[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can being Christian be "red-pilled" when Christianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 14
File: nietzsche.jpg (126 KB, 384x480) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
126 KB, 384x480
How can being Christian be "red-pilled" when Christianity is literally the biggest example of the denial of reality to ever exist?
>>
>Christians
>denying reality
But Jesus and His crucifiction are literally historical facts.
>>
>>55209663
Is his walking on water and resurrecting dead also historical facts?
>>
>>55209725
I don't know about these. But a lot of stuff from the Bible was confirmed real, like the existence of the city of Nineveh.
>>
Organised religion with tomes you must believe are a bit off, but nothing touches God's existence. Total lack of evidence doesn't suggest anything.
>>
>>55209434
the Nieztschean criticism of christianity is the total opposite of modern socially liberal atheist movement. it's because christianity is a religion of the weak, compassion, for equality,anti-aristocratic, against the classical greek ethos.

christianity is hated in the west because it is seen as reactionary, while for Nietzsche, it's precisely the opposite, it's an pre-Enlightenment religion
>>
>>55209725

Is you being a heretic and blasphemer also historical fact?
>>
>>55209663

I think OP might mean this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master%E2%80%93slave_morality

Christians have a kek morality.
>>
>>55209434
it's just a bandwagon anon. they are no better than bronies or furries
>>
Christians have their own Nietzsche, his name is Dostoevsky. Literally had the same ideas about resentment, the Last Man, nihilism, etc.
>>
>>55209887
This x 10000. Read what he said, it is the key point. Also, the dawn of the christian nihilist is a vision that has come to fruition.
>>
>>55209434

Do christians even see that they accept jews as the master race by saying the Bible is true.
I shan't mention the idiotism of the anti-scientific elements, but look at it this way:
According to christians, god only activly cared for jews. Out of all the people, god only saved jews from lions, out of whales, opened seas for them, killed other people for them, and chose a jewess to bear his baby, a baby which became the ultimate sjw and protocommunist.

Christian is a code for anti-white
>>
>>55210947
Most people aren't meant to lead. What you are basically saying is everyone who does not hold leadership position is a kek. This might be technically true -- But let's be honest, in any society not everyone can be the leader, even in anarchy some men would rise above others and their advice and leadership would be more respected, it is just how communities form.
>>
>>55211189
Are you Muslim?
>>
>>55211338

Would it make sense that I rant on christfags about them undermining the white race by worshiping jews if I myself was undermining the white race by worshiping arabs?
Cmon, what do you think me? A hypocrate?

Conservative nationalist atheists zum dienst
>>
>>55211579
I just asked due to your flag, I have nothing against nationalist atheists, and I personally don't believe in a God either.
>>
File: 1101710621_400.jpg (52 KB, 400x527) Image search: [Google]
1101710621_400.jpg
52 KB, 400x527
>>55211579
Christians nearly always take the bleeding heart position on things like immigration. They are the epitome of pushovers. They are basically hippies.
>>
>>55211857
Good
Now that you mentioned, best nonreligious conservative place in Germany for settlement of a germanophile? Usually when asking for a conservative place in Germany, get Bayern as answer. All tho armed with godlike football, Bavaria has... well too many catholics.
JUst wanna see if there is some place there, free of religion, but also free of "refugees welcome" subhumans
>>
>>55211865

I loved how christians just ranted on the Pope when he supported the refugees. Some went on how he was the least christian Pope ever. Now, not counting the sodomite perverts which once held the office, it is still idiotic. Christians have no clue that their Jesus would tell them to take several refugees into their home and feed them.
>>
>>55209434
I can always stand behind Nietzsche, feels like he had version of transhumanism for his time.
>>
>>55209886
How can something be real if there is no proof of its existence? All 'evidence' has been created by man. Which would lead one to the logical conclusion that god is also created by man.
>>
>>55211189
>According to christians, god only activly cared for jews. Out of all the people, god only saved jews from lions, out of whales, opened seas for them, killed other people for them, and chose a jewess to bear his baby, a baby which became the ultimate sjw and protocommunist.
and then what? you're conveniently omitting the part where todays jews are khazarian talmudists and not judean yahwhist
>>
>>55209886
>Total lack of evidence doesn't suggest anything.
Yes, it does, you retard.
>>55212470
Are you one of those CI types?
>>
>>55209434
This.
>>
File: 1445509611791.jpg (19 KB, 343x429) Image search: [Google]
1445509611791.jpg
19 KB, 343x429
>>55209725
>walking on water and resurrection of dead as historical events

Jesus Christ is an archetype of the collective unconscious.

The events in the Bible are metaphors for things that occur in the aggregate of all events.

Walking on water: power of flight. Status: fulfilled, see Wright Brothers.

