[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Students triggered by professor telling them to just look aw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16
Students triggered by professor telling them to just look away from offensive halloween costumes. How fucked are American Universities in the year of John Oliver?

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3308422/Students-rage-professor-sent-email-telling-students-just-look-away-offended-Halloween-costumes.html
>>
>he should not sleep at night
I'd have her arrested just for sport, making threats is assault.
>>
>>55204833
Conceal carry. Being enveloped by a mob of angry chimps howling for your death is a clear threat and a justified shooting.

Pull the trigger on every liberal.
>>
File: 1444096295684.gif (349 KB, 135x101) Image search: [Google]
1444096295684.gif
349 KB, 135x101
>>55204833
Well at least we know where all the bleeding-heart Liberal breeding ground is now

>Mfw teenagers put themselves in tens of thousands of dollars in debt to learn unrealistic worldviews and literally assault anyone that disagrees with you
>>
When this shit finally starts to screw with research, they're going to start throwing these idiots out.
>>
>>55204833
Please tell me this is for humanities and not a common occurrence in universities.

I'll be going to grad school (STEM) in Canada next year and I'm worried that the SJW cancer has spread there.
>>
>>55204833
>>55204833
>>55204833
>in the year of John Oliver?

What year is that?
>>
>>55205363
>I'll be going to grad school (STEM) in Canada next year and I'm worried that the SJW cancer has spread there.
STEM should be relatively safe, but you never know with President Dude Weed
>>
>>55205254
>implying it already doesn't
Wew lad
>>
>>55205070
>>55205070
>>55205070
>>55204917
>>55204917

This is known as Narcissistic Rage. It stems from the delusion of Grandeur and Messiah Complex. It also stems from the belief of being morally superior to everyone.
>>
>>55204833
Why is this 'article' written in fucking meme speak?

>the moment when

Also, why do the headline, the summary and the first paragraph contain the exact same information presented with slightly different sentences? Is this what fucking journalism is now?
>>
tl;dr : niggers

That's a real difficult situation for the guy though, a niggress talked to him as if he were a piece of shit and he has now lost all authority over his students as he didn't do anything to her. He should have falcon punched her as soon as she said "shut the fuck up", but doing so he would have been arrested for racism by the police. It's a lose/lose situation either way. He will be forced to resign eventually because he won't be able to continue his job without having niggers trampling all over him as if he was a carpet.
>>
>>55205254
>When this shit finally starts to screw with research
It won't when the research is dependent on funding on the bureaucratic demagogues these people worship.

I.E- NASA funding a report that attempted to mathematically prove how the rich were responsible for industrial civilization coming to an irrevocable collapse because they're parasites and don't allow for wealth equality.
>>
>>55204833
The protest at Yale came as a fraternity at the college was accused of instituting a 'white girls only' policy at a party the night before Halloween.
The Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) chapter had been having a party on October 30 when a group of girls were turned away by a brother because of their race, students claimed.

> Don't get invited to a party
> DAT RACIST
>>
>>55204833
Will the students be expelled for harassing a professor?
>>
>>55206854
Even if they werent invited because of being black: So what? Am I supposed to let people I dislike attend my parties now or what?
>>
>>55206854
>turned away by a brother

The black girls were refused entry by a black guy and this is somehow the white man's fault?
>>
>>55206921
Unlikely. I doubt their academic scores will be harmed either.
>>
>>55206854
>white girls only party
>racist

I'm sure there were plenty of black guys there.
>>
Literally behaving like a child
>You cannot have that
>Ahhhhhhhhhh I want I want ahhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>55206953

"Brother" in this case means a fraternity member, not the colloquialism of "brotha" used with black people.
>>
>>55207279
ah, I see
>>
>>55206243
>that moment when narcissism perfectly describes the current hyperindividualistic society where everyone is a special snowflake and deserves to be treated like a "human being" by which they actually mean "treat me as a special guest since i'm a important figure as you can obviously see"
>>
>>55207279
>>55206854
If their invitation read, "whites only", then that isn't inherent racism, as racism is the belief that either of the races are inferior to eachother but this message is not implying that in any way, it's just saying that this private party in which the gouvernment has no say in whatsoever does not invite black females, that is in no way saying that those races are inferior towards eachother, thus the girl should shut he fuck up and hold her own "blacks only" party, trust me, no one will complain

