[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /pol/ consensus on Freud? He's of Jewish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (645 KB, 1412x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
645 KB, 1412x2000
What's the /pol/ consensus on Freud?
He's of Jewish upbringing but American Jews tend to resent him and all of his ideas.
>>
>>55229070
confirmation bias champion.
>>
File: vagoo.jpg (25 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
vagoo.jpg
25 KB, 350x250
>>55229070
>I want to fuck my mom
>But I have to be normal
>Everyone wants to fuck their mom
>>
>>55229070
I'm more interested in object relations theory.
>>
We can all agree Freud had serious mommy issues.

The modern American Psychological Association is filled with dirty kikes, having sneakily removed Gender Identity Disorder from their big book of ways goyim are fucked in the head.
>>
>>55229070
Most of his ideas are not believed by modern psychologists and a lot of what he said was non scientific since it's not falsifiable.
>>
>>55229070
A quack among quacks.
>>
An iconic Jewish fraud. Set psychology back tremendously, like Jews do to most sciences. I recommend reading what Dr. Kevin Macdonald has written about him.
>>
>>55229070
He was a fraud that wanted to fuck his mother and kill his father. He projected these feelings upon everyone else. Most of Freud's hypotheses are either disproven, or considered backwards among most psychologists. Oh yeah, he was a Jew too. So there's that...
>>
>>55229070
>American Jews tend to resent him and all of his ideas.
not true. Jews push him in all their media and hype him up

in reality he was a racist zealous fuck up obsessed with sex and incest who had everything he ever said proved wrong.

>American Jew media "b but he tried, and the way he tried was sooo amazing"
>>
His name is a Fraudian slip.
>>
File: Freud's nephew, Edward Bernays.jpg (23 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Freud's nephew, Edward Bernays.jpg
23 KB, 500x282
If Freud was such a fucking hack, how come the propaganda and marketing conditioning techniques based on his work continue to operate so well?
>>
>>55232424
Found the Jew.
>>
I haven't read much Freud but it seems to me that a lot of what he said was to just rationalise his own problems.

Which I can't really fault him for I'm pretty sure we're all guilty of doing that at some point however I don't think many of us then try to package it as wisdom.
>>
>>55232585

This isn't even a knee-jerk response. Are you a bot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

educate yourself nigger
>>
>>55229070

freud in a nutshell

>wants to bang his mum
>closet fag

he would fit the pieces of what his clients said into either category.
>>
>>55232424
those techniques aren't REALLY based on Freud. it is just advertising and propaganda only loosely associated with freudian theory.
>>
Freud and the others involved with psychoanalysis had many fascinating ideas. They've just been abused by those trying to adapt them to politics.
>>
>>55231213

Civilization and its discontents is good though.
>>
>>55229070
American Jews? Philip Roth worships Freud. It's just that he's a fraud, was exposed several times over, and now educated people cannot be Bernaysishly crazy about Freud any more than they can be creationist.
>>
Freud is a really excellent writer. /pol/ doesn't read though.
>>
Didn't some young girl go to Freud for help because she was being hit on by some old jewish man and he told her to just give in and fuck him?
>>
>>55233588
I always thought Jung was more interesting.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 641x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 641x960
>>55229070
absolute weasel who set out to destroy the concept of the soul. He was totally fine with swindling and seducing patients.

All his theories are literal memes that have no basis in scientific analysis.

all you need to know:
http://youtu.be/iSKIM75UXaI
>>
grossly unscientific cokehead, that being said he has some interesting ideas and writes superbly
>>
>>55229070
watch Century of the Self, great documentary

Freud was partly indirectly responsible for consumerism taking over America, along with by the juice in his family.
>>
>>55229070
Something something I need to fuck my mom and women that look like her.
>>
File: 14462222295595.jpg (23 KB, 200x217) Image search: [Google]
14462222295595.jpg
23 KB, 200x217
>>55231448
>>
>>55229070
He founded what is basically a junk science
based on the idea that the human mind was basically untrustworthy and irrational.
So how can you trust as a rational thinker someone who believes so strongly in the irrationality of his own mind?
>>
He's a exemplar to his field, like Plato to Philosophy or Herodotus to History, who even if his methods / theories are somehow objectively wrong, he still serves as being the first influential and primeval thinker whose writings created a whole entire field filled with his successors trying to mimic and correct him.
>>
>>55236301
Another misconception people have is that people think he was the founder of psychology, or as you put it, "the first influential and primeval thinker" in the field. That's just not true at all. He may be influential but certain isn't the first influential thinker in the field.
>>
>>55233749
My nigga. Jung was much more interesting than Freud
>>
>>55237140
This. Threadly reminder that modern neuroscience will make psychoanalysis and psychodynamic "theories" definitively irrelevant in a few decades. The only people left sucking Freud's cock will be /humanities/ fags trying to appeal to "muh psychology" which will, by then, hopefully as obsolete as alchemy.
>>
>>55237816
I hope you're not implying psychology is nothing more than psychoanaysis and psychodynamic theories. Those are both on the non scientific end of psychological study which don't represent psychology as a whole or what it is today. There is definitely a scientific side to psychology as well which do relate to other fields such as neuroscience like you mentioned. Psychology has played a part in advancing modern neuroscience and vice versa (ever heard of Cognitive neuroscience?).
>>
Honestly he was just an irl psychology shitposter who knew no one would be able to disprove his theories in the time he made them.

