[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amerikeks could send a man to the Moon in the 60s. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: saturn5allclean2.jpg (1 MB, 2058x3297) Image search: [Google]
saturn5allclean2.jpg
1 MB, 2058x3297
Amerikeks could send a man to the Moon in the 60s. It's 2015 now (come on) and amerikeks can't do the same thing now. Does it mean USA is a less technologically advanced society in 2015 than it was in the 60s?
>>
They just turned their percent of resources dedicated to research down compared to cold war years, and now dedicate that percentage to producing gold

They still have all of the technology from then, it is cumulative, so they are more advanced
>>
>>55204199
I don't think we want to go to the moon
Mars is the new meme
>>
>>55204363
>They still have all of the technology from then, it is cumulative
Nope. The materials used in Saturn V and the lander require special manufacturing process. If the funding has been cut, it means these production facilities are now defunct. You can't just go out and buy this shit from China.
>>
>>55204199
>Internet
>Smartphones
>etc.

Come on, Canada. I know you're trying to compete with the Aussies but come on.
>>
>>55204534

But wouldn't Moon be good practice? Camp there for a couple of weeks, fry some sausages and sing camp songs.
>>
>>55204587

The Mounties have moose-mounted lasers, you know.
>>
>>55204587
Uh-huh, internet was invented in the 60s, smartphones are just scaled down PCs, which have been developed in the 60s too (at least the architecture with GUI).
>>
No its just less ambitions and lazy
Good luck finding someone who can fit in that tiny cockpit
>>
>>55204677
The best way to colonize space is to first set up a base/production facility on the Moon, build a launch pad, then move on to the next planet/satellite, repeat, etc. Or build a huge ass colonization space ship first and park it at each planet until manned bases are set up.
>>
>>55204199
This is what happens when you stop funding. The contractors no longer feed the subcontractors. All the knowledge and skills that the subcontractors had disappears when their businesses go belly up.
>>
>>55204199
Nah, its just because nobody else seems to be trying to go back either.
I guarantee that if Russia or China started growing their space programs again, we'd do so as well just to try and beat them to whatever it is they were doing.
Since nobody is really competing with us for some new goal in space, the general populace doesn't really give a shit, and some people think that minorities and the military need even more of our money than we're already giving them.
>>
>>55205284
Exactly. It will take decades just to build the exact replica of Saturn V.
>>
>>55204199
The saturn project was designed by all white men.

now, due to racial quotas and shit, we can't get anything done. we have to hire niggers, spics, chinks and women, none of which work well in a team to complete a larger goal. Let alone are competent engineers.

give the space program back to white guys, we'll get stuff done.
>>
>>55204199
No more Nazi scientists left now.
>>
>>55204363
Nice Civ reference tbhfam
>>
File: 1441774026612.png (529 KB, 925x519) Image search: [Google]
1441774026612.png
529 KB, 925x519
>>55204199
The Greeks knew how to make greek fire and we don't. Does that make ancient greece more advanced than us?
>>
These "let's bait America" threads are getting worse every single day.
>>
>>55205192
Yeah I've heard that theory too, build a launch pad on the moon because there's less gravity and no atmosphere.
>>
File: 1445308726531.jpg (1 MB, 2429x1346) Image search: [Google]
1445308726531.jpg
1 MB, 2429x1346
>>55205837
Are you autistic or something? Manned flight to the Moon is the peak of all human civilization. Never before could a man walk on an extraterrestrial body.
>>55205939
>America
Lives in our memories now. The current People's Republic of Kekoldistan which sprung up on its territory is a completely different country.
>>
>>55204199
It isn't a technology problem, its an infrastructure one. It would take a decade to set everything up again, even though the technology is all there. We would need to design, contract out, and build a new manned launch vehicle capable of reaching the moon and back. We would need to get all the launch facilities and ground personal to support the mission set up again. We would need to train the astronauts and all personal involved for years on end.

For all the effort it would require, we might as well prepare for a manned Mars mission instead. Why bother doing what we have already done?
>>
It means the defense/aerospace industry is ridiculously inefficient and overpriced. Back in the 60s you had government/military customers who would say "we want this done so god dammit we're going to get this done". Then they would cut the shortest possible path to the target that was also well engineered, pour money at it as hard as they could, and that was it.