>>55206921
>imblyin retard Yale will do anything, they probably will fire the professor for being a "racist"
>>
I don't understand how clapping is more triggering than shouting like a drill sergeant in their safe space universe.
>>
>Students fighting FOR censorship against an administration that doesn't want to

Jesus Christ how did it come to this
>>
File: 1446254787779.png (60 KB, 393x172) Image search: [Google]
1446254787779.png
60 KB, 393x172
>>55205575
>>
>>55205575
>>
HOW THE FUCK IS CYBER BULLYING REAL LIKE NIGGA CLOSE YA EYES
>>
>>55204833
They should be kicked out of Yale for being this disrespectful to the professor.
>>
so these are the american most prestigious colleges? now wonder china is taking over, they have no competition
>>
Can we just ban Halloween? It's a stupid holiday
>>
>>55207985
This text literally kills my eyes
>>
File: 1276287604345.jpg (25 KB, 327x388) Image search: [Google]
1276287604345.jpg
25 KB, 327x388
>>55206854
>SAE
>"we'll never have a nigger SAE" - OSU? Chapter

top lel

at least they stand up for their morals across the country
>>
>>55207401
>>55207401
>>55207401
Add to that:

>Cognitive Dissonance
>Delusions of Grandeur
>Inferiority Complex
>Pseudo-Perfectionism
>Unwaranted Self-Importance

I knew someone like this but from THE RIGHT. An extremely religious nut-case that when you pointed out the flaws in his beliefs he would yell at the top of his lungs and for a "Christian" he sure said a lot of bad words. Then when you questioned his behavior he would "rationalize" it. Then blame everyone else for it. He was also suicidal and self-destructive. He would be one of those that would commit suicide and instead of blaming himself he would blame the ungodly heathens for persecuting him.

It happens on both sides. It is just now more apparent on the other side now.
>>
>>55206415
Dude journalism lmao
>>
>sociology professor

Probably he deserves this.
>>
I hate this country more and more everyday.
>>
File: Untitled_17c4e3_5102244[1].jpg (66 KB, 573x629) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_17c4e3_5102244[1].jpg
66 KB, 573x629
>encircled
>>
>>55207877

Cultural Marxism, duh.

Do you even /pol/?
>>
>>55208335
>her orbit
my sides
>>
Why doesn't he expell them for assaulting him?
>>
>>55208532

like that's gonna happen
>>
>>55206415
>Is this what fucking journalism is now?

Yes. Are you just now figuring that out? Dude, it's... oh shit... I forgot the year. But it's a certain fucking year and you should know better by now.
>>
>>55208191
true, never said it didn't happen on both sides, but on the liberal side it's generally not a belief in a god that makes them like they are, but a belief in themseves, that they themselves are somehow more special than others, and that difference makes it way more delusional to me
When you base all your beliefs on a godlike figure, and don't allow for reasoning, then yes, you're a retard, but atleast you attribute your morals to a godlike being whose morals will always be better than any mortals morals, but if you base your beliefs on yourself, and don't allow for any reasoning, then you're even worse than a retard, you're pretty much thinking yourself to be a god in your own mind, which is absolutely disgusting and outright delusional
However...ah nvm both are disgusting kinds of people, no need to argue whether either of them is worse so nevermind what I said.

The real problem here is that religious wackjobs get called out for their bullshit, whilst Ms Martin Luther Queen here (hope you saw the video, she was screaming at the poor man without any arguments at all) didn't get called out on anything, which is so much worse as it just enables her behaviour.
>>
> paying 48k to possibly 60k a year to Yale for this.

I gotta admit, if I was paying that much every year to attend a school I'd probably bitch and moan to have everything the way I want, too. And that might be real problem here: nobody's here to get educated or learn skills or learn (be challenged), they're there to get a diploma from an accredited school and score some connections and influence in the mean time. Teachers aren't teachers, they're staff like the janitors and landscapers.
>>
Revolution when?
>>
>>55208139
Can we just ban Canadians from posting? It's such a stupid country.
>>
>>55209910
>educated
>challenged
shitlord, an university is supposed to be a safe place for all of us, YOU CAN'T JUST FUCKING CHALLENGE SOMEONE'S OPINION, YOU'RE INVALIDATING HIS IDENTITY AND OPINION SHITLORD
and there goes your education system down the drain
>>
>>55209398
>>55209398
>>55209398
>>55209398
>you're pretty much thinking yourself to be a god in your own mind, which is absolutely disgusting and outright delusional

Bingo, this is Cultural Marxism and Friedrich Nietzsche. They both advocate either the government is God or YOU are your own god now.

