240037

Kids were purchased so that pedos could abuse them.
>>
File: carter450.jpg (233 KB, 1078x450) Image search: [Google]
carter450.jpg
233 KB, 1078x450
>>55240037
>>
>>55241935

Which is exactly the same kind of attitude Africans took back with them when they went to Africa. On the founding of Liberia, the Africans who went felt culturally and intellectually superior to the native tribes, and enslaved them.

It was not based out of racial hatred, but out of class and intelligence.

It is also worth noting those blacks did not hate America, or white people; as a matter of fact they really liked them quite a lot. The capital of Liberia is even named Monrovia, after US President James Monroe.
>>
>>55240037
Slavery is as alive today as it ever was.
>>
>>55240037
They lived better lives than they do now desu senpai
Do you get angry that people used horses to plow their fields?
>>
>>55240037
No, only white people felt bad about slaves.

Also read the slaves chapter in Politics by Aristotle. That should clear it up.
>>
File: readabook1381781208004.jpg (65 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
readabook1381781208004.jpg
65 KB, 566x480
>>55240037
Contrary to popular beleif not all slaves were treated badly.
>>
File: 1445713572095.jpg (25 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1445713572095.jpg
25 KB, 450x300
>>55243015
wasnt joseph kony just a dude who had a lot of money and he went to africa or wherever and just started an "army". or am I thinking of someone else?
>>
File: New FoxSlaveCabinInterior.jpg (280 KB, 1455x525) Image search: [Google]
New FoxSlaveCabinInterior.jpg
280 KB, 1455x525
>>55242920
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1311x565) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1311x565
>>55243270
>>
File: UNTITLED2.png (3 MB, 3451x835) Image search: [Google]
UNTITLED2.png
3 MB, 3451x835
>>55242920
>>55243270
>>55243439

Please help these poor mistreated souls make it back home. If you have any heart whatsoever, you would grant their wish of allowing them to make it back to their rich and prosperous homeland.

https://www.change.org/p/african-governments-please-give-asylum-to-african-americans?source_location=petition_footer&algorithm=promoted

>African Americans - the descendants of Africans stolen from the continent more than 400 years ago - are experiencing what can only be called neoslavery on the land that our ancestors were forced to build. We experience daily, relentless attacks by the police, suffer high rates of incarceration due largely to discriminatory laws and sentencing, not to mention economic, health, and employment disparities for no other reason than being Black in America. One can only turn on the news to see the treatment that we are receiving in the United States, and it is only getting worse.

>We are writing to request that any and all African nations consider granting us asylum within your borders.

>We are simply asking that we have the opportunity to return to the birthplace of our ancestors in order to try to rebuild and heal from our trauma.
>>
File: implying.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>55242122
>to down play the atrocities of slavery that were commited exclusively by white southern c.ucks?

>you do realize there were slaves in the north too?
>that slaves were a luxury afforded by the wealthy
>slaves were generally well cared for to protect the investment
>that africans sold africans to whites (jews) really
>africans had a long history of slavery before america was even discovered

protip -- your blue pill is showing
>>
>>55240037
How would I know ... Crack a book..
>>
File: Sweatshops-in-China[1].jpg (50 KB, 595x298) Image search: [Google]
Sweatshops-in-China[1].jpg
50 KB, 595x298
It just wasn't as taboo as it was now..

Besides, it's not like right now most people aren't overworking for meager pay
>>
>>55240037
Slavery in white countries was pretty civil, you either agreed to be an indentured servant or did some really bad shit

When we bought slaves from africa we kind of assumed the same was true, although we didn't care too much and knew they had better lives with whites than in wild packs
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (149 KB, 881x825) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
149 KB, 881x825
Little known facts are that 40% of American Jews were slave owners, Jews owned the trade, the ships, and that slave markets were closed on Jewish holidays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxVjBxjX-4
>>
>>55241422
Yeah it's so horrible that we farm and kill animals for food. Those poor creatures who are on the same level as us and can comprehend everything should be treated just like us. Imagine a future where cows were dressed up and rode on instead of killed for their meat. I can't wait
>>
>>55240037
>nigga eatin sushi
muh nigga.

dont be a historyfag. its seriously a third world immature thing and lame as fuck.
>>
File: 185182.gif (26 KB, 600x855) Image search: [Google]
185182.gif
26 KB, 600x855
>>55240037
>tfw you were born too late to hunt down an escaped slave with a nigger hound
>>
Almost every civilized race of people practiced slavery, but only one race made an effort to globally abolish it.