Resurrecting the dead: medical science. Status: in process.
>>
File: 1434779691648.jpg (207 KB, 700x449) Image search: [Google]
1434779691648.jpg
207 KB, 700x449
>>
>>55210947
And Nieztsche was a kek for the Jews, he opposed anti-semitism and was funded by the Jewish banking families.
>>
>>55213728
financed how?
>>
>>55209887
I don't think it's the total opposite, I think we've delved so deeply into the christian inspired slave morality that even actual christianity looks kind of reactionary nowadays, at least moralitywise.
>>
>>55212218
Former GDR... Thuringia, Saxony etc.
>>
>>55213490
>implying christfags would ever agree with you.

They would probably say you are some kind of atheist rationalizing Christianity through paganism.
>>
>>55213860

Ayy nice
Well thought so that the DDR would be the place to go.... aside Berlinistan
>>
>>55209434
They call themselves breadpilled now.
>>
>>55213943
Yeah, Berlin should definitely be avoided, nothing besides immigrants and liberals.
>>
>>55214079

Oh the horror
Mate, is the German self-hate just a pol meme or a real thing?
>>
File: 1444251701789.png (56 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1444251701789.png
56 KB, 401x372
>>55213885
>implying that the whole is equal to the sum of its parts
I've told you how it works as a system, how the words, concepts and phrases innervate the nervous system of the body of the believers, invigorate the minds of Christians, and enable them to press on and advance as a civilization.

"Red-pills" are for upper echelon intellectuals, not breeder stock, who only need to know that they have a divine purpose in this world in order to be satisfied.
>>
>>55209663
>raising from the dead
>historical facts
>>
>>55214178
It's somewhat true. Our politicians and media are still exploiting the whole nazi thing in order to shut down dissident voices. The general people don't actually feel any guilt, but there is kind of a fear of speaking out because it carries a lot of social risks (people have been fired for participating in Pegida protests or posting Facebook comments).
>>
>>55214556

Thankfully never post comments on social media, nor am a person for protests, still, does saying things against the liberal occupation have negative effects?
>>
>>55214556
I forgot to mention the anti-German Antifa, they're a prime example of self-hatred, and I don't think something like them would be possible in any other country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Germans_(political_current)

One thing to mention is that they are pretty much universally hated, the anti-imperialist left along with the Muslim Turks and Arabs hate them for being pro-Israel, pro-US, pro-NATO, and the nationalists hate them for obvious reasons.
>>
>>55214751
>does saying things against the liberal occupation have negative effects

What I wrote, basically. It depends on who you talk to. When people are in private, they will pretty much all agree with you, but saying the same things in public would be deemed unacceptable.
>>
>>55214527

please tell us where Jesus' grave is

all Rome had to do to crush the movement that gave them so much trouble - and spread a distaste for emperor worship - was produce Christ's rotting remains.

the disciples went on to actually DIE for this belief. believing in something you know to be a lie would induce cowardice in a person; it certainly wouldn't lead them to die in considerable pain when they could just renounce the claim.

nothing at all could possibly explain the early growth of the Church than the literal fact of Jesus' resurrection.

and, finally, take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQmodO2quW0

it's a cold case detective from L.A. and former atheist who decided to investigate the claim that Jesus rose from the dead. he came to the conclusion that the resurrection is an inescapable historical FACT.

yes, the claim that Jesus rose from the dead certainly does seem ridiculous, naturally. He also claimed to be God in the flesh, and that His death, burial, and resurrection would be done vicariously for those who would trust God. it is the way in which God maintained both His perfect justice AND His perfect mercy - a conundrum that absolutely NO other monotheistic religion could possibly resolve.
>>
>>55209434
>literally the biggest example
>literally

Did you spend more than half a second considering the other major faiths before typing this?
>>
>>55215516

also:

http://coldcasechristianity.com/

if you're an honest and curious person, you should check it out - if only to hone your skills in refuting the statements made by Christian apologists.

as the detective states, "[like Richard Dawkins] i wanted to STOP Christianity - you Christians believe in something with no underlying evidence!"

so, take a look, and see what you learn.
>>
>Christianity is this and this
>If you are Christian you must think this and this

When will atheists stop their awful straw men against Christianity? There is no moral theory in Christianity. There are Christian stoics, epicureans, utilitarians, deontologists, Kantians, Aristotelicians, etc.
I guess they are all connected in the great slave morality conspiracy.

>But le god is le dead meme philosopher said it was a kek morality
And it's well known that he was a brilliant theologian. Literally the reference.
>>
>>55215516
1. The grave site is known you idiot, its the body that is not there. I mean if it was stolen, its not exactly like they could just find it. Are they going to comb all of Judea for a corpse they cannot prove belongs to someone because forensics isn't a thing yet?

2. That just proves they had resolve. Every religion has that, yours isn't special. They could easily have been delusional.

