[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they a luxury item? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: o-TAMPONS-facebook.jpg (219 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-TAMPONS-facebook.jpg
219 KB, 2000x1000
Are they a luxury item? Why?
>>
It's relative.
>>
What hole do they put it in
>>
>>55213183
only degenerates shove things like tampons up their vagina.
>>
>>55213183
A healthy woman doesn't need them.
>>
still using tampons
not freebleeding for the cause
shameful
>>
>>55213183
also why are they always white? I´ve never seen a brown tampon....

It´s bloody racist if you would ask me.
>>
File: 1444172147955.gif (458 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1444172147955.gif
458 KB, 500x282
>>55213381
>bloody racist
>bloody
>>
Why would you put a string on your water filter exactly?
>>
>>55213183
Well they're cleaner than the old ways and cleaner than disposable pads.
>>
>>55213183
Depends on what hole they're shoving it in
>>
Mens razors are taxed.
I'm required to be clean shaven in my job.
You could argue that its both a luxury and a necessity.

Same as tampons.
>>
>>55213183
femanon here. menstrual cups are the best. tampons/pads are gross, awkward and uncomfortable
>>
>>55213845
>femanon here
Kill yourself.
>menstrual cups
Far more disgusting.
>>
I know /pol/ will defend this, not because of moral reasons or logic. But because you hate women.
>>
>>55213183
1 tampon every 6 hours = 4 tampons per day
4 tampons per day * 5 days of a period = 20 tampons per cycle
20 tampons per cycle * 12 periods a year = 240 tampons.
240 tampons / 36 tampons per box = 6.66 boxes
6.66 boxes * $7 per box = $46.62 per year
$46.62 / $7.25 Federal minimum wage = 6.43 hours

>Are they a luxury item? Why?
No, because they are so inexpensive, it literally costs less than 1 day of minimum wage work to supply yourself for enough tampons for a year.
>>
>>55213183

No. Either tampons or pads are necessary so a woman can function normally during her period. Otherwise she'll be bleeding through her pants/skirts at work, which is unsanitary for everyone involved.

And before the good old "but muh razors" argument comes up, women who are trying to get tampons/pads considered necessary rather than a luxury item AREN'T claiming that men's razors are a "luxury." I doubt it was a group of women deciding what was a luxury and what wasn't. If you want the tax removed from basic men's products as well, fight for it.
>>
>>55214065
THEY'RE SANITARY NAPKINS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>55213448
Easy retrieval.
>>
>>55214469
So you don't even want to put your hands up there?
>>
>>55213183
>Why?
because it's 2015
>>
>>55213845
How tf is having a cup in your pants more comfortable then wearing a pad, it's just like wearing undies
>>
>>55213183
It depends on the definition of the word luxury. If you are asking if they are expensive, then the answer is no. Most women, even poor women, can afford them. If you asking if they are necessary, then the answer is no. Many women, especially in Latin America (it's a cultural thing), do not use tampons.

Economists define luxury goods based on the elasticity of demand. I don't happen to know the elasticity of tampons, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere had calculated it.
>>
>>55213183
>luxury
>even needing inventions for basic biological needs.

A luxury would be the option of evolving our brain so much that we can control every single function of our body. Including hair growth, sperm and ovulation. Then comes heat temperature, the common cold, memory, thinking, etc.

We should be gods for god's sake.

Why are we still so primitive as to not control and fix our flawed biology?
>>
>>55214065
what about 3rd worlders? what about mud hut africans and abos? what about those who cannot afford to buy them or don't even have them available in there area?

tampons weren't always around. in some ways it is a luxury item. especially now with choice (tampn, pad, cup, etc) you can even get an IUD or norplant and stop the cycle altogether!
>>
>>55213381
it was reddit tier joke

on my pol
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.