[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /pol/, what did your family do during World War 2? >dad's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: occupymap.jpg (57 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
occupymap.jpg
57 KB, 600x394
So, /pol/, what did your family do during World War 2?

>dad's father was a Marine aviator fighter pilot
>dad's mom was a nurse
>mom's parents worked for the free french
>>
grandparents: be toddlers in america
great grandparents: ??? one of them dead
>>
One side was Irish so literally traitors who did nothing
Other side joined the home guard due to an eye condition
>>
>>55223584
My paternal grandfather joined partisans in october of 1941, he deserted in february of 1942 because he was left to defend some stupid rock that was under Ĩetnik and german attack, he was mobilized after fall of italy in 1943. Rest of fathers side lived relativly normal(except when italians burned their neibghorhood because somebody threw bomb at italian patrol).

Maternal side was getting shot by SS Prinz Eugen division. My grandpa survived because he was too young to be shot.
>>
>>55223584
My great grandparents fought so the Jews could take over the world
>Because merica
>>
>>55223584
nothing, what was happening in Germany had nothing to do with me.
>>
My mom's family, from South America, was having fiesta all day every day.
My dad's family, from Poland, was dying.
>>
File: 1445109042393.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1445109042393.gif
957 KB, 500x418
Hello.

Mother's mother was a Burmese POW of the Japanese.
Mother's father was in the Air Force but had more of a desk job.

Father's father was a pilot. Flew a P-47. I have a pic but I really don't feel like having you faggots look me up.
>>
>>55223584
Being gased on ovens
>>
>>55225627
Female POW of the Japs = comfort woman. That sucks bro.
>>
>>55223584
Fighting in Italy
>>
>>55226004
FEB?
>>
My dad's father was a tank driver and fought the germans
>>
Killed eachother in Spain.
>>
>>55226183
one side of the family was FEB, the other was Polish II Corps
>>
My great grandfather saved Private Ryan
>>
>>55223584
Grandfather was a British paratrooper. Fought on DDay and the Battle of the Bulge, where he was injured and captured by the Germans. Was liberated at the end of the War.
>>
>>55223584
Grandfather lied about his age to get into navy. Went to guam, came back 6 years later had my dad and aunts. Lived in the same town in Iowa his whole damn life.
>>
>Both my grandpa's saw there older brothers off to war
>Dads mom was fucking around on a farm
>Moms mom was probably at the horse races or some old money shit.

Fun fact that my Mom's dad's brother who went to war later became one of the first CIA agents and was involved with some shady spook shit in post-war china that My grandpa was ominously vague about
>>
>>55226645
hey, without farmers there is no frontlines

it'd not that glorious... but it's equally important.
>>
Both my grandfathers were in the RAAF. One was a radar operator and the other was a pilot flying twin engine planes.
>>
>>55223584

>Grandparents on both sides were Catholics in Poland
>Friends killed by Germans
>lolfuckthis.jpg and escaped to America
>>
File: laughing nazis.jpg (50 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
laughing nazis.jpg
50 KB, 500x260
>>55223584
My grandfather died in the holocaust. He fell off the guard tower.
>>
>>55227168

Why would they need guard towers at Auschwitz?
>>
Paternal grandfather turned 18 in January 1945 and was almost killed in training camp by another recruit's fuckup with explosives. After he healed he was assigned to work on landing ships that were supposed to be used in Operation Downfall, which would have been basically a suicide mission for him if it had actually gone forward.
Maternal grandfather served in Europe, but that's about all I know--he died a long time before I was born, and my mom is a big lefty who doesn't like talking about that kind of stuff.
>>
>>55223584
Most of them lived under Japanese occupation in the Philippines.

My dad told me how his dad had to avoid and dodge Japanese soldiers a bunch. It was more manageable where he lived(next to Lingayen Gulf) since they didn't have many soldiers outside of Manila.

Another story that he told me was about his dad's reaction to the US Navy when they finally reached the Philippines later on in the war. Since he'd never seen a warship before, he was in complete awe when one day he just woke up and saw the US fleet sail into the Lingayen Gulf. But that wasn't even the most impressive part for him. The most impressive part for him was when the Navy just started bombarding the shores and he was just in complete disbelief at the firepower.
>>
My grandfather died at Auschwitz. He fell out of a guard tower.
Never forgotten.
>>
>>55228346
see
>>55227328

I don't understand
>>
>>55223584
>Dad's father fought in the winter war and the continuation war.
>Dad's mom was in Lotta SvƤrd
>Mom's mother wasn't born during the ww2, and her dad lived in a war torn Wroclaw as a 4 year old kid.
>>
>>55223584
Grandpa was a staff sergeant (UK) and fought in italy. Other side (french canadian) worked in a shipyard in halifax.
>>
>>55228611
also fought in africa
>>
My grandad was a gunner on a destroyer that was sunk near Indonesia. Made it to shore, was captured by the Japanese and was a prisoner of war for a few years. Saw some pretty turnt up shit, mates cut in half and the like.
>>
Great Grandparents were all in agriculture and protected from the draft.
>>
Work in USA as usual
>>
great uncle was tail gunner in a Lancaster and helped bomb the shit out of Dresdin. His brother, my grandpa was too young and only made it to general training by the time the war ended.
>>
Jew

Dunno because Grandad was really silent about it til he died only pried a few shit

>Grandad was in a bomber plane?
>He did something with weather?
>Took part in planning D-Day
>Had a war wound in the back of his neck, bullet struck him and could've been crippled

Thats all I know

>I have no idea about Holocaust
>Grandma's family left before it happened, apparently her family members that stayed got wiped out

Cant confirm if its true, dont really care honestly
>>
One grandfather fought from June 22 to the invasion of the Japanese islands in 1945. Escaped certain death (tank commander of T-26 tank) in early 1941 when the 24th army was pretty much destroyed. In 1942 was deployed to the Stalingrad front after the break though into Leningrad was called off. Played a role in encircling the German 6th army in early 1943 with his T-34. From there he went on to Kursk, Ukraine, and Berlin. A few weeks after he was redeployed to the far East but did not see too much action.

