[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question about Legalizing Marijuana for recreational
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
I have a question about Legalizing Marijuana for recreational use in New Jersey.

But first, some background behind my logic here.
As I do not have a degree in law or any qualifications for that matter. I will do my best to be as descriptive and hopefully correct as possible. Here we go!

>The United States of America is a Republic aka a Representative Democracy (Meaning that the people elect an official to represent our views as constituents.)
>Presidential candidate Gov. Chris Christie is the Governor of New Jersey as we all know (He is our elected official).
>His job as our governor is to take the views of us (his constituents) and incorporate that into State Policy and NJ State Law if I am correct.
NOW HERE is the marijuana part:
>The majority of New Jerseyans want to legalize marijuana for recreational and medical use. (So the NJ State Congress created a bill that would do exactly that).
>When this bill is placed on Gov. Christie's desk, he simply REFUSES to sign it.
>Signing this bill would not legalize marijuana just yet; it would satisfy the bipartisan conditions required to create a VOTE for the people.
>Gov. Christie does not want the people to vote on this issue and is blatantly DENYING his own people the RIGHT to VOTE on this particular issue.

QUESTION: also tl;dr:
What can I do to take action when the Governor of my state is DENYING his own people the RIGHT TO VOTE on an issue that is very popular among the state's people?
>BTW he is also running for president without the support of his own state.
>>
Newarkfag here. Christie is a fat fag who has no understanding what a warrant is. He doesnt care what us plebs think. He is too busy with jerry jones eating curly fries watching the "boys".
>>
>>55209375
To add of fatfuck wins the gop nominee it would be hilarious because he wouldnt win NJ at all. It would go democrat. Has there ever been a president who lost his home state ever?
>>
>>55209375
>His job as our governor is to take the views of us (his constituents) and incorporate that into State Policy and NJ State Law if I am correct.
No you are retarded
Their is no requirement for elected representatives to follow public opinion
You should lay of the weed to be honest family
>>
File: 1439144153623.jpg (70 KB, 664x727) Image search: [Google]
1439144153623.jpg
70 KB, 664x727
>>55209600
>>
>>55209375

>hurr american money was better before 1913

I see you have learned about banking from youtube videos
>>
>>55209726. I simply want to take action.
We have a RIGHT to vote. Do we not?
How is it justifiable for an elected official to ignore public opinion, or evade finding out what the public opinion is through a vote.
>>
>>55209787
Get a warrant you fat fuck
>>
>>55209891
Because most people who support legalization don't care enough about it to vote against someone who they otherwise agree with over it
>>
>>55209375
what are those silly donkey and elephant siluettes for anyway?
>>
>>55209787
Get a warrent, you fat fuck.
>>
>>55209375
Legalizing Marijuana is not a "high" priority if your aim is to tear down the false left-right paradigm. In fact, it is an issue that only reinforces this paradigm.
>>
>>55209375
There are still initiative and referendum rights, as well as certain ability of the people to amend the State Constitution.

These, however, require one to overcome substantial barriers - as they were designed not to be easy.

What you and others can do are gaining enough support to use one of these paths to legalization (or just wait for the next Gov)
>>
>>55210200
Please explain in more detail. I want to make a change.

I have the funds and computer knowledge to create a website; if that will help at all.
>as far as I know, nobody has taken the initiative yet to make a change.
>>
They should legalize all drugs, it's a person's freedom and choice to take them.

PS: Before you go on about crackheads ruining neighbourhoods you might want to know that rats will only self administer cocaine (crack) and nicotine until death from overdose.
Oh wait, nicotine is legal right?

Make everything legal for a consenting adult. Make them get a card to shop at special 'pharmacies' sale to people under the age of majority should be illegal and punishable with a strict prison sentence; unless it is a parent introducing a child to 'soft drugs' in which case the parent can bring the child into the pharmacy with them and explain that they would prefer their child to experience weed, LSD, shrooms; with them, rather in a sketchy environment with potentially bad friends.

Oh yeah but then the CIA would lose most of it's budget.
>>
File: Capture.png (549 KB, 642x718) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
549 KB, 642x718
>>55209787
Get a warrent, you fat fuck
>>
>>55209891
>We have a RIGHT to vote. Do we not?
Not especially, if the process for putting a referendum on the ballot includes the governor's signature then he's in the position to not assent to it. The governor is himself elected so you could also argue that it's the people's fault for electing a governor out of step with them on this issue. A step further, we won't get consistent legalization until officeholders start losing their jobs for being on the wrong side of this issue.
>>
>>55210425
It's challenging. Google "initiative and referendum in NJ" and "NJ amending state constitution"
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.