3. A religion that promises eternal life and unites all people's under one banner, traveling throughout the Roman world by roads. Sure, so hard to imagine.
>>
>>55215768
do jesus teachings ring a bell? that's the point of christianity
utilitarian morality is incompatible with christianity, unless your utility function somehow always matches the teachings of christ
stoicism doesn't even have to do with morality by itself
>>
>>55215516
>please tell us where Jesus' grave is
It's on my garden and we call it cesspool.It is full small smelly Jesuses and his liquidifed brain - working on same mental capacity as always.
>>
>>55215668
Christianity is the most anti-science.
>>
>>55215809
>The grave site is known you idiot, its the body that is not there.

you know full well what i meant, and there's no reason for insults. i thought we were having a serious discussion here.

> I mean if it was stolen, its not exactly like they could just find it.

with the Roman soldiers guarding the tomb, along with a large boulder sealing the entrance, this would not be a reasonable scenario. moreover, the disciples (who, again, DIED for this conviction under torture) held fast to their testimony that they actually SAW HIM after His death, very much alive.

>That just proves they had resolve.

this completely ignores all the obvious facts about human psychology. do you honestly believe that men would be tortured and killed, all the while maintaining the truth of what the claimed to see first-hand? the faith was very young - it's not like looking back on it from today. the Church had no realistic expectation of becoming what it did, and they were alone in their faith. whereas, say, a modern Muslim would have an entire town, community, counrty, or worldwide, well-established religious movement to back them, or perhaps psychologically pressure them into conforming with religious expectations. this couldn't be farther from the facts of those early days of Christianity.

> They could easily have been delusional.

sure, maybe if there were one, possibly two of them. but again, that wasn't the case here.

> A religion that promises eternal life and unites all people's under one banner, traveling throughout the Roman world by roads. Sure, so hard to imagine.

again, it's very easy for YOU to look back from 2015 and imagine such a thing. after all.... it's 2015 ;)

if there is truth to the claims of Jesus and His Disciples, it has tremendous import for you, personally. if only for that reason alone, you might want to investigate it a bit more seriously.
>>
>>55216040

>Christianity is the most anti-science

i suppose you mean, in comparison to other world religions.

mind telling us why you feel that to be the case?
>>
>>55211140
This.
>>
File: 1446734466123.jpg (50 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1446734466123.jpg
50 KB, 600x900
>>55216040
>using computer and internet to communicate this sentiment
>devices that were invented and deployed in Christian nations

kill yourself, Jamal
>>
>>55216040
Christianity dispelled the world so science can even exist in the modern sense. You are ignorant.
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>55209434
>>
You faggots are trying to role-play so hard to take this ridiculous belief system seriously if only to have something to cling to its pathetic.
>>
>>55216040

Who cares? It's stupid. Sure there might be a god, there might not be a god. Whatever. Rules are important. Whatever But don't start quoting psalms and parables from the ancient jewbook please.
>>
>>55217739
>>55217885

you strike me as the type of person who strives for objectivity.

i would bet your own contributions to modern science are impressive and numerous.
>>
>>55216444
>do you honestly believe that men would be tortured and killed, all the while maintaining the truth of what the claimed to see first-hand?
Yes, that's what cultists do. Just because somebody died because of a retarded belief they held doesn't give that belief any more validity. Are blood transfusions evil because people have died from believing it's wrong to take a blood transfusion?
>sure, maybe if there were one, possibly two of them. but again, that wasn't the case here.
Again, plenty of cults have developed with plenty of devoted followers who saw it to the end. Why is this one more true?
>>
>>55218171
>Yes, that's what cultists do. Just because somebody died because of a retarded belief they held doesn't give that belief any more validity. Are blood transfusions evil because people have died from believing it's wrong to take a blood transfusion?

your knowledge of modern society is actually tainting your ability to remain objective about this.

we are not, at this point, talking about an established religion, or even cult for that matter.

it would be much more like a man saying to you that his dead brother had come back to life and visited with him, along with 11 of his friends. each of these men swears to the truthfulness of the man's account, and even under torture and threat of execution, they maintained the veracity of it.

with cults and religious groups, you have a whole additional dimension of group psychology and social pressures. that wasn't even the case, here - quite the opposite, actually, since their former Jewish faith absolutely HATED them, and excommunicated them from their society.

>Again, plenty of cults have developed with plenty of devoted followers who saw it to the end. Why is this one more true?

and yet, not a single one had circumstances remotely like what happened here (see above), and you cannot name a single one, the members of which - to a man - died under such duress, torture, and execution when all the needed to do is fess up. they wouldn't have even had eternal life to look forward to in return for their efforts, because they would have known it was a lie to begin with, and much more likely to piss any God off severely, and not ingratiate them to Him.

moreover, no other faith had well-established prophecies of just such a thing happening, which were written thousands of years before
>>
>>55211189
This whole statement is so underrated it's not even amusing. Of course it's going to be largely untouched & ignored; because the mental gymnastics required to refute it by most here aren't possible without some hardcore WETA-in-its-heyday CGI. Especially when you consider:

>Out of all the people, god only saved jews from lions, out of whales, opened seas for them, killed other people for them, and chose a jewess to bear his baby

GOD DOESN'T DO SHIT FOR ANY OF US ANYMORE. Even AFTER the whole 'covenant with Noah not to destroy us AGAIN'; He still knocked off the firstborns is Egypt for Moses; he was CLEARLY and VISIBLY present, saving Jews.
WHERE IS HE?