If that isn't something to be proud of, I don't know what is.
>>
>>55240037
slaves ate good and had a fucking roof over their heads. how is slavery different than working for chik fil a or mcdonalds, today?
>>
>>55240037
Slavery is present right now.
You just get stuck(modern chains) with low paying job rent/mortgage/student debt , can't save money: work 10h 6/7 to eat and get clothed.
>>
File: 184181.gif (28 KB, 600x885) Image search: [Google]
184181.gif
28 KB, 600x885
>>55246354
>providing medical care to slaves
>requiring slaves to clean up after themselves

oh hey, the property owner had an economic incentive to take good care of his property
>>
>>55240037

Fairly well assuming they didn't run off.

They got free food, a place to stay, and medical care. Like any livestock you don't whip it into the ground. Example: Back then you didn't run your horse into the ground given how much it cost to keep the thing healthy to do its job.

Unlike the industrial North where children would be chained to machines to work 16 hour days, and paid a couple cents 'enough to buy a little bread.' everyday.

Also if a slave died in the American South it was a bit of a loss to the owner given how much he provided to keep the slave alive and effective. Not to mention the cost to buy/raise another one.

Where as in the North if you fell into a machine, within the day you would've been hosed out of the gears, and another Mick fresh off the boat would be in your job making 5 cents a day.
>>
>>55240037
Do current employers feel bad about their employees being depressed and bitter about their underpaid jobs? It's the same principle really, just with standards from a couple centuries ago.

Quite a lot of slaves were treated with respect but you don't see that in movies.
>>
I heard that even if being a slave in the US was shitty, you were incredibly lucky that you didn't end up being sent to the antilles of south america.
>>
>>55245596
You are absolutely insane if you believe that "don't whip your Ferrari shit." a slaves life was completely in control of the white man, and honestly you could say the treatments of blacks by whites only got worse with the 14th amendment I.e. race riots and slave peonage
>>
>>55240037
>How was slavery so prevalent in history?
Easy labor that equipment and technology just couldn't do.

The easiest way to 'ethically' own slaves is to see them as less than you, most of the time, less than human. Like an animal.

Depends, some were seen as family. Others were probably treated like farm equipment.
>>
>>55240102
Was not the first slave owner. Are you retarded? He was a servant himself until 1621, and the first slaves were brought to Jamestown in 1606. So yeah. Your argument is completely retarded. Also top kek straight from that link you posted
>>Knownfor The most prominentAfrican American former indentured servant to acquire freedom, wealth, and slaves.
>>
>>55240211
Could you give me maybe some examples of slaves who were treated well? People are so ready to claim that without literally any evidence. I think it's white guilt. If only someone wrote about what it was like. Oh wait. Frederick Douglass did. So now you gotta find me a slave who wrote about how good he had it.
>>
>>55240037
It's funny how a few years of black slavery in America have become the global symbol of slavery, overwriting all other slavery that ever happened.
>>
>>55246667
The people who had field slaves were rich enough to kill slaves at a whim. Those textiles son. That's what happens when you own a fucking plantation that supplies like 10% of the entire world's cotton. Families who had like a house slave only were not rich from textiles and could not. Which didn't matter since you can't really drive a maid into the ground like you can a field nigger
>>
>>55240216
Why not?
>>
>>55241757
>not to mention the practicalities of having a bunch of people who'd never experienced freedom suddenly released in your fairly homogenous, quasi-European society
So what was stopping them from sending all slaves back to africa?
>>
>>55240132
That's not the full picture of slavery. Muhammadans practically worship(ped) white women, which is why they were (and almost certainly still are) the most coveted type of slave. So they didn't believe themselves to be superior as such. They just believed they had a right to enslave people.

