[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any liberals on here please explain their motivation for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Bubo_btm.jpg (37 KB, 544x416) Image search: [Google]
Bubo_btm.jpg
37 KB, 544x416
Can any liberals on here please explain their motivation for being liberal?

I used to be, and even I don't understand why.

>Pic unrelated
>>
>>55240036
I think, at least for me, it was an idealization of the world on what it should be, rather than what if actually is. I.e., Gibbs money to poor = no poor people. Then I realized Gibbs does not solve shit.
>>
>>55240036
not a lib, but was one. basically they really do think fox news is bias (it isnt, just democrats are retarded) and care more about social justice than economic growth. "the president has no effect on the economy, and i want a woman president" is their thinking.
>>
i want to be pc
liberal is pc
>>
Swedish girls repeatedly raped by [redacted] a person

The government is issuing a new program where all disadvantaged and dismobilized workers will be given free cookies according to a strict quota.
>>
I used to be as well. It's pretty easy to explain, a naive childlike view of the world because they live in safe spaces isolated from the realities of life and extreme idealism. Liberals believe that we can live in a Star Trek type utopia if only everyone would just let the Liberals take over and do what they want.

Basically they just don't have enough real world experience to realize that a lot of their ideas simply won't work. For some reason they will happily say all conservative voters are scum, voting against their own interests, stupid, etc. But when it comes to 3rd worlders coming from shitholes that go against every single Liberal value the prevailing view is that they'll settle in and start protesting against the patriarchy as soon as they arrive. Because they know how hard it is to live under a dictatorship or some shit.

All it takes to go from Liberal to Conservative is the epiphany that it's not just white people who are mostly trash. ALL peoples are mostly trash and 3rd world countries are the result of the trash prevailing over the few knowledgeable people in their society and you can't solve the issues of trash countries by importing the trash that made them that way in the first place
>>
>>55240036
arrogance, trying to be the most moral of everyone, I used to be a disgusting liberal too.
>>
>>55240036
It seems it's a pretty common thing here for liberals to turn into right wingers/ conservatives once they visit /pol/. Same thing happened to me. Goes to show the merits of liberal ideology when exposed to a lack of ideological safe havens.
>>
File: 4647176-2356277765-roboc[2].jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4647176-2356277765-roboc[2].jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
>>55240036

So our world doesn't end up looking like RoboCop.
>>
because i prefer personal freedom over governmental repression.
>>
I'm gonna be honest.

I've been watching a lot of Noam Chomsky speeches, and I'm feeling pretty confused.
>>
Because sexual liberation is fulfilling, drugs are fun, people are awesome, as a straight male gay relationships are none of my business, same with transexuals, Obama is better than Bush, women should be able to control their own bodies not male politicians, it's too easy for psychos to get high powered guns, I enjoy creative expression

I could go on but what's the point
>>
>>55240110
>they really do think fox news is bias (it isnt)
It actually is, it just sticks out so much because it doesn't subscribe to the same blatant bias of the rest of the MSM pack. For some reason a lot of people confuse groupthink with "objectivity".
>>
>>55240703
It already does, just without the RoboCop to keep shit in line. Thanks, lolberals.
>>
>>55240777
You already have just that Hans. Enjoying prepping Abdul every day?
>>
File: toppest top kek.png (249 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
toppest top kek.png
249 KB, 358x358
>>55240777
>because i prefer personal freedom over governmental repression.
>personal freedom
>liberal

Im guessing german politics are different?

Liberals in America are constantly fighting against individualism, constitutional rights, and are obsessed with having the federal government involved in every element of life.
>>
It's because no one is actually right. People aren't equal but you can't just make them not exist. It's ultimately about trying to live with each other without tearing each other apart.
>>
>>55240110
Fox News is biased, but so is all news, Fox News just gets picked on the most
>>
File: ism.jpg (74 KB, 958x631) Image search: [Google]
ism.jpg
74 KB, 958x631
>>55240242

This is pretty much it. *Ism gives you plenty of idealized concepts that work great on paper, but don't apply in the real world, simply because human nature isn't geared that way. We're just animals with a facade of civilization, after all.

Cultural Marxism is a real problem now, with their so called 'issues' distracting many from serious social problems. How the hell people have gotten it in their heads that they have a "right" to not see opposing views, or "Feel Bad" about something is truly beyond me.

People in the 3rd World are often just straight up stuck, and it's often easier to leave than upset the social order at home. When you've exhausted all peaceful options and your government tells you to go fuck yourself, what do you do?

Save for the USA, most countries don't have that well armed of a populace, and those in power tend to want to keep that power. Again, what do you do? Torches and Pitchforks don't do much against machine guns. And even when revolutions do happen, they're messy as all hell, and you end up with a power vacuum that oftentimes gives you what you had before. Different name, different colored flag, and a warlord that gives zero fucks and tells you to be happy about it.
>>
>>55241163
This post came at 09:40:52 and the thread got bumped. My last post in the thread I link below came 09:40:57 and the thread stayed at the bottom of the page.

>>55240715

What's going on here? Sorry for butting in like this.
>>
it feels good, is reinforced by the media and educational system, and you get a nice smug superiority complex
>>
File: I disagree.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I disagree.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>55241024
>It actually is

I take it you don't watch fox news.

