[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other law students? Just took the MPRE today as a 3L. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 1436230645602.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1436230645602.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
Any other law students?

Just took the MPRE today as a 3L. I had no motivation to study. I really have no motivation to graduate. Law school has sapped the life out of me. I don't even want a girlfriend. Life is just an empty shell for me. I just want a normal life.
>>
>>55239593
None of this matters. Don't try to muster up motivation. Deep down inside you know it's all for nothing. You die in the end stupid, didn't anyone tell you? Stop trying so hard. It's worthless.
>>
2L here. Life sucks and I have nothing to look forward to except graduating.

"Law school was a mistake." - Me
>>
Recently graduated lawyer here.

Managed to get a job in M&A tax at one of the big 4 accounting firms. Job is decent - but yes, law school was a huge mistake.
>>
File: 1434898544613.jpg (384 KB, 1126x1091) Image search: [Google]
1434898544613.jpg
384 KB, 1126x1091
>>55239793

It only gets worse.

>>55240583

Your law school and industry isn't the same.
>>
>>55240922

Ours is pretty bad too mate, in fact I believe last time I looked at the statistics Australia has more law graduates per head of population than the US has.

Of course, we don't get into quite as much debt for it - yet.
>>
>>55239593
Nothing matters OP. You, I and your most hated nigger over there will die soon enough. Just try to live a good life, we arent really in control as we like to think.

Read some philosophy, it helps you grow. You sound like you have existential crisis because you lack answers in life and yourself.

But you have to find it out yourself, noone can help you much to satisfy it.
>>
File: 1442187266227.jpg (63 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1442187266227.jpg
63 KB, 456x320
>>55240986
>>55241016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcIgQWdWWag

Just wreck my shit up.
>>
File: image.png (760 KB, 1024x654) Image search: [Google]
image.png
760 KB, 1024x654
>>55239593
>15-year law veteran here.
>Still paying loans.
>fuck

Actually I have a pretty comfy job now and the loans will be paid off next summer. I had my own practice for six years and loved the fuck out of it.

Here's the bright lining- law school enrollment went sky high in the 2000s and the schools took the money and pumped out shitty lawyers who could not pass the bar. Well, word got out (not to your stupid ass apparently) and enrollment crashed HARD. You may be on the winning side of a numbers game.

You also will, no matter what, have to spend the first few years doing shit work that's worse than law school. But then when new shits start coming out of law school behind you, you will recognize your own superiority, and you will send your bullshit work to them and they'll gobble it up like baby birds eating regurgitated worms.

Then you start recognizing that you know more than the judge and you get a rager for politics. You have to increase your profile for that and whether or not you make the leap, you put yourself in position to make a lot more money.

It's rewarding if you put the time in. If you want 9 to 5 go public sector. But if you don't work hard you won't pay those loans off before you retire. Embrace the fear and kick some ass.

Also, dress nice when you do it. People notice and respect a well dressed lawyer. None of that hipster shit.
>>
>>55239593
Becoming a lawyer is the best because you can legally fuck over other people and you have the governement protecting you for it.
>>
File: 1438913587676.jpg (44 KB, 297x508) Image search: [Google]
1438913587676.jpg
44 KB, 297x508
>>55241483

Blah blah I know. We know. Your generation got lucky as shit. We know the job numbers. We are fucked. Hence why my life is already a miserable shitpool.

My whole life has been geared to civil litigation so I am going to have to bill 160+ hours a month to survive. I want to kill myself, but I won't. I want a salaried position where I don't have to worry about billable hours. I have worked as a paralegal for years and I don't want to bill.

Anon, do you have a spot in your firm? I will take shit wages if it means not billing. Here's to the 1/10000000000000000000000000 chance.
>>
>>55241546
people in the US would rather deal with Jews than dutch people.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 196x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 196x212
>>55241616
Go solo. It's gonna be just as miserable right out of the gate, but no bosses. Get whatever court appointed work you can get, rent an office with other lawyers who will send you their crap work or pay you for court appearances, get active in the bar association, go and talk with the judges, suck a damn dick if you must. Again, not easy but rewarding if you put the time in.
>>
>>55242017

I've gotta pay loans fampai.
>>
>>55239593
Not a law student, but I'm in the middle of my final exams to get my Masters degree so I'm sort of in the same boat.

