[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I go about getting my very own island where I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
How would I go about getting my very own island where I could create a utopia away from all the progressive bullshit?
>>
>>55221134
Well first you got to sail all over the place till you find one and if you do check on the map if it is on it and if it is then check if any country owns it if none then it is all yours and follow this

http://m.wikihow.com/Start-Your-Own-Country
>>
>>55221134
Have a whole lot of money.
Have even more money.
Have a lot more money than that.
Now add even more money.
Get more money.
Still get more money.

Spend all that money on your utopia.
Fail.
>>
>>55221134

In all seriousness, you can buy an island in the south Caribbean pretty cheaply.

Now, to be clear, I don't mean an "I a country now mang" island, but an island about the size of your property now, plus some non-productive acreage full of rocks and palm/coconut trees.

You'll still be under the aegis of Honduras or whatever, but as long as you're not a pirate or running a cult, you can pretty much do whatever you want.
>>
>>55223117
depending on the seller, it's typically not that easy, and many islands that are purchasable (not only in the caribbean) are pretty minuscule, yet sell for astronomically high prices, not to mention they're a pain in the ass to develop on.

you'd be looking at upwards of USD$6million to buy a decent sized island, and equip it with basic infrastructure - that being running water, electricity, etc.
>>
>>55223968

Last one I rented was going for $120K American. No real running water (rain cisterns on the roof), generator in an outbuilding for electricity at night, propane fridge.

Not huge, like I said, but definitely in "I can do what I want" territory. About three acres, a mile from the next private island, about half an hour to the nearest island with commercial activity (stores, restaurants).

You can rent it (or any of the other little islands like it in the area) for $100-400 a night, depending on amenities.
>>
>>55224339
Interesting, I wouldn't have thought that renting out these islands would've been a common practice, what did you do with your time there? and how developed was this island in particular?

Personally, outside my house (i'd post a picture, but it's dark), there is a small island near the reef which I use sometimes to fish off of, or, during different seasons, to keep lobster cages, etc. although I don't actually own the island, and there is nothing on the island, and also it's too close to mainland to be considered a sovereign island, so local laws would still apply.
>>
>>55223968
Canadian islands are cheap
>>
>>55221134

Bear Grylls is handing those out like candy on the condition he gets to film you
>>
>>55221134
Buy a plane ticket to Tasmania.

Though progressives will eventually infect it.
>>
>>55224871
True actually, I hadn't considered a non-tropical island. I'm sure you could find a lot of them up north, either canadian or scandinavian ones.

>>55224887
sounds like a good deal, would probably be fun to go off the grid for a while, we should institute a /pol/ island.
>>
>>55224785

It's just a small island with a house, an outbuilding and a dock. Generator electricity, propane fridge/stove, gravity-driven water for showering/flushing.

We mostly just swim and drink and act silly for a week. The water, reefs, etc., are postcard beautiful.
>>
>>55221393
>2015
>there is any unclaimed land left
>>
>>55224339
what would real running water be?
how much for a plant to treat water from the ocean?
what makes the generator run? gasoline? wind? water?

I assume that if there's an emergency, you're pretty much screwed.
is it even safe? how truly isolated these islands are?
>>
>>55225023
>/pol/ island
>no bodies ever going to be buried there
>>
Buy an Australian cattle station instead. All the benefits of living remotely without actually being separated from the mainland. Also surrounded by other people of generally stoic libertarian ideals.

The Jews seriously almost decided to create the Jewish homeland in North-West Australia. Its still just as ripe for serious colonisation, just get in quick before the Chinese buy it all up.
>>
>>55225054
Nice, sounds like a good experience.
>>
>>55225262

I don't think actual running water is terribly feasible. It certainly wouldn't be coming from anywhere else...no pipes, etc., from outside. You could probably set up your own desalinization, though, on a small scale.

The generator runs on gas. If you run into an emergency, you're pretty much screwed...there's a radio that works sometimes, and sometimes you can even get someone on "the big island" to hear you.

If you hurt yourself, you can try to call in to your guy with the boat that takes you back and forth, and there are a lot of guys with guns on the island half an hour away (guarding the bank and the government building with AKs), but as to whether anyone would/could come help you if, say, pirates decided to take over your island for a few days...no idea.
>>
>>55221134
Just buy a house here desu senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emf5FTQ7QVg
>>
>>55225395
rare flag
>>
>>55225773
tfw when i live 30m from here
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.