That sort of thinking is where all those things I green text come from. In actuality, man NEEDS to believe in God in order to survive. This is part of human nature and is dangerous to remove. This is what we call Spirituality which is what the Buddhist. Buddist are some of the most bro-tier people ever but don't believe in Jehovah nor Jesus Christ. Yet they are an organized religion. They don't focus on salvation nor obsess over doctrine like the others but on bettering oneself spiritually.

Religion in the sense of spirituality is good but bad in the sense of pseudo-spirituality like the Churches offer.
>>
File: cyberbullying.jpg (52 KB, 480x314) Image search: [Google]
cyberbullying.jpg
52 KB, 480x314
>>55204833
Obligatory. The faggots want the right to never feel offense at anything.
>>
>>55210432
I'll hugbox you to that mate
Buddism does seem to have found the right kind of spirituality, but as far a I know, the buddists don't have a god, right? Atleast that's what I know about them, they've got Buddha, but he's not really considered a god, right? It's all about becoming enlightened and stuff, which is nothing but spirituality and self reflection, both of which I don't doubt are great for the mind.
>>
>>55210432
ah yes, all those technological advances of the buddhists

how can you recognize the importance of god but not recognize how far below buddhists god system is compared to white people practicing christianity
>>
>>55210772
>>55210772
>>55210772
The Buddha is kind of like Asian/Indian Jesus. He was a normal humble man that ascended to godhood the same way Jesus ascended to godhood. The difference is that Jesus depended on his dad for resurrection and to be given power into godhood. Buddha seems to have done it all himself. He beat the endless cycle of pain and suffering and reincarnation by ascending into "Nirvana." So Buddha is seen as some sects as a god, others as an example to follow like Jesus, and others both.

Some religions are about being spiritual like Jehovah's Witnesses and Buddhist and the rest are about power, wealth, and sensationalism.
>>
>>55211026
the technological advances generally aren't because of religion, rather European advances were because of their heritage (Roman Empire) and because of war, the European peninsula was an incredibly fractured land with hundreds of petty kingdoms, all those wars that resulted from that kind of fracturing leads to enormous technological advances as everyone is trying to kill everyone
The buddists i assume (as i don't know for sure, my knowledge of east asian kingdoms isn't that great) weren't generally that warlike which would implicate technological advances

>>55211057
then I assume that spirituality on an individual level is great, on a small group level is also fantastic, but on a larger scale will result in influences from other things like power and wealth, which will result in the spirituality being abused by more powerful men to achieve their own means?
>>
>>55210432
How can you single out Buddhism here? I was raised Catholic, and lemme tell you, it's the same deal about bettering yourself, except with the addition of guilt because you'll never be anything but a dirty sinner. It's very humbling, and I actually recommend it.
>>
>>55204833
Niggers of course.

You know affirmative action is powerful when niggers can get into to yale. We all know they didn't get the grades to go there and harass professors.
>>
Photos at link show they're about all minorities too.

Why are college students so retarded?
>>
>>55211057
In school we were taught, as far as Buddha was concerned obviously, that

>He was more like a prince and lived within the palace grounds
>Obviously being a prince he had whatever he wanted
>On the other edge of that sword, because he had lived inside in the palace grounds, he assumed everyone beyond the walls lived to the same standard but was forbidden from leaving the grounds
>One time he sneaked out and seen that, what his vision had been was far from the reality
>Disgusted and upset that he had all this wealth while the larger population lived in poverty
>[I think there was something to do with confronting his father about it, his father arguing with him and telling him that was the reason he hadn't wanted him to leave the grounds, but he leaves for good anyway]
>Starts living with the poor
>Moves on to teaching
>Buddha

