[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/NYC/: Stuy Town Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (891 KB, 1920x1153) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
891 KB, 1920x1153
What do Jew Yorkers think of Stuy Town?

>http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/oct/29/stuyvesant-town-corporate-greed-affordable-housing-new-york

Stuyvesant Town-Peter Cooper Village opened in 1947 and is the largest rental apartment complex in Manhattan. Its aim was to provide decent housing for people on moderate income. There are 110 towers with 11,000 apartments.
As prices rose in NY, Stuy Town stayed stable, until in 2000 when the landlord, Met Life, decided to go public. Between 2002-2015, private landlords bought property and raised prices drastically, something NY senator Chuck Schumer described as "despicable corporate greed". They would also split the apartments into more, smaller apartments.
In 2001, less than 100 apartments were on the open market; now over 50% are.
A 1-bedroom apartment goes for $3,300/month on the open market.
According to the Tenants Association, in the year 2000, there were over 20,000 families on the Stuy Town-Peter Cooper Village waiting list.
The biggest buyers were Tishman Speyer who purchased Stuy Town in 2006 for $5.4bn. They promised the residents not to drive up prices, whilst at the same time hiring investigators to check whether any tenants had breached the lease contracts, e.g. by subletting or by living elsewhere, so they could be removed and the property could be put on the open market for vastly higher rent prices. In 2009, the NY Appeal Court found that Met Life and Tishman Speyer had illegally deregulated 4,000 units.
This process reached a halt in 2015 when Blackstone, the US' largest rental landlords, bought Stuy Town and promised to keep 5,000 apartments for middle/low-income renters for the next 2 decades.
>>
>>55207933
Commieblocks*
>>
>>55208023
Not even the lush greenery or nice redbrick can make them look nice..
>>
>living in goy town in jew york city
>>
I would love to live in New York, except the only housing I could afford there would probably be a roomshare with a broke puerto rican family.
>>
God what do people who live in New York City do for a living? My 1 bedroom here in the pacific northwest is only under $700 a month.
>>
>>55208092
Hey if it's good enough for the rich jews who run america, it should be good enough for goyim too.
>>
>>55207933
So Amsterdam Houses for hipster fags?
UWS here
>>
I never got the 'affordable housing' thing. San Francisco is doing it constantly, they just passed another tax to pay 3 billion for 'affordable housing' in the city this year.

What the dumbfucks in the city don't seem to get is that they're literally paying to import niggers to the area. Then they wonder why their bikes get stolen and your catalytic converter will get cut off your car if you leave it overnight.
>>
rent control only makes housing problems worse in the medium to long term

compare housing prices and availability in areas with intrustive govt regulation to areas that don't

econ 101 desu senpai
>>
>>55208249
My dad is in commercial real estate and my mom does nothing.
>>
>>55208080
They don't need to look nice, they need to be efficient.
>>
>>55208489
>senpai
is this some new meme?
>>
>>55208249
>>55208249
>God what do people who live in New York City do for a living?
Shill.

>>55208489
The solution is to build more houses
>>
>>55208786
NYC would be a laughing stock if it all looked like STuy Town
>>
http://www.buzzfeed.com/benrosen/6-castles-that-cost-less-than-an-apartment-in-nyc

>>not buying a castle in Europe for the price of a medium sized apartment in Manhattan

New York is not even really that cool anymore, All of the people that made it interesting have been pushed out due to the high price of rent its its mostly rich people and their vapid trust fund babies living there now
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.