>inb4 the plan
>inb4 Mysterious ways
>inb4 fucking Fedora - You admit by resorting to this meme alone that you have nothing to fucking say
>>
>>55218062
What's your point faggot? You either be a scientist or stick to the ancient jewbook? What a retard.

And btw, 7th Day Adventists are not superior to Buddhists or vice versa in their use of the scientific method or lack of thereof nor are so called new atheists. It's irrelevant to the actual process.

Some beliefs can be truer than others. Do you think Christianity is true?
>>
>>55218644

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

-2Peter 3

note that he wrote this loooong before Christianity became popular even in Judea, never mind the whole world, and he had no reasonable expectation that it ever WOULD become what it is today.

he anticipated your exact objection.
>>
>>55213885
A lot of catholics accept some part of the bible as metaphors too.

Though not about the Jesus milacres
>>
>>55209886
the conversation is not about the existence of god. the conversation is about how a religion talks about reality and, furthermore, how this affect or everyday life or de everyday life of the most part of the history.
>>
>>55218816

Matthew 16:28 “I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

23:36 “I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.”

24:34 “I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.”

Checkmate faggot.
>>
>>55218816
>But they deliberately forget
How can you possibly 'forget' something on a timescale well beyond that of even the existence of several generations? Did he not make us to die out this way?
>FUCK 'original sin'. If you're going to allow fucking GOD to hold THAT bullshit against US (who weren't fucking involved) THIS long, with such dire consequences, what the fuck are any of you complaining about fucking niggers still holding slavery against us whites for? REALLY?

>By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.
Some truly convenient con artist 101 here.
>Never forget to fear the coming day of the apocalypse; which could totally happen tomorrow, or 1,000 centuries from now; we'll just never fucking know, will we; and of course I'M holy, and that guy over THERE is holy, so be sure and listen to us and never question it in your heart, or your loving God will burn you with hellfire for eternity.
Nice control system bro. Obviously God can see that it comes off this way to his more intelligent creations, whom in looking at the world around them SEE NO DIRECT EVIDENCE OF HIS EXISTENCE IN THEIR LIFETIMES, outside of "huh, I guess that was better something better than coincidence. Or maybe it was coincidence, and it feels different because I'm involved, and I'm a special fucking snowflake, so even though I saw nothing I could ever reliably prove to someone else outside muh feelings, it must have been God.
WHY WOULD HE HOLD HIDING HIMSELF FROM US AGAINST US LIKE THIS?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN2EKL7E2Vg

http://coldcasechristianity.com/

check it out, gentlemen.

it's a cold case homicide detective that decided to apply his skillset to prove Christians wrong. he thought that Christianity was a lie, and it was actually damaging to humanity.

go look and see what he discovered. again, if nothing else, you will be better acquainted with the arguments of those silly, thoughtless, stupid Christian apologists, and the controversy as a whole.
>>
Let me remind you people. You either have government(IE the state), or you have religion. Or more specifically, you either worship the state, and turn to the state when you need/want help. Or you worship god, and turn to god if you need/want help.

Those parts of the world which tried to destroy god, always replaced god with the state. And even worse, usually replaced him with the worship of a "dear leader"(IE cult of personality, Mao's red book), or something of the equivalent. As god dies, the state will always grow.

Yes, I recognize that libertarians are often atheists. But libertarians will never have any real power, not only are their ideas largely not useful for furthering the interests of the state. But libertarians tend to not be very organized/united. They are basically only united in their dislike of the state.

The truth is, Christianity is freedom. Or at least, it is the closest thing there will ever be to freedom in this world. Freedom doesn't mean you should be allowed to do whatever you want, anytime you want, without consequences. It means your choices should be your own, free from coercion.

To the extent that Christianity has rules. It is merely because, you cannot have a society without some moral foundation, a moral code. If you want to be part of our group, you should follow these rules. If you refuse to follow them, you could be kicked out of the group. In the Amish community, it is called "shunning". Thus, Christianity, by its nature, is about as close to anarcho-syndicalism, as you get in the real world.

Christianity's eventual conquering of the world, was more a lucky(or unlucky) coincidence. Nothing in the Christian doctrine would lead you to believe that it could ever have the desire to conquer anything.

