[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so here is my problem. I have been working on a report about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: cuba.jpg (146 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
cuba.jpg
146 KB, 1000x668
Okay so here is my problem. I have been working on a report about why the embargo on Cuba should be lifted. Just a little while ago, a classmate approached me and said "Didn't you know the embargo WAS lifted?" I talked to the professor about it and he said he thought that it had been lifted as well (this is a Comm class so it's not the prof's fault for not knowing). Anyways, i have been doing a ton of research and can't find anything saying this is the case. So why did they both think that? Is there something I'm not finding?
>>
>>55223962
I thought this as well. I recall Obama saying something about lifting the embargo, no idea if anything actually happened though.
>>
>>55223962
>this is a Comm class so it's not the prof's fault for not knowing
Yes, it is the prof's fault. You need to call these people out on their bullshit every time they speak. Every time. If the prof doesn't know, then the prof is committing fraud by charging money for bullshit and calling it education. Hold them accountable, do not forgive.
>>
I am completely aware that Obama wants to lift it and has even put in motion plans to have it lifted, but it could not have possibly happened already. At least thats what i thought.
>>
>>55223962
It amazes me that college educated idviduals are so fucking dumb and ill informed

Only the Congress has the power to lift the entire embargo(Which consists of several acts passed in the sixties and onwards)

But the Obama administration has stated a policy of easing restrictions and trying to reform relations with Cuba.

In reality he has no power to do anything more than what he already has done and even that is pushing the boundaries of what is legal
>>
>>55224872
That's literally what i'm asking. I know that if it were up to Obama it would already be gone. But it isn't. That's why I'm asking whether or not Congress has gone ahead with that.
>>
>>55225012
No and they aren't going too or at least have any plans too in the near future

As far as Obama goes he is getting his hands in what he can and influencing and controlling certain departments like the State department to ease restrictions like travel and reestablishing diplomatic ties

But this is all under presidential directive and can and will probably will be reversed by the next president very easily
>>
>>55225361
Thank you for the information. If you have any idea why multiple people are under the impression that it recently has?
>>
>>55224345
AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>55225506
Because they listen to the shit spewing main stream media that's why. Im sure they think that if they get the public believing that relations have normalized between Cuba and the US(protip: They haven't) they can pressure the right to acquiesce to Obamas demands. Which is a typical tactic of the left

Trust me as long as Guantanamo bay is open for business relations will NEVER normalize and you see how far Obama has gotten trying to shut that down

Basically all that is happening is Obama and Lurch kerrys state department is rolling over and sucking what Cuba will put in their mouths much like Iran
>>
>>55223962
No, as a Cuban the embargo must be held up, all communists and communistic thought should be executed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFHhqlfypOo
>>
You should write a paper on why Cuba's economy is thriving thanks to the embargo.
>>
>>55223962
The embargo has been eased, but it hasn't been lifted.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07buRRJ6s4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJzV6-wJ3SQ

All un-americans must be exposed.
>>
File: jew.jpg (15 KB, 214x300) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
15 KB, 214x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJzV6-wJ3SQ
filthy media communist kikes getting jailed, God Bless.
>>
File: cuba.jpg (81 KB, 1605x793) Image search: [Google]
cuba.jpg
81 KB, 1605x793
>Embargo Cuba

>Oh but we'll sell you corn

Americans.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.