[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Muzzle scientists speaks out about harper regime http://www
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: d6LJtxH.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
d6LJtxH.webm
1 MB, 720x404
Muzzle scientists speaks out about harper regime

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/krist-miller-scientist-dfo-muzzled-1.3308549
>>
>>55209868
Fucking hell these cunts are brutal.
Europe needs to unkek itself really fucking quick and become a cultural force that doesn't let itself get fucked with.
>>
>>55209868
wtf ? why this guy doesn't try to dodge the tank ?
>>
>>55210239
He's clearly chained to the concrete
>>
Why would he go down feet first though?
>>
Seems like everyone posting in here is a past employee of harpers pmo.
>>
Are politics ever going to resemble anything remotely good again? Is any western country going to have a chance to elect a serious person who believes reasonable things and in the public good, rather than vapid careerist PR fucks who are only interested in abusing power?

Canada is so desperate for a proper politician they elected twitter.
>>
>>55210239
Because they would have shot him otherwise.

As brutal as it is, it's a quicker way to go then being shot in the gut and dying slowly and painfully.
>>
>>55210543
Clear case of picture-more-interesting-than-thread-topic, sorry brah. But it's 2015, interesting pictures are on the right side of history, thread topics are a thing of the past.
>>
>>55210543
Dont post a picture that's more interesting than your topic you silly cunt.
>>
>>55210543
Keking hard....
>>
>cuts camera angle before he's run over
fake
as
fuck
>>
>>55210547
Justin seems to understand people and have empathy. He has respect for democracy and everyone in and around it that has value to add.

I think his biggest issue will be having to let people down - there's no way around it. You can't please everybody.

Many conservatives felt their party has been misrepresented over the past years. Some have left the party. All are hoping for less harshness in the future. I hope they have a good chance next election because conservatives and liberals want what's best for Canada and I want them to be well represented on both sides. Neither side is stupid but Harper took things too far to one side and really didn't care about anybody but himself and his Americanized agenda. That's more Putin than Canadian.
>>
>>55210670
I disagree.
Muzzling of scientists affects me directly.
Arab isis scum killing other arab scum has no imoact on my life.
>>
>She says the oppressive regime led to many scientists quitting.

Why would you fucking quit just because you can't speak publicly?
ridiculous, entitled, liberal voting government workers
>>
File: T-55_Tank.jpg (4 MB, 4029x2681) Image search: [Google]
T-55_Tank.jpg
4 MB, 4029x2681
>>55209868
Is that a T-55?
Weren't those things first in service in fucking 1948 or some shit?
Step it up sandniggys damn
>>
>>55210854
Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>55210801
delusional liberal voter spotted
thinks liberals have ~empathy~
jesus christ.
Harper needed to be way tougher on these liberals, calling them out on their feelgood bullshit
>>
>>55211047
Top Lel we have a troll here. Look.
>>
>>55209868

>shit tier CGI
Check the year canada, we 2015 now.
>>
>>55210239
They do so many practice runs that the guy never knows when it's for real
>>
>>55211128
They are government employees
No reason why they should be making statements to the public without being pre-approved.
The idea that not being able to do so is some "oppressive regime" is so absurd, only a liberal voter..
>>
>>55211241
Freedom of association, freedom of speech, freedom of the press... pretty basic rights.
>>
>>55211241
Omg we have a troll conservative that doesn't know how government works.

Hey, you'll be left behind to spew your bs with a small group of wack jobs when the real conservatives take over the party.

Real conservatives don't have an "us vs them" mentality. Harper has really brainwashed you.
>>
>>55211419
whats that supposed to mean
"real conservatives" vote for a communist like trudeau?
>>
>>55211355
>Freedom of association
>freedom of speech
>freedom of the press
Being an employee makes you an agent of your employer, and in most circumstances restricts your public actions and speech when they are contrary to your employer's interests and directly related to your role.

These were government scientists. Not scientists performing independent research with government funding, they were GOVERNMENT scientists. As in, their job was to use their training to perform scientific research to inform and advance government policies. The elected leaders get to decide what those policies are and how best to advance them, not their agents. No matter what duty the latter have to inform the former, when they speak publicly they are doing so on behalf of their employer. They don't get to call the shots.