Capitalism is actually what conquered the world.
>>
>>55218816
I'm fucking pissed right now, I'll gladly admit.
This is the part of /pol/'s "redpilling" I truly can not for the life of me understand; you faggots will go against everything in recorded history that doesn't fit your desired narrative (Muh 6 gorillion; muh slavery; my native genocides) and talk logical arguments against this & that 24-7, but will believe what sounds like absolute retarded bullshit with no evidence whatsoever outside "MUH FUCKIN BOOK" & muh feels & muh childhood indoctrination".
And the worst part is I'm not even fucking talking about whether or not he exists; I don't even fucking care at this point.
I'm taking about whether or not, based on all the available evidence, our Creator is someone/thing that IS WORTHY OF MOTHERFUCKING WORSHIP.
Because, to me, from everything I see, I'd rather fucking burn in hell than worship this psychoipathetic egotist, who seemingly only wishes to surround himself with spineless, unquestioning yes-men.
>>
>>55211140
And Nietzsche respected Dostoevsky.
>>
>>55220137
>You either have government(IE the state), or you have religion
Or the third, arguably only moral, option, the family. A man has siblings and cousins and the whole clan. They should be who he turns to in times of need.
>>
>>55220137
>cont...
Atheists argue that since there is no evidence that god exists, then we shouldn't believe in god.

First, what would the point be of a world where god made himself clearly known? A world where god was everpresent, and constantly looking over your shoulder. The best thing about life, is its mystery.
Second, there is a natural desire for humanity to believe in something beyond this life. And once you begin to understand just how improbable life is, or really, absolutely anything existing at all; It becomes increasingly difficult to believe that this amazing world, is utterly pointless.

Yes, the world really is amazing. But you have to stop thinking of life as some great tragedy. You have to stop being angry every time something undesirable happens. And stop thinking that, there can't be a god, since bad things happen.

What would the point of life be if nothing bad ever happened? I mean, being angry that bad things happen, is like being angry that people die. Would you really want to live in a world, where people lived forever? What would be the point?

There is something fundamentally not human about believing that there is nothing beyond this life. And those people who believe this life is all there is, are always terrified and enslaved. They cannot really fight for anything, because that would mean they could lose everything. They are the biggest sheeple of them all.
>>
>>55220865
And really I mean this in response to the next sentences about the support system one relies on.
>>
>>55220865
>Or the third, arguably only moral, option, the family. A man has siblings and cousins and the whole clan. They should be who he turns to in times of need.
Family is the centerpiece of Christianity. Marriage, one-man, one-woman, till death do us part. The man being head of the family. Christianity and family are one-and-the-same. It is the destruction of Christianity, which has ushered in the destruction of the family. The destruction of the community. Destruction of everything, except the state. Which has grown, and atheists will assure that it continues to grow.
>>
>>55220865
"Those who labor in the earth are the chosen people of God, if ever he had a chosen people, whose breasts he has made his peculiar deposit for substantial and genuine virtue. It is the focus in which he keeps alive that sacred fire, which otherwise might escape from the face of the earth. Corruption of morals in the mass of cultivators is a phenomenon of which no age nor nation has furnished an example. It is the mark set on those, who not looking up to heaven, to their own soil and industry, as does the husbandman, for their subsistence, depend for it on the casualties and caprice of customers. Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition." - Thomas Jefferson

"Have you ever heard of some fellows who first came over to this country? You know what they found? They found a howling wilderness, with summers too hot and winters freezing, and they also found some unpleasant little characters who painted their faces. Do you think these pioneers filled out form number X6277 and sent in a report saying the Indians were a little unreasonable? Did they have insurance for their old age, for their crops, for their homes? They did not! They looked at the land, and the forest, and the rivers. They looked at their wives, their kids and their houses, and then they looked up at the sky and they said, "Thanks, God, we’ll take it from here." " - John Wayne
>>
I can get behind the existence of a god, intelligent design etc.

The Question is weather Christian principles are a valid way to live your life in the modern world.

Look at this shit:

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted… Your gold and your silver have rusted; and their rust will… consume your flesh like fire. You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
James 5:1-5

So much fucking resentiment there. This was a belief system founded by jewish outcasts and slaves.

i bet that the faggots pontificating here don't actually apply a singe iota of Christianity to themselves. It's like a sart trek club where they get to circle jerk together and feel like self righteous special snowflakes. , they don't even try to be as Christ so Shut the fuck up
>>
>>55220978
I knew what you were referring to. I'm just saying, what you are referring to is called "social capital". It was things which a person could utilize, from his social environment. Sometimes it was money(like being able to borrow money from your family/friends/church/etc). In some cases, it was having someone who could provide you with a place to live, or food to eat, or even a job. In the past, people relied mostly on their family/community/church for the necessities in life. Now, people rely on the government for almost everything.

The effect of this, has been to break up families, and to undermine communities. And to a large extent, this is intentional. The state wants you to be dependent on it. If you are dependent on the state, you are easily controlled. You will not fight against it. You are a good little sheep.

My point is, believing in god, you can be free. Believing in the state, you must always be a slave. And for the most part, you must choose one or the other.
>>
>>55209434
Because Christians are literally so fucking blue-pilled that their twisted little brains think they are red pilled.