It is clearly separated into two categories

>actual new reporting with little to no bias and straight facts. Identified as such

>Heavily biased opinion pieces, leaning very far to the right. Identified as such (hannity, o'reilly, etc)

The difference between them and other stations is the lack of this separation.

CNN and CNBC blend the two together into one incredibly biased psuedo-news program.

Thats not the worst though.

The absolute bottom of the barrel are things like the Daily show or Last week tonight, which are complete propaganda thinly veiled in comedy.

They are not really comedy, but a heavy handed attempt to shift the opinion of young people and instill them with a completely foundless hate for one party for (hopefully) their entire lives.

Fox news is at a saint level compared to these programs
>>
>>55240036

Projection of decadent western values.
>>
>>55241273
Nevermind. This time it bumped.
>>
>>55240036
Resentment from being constantly restricted and warned away from "fun" and "interesting" things in life by authority figures. Then you get to a point in life where your parents can't stop you from partaking (college). What usually happens is that you indulge, nothing really bad happens, and then you seethe with hatred on how you were unjustly deprived, becoming full-blown libshit sjw. The indoctrination from leftist professors and the overall liberal campus environment exacerbates the process.

2 things happen after:

1) Your soft mind allows total indoctrination and you happily chug whatever foul leftist koolaid concoction they pour for you. You become numb to logic and reason, parroting the same retarded marxist garbage until you either get culturally enriched by a dindu (or put down by a cop) during a riot or manage to live long enough to commit suicide before you hit 40 after alienating all the normal sane people in your life with your delusions.

2) You are constantly pressured into accepting more and more ridiculous and obscene liberal ideas but your mind is strong and that feeling of something is really wrong with the path you are heading down will not go away. When you've had enough, you make a clean break to find yourself and start looking retrospectively at your past beliefs and values from an objective POV. Being sincere to yourself, you do your due diligence in researching the origins, causes, and effects of various leftist ideas, only to be disgusted by its ultimate goals and horrified at how so many can remain oblivious to its numerous genocidal implementations throughout history. You wake up, start searching for the hidden truths behind the the history you took for granted, and realize that Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>55241334

Their motivation being the same for imposing a religious or philosophical ideology. The belief that what they promote is good and the respect and admiration of their peers.
>>
Education and media work together to pozz us from an early age.
You're Australian, OP, didn't you have to study lame books about Aboriginals and shit like that?

They don't go so far as to tell you to be a commie: they just set up a world view in your mind where you come to the conclusion shit like that is good.
>>
>>55240858
I'm convinced that the only thing democrats think and want to talk about is sex and drugs.
>>
>>55240858
gimmedat detected
>>
>>55241333
>very far to the right

I don't think you've watched a single thing on fox in your entire life. Go get your opinions and info from msnbc, you retarded wretch
>>
I am not going to lie... its because Conservatives and Republicans disgusted me and I thought the opposite view must be right, then I bought into the Jon Stewart laughing at the world culture and then just stopped short at joining SJW when I went to /pol/ just in time and I hated social media so that slowed me down.

Now I am politically agnostic but haven't changed fundamentally so I just sort of kept my old democratic ways, supporting Sanders right now but would vote Trump over Hillary.
>>
>>55241258
>How the hell people have gotten it in their heads that they have a "right" to not see opposing views, or "Feel Bad" about something is truly beyond me.
Becoming so accustomed to comfort and luxury, that they don't understand how to properly handle anything that deviates slightly from such norms, and over-react as a result, especially since people fear the most what they don't understand.

Bill Whittle hit the bullseye on it basically with this video https://youtu.be/tBVjbYMG6dE

And I'd also say that the fact that most basic past difficulties (such as not staying warm throughout the night, going to bed hungry, etc.) being eliminated made people look to eliminate the smaller difficulties by instinct, since bettering yourself is more or less apart of human nature, and now it's gotten to the point where simple disagreement is problematic.

If I ever become a father (heavy emphasis on the if) my main goal needs to be to make sure my children never take whatever living standard they have for granted, and to pass that reminder on to their children, and so on. Every parent in the West needs to teach their children that before it gets even worse than it already is.
>>
>>55241163
To be fair conservatives tend to be bootlickers who approve of the feds being involved when it is something they do not like.
>>
>>55241506
You know, PAbro, I thought you were a decent fellow. But just assuming that people want free shit shows a shallow level of thinking.

Personally, I believe that people can't earn a decent wage anymore without being forced into debt. Even learning a basic trade has become insanely expensive. I can't support anything less than an exponential tax rate that would effectively punish lazy entertainers, sports stars, and garbage ceos by taking away their ill gotten gibmedats, while lowering everyone elses taxes as low as possible. Punish the rich? Sure, maybe then they would also get a real job. Maybe I just want to see the world burn? I just don't buy the economic liberty that lolbertarians say conservatives stand for. Again, I don't want free stuff, just that ceos should be paid 200k not 200m.
>>
it kind of seems like the right, even obvious position when you're young.

until you realize, if you're honest, that a lot of the values you hold aren't actually progressive at all, since progressives are against the idea of truth (even though they constantly argue for and attempt to vigorously police whatever pseudo-truths they faddishly adopt, not realizing the fact that having theoretically denied the idea of truth claims, they have no basis from which to take any position)
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.