Now, does that mean the policy decisions were perfect or even that this policy of a blanket press request redirection was appropriate? No. In fact it probably was somewhat harsh, and I actually do think some encouragement of transparency would have done some good (especially allowing comments from senior researchers if disclaimed to be only a personal opinion). But the point still stands that none of the three things you listed were contravened by the instruction to route public comms through the press office. And if someone was truly so shaken that they felt it imperative to speak out, they could still have tried for whistle blower protection.
>>
>>55212457
The scientists are employees of canada not fucking fascist cuntface fuck harpers....
>>
>>55213045
They are employees of the agencies and departments that make up the executive branch of the Government of Canada, and are therefore directly accountable to the Cabinet and therefore the Prime Minister, exercising his authority as the executive. There is no other meaningful sense in which you can be an "employee of canada", except I suppose by being a parliamentarian or a member of the judiciary or something like that - and in any case the scientists in question were all definitely executive branch.

Like I said, I don't think it was an appropriate policy personally and I don't think it was intelligently implemented. But it wasn't unfaithful to legislative intent, it wasn't baseless, and it wasn't illegal, especially in the context of an employment relationship.
>>
File: RRnhhqW.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
RRnhhqW.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>55209868
>>
>>55210801
>Americanized agenda
>more Putin than Canadian

This better be bait son
>>
File: 1441600250024.jpg (54 KB, 403x523) Image search: [Google]
1441600250024.jpg
54 KB, 403x523
>>55209868
Butt hurt government employees that hated the government were not allowed to use their positions as employees to shit talk their hated employer.

I notice that none of the shitlords quit their jobs to speak out.
>>
>>55213045
>The scientists are employees of canada not fucking fascist cuntface fuck harpers....

Sure but they were using their jobs and the authority of being part of the government to attack the elected government because it wasn't the 'right' elected government.

They were free to speak as scientists in their own field about their research just not as government employees.
>>
>>55214296
Read the article first cuntface kekservative shill before you spill your coolaid
>>
>>55214437
Did you read the article....
Typical harper shill attacking before knowing the facts...
It says in e article that harper himself muzzled the scientists because he didnt want negative news..... Holy abuse of power...
>>
>>55214508
>Read the article first cuntface kekservative shill before you spill your coolaid
The employees have been bitching about this for years now.

What did I read that was going to change this basic fact?

Quote me what you think was important.
>>
>>55214296
literally this

i voted bloc but the harper hate is literally a fucking cult lel. fucking reddit: the country
>>
>>55214631
>Did you read the article....
Yes.

>It says in e article that harper himself muzzled the scientists because he didnt want negative news..... Holy abuse of power...
It says that one employee claimed that she was told that. I see that she provided no evidence of that happening like emails or letters or memos.

~

When I was in the military the Liberal government that sent us to Afghanistan set a policy that if we said we were ill-equipped for the mission that I would be charged with insubordination and that all inquires about equipment should be no commented and referred to the unit PR officer.

But the CBC that also hates the Conservatives, military and anyone with a non left leaning view would never report that.
>>
>>55214713

Keking my butthole offf
Its pretty much impossible to debate facts with kekservative.
>bcuz "god, darwin and hitler are on my side" who needs facts..
>>
File: TYPICAL FROG.jpg (112 KB, 650x460) Image search: [Google]
TYPICAL FROG.jpg
112 KB, 650x460
>>55210239
>why this guy doesn't try to dodge
Maybe he wasn't french?

srsly his feets were tied, it takes a very small dick to kill a man in this fashion, who trained those hippies, the foreign league?
>>
>>55214906
Two wrongs = right (wing)
>>
I voted for Harper twice, but I still think he was really excessive about things. Muzzling scientists, scrapping the census, cutting the GST. Come on man, you did some good but geez did you set us back some.

If Trudeau is more open and doesn't spend like a drunken sailor, I think we'll be OK.
>>
>>55210564
I think it's more brutal to die crushed by a tank, if he wanted a brutal but quick and relatively painless death, he should have went head first into the tank.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.