The only thing I find even slightly interesting is id, ego, and superego, and I don't believe it's accurate.
>>
>>55238125
I don't consider cognitive neuroscience to be integrally part of psychology in a historical and philosophical sense. If anything, it is as equally an outgrowth of biology and medicine. I would say the same for behavioral neuroscience and behavioral genetics.

I could elaborate, but the term psychology has become so political and muddied in the past 70 years that I don't think it is very informative. To the extent that it is, it does not easily convey my research interests and professional stances.

In my experience, if you tell people you are a psychologist, they just want to question you about Freud and Rogers and stuff like that. All in all, the state of the field today is a sodding mess and I'm not sure there even is an easy definition of what that is, be it good or bad. Personally, that kind of digs at me. You might feel differently.
>>
>>55239643
> All in all, the state of the field today is a sodding mess
Would you say it's in a worse off state than it was at any point in the past? I mean sure it's still getting its act together but I don't think it's regressed as you seem to think. Also, I'm fine with psychology complementing other fields whether it be biology, linguistics, etc.
>>
>>55234719
Nice gender fluid guy you got there in you pic
>>
>>55231213

Yes, falsifiabilty is the issue, but falsifiabilty is not the be-all and end-all of what constitutes valid science. Read up on some philosophy of science - two semesters in undergrad plus a hardcore one for senior undergrads ought to be a basic requirement for a B.Sc. Too many "STEM" grads being pumped out these days without ever being pushed to consider what knowing is, what the basis of knowing something is, or really any metaphysical ideas at all. You know, the ones that have been the basis for a classical university education for millenia.

So these science grads go bullheaded into life, if they're lucky they're snatched up into grad school, and they go on to struggle to make a mark in their field and never come up with any truly groundbreaking ideas...all while moving through life with this horrible gaping sense of emptiness they drown in beer and whiskey. Some realize that thinking about epistemology a little bit is worthwhile. They've got a good prognosis. Many go on to look at the world through greedy reductionism and get blinded to their own ignorance. For most, that emptiness still remains to be filled, generally with copious amounts of beer.

>effortposting in /pol/, must fit in
>beer
>the fermented jew
>>
>>55232424
>marketing conditioning techniques

Moishe Shekelberg pls go
>>
>>55233471
agree, civilization and its discontents is a great text arguing for restraint and against liberal decadence

freud is a hero imo. his ideas that humans are basically base creatures in need of control and repression imo makes him a natural ally to conservatives against Rousseau paradigm idiots that think everyone will just come together and sing kumbaya

he was a jew, yes, but not all jews are bad. jesus was a jew
>>
>>55240365
SQUARE
Q
U
A
R
E
>>
>>55238125
>>55237816
I love you neuropsychology fags. Most of the shit that I read about you idiots 'discovering' is so shallow and could have easily been understood by thoroughly reading Freud/Rank/Becker/Jung.
>>
>>55240219
It was certainly more homogeneously staunch in its commitment to the ideals of science and basic research prior to WWII. Even guys like Wunt and Tichner were deathly serious about their research methods, even if they were obviously flawed and laughable today.

Nowadays, I see a lot of people in personality theory, counseling, and social psychology not even trying to presume to be scientists or experimenters. That bothers me.

Incidentally, the rise of this sort of disciplinary "culture" is contemporary with increasing numbers of women entering the field and the rise of humanistic/eclectic theories (e.g., primal scream, logotherapy, "I'm ok, you're ok"). I have to think that that served a function in steering the culture of departments seen to have been run by uptight old men concerned more with the minutiae of the scientific method than immediately getting to the real matter of human well-being, consciousness, and thought.

This overzealous instinct has been something constantly battled in the history of psychology. I would say that we succumbed heavily to it in the '60s and have been slowly edging forward since in some cases. The APA is a totally lost cause, though. APS is alright.
>>
>>55241639
How can you use Jung to improve prognostic outcomes for traumatic brain injury or Alzheimers? If you want to discuss fun fictions and speculate about cool ideas, get the fuck back to philosophy and literature and stop selling an ignorant public false hopes.
>>
>>55236301

Someone gets it.
>>
>>55229070
He was creepy and assumed everyone was as creepy as him. That was his problem.
>>
>>55231990
Underrated post
>>
>>55229070
he's brilliant but wrong about a lot of things
>>
>>55241088

You're just really dense aren't you
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.