The other grandpa was younger (13 at time of invasion) so all he really did was dig graves/trenches.... The poor man is still alive yet seems to be suffering.
>>
File: P9gKNXj.png (360 KB, 799x448) Image search: [Google]
P9gKNXj.png
360 KB, 799x448
>>55227328
>>55228376
Kek. Not knowing the meme.
>>
>>55223584
Family lived in Croatia up until the axis lost control, was able to escape to Italy a few days before coatia fell. Once Italy fell they moved to the states. They gave me the stupidest fucking last name in the world, but I'd say I have a pretty cool family history.
>>
>>55223584
Grandfather was in the UPA, killed Poles, Jews, Commies and Nazis. Feels good man. Got over here at just the last possible second.

Other grandfather was too young, went to Berlin to study after it was over. Loved to fuck with the CIA and took the train across the wall all the time. Got interrogated about it, ended up taking pictures of one of their tunnels in the the Soviet side and sent them home to the school newspaper. The pictures never made it home. Somehow he didn't get his ass shot.
>>
Grandpa on my dad's side didn't really talk about it. All I know is he drove a truck in the army or something.

Grandpa on my mom's side is deaf because of some fever when he was three. He couldn't go so he made dentures.
>>
Well, my grandparents were all born around 1930, so they were too young to have fought. Luckily my great-grandparents had the foresight to get the fuck out of poland before the war. Not exactly sure what their reasons for emigrating were. Saw the writing on the wall and knew poland would get torn apart by jews and gommunists? Who knows
>>
>>55223584
Grandfather and great uncle (not related and different sides of family) were US tankers. Both deceased, unfortunately.

Uncle was a prolific wartime photographer (amateur) and pretty soon I'm going to borrow his album and scan everything.
>>
File: 1428258915135.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
1428258915135.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>Grandfather fights entire war on the eastern front
>He was literally a liberator
>Took part in german invasion
>Took part in Battle of Berlin
>Probably got to LIBERATE some german wimminz on the way there
>>
>Grandpa on my mom's side was on a water purifying ship because he's a massive pussy
>Grandpa on my dad's side was a tail gunner in one of our bomber planes because he's not a massive pussy
>I Don't know what the women did
>>
File: telerik.jpg (70 KB, 1062x362) Image search: [Google]
telerik.jpg
70 KB, 1062x362
>>55224658
Oddly enough, I found a company that uses an (inverted) Prinz Eugen Odal rune as their company logo.

Apparently, they are a Bulgarian technology firm... Bulgaria, of course, having helped Prinz Eugen's rampaging in Yugoslavia.

Telerik did not particularly care for my suggestion that they change their slogan to 'The Final Solution to your IT Questions'.
>>
>>55223584
grandad was in an infanertie division in france. part of a mortar crew, I think. captured near falaise in '44. sent here as a POW. stayed here and went into farming.
>>
>>55223584
>Dad father had to steal nazi scientists and got shot by a USSR faggot
>Dad mom didn't nothing
>Dad father brother was one of the refueling pilots
>>
>>55223584
Lived under Japanese occupation in South Vietnam. They barely noticed it or the Vietnam War itself 2bh, they were pretty far from it all.
>>
>>55223584
My grandfather scratched his balls with trophy catanas so i can't even joke about him liberating germans
>>
>>55223584

killed japs
>>
My gramps from my mum's side was an infantry soldier fighting against the Italians even reaching up to Albania, only to get pushed back when the Germans came knocking and from my dad's side he was also an infantry soldier fighting at the same place.
>>
>both grandfathers were in WWII
>one drove tanks
>the other in the army
>that's it
>>
Average shmucks running a grocery shop.
>>
>>55223584
Mom and dad were not born; mom's parents were civilians; my father's mother was a commie partisan on the border of Italy an France, my grandpa was not giving a shit.
>>
>>55223584
Fuck you ww2 was worse for western civilization than than ww1. Who cares what your family did to ruin the future of humanity.
>>
my grandfathers joined the 2. and the 3. oversea parisan brigade. one grandma was a courier for the partisans, the other one was too young.
>>
>>55223584
My grandpa made bombs for Mussolini. He also made the best pasta you've ever tasted. His wife was a bitch.
>>
My grandfather was in the Portuguese airforce. Officially neutral. His job was loading ordinance on to bombers.

My other grandfather is unaccounted for during the war. He was too young to enlist in the Canadian army. My mother asked him about what he did during that time and she says he said something vague about "woods in Austria" or something like that.

I think she misheard and he was actually just doing his regular logging work in the Quebec bush.
>>
>>55240233
Ur family could have improved the future of humanity by killing themselves
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.