[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pros and cons of NY splitting in half like pic shown? Would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: ny_split.png (50 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
ny_split.png
50 KB, 500x300
Pros and cons of NY splitting in half like pic shown? Would you support the idea?
>>
>>55238594
only if we get to firebomb the entire blue part
>>
You forgot suburbs.
>>
But my in-laws live on long island and it usually votes red...
>>
>>55238594
NYC is based.

Easy sex.
Good food.
Employment whenever you want it.

Don't know why gays like you hate it so much.
>>
WNY reporting in. I've dreamt of this for years. Anything to not be associated with downstate fucks.
>>
>>55238594
Northern Californians desperately want something similar.
>>
Stop painting LI blue faggot.

Not that I live anywhere near that state anymore, much as I might like to.
>>
File: wewlad.png (172 KB, 462x949) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
172 KB, 462x949
>>55239016

got some news for you
>>
but then where would the red part get all their money from?
>>
>>55239131
That's not typical though I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>55239016

no it's usually pretty close to 50/50, and that's assuming you're only counting the suburbs and not Queens/Brooklyn
>>
>>55239139
Presumably the same hole in the universe New Hampshire would get its money from if Massachusetts was gone.
>>
>>55239139
>get all their money from?
The existing state transfer tax on Wall St.

Or I guess faglord york could just refund the whole thing every time and then argue about the budget for months on end every time.
>>
File: 2004.png (201 KB, 474x962) Image search: [Google]
2004.png
201 KB, 474x962
>>55239170

this is what it looks like when a republican wins
>>
>>55239131
Yeah except the part of Long Island that is actually Long Island voted 50-60% Obama. In case you're not familiar with math this means the remaining 40-50% were voting Romney.

Take it from someone who grew up there, it's mostly Repub. They just don't vote enough.
>>
>>55239262
>They just don't vote enough.

Then it literally doesn't matter. Your anecdotal evidence isn't compelling.
>>
>>55239219
>>55239176
odd it seemed like a very repuclican-y community when I visit. I know all my family there are registered republicans
>>
>>55239289
His anecdotal evidence is compelling
>someone who grew up there
>who grew up there
>grew
>past tense of the English language
>>
>>55239289
>Implying your vote matters in NY
>>
>>55239289
>going to make up that million vote deficit brought to you by NYC
>>
>>55238594

>not including Orange County and Putnam in the blue

nah, nigga.
>>
>>55239178
No one is saying you can't visit for the summer of go skiing, just stop moving here and turning it into Mass. 2: Electric Liberaloo
>>
>>55239307
theres millions of jews, negros, spics, and asians tho
>>
>>55239454
I guess they live in the Italian part, that was the majority there.

Going there for thanksgiving will investigate further
>>
>>55239391
845 expatriate here.
>>
>>55238594
All pros. No cons
>>
Putnam is definitely blue, though its been 50/50ish
>>
>>55239764
845 also, where u from?
>>
>>55239937
used to be Brewster
>>
>>55238594
Its perfect, name the shit red part Albany and keep the blue as New York
>>
>>55240245
i like New Albany and Old York
>>
>>55238594

Pros

>Republican state out of thin air
>2 republican senators and maybe a couple house members
>takes electoral votes away from

Cons

>

There is literally no downside to it
>>
>>55238594
PROS:
The 51 in a small area will no linger have control in the state assembly over the 49 in a large area.
>Yes I know the proportions are separate

If upstate wants to:
>frack
>hunt
>own semi automatic firearms
>sell cigarettes for cheap
>have non-diversified schools
>reject common core
>reject housing projects
>reject bloated social services
>reject some of the liberal state judges
etc, it can do so.

CONS:
>Most of upstate is a net drain on the treasury, some of the towns going into debt to pay off things like sewer plants and infrastructure (often with deferments and subsidies from the state, i.e. mostly downstate).

>Most of downstate is a net revenue producer to the treasury.

>Upstate's social services, school services and infrastructure would have to be slimmed down, or go into debt.

>Upstate's GDP would be reduced.

Also, there are certain benefits of being in the same state:
>Cheaper tuition for elite NYC colleges
>Ease of starting a business in NYC
>Ease of getting permits and such
>Pay less tolls/fares traveling in-state than out of state (theoretically)

Splitting the state would also have to get through congress.

General issues, neither pro nor con:
In such a case, services would have to be split. Contracts between NYC and upstate locations renegotiated. Pipelines, trucking routes, electric lines, phone lines etc- they go through the state, but mostly thanks to companies HQd in NYC. Will these be auctioned? Sold? Renegotionated? How will licenses and permits valid just the day before be valid at that point (most likely the stipulations would be that effective date xx/xx/xxxx such and such.) "Nationalized?". Who pays back loans NYS took out from the federal government? This is going to be legally tricky and expensive.