That was the gist of it anyway. How much of it is true though is obviously open to all kinds of debate.
>>
>>55204833
Apparently yale is now nothing but an affirmative action student body. Top kek.
>>
>>55211671
i think you're taking this too personally mate, he's not saying that Christianity is completely wrong or anything
I think, I assume, he's saying that Christianity has outgrown it's merely spiritual side and has become way too big, the whole point of religion, like Biuddism, is to retain and activate your spiritual side
When religions become too big, they're used by more powerful men to achieve what they want, and they don't care anymore about any "nonsense" spirituality, that's why he's calling the Churches pseudo-spirituality
This doesn't happen in Buddism so that's why he singled out Buddism
He isn't saying that Christianity is bad inherently, merely that it has been overtaken by others who don't care about the spirituality, it's become too big
sure, there definitely will be families out there that'll raise their children well as they're using Christianity in it's rightful spiritual sense, but because it's such a big religion, it's very easy for a powerful person within christianity to make people do what he says (for example a priester of a community "convincing" people to vote for Hillary Clinton)
>>
>>55212000
trips confirm Buddha
dubs confirming he sat under a tree 'till he was enlightened?
>>
>>55210432
man NEEDS to believe in God in order to survive
wow, tens of thousands of years of human history and thousands of cultures just didn't happen until Jesus came along. They just "didn't survive!"

Also, you're probably one of those faggots who think Jesus is god. I'm sure that's exactly what he wanted people to think. I'm sure he wanted people to worship him as god, just like I read in the Bible.
>>
File: 4836899912-cigar-smoking-cop.jpg (129 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
4836899912-cigar-smoking-cop.jpg
129 KB, 500x334
>in the year of John Oliver
lost
>>
>>55212646
i don't think you've read this quite well enough
Society needs a god to believe in, whether it be Jesus, God, the Greek Pantheon, the Egyptian Pantheon, whatever, whether it be spirits or gods or life forces, society needs spirituality, else men will force itself to be and act like god, leading to the exact situation which was described earlier in the posts
i suggest you read all the posts and get the context and overthink what has been said before replying and assuming and insulting someone
>>
>>55212546
Maybe I am taking it a little personally. But how can I not?

Beside that, how can you say this about The Church? It was "taken over" by a pope that kicked a rich corrupt church official out of his mansion and turned it into a homeless shelter, refuses to be called "Holy Father" because it's blasphemy, who sneaks out like batman to feed the poor at night, and takes public transportation rather than being driven whenever possible. And let's be honest, most small town Catholic priests are "connected" to the church, but are much more connected to their parish/community than the church. My little brother just got back from his mission (LDS), and he told me about a priest up in Canada that he befriended by helping him re-roof his house, and they often went to coffee to talk about spirituality in their respective churches.
>>
>>55205070
It's frightening because these students are our best and brightest. There's a good chance some of these people will become elected officials.

>>Mfw teenagers put themselves in tens of thousands of dollars in debt to learn unrealistic worldviews and literally assault anyone that disagrees with you

Getting a degree from a place like Yale is more like paying that much money to join the cultural elite. It's totally worth it.
>>
File: VNK93d0.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
VNK93d0.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>55204833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2ZMN3T18E
>>
>>55211671
>>55211671
>>55211671
That's because I ASSUME the Bible to be correct and the word of God. Catholics are part of the system of Churchianity because they don't believe in the Bible, they believe in tradition and in Popes. They compromise the Bible for fitting in with the world. Catholics are not spiritual, they are formalist. For a Christian to be spiritual they must read the Bible daily and STUDY the Bible and MEDITATE on the Bible.

That's why I mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah's Witnesses are the SPIRITUAL people. Catholics are the FORMALIST, RITUALISTIC ones. Catholics don't know what they believe and WHY they believe it.