Its like when you touch something so cold that it starts to burn. You're not actually burning, it just feels like it.

Christians are so bluepilled they feel redpilled.
>>
Mankind is weary, weary of its sham prophets, its demagogues and its statesmen. It crieth out for kings and heroes. It demands a nobility — a nobility that cannot be hired with money, like slaves or beasts of burden. The world awaits the coming of mighty men of valor, great destroyers; destroyers of all that is vile, angels of death. We are sick unto nausea of the 'good Lord Jesus,'

Terror-striken under the executive of priest, mob and proconsul. We are tired to death of 'Equality.' Gods are at a discount, devils are in
demand. He who would rule the coming age must be hard, cruel and deliberately intrepid, for softness assails not successfully the
idols of the multitude. Those idols must be smashed into fragments, burnt into ashes, and that cannot be done by the gospel of love.
The living forces of evil are to be found in the living ideals of today.

The Commandments and laws and moral codes that we are called upon to reverence and obey are themselves the insidious
enginery of decadence. It is moral principles that manufacture beggars. It is golden rules that glorify meekness. It is statute laws that make spaniels of men.

A man may keep every one of the Ten Commandments and yet remain a fool all the days of his life. He may obey every written
law of the land, and yet be a caitiff and a slave. He may 'love Jesus,' delight in the golden rule and yet continue to the hour of his
death, a failure and dependent. Truly the way to hell is by fulfilling the commandments of God.
>>
>>55209886
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
>>
>>55212429
The proof is in the pudding you moron anyone with access to Fox News and Wikipedia could recognize it if they weren't intuitively blind. You would have to be so ignorant to not notice the definition and distinctions in cultures, heritages and world powers.

Do I need evidence to prove the Moon exists instead of citing the tides as being enough proof in the pudding to satiate you?

>>55209886
There is no lack of evidence except in the facet of isolated verifiable evidence. When you hit roulette 1,000,000,000 times in a row it's proof that the roulette wheel is faulty, not that you're really really lucky.
>>
>>55213552
Nietzsche isn't dead, his philosophy is alive today as it ever was. The concept of God however is completely dead within philosophy and intellectual thought. No one takes God seriously on matters of ontology or epistemology.
>>
>>55221666
Unless it's the obvious truth in which case there's no need to provide proof to the doubters.

Just because mainstream science doesn't accept it doesn't mean we need them to in order to develop it.
>>
File: enemy.jpg (29 KB, 325x395) Image search: [Google]
enemy.jpg
29 KB, 325x395
>>
>>55221358
>So much fucking resentiment there.
Christianity is about the heart and soul of a person.

It is opposed to greed and hedonism. Not because of envy. But rather, because of how such behaviors corrupt and poison the soul of a person. It is like the term "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Basically, it is saying, don't hold onto the power, because it will almost invariably corrupt you. Be modest, be helpful, live simply, and work hard. Don't poison your soul with greed and desire.
>>
>>55221791
>The concept of God however is completely dead within philosophy and intellectual thought. No one takes God seriously on matters of ontology or epistemology.
Only idiots take philosophy seriously, it's a void concept without faith so go on with your mental masturbation, it'll never get you anywhere worth being.
>>
>>55221854
There is no obvious truth. This has been paradigmatic in science and philosophy since Einstein pulled the rug from Newton's physics. If you don't have falsifiable evidence for your assertion, that assertion is useless.
>>
>>55209434
Because you realize it is the honorable and best way to maintain civilization and raise the next generation of people. And you might actually find a woman that wants to be a wife.
>>
>>55221955
Anyone who ever made significant contributions to science took philosophy very seriously - and rightly so, because philosophy in some form, explicated or not, underlies all thought. Even Christianity includes philosophy, although very weak philosophy because it is built on a foundation of sand.
Of course, religion is the real mental masturbation. Because it does not respect truth.
>>
>using Nietzsche as an example to support your atheistic beliefs

kek. His philosophy went over your head.
>>
>>55221024
>Family is the centerpiece of Christianity
im pretty sure crucifying ppeople always was the centerpiece of Christianity

the religion founded on crucifying people for believing some guy getting crucified will save them from their sins and judgement.

how did you people deceive yourselves so thoroughly? how can any adult not see the writing on the wall?
don't you see the fallacy?
jesus was crucified and wept because god had forsaken him
then the blood drinking christians got crucified for believing there was a guy who got crucified could nullify their sins or something by what was to call itself the catholic church / vatican inside.

and god just let it happen why?
how stupid are you people.
>>
>>55222219
all your points are empty inside while mine are not. philosophy without faith is meaningless and pointless. there's no foundation for philosophy without faith and that's why the faithless philosophers talk about moot and that's why they're boring. because they think we should be impressed that they're smart, but im not impressed because they're not that smart, they jsut think a lot.
>>
>>55211189
>imply Jews aren't white. k
>>
File: The March of God In the World .jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
The March of God In the World .jpg
124 KB, 800x600
>>55221907
Poor old Ben couldn't have even imagined that we wouldn't all have wives anymore. Sad stuff.