Also, would you like to combine some counties with PA or NJ?

Also, you'd have two extra GOP senators.
>>
>>55240457
NY Republicans in the Senate are working hand in hand with Gov Cuomo. A NY Republican is John Rockefeller, not Ted Cruz
>>
585 reporting in. Please God make it so.
>>
>>55240495
>would you like to combine some counties with PA
no, get out
>NJ
no, don't let them in
>>
Albany should be blue.

>>55239131
>based Putnam County
The only reasonable downstate county.

>>55239391
>>55239860
Putnam is a Republican stronghold. They issue concealed carry permits like candy, and their school districts are constantly in the news because their students are openly racist against blacks.
>>
Last November we were able to get a conservative elected in the 1st congressional district. Basically the eastern half of Long Island. Lee Zeldin.

1st senate district, Ken Lavalle (R) just re-won election the other day.

Long Island isn't totally lost, but it's becoming increasingly difficult as the city and population keeps expanding eastward.
>>
>>55239307
You are a stupid, PRETENTIOUS, Canadian faggot

NYC and L.I. is liberal fucking central

now shut the fuck up and go watch hockey or some shit
>>
>>55240519
>John Rockefeller

The upstate is becoming blue at this point as well; if it was still Dem NYC against Rep upstate elections would still be like 52-47 Democratic instead of 60-38 Democratic
>>
>>55240926
Democrat, yes. Elitist, yes. Liberal, not really. At least for the suburbs. Westchester currently has a Republican county executive because Obama's HUD tried to (and is still trying to) shove nig housing down the throats of wealthy communities because the last Dem executive took HUD money with bad strings attached and the residents balked. Doesn't sound much like a liberal bunch.
>>
Not even the whole blue part. That island, whatever it's called. It is basically vestigial to the body New York. Even Manhattan. That jutting island-part, that's the part that wants to be its own state, because it is treated like the side-yard, the part behind the fence.
>>
>>55239016
Long Island and Staten Island are purple, and even the Red ones are Rockefeller/GWB/Romney/Peter King type republicans.
>>55239065
Hey I have a love/hate relationship with NYC as well. I came back temporarily to take care of some family business. I missed being able to go around the corner to the bodega at 3AM for a beer, some toilet paper, a disposable razor and Arab chicken over rice.

I miss the chicks I used to bang.

But fuck the niggers, business regulations, corrupt civil service, and corrupt unions here.
>>55239100
California needs this more than NY. Texas has the 5-state-failsafe written into its constitution, and they're politically homogeneous.
California though has wildly different cultures, economic factions and racial blocs vying for power. Stuff like this caused civil wars in countries of smaller size.
>>55239131
If we split the state, causing the welfare state to decrease, it would probably cause a mass blue exodus into NYC.
>>
>>55238594
I would support it, make the shitty liberal half change its name as New York needs to be the major pieces name. They didn't do anything to deserve being associated with that leftist shithole.
Adirondack is sexy af btw
>>
>>55240600
Western and parts of northern NY to PA. One huge fracking state is created. Northeastern NY can go to vermont. Downstate can go to Northern NJ. Southern NJ can join PA.
>Yes I know this isn't really feasible
>>55240519
>NY Republicans in the Senate are working hand in hand with Gov Cuomo. A NY Republican is John Rockefeller, not Ted Cruz
This has been going on for a while, especially when Shelly Silver was running the show. However that was the cost of doing business in a blue state. If the demographics were reddened, it may be more attentive to districts instead of some Democrats from 200 miles away.
>>
>>55241716
PA once almost split apart like Virginia. I kind of like driving through Nowhere, NY out in the forgotten Western part of it. Don't merge it into PA.

And don't you start this fracking shit up again. LI has one of the nicest aquafers around. Don't you fuck it up any worse. And don't you fuck up PA. There's more than enough coal here if that's what you're after.
>>
>>55241854
NY can combine its natural gas reserves with PA's coal and gas reserves to control a good amount of the East's energy, translating to financial and political bargaining power
>That is unless the coal mines and gas companies aren't owned by NYC pricks anyway

>LI has one of the nicest aquafers around. Don't you fuck it up any worse.
Get your head out of your ass and talk to some engineers, geo-physicists and control analysts in the field. Fracking has an ever-present chance of effecting groundwater and aquifers, but it's not typical.
>>
>>55241988
You fucking pleb. Do you really think NY needs more bargaining power? Who do you think took the shoe-in future head of France, a Jew by the way, and tossed him into a dirty JYC jail cell for a while after he spouted off a little too much about replacing the Dollar with and SDR? It was NY. Don't talk to me about bargaining power.