It is fucking suffering, I'm ready for it all to just fucking end.
>>
>>55239593
Fuck that.

I study agricoltural scienze
>>
Why would anyone become a lawyer? You work as hard as an engineer, professor or doctor yet have all the stability of a traveling salesman.
>>
>>55239660
this. none of it matters so you might as well try your best to enjoy yourself. why not try heroin if you want a to give your life a clear and concrete meaning , being more heroin.
>>
you all must have not done well at your school, or went to a shitty school to begin with

I go to a state school, but everybody finds a job and isn't swimming in debt

shouldn't have gone to a shitty school. should've studied.

lawyering still sucks though
>>
Are you guys going to top tier law schools? Also, why do you regret going?

Really considering this after I graduate as I have no idea what the fuck to do with a neuroscience degree. Was going to do medicine, but I'm a much better writer than scientist.
>>
>>55242047
>I've gotta pay loans fampai.

put yourself on the IBR and essentially make a 25 year bet against your future earning potential (Capped at 10% takehome per month).

I work in a mid sized US city and make 200k minus about 75k of necessary to operate expenses. The key is to advertise and keep your expenses low. And it is like that scene in Carlito's Way----

"...New rule, everyone pays!"

cash retainers up front or no go. Every asshole has a 700 dollar Iphone but they think you should be free.

Computer nerds got real good at spotting the scammers who want you to work for free. Lawyers who are young need to get better at this.

Mainly I take on middle and working class customers who are gainfully employed as I know they can and will pay me.

Another dirty little secret is that 30% of all bills go unpaid so make sure they are paid up before the end of the case or you will get no money.

If I had it all over again I would probably have just become a civil engineer. But 15 years ago who would have thought that we'd be rebuilding an entire region of the world that hated us? Those guys were mocked in school as having dementia concretia and now they dont do fuckshit, work for Black and Veatch designing trenches and roads that may never get built.
>>
>>55239593
>Law school has sapped the life out of me. I don't even want a girlfriend. Life is just an empty shell for me.

Sounds like the school have preped you perfectly to live off other people's misary.
>>
>>55239593
I'm going to start studying law in a few years. Are there any things I should know about?
>>
>>55242610
>I'm going to start studying law in a few years. Are there any things I should know about?

none of this really applies to you as law is a undergraduate degree in your country then you need to 'read' for the bar.
>>
>>55239593
You're getting bummed out by the MPRE? That was so easy I had to look it up to remember what it was.

You better buckle down when it's time to take the bar exam, or the three years of suffering will be for nothing.
>>
>>55243023
>You better buckle down when it's time to take the bar exam, or the three years of suffering will be for nothing.

I think I may have studied a week for MPRE. All you have to know is what rules are must-do and which are should-do.

He'll just be one of those dumbfucks that pays Kaplan 2500 bucks to re-teach him lawchool in pneumonic device form.

Those are always the lowest tier of law student. The ones who don't kaplan are either smart enough not to need it or broke. I was a little of both.

If you are your defense table and co-counsel starts mouthing the pneumonics for hearsay exceptions just yell objection, make sure that it is logged, and withdraw from the case. (only kind of joking here)

And there is bar exam materials right now on TPB so get with downloading it.
>>
>>55239593
Law school is no thinking, just reading until you understand it by the word, you are basically trying as hard as you can to be like your pc in memorizing things.
>>
>>55243129
I can't remember a thing about the MPRE, other than it was one of many pre-bar annoying road bumps to be cleared.
I can remember having to play tag with the police station for weeks to get my fingerprints taken for the bar application, so I assume that getting fingerprinted was more difficult than the MPRE was.
>>
>>55243238
>Law school is no thinking, just reading until you understand it by the word, you are basically trying as hard as you can to be like your pc in memorizing things.

that's the european civil law system. Here in the US we have Westlaw to do the memorizing for us.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.