I would know, I'm a former Catholic.
>>
>>55212938
which seems great to me, that's a great form of spirituality and I'm not saying that that's bad in any way, it's fantastic, but there are also Christians that either think themselves to be morally superiour merely because, they have a certain doctrine and think it must be followed to the letter and think that any difference to it is completely wrong, those are non-spiritual christians which are one part of christianity which is wrong, another part is, and it'll be way easier to understand if you go back in time, that christianity has been used by Popes and other kings for their wars by abusing people's sense of spirituality, corrupting it so that they'll do what the king or Pope wants them to (for example, the crusades)
The majority of the christians aren't blind followers or non-spiritual I'll agree to that, so it's not like Christianity has no sense or connection to spirituality anymore, but due to its size it's easier for that spirituality to kinda fall to a background role, for catholicism that won't really happen now thanks to your based Pope, but it did happen in the past, Popes pretty much not functioning as a spiritual leader but as a leader with a certain doctrine that must be followed, which defies the whole spiritual point of Christianity
>>
>>55204833
Looks like they got 'enriched'.
>>
Good. This needs to keep happening, all the time. Then these people will realise what they've created.
>>
>>55213374
Ho there mate, our American friend to whom you replied is a pretty good Catholic so you've got to admit there are execptions (pretty common exceptions) to this
>Catholics don't know what they believe and WHY they believe it
I'll agree that there are Catholics out there who aren't spiritual, but there are also Catholics out there who are, as you say it, formalists
But to me that just shows that Christianity has lost some of it's sense of spirituality and that leads to churches each having their own form of Christianity (that is either they do teach the spiritual side of Christianity and make people want to learn about the spiritual side, or they don't make people want to learn about any spirituality and that leads to this formalist ritualistic side)
>>
>>55204833
So this is what Sanders wants when he says free college for everyone
>>
>>55213374
Man, I won't pretend to know what flavor you experienced, but honestly I'm glad you found whatever you did. I know exactly the people you are speaking of, the "front-rowers" who take extra long to put that $100 in the collection basket. But don't forget my mom and two brothers, in the back row just in case my little brother gets out of hand, just trying to catch the homily. Father Michael always had a heartfelt speech prepared for us, which was based in scripture, but he found a way to apply it to our everyday lives for the next week. And we tried! So please try not to make sweeping generalizations about any culture. Our rituals seem archaic and maybe even "cult-y" but trust me rituals are a human behavior, it's a way of bonding as a large community. That said, the front-rowers do upset me too, mostly because they have given all of Christianity a REALLY bad name nowadays. It sucks.

>>55213763
thanks Nederbro, I believe there's good and bad to every religion. How can I not? My religion is BUILT on flaws lol. That's why we have special boxes you go into to tell someone else what a horrible person you are. And then we go home and drink like normal Americans
>>
>>55213689
They won't mind.
>>
File: 1415163338865.jpg (10 KB, 184x226) Image search: [Google]
1415163338865.jpg
10 KB, 184x226
>americas best and brightest
>>
>>55206415
2 0 1 5
>>
>>55213689
It's likely just sign that what's to come will be much worse.

>>55214479
Mattress girl went to Columbia. The ivies are a breeding ground for this type progressivism. It's a shame that there's no meaningful way of holding them accountable.
>>
Halloween is when liberals finally admit that what you wear IS everyone's business but rarely doesn't anyone point it out to them.

>I'm wearing this because I like it/it's hot out/it's comfortable, what's it to you?
>If you're bothered by it, that's YOUR problem
>If you find it sexually provocative, that's because you're a pervert
>what I'm wearing is not up for discussion or debate
>what I'm wearing is not an invitation to harass me
>>
>>55205742
Ah, can't speak for Canada, but STEM is not going to keep you from this. It actually makes you a target. I'm in college for computer science. I have had more conversations about this nonsense than I care to admit. Genuinely had Java programming turn into an argument about women in STEM one day. English class that was required to graduate was analyzing feminist literature and we discussed the wage gap like it was a genuine issue.
>>
>>55204833
I'm surprised they celebrate any holiday with a remotely European-origin at all.
>>
File: 1441139863082.gif (3 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1441139863082.gif
3 MB, 360x203
>>55205254

Anon..

I work in a microbiology lab, and occasionally do work with a university near me.

This shit is already interferring with research.

I have already seen GRADUATES that have been hired without knowledge of how to operate basic lab equipment properly. Or infection control in a fucking micro lab.

Believe me when I say its already started.
>>
So... Who;s ging to get shit on? The official that stated his opinion that did't fit the medi narrative or the students that didn't like his opinion and physically assailed him? Let the games begin...
>>
File: i've made a terrible mistake.jpg (58 KB, 411x425) Image search: [Google]
i've made a terrible mistake.jpg
58 KB, 411x425
>>55204833
>How fucked are American Universities in the year of John Oliver?

Incredibly so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmO-ziHU_D8

>The 2014 Cross Examination Debate Association's national championship was held at Indiana University. The all African American female team from Towson University defeated the all African American male team from the University of Oklahoma. Though this may be a first for African American women, it is not a real win for women or African Americans, but a loss for collegiate debate specifically and America in general. I am not sure what the winners won, but it certainly wasn't a debate.