And if assholes like yourself who have little to no understanding of science, let alone finance, history, statehood, etc. then please keep your destruction to my precious homeland and out of my new residence.
>>
File: Opposition_to_SAFE_Act.jpg (114 KB, 879x676) Image search: [Google]
Opposition_to_SAFE_Act.jpg
114 KB, 879x676
relevant pic
>>
>>55242157
>Do you really think NY needs more bargaining power?
Upstate NY. In a hypothetical split, where USNY is a newly created state.

Not Downstate where all the financial centers, media companies, universities, think tanks, NGOs, advertising/PR firms, television studios, "Public Awareness Non-Profits", lobbying groups and the UN are headquartered.

>Who do you think took the shoe-in future head of France, a Jew by the way, and tossed him into a dirty JYC jail cell
I've been following the Domonique Strauss Kahn case and am aware of this. Players within the system, within the NYC power structure, did him in.
It's a shame. He supported an international currency peg, perhaps SDR, perhaps precious metals, and supported cutting France's bloated civil service sector. The only downside is that he was a pro-migrant kike like the rest of them
>http://www.ccme.org.ma/fr/medias-et-migration/7168

>assholes like yourself who have little to no understanding of science
I am notably a layman, but am probably more scientifically literate than the average person.
>finance
I wasn't aware I was deficient in my own field.
>history
Perhaps not to the doctoral level, but I would say at least at equivalent to history degree dropout that subsequently read about 15 history books a year to remain sharp.
>statehood
I think i demonstrated at least a basic understanding of
>how a state would secede (through intra-state, then congressional approval),
>factors that would lead to secession
>the problems involved, the civics issues when metropolitan areas of high population and small size control issues of the state at-large- with different cultures, lifestyles, economies and backgrounds, in a classic 51 vs 49 setup, the pros and cons, and >pros and Cons
>complications that may arise in such a split
etc.

Check my posts bro.
>>
>>55243135
Most financial workers are deficient in their own field. That's why they stay there and think they're all that. I could tell you stories.

But at least now we know we're both New Yorkers. I'm about to go upstate again in a few weeks. I truly, honestly love New York. I love the way it looks. I love the way it smells. I'd love to go back home again one day.

But don't go around saying shit about other states until such time as NY has its own house in order. As things stand, I stand by the state I live in. I quite like it here. I don't have my amplifier up at 11 like I have to do in NY. I still have my amplifier and it still goes to 11. But sometimes I like it quiet and nice like the rest of the people here.
>>
>>55239307
Staten and Long Islanders tend to vote Republican for local and state offices, but Democrat for President. Due to Republicans from New York being slightly more liberal than the national party.
>>
>>55243290

>Most financial workers are deficient in their own field.
I can't argue with that. I also can't argue with the company that paid me a bonus to stay on.
> I could tell you stories.
Let's trade. Are yours mostly from banking? I'm in internal financial controls.

>I love the way it looks. I love the way it smells. I'd love to go back home again one day.
We can keep it that way by severing it from the slime pit (which ships undesirables up north which it doesn't want to deal with).

>But don't go around saying shit about other states
I didn't start the fire. A few towns on the border are already threatening to secede.

>until such time as NY has its own house in order.
1. Sever USNY and DSNY
2. Starve the welfare state, ensuring leeches move back to DSNY
3. Ramp up the tobbacco, fracking, fur, lumber and firearms industries with no input from DSNY
4. Sell off or lease parts of USNY public land previously off limits because of DSNY environmentalists
5. Use this to pay down municipal debt
6. Institute a right to work law and end corporate income taxes to revamp the steel industry
Culturally, politically, and resource -wise primes for a merger with much of PA

> I stand by the state I live in.
All my respect for PA outside of Phil.
>I like it quiet and nice like the rest of the people here.
You mean like most of USNY?

>>55243650
No. Even the half that are GOP are RINOs . They're either Rockefeller/Romney Republicans or national security state Republicans.

They are all in the pockets of the Civil Service Unions anyway. If any San Men are in this thread, you know that you run SI with an iron fist.
>>
Why did you post a photoshopped picture of Ukraine?
>>
>>55238594

Yes, Jew York must be separated from New York so it's a smaller target allowing accurate nuking
>>
File: sweden.png (85 KB, 253x288) Image search: [Google]
sweden.png
85 KB, 253x288
>>55244369
>>
>>55238594
>in half
Thanks, common core.
>>
>>55245238
Jokes aside.

It looks like a spaceship in a damage-o-graph where the blue areas are the impact area and damage area and the thing it hit.
>>
>>55239100
The great state of Jefferson. It's got 11 northern counties in ca to vote to suceed
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.