[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a continuation of a thread that got archived. If pay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: checkmate.jpg (304 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
304 KB, 1200x900
This is a continuation of a thread that got archived.

If pay is a perfect representation of your worth to society or to a company, why are garbage men making $300k?
Why are government elevator mechanics making $350k?

Why do the wealthiest blacks have the same SAT scores as the poorest whites?

Checkmate.
>>
>>55217101
>why are garbage men making $300k?
>Why are government elevator mechanics making $350k?
Unions
>>
>>55217168

So you admit that pay is not based on your worth?
>>
>>55217220
Sure, but it goes both ways. Good teachers are underpaid, and bad teachers are overpaid.
>>
>>55217220
Unions make sure that the generally useless and unemployable are employed and over paid.

Gas them.
>>
They are representative of their worth to society, since there is a lack of people willing to be a garbage man thus driving up their value, and not everyone can fix an elevator, and that work is valued extremely highly since a broken elevator can lead to a building essentially shutting down.
>>
>>55217762
>Unions make sure that the generally useless and unemployable are employed and over paid.

GM union (UAW) if pushing to give new hires the same pay as the old seniority fucks.
GM will be going down the toilet again again.
>>
>>55217970
GM. Producing shit for decades.

Thanks Unions.
>>
>>55217893

lol... I call BS. Even if you drop the pay to 50k, you'd still have a surplus of applicants.

Also, how do you explain wealthy blacks with similar scores to poorer whites?
How do you explain do-nothing Directors of Diversity in companies and colleges making multi million-dollar salaries?
>>
>>55217762

>Big business supports immigration to drive wages down
>Unions use collective bargaining to drive wages up
>A right winger on /pol/ is literally getting angry at supply and demand

Nice, m8.
>>
>>55218285
>12 yr old detected.

Let me guess. You are the kind of bitch who stands in line to buy shit made in China while whining about how great unions are.

Lick emu balls, Ausfag.
>>
>>55217762
Unions ensure people are overpaid and are filled with thugs but I would rather bow down to them instead of greedy corporations. At least unions will counter act the driving down of wages due to immigration, ensure work site safety amd decent working conditions
>>
>>55218186
>you'd still have a surplus of applicants.

Can you show me the numbers of how many people applied to how many garbage collection jobs?

>Also, how do you explain wealthy blacks with similar scores to poorer whites?

Test scores and even iq doesn't represent definitive success in society. If you're borderline retarded but can throw a football really far, you still might be very successful.

>How do you explain do-nothing Directors of Diversity in companies and colleges making multi million-dollar salaries?

Also representative of their market value. People value opinions as a resource nowadays, and are willing to pay to have their own ideologies represented in companies in high profile positions. If people didn't value these ideologies and values there wouldn't be any money available to them.
>>
Pay is mostly determined by demand and supply.
>>
>>55217101
>pay is a perfect representation of your worth to society or to a company
Stopped reading there
>>
>>55218186
>How do you explain do-nothing Directors of Diversity in companies and colleges making multi million-dollar salaries?
Altogether, they bring more perceived value to the company, e.g. in a form of PR, than they're paid.
>>
File: Median wage.png (36 KB, 1116x251) Image search: [Google]
Median wage.png
36 KB, 1116x251
>>55218387

Just enjoying my country where the median wage is literally THREE TIMES higher than the US. You can cry bitch tears about higher prices but the cost of living in Aus is about 1.7 times higher than the states compared to a 3 times better salary.

But please continue to allow big business to shit and you and thank them for the service.
>>
>>55217101
>If pay is a perfect representation of your worth to society or to a company, why are garbage men making $300k?
>Why are government elevator mechanics making $350k?

you sound mad that a garbageman is more valuable to society than you working your minimum wage job

>Why do the wealthiest blacks have the same SAT scores as the poorest whites?

maybe SAT score is not an accurate measure for 'worth to society'
>>
>>55218637
So you're telling me I'll make $400k as a 27 years-old consultant in Australia? Sound bs tbqh
>>
>>55218967

D-Do you understand what median means?
>>
>>55219149
lol you got baited son
>>
>>55219588

Ah I see, you were merely pretending to be retarded. It was an act.

5/5 bretty gud
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.