Enslaving people in war is not really that hard to imagine. It doesn't mean one side believes it's intrinsically superior to the other. It just happened to win the battle and/or war and hence made the enemies his slaves. Slavery in that context was just another form of looting. Free labor who within the traditional war ethic couldn't complain since they would have done the same if the tables were turned.
>>
Anyone know of old TV shows or movies showing whites interacting with black servants?

Keyword: Servants and housekeepers, not slaves because obvs cameras weren't around back then
>>
File: thoo.jpg (33 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
thoo.jpg
33 KB, 480x354
>>55240037
They are treated pretty well.
>>
>>55240037
>working for nothing
You do realise that slaves received food, shelter, clothing, medical care, education (even if minimal) and sometimes entertainment for their work, right? It's not dissimilar to todays wageslavery, just that you are allowed to choose between a small variety of jobs and receive a medium with which you pay for all these things yourself instead of having it automatically paid.
>>
>>55240037
>Did people not feel bad at all for owning slaves and forcing them to work for nothing their whole lives?

You want the true horrible meaning of slavery? Look at how Egyptians treated their slaves as well as the Persians.

Yet no fuck you lets bitch about amerikkka.
>>
Slavery has existed longer than civilization. Before systems of writing were invented.
>>
>>55240037
Man is an animal that lacks empathy, it's whole goal is to better its standings.
>>
>>55240037

>feel bad
GTFO
>>
>>55240037
Arabs owned most of the black slaves in history, America only had a paltry few for a very brief period of time.
>>
>>55240037
Your boss doesn't feel bad about paying a you a minimum wage.
Slave were giving food and a place to live for free. You get a small paycheck, same fucking thing.
Either way they are still making a ton of money off you.
>>
>>55240037
ive never had a slave and have no idea what being a slave owner is like

but yet it is still held against me
modern slavery still exists
>>
>>55247388
He was the first OFFICIAL slave owner (in the US).

Court ruled that this human was his property, the first time ever matey
>>
>>55240037
>check

as long as there is a power matrix, there will always be slaves, goyim
>>
Well, for a large chunk of history slavery was a social status because you got food and shelter which was decent in the day and you could work your way out of slavery and be granted freedom. 80% of slavery was not like nigger slaves in the US that were treated as inhuman chaff that worked the fields all day for a mud hut and pig-asshole dinner while their masters were drinking wine and raping their women they call unfit for raping.

It's like working a min wage job in the US. why is that so prevalent? Don't people feel bad they're being paid the equivalent of past slaves when compared to what needs were met then and those needed now?

Is it wrong, yea, so is working 40 hours a week for rent, food, and electric with the occasional distraction device that keeps you unwittingly captive.

Also a lot of the time you were a slave as a punishment. I'd rather work the fields, fuck, and chat with friends for murder than be locked in a box going insane for smoking a little weed, which was legal back then.

Everything was worse back then, so treatment that seems like torture today was actually just your poverty class, the same way in another 100 years people will look back at people eating a diet of 70% sugar, poor education, and obscene religious oppression and ask why people in society let that shit happen.

tl;dr
Because poor people get fucked that's why, and nobody says shit or tries escaping as long as there's a glimmer of hope to elevate one's status because that one in 10 million asshole was born in filth and he's fucking models, so maybe you're not working hard. We live in a meritocracy. He's got money... he must deserve it, he's winning. He's dying from a disease cured half a century ago, he must be a lazy retard that's had every opportunity, but he's a loser, let's all laugh at the loser even though we're one roll of the dice away from similar misfortune.
>>
>>55240037
What is the difference between minimum wage and slavery?
You would have to work two jobs at minimum wage just to scrape by and you would still be 100 percent dependant on some outside source for help like the government.
The only difference between a slave and a minimum wage slave is the whip.
The wage gap and costs of living have gotten that bad for a very high percentage of the population.
All of our clothes are made by slaves. The Chinese make just enough not to starve to death to make stuff for us so we are actually using slaves in effect to this very day all over the world.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.