The red pill is that men perform far better in the labor force when they are married. The disintegration of the institution of marriage is arguably the biggest factor in our decline. Obviously, religion is central to that.

As usual, we have the idolatrous Marxist jews and their propaganda machine to thank for that. MUH WOMENS LIB. And of course, women are unhappier than ever. What they've done is nothing less than Satanic.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w14969
>>
>>55211579
>>55211857
This reality. When you have to mutually deny God in a conversation. LOL. May He have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>55211189
Lol
No. Learn more about Christianity before you try to explain the beliefs of it.
>>
>>55209434

>Basing your arguments on Nietsche
>Who thought Satan was the hero of the bible.
>Who ended his life insane and talking to his hose.
>>
File: 1445721086757.jpg (42 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
1445721086757.jpg
42 KB, 332x500
>>55221666
>>
>>55222466
There's a hundred different philosophers with a hundred different approaches to the problems of philosophy. Some of them were religious, some went to great effort to "prove" religious concepts. In truth, in both width and breadth, in vitality, in rigour, in evocation, the philosophers far outshine anything concocted by the close-mindedness of "the faithful" who feared venturing outside the bounds of the established thought that was pressed unto them.

PS. Dawkins has a simple argument that destroys any religious belief:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmskXXetcg
>>
>>55209434

Christianity is redpilled because Schopenhauer is redpill about women and he supports christianity

Nietzsche in the other hand isn't redpilled about women thus he isn't redpilled about life either
>>
>>55222376
>jesus was crucified and wept because god had forsaken him
What I meant by centerpiece, is that, the "basic building block" of Christianity, has been the family. This is true of many other religions as well, but it is never true in atheism. Atheism always and inevitably attacks and destroys the family. Atheism can produce nothing more than the coercive "state", to do what used to be done freely, and voluntarily.

The only truth you have, is the argument that, it doesn't make sense for god to send his son to die to forgive the sins of humanity(original sin). He could forgive humanity with or without Jesus being crucified.

With that said, obviously, Jesus made a considerable impact on how those who had known him, or would hear of him, would perceive the world. And it is difficult to imagine that Jesus has had anything but a positive effect on humanity.

My only point is, atheists believe that the world would be better off if we forgot all about Jesus. But on what evidence? Do you really believe that if there was no religion at all, that we would be living in some kind of utopia? If religion is so awful, why has it survived at all?
>>
>>55218644
>GOD DOESN'T DO SHIT FOR ANY OF US ANYMORE. Even AFTER the whole 'covenant with Noah not to destroy us AGAIN'; He still knocked off the firstborns is Egypt for Moses; he was CLEARLY and VISIBLY present, saving Jews.
>WHERE IS HE?
Many of you aren't worth the slightest consideration. Millions of people are worth more to God dead than alive because they're worhtless at the core of their being.

When people suck so much they warrant plagues and massive death waves of whatever kind is the most convenient it's a good riddance.
People bring it upon themselves, there's a natural reaction to all of your unnatural actions. A dog with no respect for the alpha-code does not survive in nature because it is behaving in a way that is unnatural to dogs. Even if a dog has its' alpha respecting behavior replaced with another behavior such as elder respecting behavior it's still unnatural and it'll still die in the wild.
Humans creating lifestyles with no room for God are behaving in a way that is not natural and so there will be a natural reaction to destroy the perpetrators, anyone wonder why the more medical science develops the more natural phenomenon occur? Cancer wasn't a big problem 100 years ago when people could more easily die from the common cold.
Why don't you people understand nature relates to humanity, it reacts to us. If you leave no risk for nature to react then you will simply be smote, that's why the underground nations ended up dying despite having infallable survival plans.
>>
>>55222769

Man his autobiography whined alot about communist jew agitators getting killed by pinochet and dedicated entire chapters to his own jewishness and jews in general.
>>
>>55222567
Exactly. I will say that, although we must differentiate between the idea that "Christianity is useful", so therefore it is good, and so therefore it should be preserved and defended.
And the idea that Christianity is actually true.

I have a tendency to constantly defend the "utility" of Christianity, without going so far as to explain whether or not it is actually true.

In fact, I would love someone, like a C.S. Lewis, to explain to me why Christianity is true, but from the perspective of a skeptic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fR1vSxNEQ
>>
File: 1411604666310.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1411604666310.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>55220870
>>
>>55223056
>The only truth you have, is the argument that, it doesn't make sense for god to send his son to die to forgive the sins of humanity(original sin). He could forgive humanity with or without Jesus being crucified.
this isn't even my argument, i wasn't arguing either i was only presenting some alarming bits of history and putting them together in a way that is alarmingly revealing.

here let me make it simpler

>some romans and jews crucify jesus
>some romans and jews believe drinking blood will save them from their sins
>jesus wept because god forsook him
>the powerful families behind the development of the vatican are behind the crucifixion of millions of early christians.
>what does this mean?
that the good book is for children to read and understand and properly interperet without guidance of someone educated in the esoteric mystery?
>>
>>55211189
None of this matters for anything. Don't you know that Christianity has a long history of anti-semitism? You remember they killed Jesus, right?