Coming soon to Western civilization near you.
>>
>>55218374
Recently graduated and I feel like I could be just like those oblivious useless ones. I took a microbiology course just before I graduated and I actually felt dumber after taking it. Towards the end of the semester our prof just showed us Contagion in class. The fucking fictional movie. Nice, not like I wanted something with rigor. And with a class like that it becomes even harder to care about the subject, you might have even bothered to do some independent reading or studying if you weren't already bored of the bullshit busywork they give out.

Still feels like all my fault
>>
>>55218630
What. The. Fuck.
>>
SHIT IN PIT
>>
File: 1394273071861.jpg (7 KB, 226x226) Image search: [Google]
1394273071861.jpg
7 KB, 226x226
>>55204833

You need your own moral man to put them in there places.

https://youtu.be/trRdlNTbe0k
>>
>>55218630
OOK OOK EEK EEK
>>
>>55218630
What the fuck.
>>
>>55204833
You know how progressives always brag about how the majority of college students are women now?

I can't help but think there's a correlation here...
>>
File: 1358995734017.jpg (199 KB, 573x728) Image search: [Google]
1358995734017.jpg
199 KB, 573x728
>what a girl wears is none of your business shitlord
>what you wear on Halloween is my business shitlord
>>
>>55218630
What the hell were we pledging to in school?
>>
File: smug_little_shit.jpg (44 KB, 426x601) Image search: [Google]
smug_little_shit.jpg
44 KB, 426x601
>mfw this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XPHIfgFwsY

this guy phrases would I would assume to be most of our frustrations with this quite brilliantly.
>>
>>55208051

WALK AWAY FROM THE SCREEN NIGGA
>>
File: 1446056620088.png (780 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1446056620088.png
780 KB, 1600x900
>>55204833
This is where i officially start to make an effort to dissociate myself from societies problems and focus on my own growth. i refuse to care anymore about how humanity is eating itself alive.The fucking promotion and admiration of hedonism in this society is disgusting and is putting too much unneeded stress on my soul.
>>
File: 1434309571884.jpg (14 KB, 315x292) Image search: [Google]
1434309571884.jpg
14 KB, 315x292
>>55208335
>>
>>55220545
How can you dissociate yourself from it when it surrounds you and everything you do happens within it?
>>
>>55220913
By focusing my attention towards a skill,craft, trade.Something productive that interests me. i said an effort will be made, not everything has to be defined in absolutes.
>>
>>55204833
America was a mistake
>>
>>55208139
i hope America builds a wall to keep Canadians out
>>
>>55221288
Based Sigmund Freud

America is a mistake, a giant mistake
>>
>>55218630

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/13/%E2%80%9Ci_was_hurt%E2%80%9D_how_white_elite_racism_invaded_a_college_debate_championship/

>The increasing racial diversity of college debate is directly attributable to the work of these leagues, but of course the presence of more Black folks in any space also fundamentally challenges the ground upon which business proceeds. Black students have not only excelled at traditional debate, but they have invented new modes of competitive forensics, including a more performative style of debate that incorporates rap music, poetry and personal anecdotes.

>Pioneered in college debate programs like that at the University of Louisville, this more performative style of debate has productively disrupted the traditionalist forms of debate centered on spouting, at the highest rates of speed, copious amounts of academic literature in order to prove a point. When I spoke with Korey by phone about this piece, she was hesitant to characterize her and Ameena’s style in a singular way, since they tend to incorporate both traditional elements like the reading of arguments published in academic journals and books with newer elements like poetry. Korey told me, “The word ‘traditional,’ the word ‘performative,’ the word ‘k-debater’ (which refers to “critique” or “kritik” debaters, who argue more philosophical rather than policy positions) will never actually capture what we are trying to do here.” That resistance to labels, and ambivalence about “the violence labels perform,” are hallmarks of the speech of young thinkers, searching to find their way in the world.
>>
>>55222105
>>55218630
Black people incapable of following the rules get rewarded with candy. I can just hear liberal responses to this.
"It was a year ago. It only happened once. It won't happen again. Stop dwelling on the past!"

You know. The stuff people say in rape trials.
>>
>>55204833
There are holdouts. They are few. The Ivy League was the first to go, but there are holdouts.
>>
>>55207985

Holy fuck ow that text
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.