The sheer amount of wasted money in defense/aerospace these days is astonishing. You have projects where the military will hire 3 different contractors to do the exact same thing. Then they will pick one (that they were always going to pick no matter what) and the other companies work ends up sitting on shelves never used. Tons of companies stay afloat for years and years just jumping onto big prime contracts as a "sub-contractor" and never contribute anything of value to the project.
>>
>>55204199
Shut up syrupfag, when you put a pound of Canadian bacon in orbit than we can talk.
>>
File: EF-111A_and_F-111F_in_flight.jpg (2 MB, 2830x1870) Image search: [Google]
EF-111A_and_F-111F_in_flight.jpg
2 MB, 2830x1870
>>55206397
*Cough* *Cough*
>>
>>55204199
Everything is going downhill anon, this is what's known as "progression".
>>
>>55206774

Yes wasteful spending happened in the old days too. But it's become so much more prevalent now, though the reasons have changed.
>>
>>55204199
I think we're trying to perfect the Orion spacecraft before we attempt any more manned space missions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_%28spacecraft%29
>>
File: America.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
America.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>55204199
>>55206194

Also why the nasa don´t use jupiter rockets blueprints and improve them instead of wasting money and time in the Orion? The russians use the same rocket and you gringos pay them for it

>>55204534
You´re an utter failure and just don´t figured out.

>>55206676
>>55205837

Then why you don´t have a manned spaceship nowor peopple outside of LEO anymore?
>>
>>55207160
>why create better technology when we can keep using the same old junk that has like a 50/50 chance of blowing up

Third world logic, everyone.
>>
>>55206912
The F-111's development was literally the exact same process the F-35 is going through right now but even fucking worse, you have no idea what you are talking about.
>Air Force and Navy both want new Fighter/Bomber
>Congress mandates they both adopt the same Fighter/Bomber to save money
>Tactical Fighter Experimental program is born
>Navy's carrier launch requirements hobble program from very beginning
>Proposals from SIX different contractors were considered
>They go with General Dynamics every though neither the Air-Force nor the Navy wanted that one
>Plane was plagued with issues throughout its entire development
>Technical failures resulted in 3 lost aircraft in Vietnam combat trials
>Didn't meet the Navy's requirements whatsoever
>Navy eventually backs out of the program to pursue the F-14 rending the entire venture pointless
>Air Force model is somehow salvaged with revisions/tweaks and it goes on to serve pretty well for 30 years
>>
>>55204199
what is SLS?
>>
>>55207278
>>55207278
The Jupiter is still the heaviest rocket builded (which means its can take more tons of payload to more altitude), what i´m saying is that seem a good idea me to use this build this model with new technology and materials to make it more efficient and safer for Beyond LEO missions
Also the Orion capsule well, it´s just a capsule just like 40 years ago but with more endurance on space obiously. I see very hard using the orion for manned missions.
>>
>>55207866
Can it take much payload to more distance as the Jupiter?
>>
>>55204199

More advanced, but poor as shit
>>
>>55208083
Sooooo... not as fat?
>>
>>55208027
The first version will be 70 metric tons to LEO, version 2 will be 130 metric tons to LEO.
>>
>>55207980
Do you mean the Saturn-V? Also
>build this model with new technology and materials
Is an entirely impossible statement. You can't just magically take a 50 year old design and integrate new technology and materials into it. The process of modernizing an old design is almost as expensive as making a brand new. It would be a questionable undertaking if we even still had functional Saturn-Vs left, and we don't.
>>
>>55208027
What?

Here's a brief overview of what SLS can do
>http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/defense-space/space/sls/docs/sls_mission_booklet_jan_2014.pdf
>>
>>55204199
no they lied you moron
>>
>>55208234
>>55208234
>>55208234

i´m a fucking idiot, i mistaked the Saturn for the SLS
>>55208234
i guess you´re right , this is what you got read shit from someone don´t know shit and speculates incoherently.
I was comparing rocket engines with airplane engines because both are complicated and expensive and engines and spre spare parts of designs of 30 40 years ago are still beign produced with better technology and materials so why not do the same with glorious Saturn?
>>55208223
Not bad , if you wanna stay in LEO the next 30 years now look at this :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_V

Payload to
LEO 310,000 pounds (140,000 kg)
Payload to
TLI 107,100 pounds (48,600 kg)
The Saturn is a testament of how insane cool and wasteful was the gringos.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.