The Jewish elites destroyed the Christian fabric of this nation (family, nation, religion) with their Marxist media monopoly + academy to capitalize on all the resentment they had for Christian whites here and abroad. "discriminatory country clubs" and their history in Europe (to say the least). It is time for people to understand that clearly. The Jews never forgive.

Going to Church is an honorable thing to do. It is central to the preservation and sustainment of Western Civilization. After all, it is what got us this far... A strong family and tremendous work ethic. The true red pill on work ethic is women. Men with wives and children work much harder.

If we ever want to get back on the right track, we need to go back to church and be good husbands and wives again. If not, we are finished. There doesn't have to be another reason for it, surely?

Obviously, are women have been ruined but the only way to get them back is with our own superiority and good judgement.
>>
File: Jefferson .jpg (46 KB, 450x318) Image search: [Google]
Jefferson .jpg
46 KB, 450x318
>>55223420
Good thoughts. Our birthright as White American men is to protect our country. Obviously, we are indebted. The way to this is family, country, religion. There has to homogeny here.

Do we think Jefferson said this coincidentally?
>>
>>55223056
Message to all you Catholics that think salvation is a big magic trick - I don't think the Christ will accept any offering from people who hedged their safety between satanism and Christmas.

You think you can make the Christ an offer he can't refuse, because of Jesus?

I think most of you should get rejected from the physical plane and kept in the underworld permanently doing miserable tasks until this universal cycle ends so then you can all become nothing which is as much as you'll ever be worth to God.
>>
>>55209434
>>>/his/
mods please fucking do something about religious threads I've seen like 5 in the last 2 days holy shit I thought these autists finally had a containment board
>>
>>55223949
The Christ doesn't need to accept your offering, he can have everything worth something rounded up after you losers sitting on the fence get eaten by the whore of babylon inside of the Catholic church, after they eat everyone on the fence they will consume themselves and then all the survivors have to do is collect all the valuables, gold, property, etc. But there will be a lot of bodies to burn.
>>
>>55223488
>i was only presenting some alarming bits of history
I wasn't really "alarmed" by it. Jesus got crucified for speaking out against effectively the legitimacy of the Roman Empire, and for basically being a Jewish heretic.

Those in power, wanted to maintain their power, by attacking those who might seek to undermine their power. Jesus was "dangerous" to the men in power, and so he had to be dealt with.

Jesus was upset because god let him suffer on the cross. So why would god allow Jesus to suffer on the cross? And why would the Christians repeat a story where Jesus cried out that god had forsaken him? Wouldn't that be an indictment against god, and thus, their religion itself? How could these "Christians", possibly believe in a god, that let Jesus, his son, and a perfect being, suffer and die on a cross?

Why exactly did this religion, started by a weak man, who never held any power, who preached peace, and who was put to painful death by the Romans, with no intervention from god to stop it; End up effectively "taking over the world"?

It is actually quite amazing.
>>
>>55218644
Wow, this one is quite the rekt for christfags.
>>
>>55223420
Man I loved Narnia when I was a kid, didn't realize that Lewis also did Christian apologetics
>>
File: 1446829335672.jpg (6 KB, 233x200) Image search: [Google]
1446829335672.jpg
6 KB, 233x200
>>55221528
keep trying redneck
>>
>>55223761
>Do we think Jefferson said this coincidentally?
Jefferson wanted to basically have America look something similar to the Amish, forever. Though Jefferson was certainly not opposed to technology. Jefferson was actually quite the tinkerer/inventor.

His real goal was to keep people as independent as possible. Because he believed that only an independent man, could remain virtuous.

Basically, a woman who was independent, would never become a prostitute, because she wouldn't need to be. A man who was independent, would never need to fall into a life of crime. A man who was independent, wouldn't want to take advantage and exploit his neighbors for profit.

It is the dependence on others for your very livelihood, which always an inevitable corrupts the soul.
>>
>>55221955
this
>>
>>55221552
this t b h
>>
>>55209434
>Biggest.
There are far worse things son. You know nothing...
>>
Just shutup and worship the Jew on a stick, and the religion the anti-Roman Saul of Tarsus Jew created.

It's western, we promise.

Oh, and while you're at it, say a prayer for that traitor Constantine.... err, I mean, good goy Constantine, for making the move that helped save Rome... err... I mean led to Rome having nigger emperors and being destroyed.

Barack 'Honorious' Obama.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.